This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nox/Chimeriea Inconsistancy

In "Nox" the hand device sheild was first intorduce and the very first thing we saw it stop was a trank dart.

Yet in "Chimeria" thjey state and demonstrate how trank darts go through goa'uld shields.

Whats going on?

P.S if anyone start critising "Chimeria as an episode I will shoot them there are plenty of other threads for that.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

First of all it's spelled Chimera

Second of all she wasn't facing Teal'c so she didn't see him to put up the shield...

Otherwise you're right and I don't think they could pass through a shield.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      First of all it's spelled Chimera

Second of all she wasn't facing Teal'c so she didn't see him to put up the shield...

Otherwise you're right and I don't think they could pass through a shield.
      well she put it up because sam and pete were shooting at her but she probably would have had to drop it to fire her own weapon and that gave teal'c the opening to shoot her. or it could be that since they knew they were going to be going up against a goa'uld and know how to get around personal forceshields, it could have been a modified tranq gun so it was slower and could pass through

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        or it could be that since they knew they were going to be going up against a goa'uld and know how to get around personal forceshields, it could have been a modified tranq gun so it was slower and could pass through
        Usually if there going to do something like that they mention it before hand, which they didn't
        ~BCM =)

Comment

Usually if there going to do something like that they mention it before hand, which they didn't
          well yes if its something they've never encountered before and the audience needs an explanation, but defeating goa'uld force shields is pretty run of the mill so it doesn't really need an explanation any more

Comment

well yes if its something they've never encountered before and the audience needs an explanation, but defeating goa'uld force shields is pretty run of the mill so it doesn't really need an explanation any more
            In The Curse they used tranq guns on her and the gun didn't work because the shield deflected the dart. So if the last 2 times they used tranq guns they didn't work I would think you'd want to explain why it *should* work this time.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

In The Curse they used tranq guns on her and the gun didn't work because the shield deflected the dart. So if the last 2 times they used tranq guns they didn't work I would think you'd want to explain why it *should* work this time.
              in "The Curse" she didn't get a shield up, she tossed sam and janet and then daniel couldnt shoot her and Sam hit her with the tranq. She then transported to the ship before the tranq could knock her out

Comment

in "The Curse" she didn't get a shield up, she tossed sam and janet and then daniel couldnt shoot her and Sam hit her with the tranq. She then transported to the ship before the tranq could knock her out
                I think if you go back and watch the episode again you'll find that after Sam and Janet hit the wall. Daniel tries to shoot Osiris with a tranq, but fails then Osiris tries to fry Daniels brain at which point he pulls out a dart and sticks her with it by hand. Osiris rings up and Sam shoots at the rings missing Osiris.

Either way both times they've tried to traq someone they've failed so they really should explain why it's going to work this time as opposed to the last few.
                ~BCM =)

Comment

I think if you go back and watch the episode again you'll find that after Sam and Janet hit the wall. Osiris tries to fry Daniels brain at which point he pulls out a dart and sticks her with it by hand. Osiris rings up and Sam shoots at the rings missing Osiris.

Either way both times they've tried to traq someone they've failed so they really should explain why it's going to work this time as opposed to the last few.
                  i havnt seen the episode in a while so ill have to go back and check but ill take your word on it. but even if it did play out the way you say daniel sticking her by hand and sam missing doesnt have anything to do with the shield. the first time they encountered it they were intending to tranq a flying animal so the dart would have to be fast to hit it, thus it was stopped by apophis' shield. on abydos jack tried shooting heru'er and the shield stopped it so jack threw his knife at him and it passed through the shield, confirming that slower moving objects can pass through. this time they knew they were going up against a goa'uld, they know how to get past force shields and since th SGC routinely deals with goa'uld it makes sense that they were prepared to deal with a force shield by using slower moving tranqs. even if non of that is the answer there is still the fact that Osiris was firing her own weapon so she probably had to drop her shield in order to shoot

Comment

the first time they encountered it they were intending to tranq a flying animal so the dart would have to be fast to hit it, thus it was stopped by apophis' shield. on abydos jack tried shooting heru'er and the shield stopped it so jack threw his knife at him and it passed through the shield, confirming that slower moving objects can pass through. this time they knew they were going up against a goa'uld, they know how to get past force shields and since th SGC routinely deals with goa'uld it makes sense that they were prepared to deal with a force shield by using slower moving tranqs.
                    Okay, but if they had done that I still say they should have mentioned it ie "we're using slow darts so they'll get through the shield."

which is why I don't think that's the answer.

even if non of that is the answer there is still the fact that Osiris was firing her own weapon so she probably had to drop her shield in order to shoot
                    That's baiscally what I said in my first post...

Osiris didn't see Teal'c and Daniel come out of the house so she didn't have time to put up her shield.
                    ~BCM =)

Comment

a slower moving dart would have to be fired from a less powerful gun. if it were a slower moving dart would it have been able to travel as far or even to penentrate. surely it wouldn't have the power to get her from that distance?
                      am i wrong and stupid or really tired here?
                      i think it was just that she didn't see it coming so she didn't put up the shield.

Comment

they use trinium tipped darts and teal'c wasnt that far away so it probably would penetrate

Comment

ok, but i'm still sticking to my story of her just not putting up the shield.
                          actually now that i think of it. when jack threw the knife through heru'urs shield did we see the shield oscilation (or whatever you call it when you see the shield moving)?
                          cos if we did, then that should answer the question as to whether the shield was on or not. or we could just stop caring, and pretend we're not this obsessed with a tv show.

Comment

i'm pretty sure they explaind what exactly happned in the episode, as i recall the plan was to shot her before she engages the shield...or something...and then again, the dart could be shot slower then the bullet so that it would pass the shield as would a staff weapon or a arrow shot from the bow

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              when jack threw the knife through heru'urs shield did we see the shield oscilation (or whatever you call it when you see the shield moving)?
                              cos if we did, then that should answer the question as to whether the shield was on or not.
                              When Jack threw the knife you can *see* the knife pass through the shiled. When they shoot Osiris you can't see the shield. SO IMO the shield must be down. Which is what I said in the begining.

or we could just stop caring, and pretend we're not this obsessed with a tv show.
                              It's not just *a* TV show, it's STARGATE SG-1
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                              X