PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2 : More Action , More Bad Guys

Pages : [1] 2

helenmagnus23
June 16th, 2008, 12:40 AM
From what i have read so far is IRON MAN 2 is dated to come out April 30th 2010 and filiming for IRON MAN 2 start's in March next year the date i dont know yet :( .

One of the stories going around mentioned by Terrance Howard (Rhodes)
DEMON IN A BOTTLE
In which Stark ends up going on a major bender and Rhodes steps in to his suit and takes over for stark but unfortuitly the suit doesnt adapt well and Rhodes end's up going a little crazy that when Stark bring's IRON MAN back to in order to help Rhodes he helps him and ajust the armer in which Rhodes becomes the War Machine and boath IRON MAN & THE WAR MACHINE must fight other dark forces linked to the Ten Rings .

That is one of the stories so far it may change but i'll keep you's all updated :cool::)

Skydiver
June 16th, 2008, 07:20 AM
eh, maybe

I jsut don't want them to take the spiderman 3 route and cram so much into a short period of time and end up short serving all of it

Lady Snow
June 16th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Let's not put the cart ahead of the horse - Favreau's not even signed up to direct yet, and won't be unless Marvel pulls a big stick out of a very dark place. ;)

the fifth man
June 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I absolutely loved the Iron Man movie. I really look forward to whatever they throw at us in the sequel. IMO, if it is half as good as the first one, it will still be a really good movie.

Shaod
June 18th, 2008, 02:28 PM
eh, maybe

I jsut don't want them to take the spiderman 3 route and cram so much into a short period of time and end up short serving all of it

Personally, I liked Spiderman 3. I am just a fan of all of the spiderman arcs, so I didn't mind it being kinda crammed in

Karyyk
June 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
It will be interesting to see how they handle this. There are so many directions they could take it that it boggles the mind. Honestly, even if they sign Favreau now and get the writers working immediately, I'm not sure how they'd get this out by 2010.

June 19th, 2008, 08:30 AM
It will be interesting to see how they handle this. There are so many directions they could take it that it boggles the mind. Honestly, even if they sign Favreau now and get the writers working immediately, I'm not sure how they'd get this out by 2010.

most marvel movies tend have about a 2 year gap beween sequals. it's possible

Personally, I liked Spiderman 3. I am just a fan of all of the spiderman arcs, so I didn't mind it being kinda crammed in

i liked spiderman 3 except the way they handled the black suit string... the whole angsty all over the place dancing down the street parker put me right off

the fifth man
June 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM

They'll be able to get it done.

Skydiver
June 20th, 2008, 04:43 AM
venom needed his own movie instead of being crammed in there with sandman and the whole relation ship thing. just too much plot.

kinda like pirates 3 - too much plot, too little movie.

June 20th, 2008, 06:12 AM
venom needed his own movie instead of being crammed in there with sandman and the whole relation ship thing. just too much plot.

totally agree, i wouldn't mind a venom spin off movie to make up for that fact...

helenmagnus23
June 22nd, 2008, 01:50 AM
The villan for IRON MAN 2

Here is what Jon Favreau has said on his blog as to who the villian will be in the next iron movie :)
"The Mandarin is Iron Man's nemesis and will be incorporated in the sequel. It's true that I am apprehensive about how he is to be presented. In the tech based modern world that we created for (Iron Man), a Fu Manchu style villain with magical/alien tech rings would seem out of place."

"There were early drafts of (Iron Man) where the Mandarin was the main villain, so we've already explored the character to some extent. I am curious to see how he has been treated in his latest books and how that might influence our direction."

"I've already mentioned War Machine and Mandarin. I have some ideas, but I really need to sit down with Downey and the Marvel guys before we say much more."

Iron Man two is sounding great so far i cant wait to see this one when it comes out i'll keep everyone posted :)

the fifth man
June 22nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
The villan for IRON MAN 2

Here is what Jon Favreau has said on his blog as to who the villian will be in the next iron movie :)
"The Mandarin is Iron Man's nemesis and will be incorporated in the sequel. It's true that I am apprehensive about how he is to be presented. In the tech based modern world that we created for (Iron Man), a Fu Manchu style villain with magical/alien tech rings would seem out of place."

