This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Continuum Countdown

Can't wait for July 29 ? Well, waiting just got a tad more exciting/irritating:

http://www.frizull.net/continuum/

Update: Go to post #11 for MySpace-embeddable versions of the countdown, and post #18 to find some signatures you can use anywhere (forums sig., webpages, etc...)

Update 2: SelmakWarrior put together a great iGoogle gadget. You can add it here:

We'd love to hear what you think.

Graphics: Cinema 4D + Photoshop CS3
    Webpage: CSSEdit + Dreamweaver CS4
    Last edited by frizull; 25 June 2008, 01:18 PM.

Nice, go Stargate Continuum
    The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Karhedron
    I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Thanks guys.

@SpetzAU: Title is now 60% bigger. The chevron was modeled in Cinema 4D, a 3D program. I plan to model the rest of the gate, eventually. The reference image comes from the great folks at StargateCaps.com.

Comment

Wow, looks great.

If it was compatible with IE you could put it on your desktop (Active Desktop/ave's apps for vista). And then it would be perfect, or if it was made into a screen saver

Comment

Originally posted by SelmakWarrior View Post
          Wow, looks great.

If it was compatible with IE you could put it on your desktop (Active Desktop/ave's apps for vista). And then it would be perfect, or if it was made into a screen saver
          You had me at Active Desktop. http://www.frizull.net/continuum/ is now IE6 compatible (although not as nice).

Oh, and here's a secret: add "?sg1" (without the quotes) at the end of the URL. Let me know how you like that version as well. But - *psssh* - don't tell anyone ;-)

Comment

Great, now got it on my desktop.

I prefer the blue one, but if you had originally made it red it would have still been just as great.(although continuum is sg1 which is red)

when you make the whole gate(if before the end of the countdown) you should have that on day 0 and as it gets towards the end (like 5 or 2 min) it should start spinning and then turns on. That would just be the best, but I guess it will take you longer than that to make the gate.

Comment

Thats really good! nice job! (Y)

Can you get it like a smaller version that you can stick in myspace or something using HTML codes!?

Comment

Originally posted by wizz_kid_sid View Post
                Thats really good! nice job! (Y)

Can you get it like a smaller version that you can stick in myspace or something using HTML codes!?
                Okay, you win: here's a smaller (436x222 pixels), iframy, MySpace-friendly version of it:

http://www.frizull.net/continuum/small/iframe.htm

Comment

Originally posted by frizull View Post
                  Okay, you win: here's a smaller (436x222 pixels), iframy, MySpace-friendly version of it:

http://www.frizull.net/continuum/small/iframe.htm
                  Yeaaah bwoi!!

Thankyou!!

Comment

You know what would really really be great is a 300x50 sig version.
                    The work you've done on this is just plain fantastic.
                    That would just be awesome.
                    If it's alright with you can I make this into a screensaver? I'll link to your website.

Comment

I have to admit, the red one does look really good

Maybe a big version of it? =P

(oh, I'm having trouble with putting it on my profile. It comes up with "[" around iFrame thingy when I view after adding it in - any suggestions?)

Comment

Originally posted by SelmakWarrior View Post
                        You know what would really really be great is a 300x50 sig version.

If it's alright with you can I make this into a screensaver? I'll link to your website.
                        Sig. version: This might be a tough one. Can I at least get a little more real estate, like, say, 450x70, or is 300x50 the standard size ?
                        Screensaver: my pleasure, please do. Don't forget to share it (i'll even host it for you if you ask nicely ).

Originally posted by wizz_kid_sid View Post
                        Maybe a big version of it? =P

(oh, I'm having trouble with putting it on my profile. It comes up with "[" around iFrame thingy when I view after adding it in - any suggestions?)
                        wizz_kid_sid, please post a link to the page that's giving you trouble, we'll figure out what's wrong. As for the "big version of it", this is what you might be looking for ;-)

Comment

Very nice job. I've bookmarked it.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

looks better on my laptop with IE than it does on my desktop with firefox 3.
                            sigpic
                            I am a geek and proud.

Comment

Guys, I think I managed to pull it off (wasn't easy. at all.): countdown images !

But don't get too excited, there are some drawbacks:
                              1. not live (and will probably never be, exams starts tomorrow, I need to calm down)
                              2. uses a _lot_ of processing power on my web server
                              3. might use a lot of bandwidth as well (the countdown might revert to "coming soon" in case of high strain on my provider)

So here they are:

Don't get thrown off by the fact that neither of these images end with a .jpg or .png, any browser should behave correctly. Get the HTML details at: http://www.frizull.net/continuum/small/iframe.htm

Update:

Another pack:

and to thank everyone for the outstanding response, here's two 1280x800 wallpapers:

Last edited by frizull; 24 June 2008, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X