Updating the SGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating the SGC?

Isn't it time we take some of our asgard tech, and alteran tech and convert the SGCs main computer for the Gate, and the main console where Walter is?

We could also work on updating the science labs,Maybe get a scanner in the infirmary...

I mean how long till we out grow our own technology, plus isn't it safer?

Can anyone else think of anything else?
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
    Isn't it time we take some of our asgard tech, and alteran tech and convert the SGCs main computer for the Gate, and the main console where Walter is?

We could also work on updating the science labs,Maybe get a scanner in the infirmary...

Well it would be nice..........but you know.........cut backs...........plus just imagine what would happen if they got Vista.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

the sgc shouldve been upgraded ages ago. one of the things needed to be added is a computercore, with all SGC, and expedition knowledge, gate forcefield, better [bigger] gateroom, gateroom shields, control room upgrades, etc etc

Comment

they'd have to dedicate a wall to those lost in the gate because vista froze up....that would go over great

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          the sgc shouldve been upgraded ages ago. one of the things needed to be added is a computercore, with all SGC, and expedition knowledge, gate forcefield, better [bigger] gateroom, gateroom shields, control room upgrades, etc etc
          I like that

Also a control screen like the ones in the jumpers.

Comment

its probaly just me but i think they should have the control centre at a angle abit more

ememies would just shoot things through the gate and hit the control centre

and paint the base green or somthing
            sigpic

Comment

Yes it would probably be safer and stuff, but just imagine if like somebody broke in which would be totally awesome seeing as how it's impossible. Or like if the base was captured by an enemy force they would have like everything!

Comment

make an orbital SGC. with earth's gatebuster, the mountain is no use[it was made to survive a nuke attack].
                i imagine a kind of midway. some asgard transporters to beam enemies into space[on a different frequency. the beam jamming is still in place], gateroom shields, some railguns and intar's aimed at the stargate, gate iris+gate shield, station is shielded+merlin cloak+asgard cloak, asgard computercore with SGC and expedition knowledge and asgard medical knowledge, adresses, and species info[no tech], matter converter, additional armories, some jumpers, two F-302 bays[10 F-302's each], 304 docking capabilities, external heavy railguns, asgard beam cannons, asgard pulse cannons, and particle cannons. aditionally there are four " hive busters", sattelites equipped with buffer systems, asgard powersource, and a single Superheavy Particle cannon to shred through hives, and a few secondary missile pods and railguns for additional defence.
                along with that are eight defensive asgard sattelites each equipped with an asgard powersource, computer, sensors, and a single asgard beam cannon and 4 railguns.
                furthermore there are 3 massive main missile silo's equipped with shields, gatebusters, and additional nuclear armament including cloaked missiles, and upgraded missiles.
                there is a red phone in the base, capable of instant communication with the arctic site, and the orginal SGC+Whitehouse and washington

Comment

they'd have to dedicate a wall to those lost in the gate because vista froze up....that would go over great

whats wrong with vista? ive had it for like a year now and its never once gave me any trouble what so ever.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

make an orbital SGC. with earth's gatebuster, the mountain is no use[it was made to survive a nuke attack].
                    i imagine a kind of midway. some asgard transporters to beam enemies into space[on a different frequency. the beam jamming is still in place], gateroom shields, some railguns and intar's aimed at the stargate, gate iris+gate shield, station is shielded+merlin cloak+asgard cloak, asgard computercore with SGC and expedition knowledge and asgard medical knowledge, adresses, and species info[no tech], matter converter, additional armories, some jumpers, two F-302 bays[10 F-302's each], 304 docking capabilities, external heavy railguns, asgard beam cannons, asgard pulse cannons, and particle cannons. aditionally there are four " hive busters", sattelites equipped with buffer systems, asgard powersource, and a single Superheavy Particle cannon to shred through hives, and a few secondary missile pods and railguns for additional defence.
                    along with that are eight defensive asgard sattelites each equipped with an asgard powersource, computer, sensors, and a single asgard beam cannon and 4 railguns.
                    furthermore there are 3 massive main missile silo's equipped with shields, gatebusters, and additional nuclear armament including cloaked missiles, and upgraded missiles.
                    there is a red phone in the base, capable of instant communication with the arctic site, and the orginal SGC+Whitehouse and washington
                    I would do that but put it on the moon. that way you only have to protect the top half. the orginial SGC would be backup command without a gate. Access to the same sensor network, communications etc but just to sit there and monitor it.

Comment

sgc would become Tauri Galactic Command Centre. a central nexus for all data relaying, and fleet commanding, the SGS[Star Gate Station] would be gate travel

Comment

that would never work b/c all of the nations that know about the stargate program would object to having something in orbit capable of blowing their country to hell if it was ever taken over by some hostile force and before you say that can never happen just remember that anythings possible.

and the sheer size of the structure would make it highly un likely to build. i mean whats wrong with the current sgc. i love it however it could use some updating like:

a shield to protect the base from enemy attack.

a shield instead of an iris over the stargate.

forcefields added to every door in the sgc to act as a backup so no one can just blow the door open.

advance asgard sensor equiped orbital satalites instead of malps, that way you just send a satalite and if it detects no danger it just acends into orbit and functions as a relay for radioes and can even beam small groups. it will also be equiped with wepons to assist the sg teams. it will have shields too and a specially desinged dhd that only dials to earth so that it can return if theirs no intrest in the planet or if the planet isint capable of supporitng life. and in the event that it is attempted to be stolen it will be equiped with an auto destruct device so no one can use it and steal our technology.

a new dhd like the one in atlantis that way it can control the shield too.

an aincent scanner for the infirmary

asgard beaming technology in the gate room desinged to beam intruders to holding cells.

asgard matter conversion tech for the armory to make ammunition and maybe even in the mess hall too.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

its probaly just me but if they wanted to stop the enemy from advancing from the gate...

all walter or the next guy to do is make the ramp drop all the way down to the floor, so when a alien runs through the gate they will have quite a fall ahead of them so all the guards have to do is shoot them while they are on the ground or piling on top
                          sigpic

Comment

Put up some curtains add a few lamps and repaint the walls and bam!!! whole new SGC, is that what your asking?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              ...plus just imagine what would happen if they got Vista.
                              Their current Military operating systems in both SGC and Atlantis appear a lot worse than Vista... wasting most of the computing power on visual effects. They're already ways ahead of us.

In year 1997 electrical power cost them one billion $. Have they at last gotten an alien power source?

In my opinion the advanced facility you're describing should be secretly built offworld, out of the jurisdiction of Kinsey, Woolsey and the likes.

Comment

Working...
                              X