"There were early drafts of (Iron Man) where the Mandarin was the main villain, so we've already explored the character to some extent. I am curious to see how he has been treated in his latest books and how that might influence our direction."

"I've already mentioned War Machine and Mandarin. I have some ideas, but I really need to sit down with Downey and the Marvel guys before we say much more."

Iron Man two is sounding great so far i cant wait to see this one when it comes out i'll keep everyone posted :)

Yes, please. Definitely keep us posted.:)

HyperCaz
June 23rd, 2008, 06:09 AM
Ooo... excited much I am. :D The last scene, and the last moment, just begged for a sequel (not counting the after-credits thingy). :)

eviladam
June 24th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm excited about the sequel. I love the fact that to advertise The Incrediblle Hulk they say 'it's every bit as good as Ironman'.

helenmagnus23
July 4th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone !

I have found some more things some you will probably know already here they are :)
Jon Favreau planned Iron Man as the first in a trilogy.
According to MTV Movie Blogs in July of last year Favreau believed the sequel will allow latitude in tone, and explore darker story elements such as alcoholism, which he intentionally set aside from the first film.
Wikipedia reminds us that Robert Downey Jr. has said “the next one is about what do you do with the rest of your life once you’ve completely changed. I think the drinking and all that stuff would be a good way to confront his age, to confront his doubts, to confront the fact that maybe Pepper gets a boyfriend.” Downey and Favreau met with Shane Black, who suggested they model Stark on Robert Oppenheimer, who became depressed with being “the destroyer of worlds” after working on the Manhattan Project.
Terrence Howard added this would be the manner in which his character would become War Machine, like in the comics: Rhodes built his own suit after temporarily becoming Iron Man when Stark succumbed to alcoholism.
Favreau perceived depicting Iron Man’s nemesis, the Mandarin, as a challenge, as he finds the use of the character as a metaphor for communism dated.
There are references to the Mandarin into the first movie, primarily with the terrorist organization named the Ten Rings.

Here are some more :)

The sequel will heavily focus on War Machine. Says Howard, “Judging from how that audience responded, we got a pretty good shot of having some War Machine go down.” (MTV.com)

Thor will appear in the sequel, setting up the Thor film.

Iron Man will face off against Mandarin in the sequel.

Captain America’s shield has been spotted lying around Tony Stark’s workshop; there have been rumors that Captain America will be interwoven in the second film’s story line to set up the Captain America film, due out shortly after Iron Man 2.

Stay tuned :)

Tony Stark/Iron Man :''Good luck keeping up''

Kezia
July 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Great stuff, thanks :D

the fifth man
July 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Wow! A lot of stuff is going to go on in this sequel.

helenmagnus23
July 23rd, 2008, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone ! :)

Sorry i havent reported anything in a while i've been catching up on few other projects but i have some great news to report for IRON MAN 2

Jon Favreau
reports that director Jon Favreau has reached a deal with Marvel Studios to direct Iron Man 2, which is targeted for an April 30, 2010 release.

Robert Downey Jr. had a sequel clause in his contract so he's on board. We assume that Terrence Howard and Gwyneth Paltrow will return as well.

Budgeted for about $140 million, the first film has earned a massive $563.8 million worldwide.

I'll have more comming soon

the fifth man
July 28th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the news update.

helenmagnus23
September 7th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone !

It's been a while but i have some great news to report Jon Favreau has started working on the script to Iron Man 2 :cool: this is gonna be great yay :cool::)

Admiral Mappalazarou
September 7th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I absolutely loved the Iron Man movie. I really look forward to whatever they throw at us in the sequel. IMO, if it is half as good as the first one, it will still be a really good movie.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

the fifth man
September 8th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself.

I am glad that you agree.:)

Admiral Mappalazarou
September 13th, 2008, 01:16 AM
http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_2/news/1755122/iron_man_2_update_a_palooza

Some brief news about II. :D

PuddleJumper42
September 15th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Iron Man 2 and 3 Details As Longoria is Rumored is Wasp in Avengers (http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/iron_man_2_and_3_details_as_longoria_is_rumored_as_wasp_in_avengers)

kymeric
September 16th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I love Warmachine, always struck me as more realistic than a drunk playboy flying around fighting evil. Anyone remember the B&W weekly series from a few yrs back? I hope its like that.

