This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 things we've learned this year .spoilers

Entertainment weekly posted a nice little dribble on things we learned in BSG 4.0.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20205065,00.html

Here are the highlights:
    Spoiler:

1. LEE ADAMA GETS WHAT HE WANTS BY NOT WANTING ANYTHING
    2. BILL LOVES LAURA
    3. STARBUCK CAN BE REALLY ANNOYING
    4. BALTAR IS HEFNER. ALMOST.
    5. THE QUORUM OF TWELVE IS, MAYBE, THE WORST ITERATION OF DEMOCRACY
    6. THE CYLON CENTURIONS ARE SENTIENT
    7. VISIONS NEVER LEAD TO HAPPINESS
    8. AWARENESS IS DRIVING THE FINAL FOUR CRAZY
    9. THE SIX MODEL IS THE MOST COMPLEX CYLON
    10. SAUL TIGH DOES NOT SHOOT BLANKS
    11. FELIX GAETA HAS NICE PIPES
    12. MOTHER EARTH AIN'T WHAT SHE USED TO BE

My favorite comment from their synopsis comes from #7
    "Why can't anyone just have a vision of carrot cake?"

So, what's your favorite reveal of season 4.0? Least favorite?

Mmmmmmm carrot cake.

*snaps out of dessert daydream*

Actually, what I found interesting (and not saying this as a shipper) is that only "Bill loves Laura" was on there. Because there is a huge difference between "Bill loves Laura" and "Laura loves Bill", and "Laura loves Bill" was the bigger and more powerful of the their "revelations".

Bill has loved Laura quite possibly since mid-season two, or at the very latest by the teaser of "Lay Down Your Burdens Pt I"- it's all on his face as he watches her preparing for the debate in his quarters. There's been something there for Bill for a long time. Laura on the other hand, has liked and respected Bill, even maintained the notion of a relationship with him since the flashbacks of Unfinished Business, but for her it has always been a notion, or a flirtation and a bit of silliness rather than actual honest to god(s) love. Look at her past relationship that we are aware of, an affair with President Adar. She likes distance, she likes the keep a bit of herself to herself, hence why she wouldn't confront her true feelings for Bill before "The Hub"- he recognized this and was willing to love her from afar before the events of "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"/"Sine Qua Non"/"The Hub". Laura likes control, and she likes her emotional safety, so she allowed herself to maintain an interest in Bill, but not to actually love him in the way that he did her. Until "The Hub" of course, where she realizes what she has been missing and how she really does feel as strongly about him as he does her, making "About time" the best, and most loaded line ever exchanged between them.

Easily the bigger revelation. Bill knew how he felt, he only needed to vocalize it; she didn't know how she felt, so she had to realize it and vocalize it.

Heh, went on a little longer than I thought.

Comment

13. There are three opera houses

Comment

Favourite revelation: Trek_Girl42, with her impressive relationship analysis skills, should be on Oprah

Least favourite "revelation": Baltar. In the nude. Numerous times.

Did somebody say carrot cake???

Comment

you can start a show as a captain in the military and end up as president in 3 years or your money back

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Mmmmmmm carrot cake.

*snaps out of dessert daydream*

Actually, what I found interesting (and not saying this as a shipper) is that only "Bill loves Laura" was on there. Because there is a huge difference between "Bill loves Laura" and "Laura loves Bill", and "Laura loves Bill" was the bigger and more powerful of the their "revelations".

Bill has loved Laura quite possibly since mid-season two, or at the very latest by the teaser of "Lay Down Your Burdens Pt I"- it's all on his face as he watches her preparing for the debate in his quarters. There's been something there for Bill for a long time. Laura on the other hand, has liked and respected Bill, even maintained the notion of a relationship with him since the flashbacks of Unfinished Business, but for her it has always been a notion, or a flirtation and a bit of silliness rather than actual honest to god(s) love. Look at her past relationship that we are aware of, an affair with President Adar. She likes distance, she likes the keep a bit of herself to herself, hence why she wouldn't confront her true feelings for Bill before "The Hub"- he recognized this and was willing to love her from afar before the events of "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"/"Sine Qua Non"/"The Hub". Laura likes control, and she likes her emotional safety, so she allowed herself to maintain an interest in Bill, but not to actually love him in the way that he did her. Until "The Hub" of course, where she realizes what she has been missing and how she really does feel as strongly about him as he does her, making "About time" the best, and most loaded line ever exchanged between them.

Easily the bigger revelation. Bill knew how he felt, he only needed to vocalize it; she didn't know how she felt, so she had to realize it and vocalize it.

Heh, went on a little longer than I thought.
            So true! You've spoken from my heart! Couldn't have said it better.
            "For she is what I am, all that is, should always be."
            The wonderful icon is by Mary McAwesome!

Comment

Favorite revelation: President Apollo........

Least favorite:...........I serriously can't think of anything I didn't like.........wait.......no I got nothin'.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

favourite: tory has one hell of a backhand and helo has a vicious pistol whip

least favourite: leoben is starbucks art teacher

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Are people still eating algae?

Sorry, I'm still stuck on the carrot cake theme.

Comment

yup in "six of one" cally was talking about a algae meatloaf

Comment

Originally posted by GateDragon View Post
                      yup in "six of one" cally was talking about a algae meatloaf
                      I've tried it. It's delicious

Comment

Fave reveal:
                        Spoiler:
                        That earth is dead. I don't know why I didn't expect this.

Least favourite revealation: Lee's unfortunate desire to dance on top of the CIC like a stripper.

Stars with gates are cool...
                        "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

Originally posted by Starbuck View Post
                          Fave reveal:
                          Spoiler:

Least favourite revealation: Lee's unfortunate desire to dance on top of the CIC like a stripper.
                          i think that surprised many people

Comment

Originally posted by Starbuck View Post
                            Fave reveal:
                            Spoiler:

See i dunno why people didn't like Lee doing that. i know it's what i'd do. Everyone else was congratulateing eachother and getting hugs and he was just standing on his own. might as well do something wild.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              See i dunno why people didn't like Lee doing that. i know it's what i'd do. Everyone else was congratulateing eachother and getting hugs and he was just standing on his own. might as well do something wild.
                              Yeah, see I agree. With all the hugging and smiling and cheering somebody had to do something the scene aside from that just to give it a little more depth of action, and I thought it was hilarious, and in character.

Comment

Working...
                              X