Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci Fi Weekly interview with Brad Wright, N. John Smith, & James Robbins (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi Weekly interview with Brad Wright, N. John Smith, & James Robbins (Spoilers)

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw19033.html

N. John Smith, can we ask what the budget was?

Smith: Let me put it this way. I've done similar—not Arctic shoots and all that—but I've done some movies with similar production values that cost about four times what this cost, 10 years ago. We got a lot of bang for the buck. But the tie-ins with the military, I mean, where do you get bombers? Where do you get a $2.7 billion nuclear submarine, helicopters, snowmobiles, anything you want in the Arctic? That's production value you just can't buy.
    Brad Wright, although Continuum is a direct-to-DVD film, we just saw it on a big screen, and it looked great. Was a theatrical release considered? Or is it a possibility for future Stargate movies?

Wright: The reasons that this could never be theatrical are entirely business and not at all creative. Apparently it had to do with pre-existing deals with the original feature film and subsequent production. In other words, we would have to go into a theatrical release with a lot of deals already made. We can't just make a movie and put it on the screen. But Charlie Cohen can green-light two DTV movies.

That said, one of the reasons I wanted to do Continuum was as an audition to prove we could do Stargate as a theatrical release. If this does as well as I hope and think it will do internationally, we may get that shot.
Working...
X