Ripple in Space
September 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I love Warmachine, always struck me as more realistic than a drunk playboy flying around fighting evil. Anyone remember the B&W weekly series from a few yrs back? I hope its like that.

B&W?

Tony is a profound genius, so I think he can pull off operating his own equipment. I always liked War Machine too, and wondered why he always looked so much tougher than Iron man.

tombombadil
September 19th, 2008, 08:17 AM
stark better be an alcoholic in this one.....

Madwelshboy
November 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
UGO caught up with Justin Theroux and asked for an update on the Iron Man 2 script. Here's a clip:

We've kind of got a first draft around. You know what I mean? I just got back from London where I was working with Robert and Kevin Feige. He was out there. We were talking with Robert, who's out there doing Sherlock Holmes, he was giving his input and his notes. We're sort of there. It's just sort of chugging along. The crews, I think, are now starting to see what they need to make, and the places that we might be going and all the rest within the story. That's sort of one of the more exciting times.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7835

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the update. I am highly anticipating this sequel. I absolutely loved Iron Man.:)

jenks
November 23rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
I thought this thread was referring to that journalist at first, hate that guy...

Madwelshboy
January 8th, 2009, 01:09 AM
This seems legit, a trade announcement from both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter that Jon Favreau has once again out done himself with his casting for the IRON MAN franchise.

Putting in doubt what AICN call a “premature casting announcement” for Stallone’s THE EXPENDABLES, Mickey Rourke is in talks to play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coilsplay. He goes by the name Crimson Dynamo.

The Crimson Dynamo wears an armored battle-suit that serves as an exoskeleton, providing the wearer with superhuman strength and durability. The suit’s outer layer was composed of a carborundum matrix alloy, and is equipped with: hand-blasters that can fire high-frequency electrical bolts; small missiles contained in the back shoulder area of the battle-suit; computers and radio transmitter and receiver; boot jets that allow flight. Subsequent versions of the battle-suit have featured upgrades of various kinds, by the Gremlin and other Russian scientists.

Both IRON MAN 2 and THE EXPENDABLES will be shooting at roughly the same time, it’s probably going to be one or the other for Rourke. The sensible career choice of course would be to go for IRON MAN, which probably will also have the big money attached to it but he is good pals with Stallone and again, owes him a favour for his career resurrection at the turn of the century.

But isn’t it great to see Rourke being fought over by big profile projects?

Sam Rockwell, who in another world probably could have played Tony Stark himself, is in talks to play billionaire and rival industrialist Justin Hammer who in the comics was the cash-cow for super villains and their weaponry. Presumably in the film he will fund Crymson Dynamo and will look a lot younger than this and will be American rather than English (his character was born in Surrey)…

An interesting snippet of the character’s history from his WIKI page which could be an interesting plot threadline to explore…

Hammer invented a device called the hypersonic scan transmitter, which allowed him to take control of Iron Man’s armor. He tested this remote control, affecting Iron Man’s unibeam, sealing plates, and boot jets. Angered that he had lost a lucrative bid to Stark International, Hammer took control of Iron Man’s armor and forced him to kill the Carnelian ambassador, and set an army of superhuman criminals against Iron Man. Stark cleared his name and destroyed the control device, but had found a new enemy in Hammer.

Love Sam Rockwell and this role sounds like his kind of thing.

Rockwell and Rourke? What a combination and I think Favreau is very smart that even though he is using two villains, one is a supervillian and one is merely a human with money and power. That kind of dynamic use to work on Saturday morning cartoons, can’t see why it wouldn’t work here.

This is the best news we’ve heard in 2009 so far!

