This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not jonas for atlantis?!!!

i'm amazed they did not ask Corin Nemec to reprise his role for Atlantis (i'm working on the assumption they didn't), with his more highly evolved DNA, he would surely have made an explainable case for activating the Ancients Chair device. We could also have had a team comprising of earth humans and langarran humans - from each of the three continents on Langarra - Kelownan, Tiranian and Andari. It would have made for some tension on the show from the off! Why do i get the feeling the producers missed a huge opportunity.

No one likes Jonas. Especially TPTB

Also. Jonas's DNA wasn't Ancient DNA. It's unsure whether the Ancient Gene occuring on Earth is by random chance, or by an act of genetic tinkering by the Ancients when they returned, so that we could use their technology when we were ready.
    sigpic

Comment

Because he is still working on his planet to buld it up again after all teh things that have happend, and also they may use him again in season 9 if they have one.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I like Jonas but as for putting him on atlantis ..... NO! that would be very bad leave him where he is helping to restore order to his planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          No one likes Jonas. Especially TPTB

Also. Jonas's DNA wasn't Ancient DNA. It's unsure whether the Ancient Gene occuring on Earth is by random chance, or by an act of genetic tinkering by the Ancients when they returned, so that we could use their technology when we were ready.
          I liked Jonas and think it was a shame that
          tptb did not bring him back for s7 other than
          the few he was in.
          I thought he was great with Daniel, lots of
          funny moments there also imho he was like a
          breath of fresh air in s6 and i'm sure the
          writers could really expanded on his story alot
          more than they did.
          ......TARA......

Comment

Not everyone hates Jonas as much as SOME people do and some of us can even stay civil about it. However, it does seem to be true that TPTB are doing their best to scrub all trace of Jonas from the show's existence, and given their track record with the character in S6 and S7, I highly doubt that Jonas would get any better treatment in terms of plotlines and character development on Atlantis than he received during his stint on SG-1. That, to me, would be a reason to keep him away from Atlantis. TPTB frelled up badly enough already, let's not rub salt in the wound.

Comment

Hey I would like to say that I do like Jonas. Not as much as Dr. Jackson but I do like him so not everyone hates hims.

Comment

I think Jonas would have been a great addition to the Atlantis crew, not least because he's a better (IMO) diplomat than Doctor Weir, he has good chemistry with Rodders and

the Shephard/Quinn slashers would have kept me busy reading!
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Count me in with the 'liking jonas' group.

I thought his character was great and loved how he revitalized the show in s6.

However, having said that, it seems that Bridge, MGM, Sci-fi and everyone else in the known universe is doing everythign short of re-editing all the s6 episodes to make every effort possible to scrub his very existence from the stargate universe.

Personally, it's very much a 'bite me' to those that liked the character.

If that's how the character and actor are going to be treated, he's better off somewhere else.

Corin is a bit like RDA in the aspect that he had a career before stargate, and he'll have a career after the show ends....unlike a lot of actors whose fame is tied solely to one character and one show and when that show ends, they end up a waiter in a restaurant
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    unlike a lot of actors whose fame is tied solely to one character and one show and when that show ends, they end up a waiter in a restaurant
                    Or they'll be stuck living off their "fame" as the one character, doing the convention circuit, getting jobs because they were So-and-So on Such-and-Such, playing characters who are basically carbon copies of each other.

Corin's talented. He doesn't need the show, but I think the show (either one of them) sure could have used him. It's a shame TPTB decided to squander what they had.

Comment

I would have been curious to see what they would have done with Jonas in Atlantis. I had no huge hopes that they would develop his character much better than they did on SG-1 but I think he had a better chance once he was away from filling the "Daniel" slot. I think once the producers decided to go a different direction Jonas wasn't even on their radar map anymore. Still, I'm happy with the group of guys they came up with for Atlantis. Not so much the female characters (so far).

These scifi actors do seem to get tied to the scifi genre once they've been there, though. CN's doing two movies for the Scifi channel, including the very cheesy sounding Mansquito. BTW - check out this pic (eek!) at:
                      http://www.horror-asylum.com/framese...s/00002595.htm

MS's movie Swarmed is also in the scifi genre, another creature feature like Mansquito. AT is doing cameos in Earthsea and hosting that series on Scifi. All good honest work and good cheesy fun but I'm sure they relish the guest spots on CSI or other shows and movies out of the Scifi genre.

ETA: I really liked the chemistry I saw between CN and MS in Fallen/Homecoming. Maybe the Scifi channel can make a sequel to "Swarmed" and "Mansquito" with those two guys. It can be called "Swarmed by Mansquitos" or "Mansquito vs. Swarm".

For better or worse, once you've been in the genre, you seem to have strong ties to that audience. It's a loyal audience and that's where your value lies to producers of future projects. Witness all the Star Trek alumni who show up as guest actors on Stargate.
                      Last edited by keshou; 05 November 2004, 06:20 AM.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

It might have been nice to see Jonas in Atlantis... but now, I'm so used to seeing Rodney, John, Ford, Teyla, and Weir that it just wouldn't seem right to put him in.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I think what it comes down to is that for whatever reason, and if anyone knows it I'd love a PM, TPTB either do not like the actor or the character. Don't expect to see him in the Stargate universe ever again. Not him, not his planet. Not in SG1, not in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                            AT is doing cameos in Earthsea and hosting that series on Scifi.
                            Disappointed to hear that. It seems that one of the majorly huge points in the books has been changed for this.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I think it would be great to have Jonas on Atlantis.
                              They could do some great 'arguments' between him and McKay.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X