PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the first ep will begin?

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 7th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Just a thought... how do you think the first ep will begin? Do you think it'll begin with a Star Trek-style text scroll, or maybe with some scenes from Stargate: SG-1? Personally, although I know it's not very likely (due to what we've heard), I think it'd be nice to get good ole Christopher Judge to do a voiceover with his standard "Previously on Stargate: SG-1..." then some quick scenes from SG-1, and then have him say, "And now, Stargate: Atlantis." Although I know that's not likely to happen due to the whole only Jack and Daniel will be in Atlantis premiere thing, but I think it'd be interesting, nonetheless.

Also, where do you think the episode will pick up? What do you think will be the last moment of the SG-1 ep and what do you think Atlantis will begin with? Personally, I have no clue on that front.

brandohall
May 7th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I am betting on a helicoptor shot of "Antartica"

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 7th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Maybe... although I'm thinking they figure out how to get to Atlantis in SG-1, then go there and whatnot in Atlantis. Dunno though. You could be right. Personally, I think ep 1 of season 8 of SG-1 will begin with your helicopter shot.

brandohall
May 7th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I think they are dramatic and cool!

DownFallAngel
May 7th, 2004, 04:06 PM
The ATeam is sitting in a room. Its dark. You can here water dripping from the tops of the ceiling to the cold dark floors.

Flashlights are trying to search through the darkness, trying to find something. BAM! A leperchaun jumps out, and kicks them through the stargate.

And thus begins the Atlantis Saga.

More or less along those lines.

KayMan2k
May 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM
BEWARE Spoilers For Lost City P2
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Before Opening....

In the Ancient Outpost in Anartica, someone from the ATeam with the special gene sits in the control chair and locates information about the Lost City. Then after the beginning sequence we see Wier prepare a team in the SGC (we've seen this scene in the SciFi commercial previews).

hotz69
May 7th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Well by what ive heard, it will he a helicoper scene. Jack is on board with Sheppard offering him a job.

David85
May 7th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Thats what I heard too.

Anubis
May 8th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Well, it's sure to open with a Lost City / Antartica scene

the_fours
May 8th, 2004, 03:30 AM
a helicopter scene is the most appropriate starting point, but saying that who would have thought sg-1 would start with a poker game

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Maybe... although I'm thinking they figure out how to get to Atlantis in SG-1, then go there and whatnot in Atlantis. Dunno though. You could be right. Personally, I think ep 1 of season 8 of SG-1 will begin with your helicopter shot.
No, New Order has nothing to do with Atlantis...

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 8th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Nothing at all? Are you sure? (Lost City spoilers, plus stuff you could devise by watching the promos)

Remember, Jack's sort of... stuck... in the exact place where we're going to find this tablet thing, whatever it is, directing us to the Lost City. That, and we already know Jack is in the premiere of Atlantis, standing up in the SGC watching the people about to depart... so I'm thinking the first ep of season 8 WILL have something to do with Atlantis.

DownFallAngel
May 8th, 2004, 09:48 AM
I think New Order is going to take place right after the ATeam leaves. Like within an hour or so after they depart for ANT.

Wass
May 8th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I think New Order is going to take place right after the ATeam leaves. Like within an hour or so after they depart for ANT.

No that can't happen becouse Jack has to be unforzon first with the help of the asgard i think

thor39
May 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Probably begin with an intro to the chars and why they are going perhaps because the goa'uld have thir attension focused again ;)

David85
May 8th, 2004, 11:59 AM

Umm No. If that was the case then Jack would still have that little problem he is in. :) And they would show Atlanis before the 8th season of Stargate.

SGSlugger
May 8th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Sci-Fi is gonna show the first ep of S8 one week before they show the first ep of Atlantis. They said that it was in order to clear up what happened in Lost City, and to set the stage.

I could be mistaken though.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Sci-Fi is gonna show the first ep of S8 one week before they show the first ep of Atlantis. They said that it was in order to clear up what happened in Lost City, and to set the stage.

I could be mistaken though.
No, you're right.

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah... I'm pretty sure that New Order has to take place before Atlantis ep 1... otherwise, SciFi will really be messing with our minds...

shockwave
May 9th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Yes, Weir is still in charge of the SGC in New Order, at the end of New Order, part 2 Jack will be the new general, and Weir send to Antarctica, and in Rising, to Atlantis.

the_fours
May 9th, 2004, 04:24 AM
im hopeing that in one of the early eps such as avatar they at least mention the A-team going to atlantis

GateWard
May 9th, 2004, 06:17 AM
You're all wrong,

The first episode of Atlantis starts with the city of Atlantis leaving the Earth and flying to its new home in the Pegasus galaxy. Essentially the scene they cut at the end of the Lost City. They thought this scene would fit much better with the pilot of Atlantis.

You're welcome.

Wass
May 9th, 2004, 08:20 AM
You're all wrong,

The first episode of Atlantis starts with the city of Atlantis leaving the Earth and flying to its new home in the Pegasus galaxy. Essentially the scene they cut at the end of the Lost City. They thought this scene would fit much better with the pilot of Atlantis.

You're welcome.

Are you sure about that where did you get the info from.

By the way has anybody else experince that the new forum takes for ever to load up or is it just me I mean i have broadband so it should load up pretty quickly. Do i have sort out the settings or something helpppppppppppppp :S :( .

lozza
May 9th, 2004, 09:24 AM
what about if the sg1 'new order' ends and then if follows the sgc but in atlantis it start from the same point like the stroy splites off in to 2 ways ????

and the sgc goes from there and so does atlantis

:rolleyes: still there are many ways it could start ???

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 9th, 2004, 04:06 PM
The first episode of Atlantis starts with the city of Atlantis leaving the Earth and flying to its new home in the Pegasus galaxy.

Hmm... I can't quite make sense of that... I honestly hope that it's not right... I'd rather it work some way other than that.

I was thinking about it... wouldn't it be better if Atlantis began in some way so non-SG-1-viewers could pick right up on it? Even if a knowlege of SG-1 would enhance it, wouldn't it need to work standalone for new viewers?