This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARK OF TRUTH on television...questions for Brits and others

I'm just interested in hearing how it played over there. I know that's a stupid question, but you guys got something we didn't in the States- the finale on television.

Sure, we saw it in our homes (or the homes of friends) but you got to see it on AIRED TV. Makes it a little different.

I'm still hoping it'll end up on SOME channel here (with the legal stuff, I'm sure it can only appear on SlyLieChunnel-US), but for now you're the only ones to ask about "the TV experience".

Talk to me. Tell me things you think of as spoilers. Tell me things I already know. I don't care. Just tell me (and others) what it was like seeing the SG1 finale on TV.

Thanks!

PS
    It was the upcoming airing of CONTINUUM over there that put me on this track.

"Unending" was the SG-1 finale, not The Ark of Truth.

The Ark of Truth is a movie, not a TV episode. Further, why would you want the film to be interrupted with annoying commercials? What is the difference between watching a DVD on your TV versus watching a TV broadcast? Personally, I prefer the DVD experience.

I just don't understand.

Comment

We watched the final episode of Stargate on tv...Unending. We watched the first Stargate SG1 movie when we played our dvd on our home cinema...big screen, no breaks, it was amazing.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        "Unending" was the SG-1 finale, not The Ark of Truth.

The Ark of Truth is a movie, not a TV episode. Further, why would you want the film to be interrupted with annoying commercials? What is the difference between watching a DVD on your TV versus watching a TV broadcast? Personally, I prefer the DVD experience.

I just don't understand.
        I know for me that despite having the DVDs when something I enjoy comes on regular television it has a special feel to it - so I watch it. It reminds me of the first time I watched it. It's a pleasant feeling so it's not so hard to understand really. I'd love to see Ark of Truth on broadcast television.

And you could say that it was a finale of sorts, at least where it concerns storylines pertaining to the Ori.
        My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
        A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

I do consider the movie to be the finale of the Ori story. I'm just saying that the finale to the Ori story is in the form of a movie, not a TV episode. I remember way back before the movie came out, everyone here thought it was going to simply be a long episode. Clearly, that's not what we got. It's on a TV budget, but it's not structured like a TV episode. If you go to the video store, it's going to be on the movie shelf, not the TV shelf.

I hate TV commercials. They now consume 18 minutes of every hour of American television. Why anyone would want to subjugate themself to such a thing? When I watch a movie; the only interuptions are snack breaks, the telephone, and my pets.

Comment

Simply to support the franchise. That's why I watched it.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm not sure what your getting at here. Sure it was nice to see it a month or 2 before the DVD came out, but I prefer DVDs because there's no advert breaks. On the subject of advert breaks, I thought Sky placed them quite well, they were every half an hour, instead of every 15 minutes, but they were still annoying. Shame it wasn't on the BBC, because that means no adverts in the middle of a programme, just during the end of one programme and the start of the next (even then it's only 2 or 3 BBC-related adverts).
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

it didn't bother me watching it on tv and it was quite nice to have the breaks inbetween because it gives you the chance to say wow lol and talk about it with who you are with and get you more excited about the next bit lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                  it didn't bother me watching it on tv and it was quite nice to have the breaks inbetween because it gives you the chance to say wow lol and talk about it with who you are with and get you more excited about the next bit lol
                  That's what the pause button is for.
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

There is pro's and con's to both sides of this arguement. Now kiss and make up.
                    http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Working...
                    X