Jon Favreau begins filming the sequel this Spring based on Justin Theroux’s (TROPIC THUNDER) script. Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow both return, with Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard for the role of Jim Rhodes. The movie will be out on May 7th, 2010.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/mickey-rourke-and-sam-rockwell-playing-villains-in-iron-man-2.php

Madwelshboy
January 14th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Samuel L. Jackson, who made a cameo appearance as Nick Fury in Iron Man, tell the Los Angeles Times that talks about him returning to the role in future Marvel Studios have broken down:

"There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"

I called Marvel Comics and they gave me a statement that suggested that they still want to see Jackson wearing the eyepatch. "Marvel does not comment on active negotiations," was the boilerplate repsonse, but there was that emphasis on the word "active" in the voice of the spokesman who phoned me back

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7984

I think it will be a shame if they dont get him back.

Madwelshboy
January 15th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Variety is reporting the rumor that Emily Blunt is in talks to play Natasha Romanoff in Iron Man 2. Romanoff is a Soviet super spy who doubles as Black Widow, a beauty in a skintight black costume that is enhanced by high-tech weaponry.

She would join the previously-announced villains Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell in the sequel. Again directed by Jon Favreau, the Marvel Studios film sees the return of Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, while Don Cheadle is replacing Terrence Howard.

Blunt's credits include The Devil Wears Prada, The Jane Austen Book Club and Charlie Wilson's War. She also stars in The Wolfman, coming to theaters in November.

The Justin Theroux-scripted Iron Man 2 will begin production this spring for a release by Paramount on May 7, 2010.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7986

Asgard4eva
January 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
thanks for the updates

the fifth man
January 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Two very good choices IMO.:)

Angela V
January 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
But I thought it was perfect when he showed up as Nick Fury!

ManiacMike
January 19th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Any reason why Terrance Howard wont be Rhodes this time around?

Not that I liked him in the first one, but from Terrence to Don? They both don't fit into that role too well, but I guess it can be modified to fit a different actor.

pbellosom
January 19th, 2009, 03:03 AM
But Samuel L. Jackson was perfect for Nick Fury! They even redesigned the Ultimate Marvel one to look like him!

ManiacMike
January 19th, 2009, 03:09 AM
There has to be more too it, because Sam is a big comic fan so money shouldn't be a problem. And like pbellosom said, they made the Ultimate version after him.

Colonel Mitchell
January 19th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I hope they bring him back. They should have sorted the whole contract thing out like before Iron Man.

nx01a
January 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Consider how much money it would take to get him into any movie, especially Avengers which will star all the big name actors from the other Marvel Avengers-verse films. I'm not a real fan of Jackson, but he was the inspiration [perhaps stupidly] for the Ultimate Fury and would probably do a good job. If he can't, just get a cheaper yet still great actor for the part and spend that extra few million $ on the special effects.

the fifth man
January 19th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I really hope things get worked out. I would love to see more of him as Nick Fury.

Angela V
January 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
But Samuel L. Jackson was perfect for Nick Fury! They even redesigned the Ultimate Marvel one to look like him!

I didn't know that! I've been getting the grapic novels of Ultimate X-Men from my local library and noticed Nick Fury was different but at the same time familiar. Well, now I know why.

SaberBlade
January 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Considering how we've lost Terrence Howard returning as Rhodey, I would hate to Sammy Jackson replaced by another actor. Having him in Iron Man was a touch of genius since they designed Ultimate Fury to look like him. On top of that, there hasn't been much that Jackson has did that I haven't liked. I'd love to see him return in a larger capacity for Iron Man 2.

the fifth man
January 20th, 2009, 06:54 PM
At this point, I guess all we can really do is hope for the best.

Madwelshboy
January 21st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Rourke Offered Just $250K for Iron Man 2?
Source:Variety January 21, 2009

Variety has posted an interesting article on how the studios are being cautious about spending money for movies in 2010 and 2011. Here's a surprising bit:

Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in "Iron Man 2" — but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel; Marvel's tactics have already prompted Samuel L. Jackson to swear off playing Nick Fury because of a similarly low offer.
$250,000 sounds pretty darn good to you and us, but when you think that Iron Man earned $582 million at the worldwide box office, plus DVD sales, then something doesn't seem right. Let's hope Mr. Rourke ended up getting a much better deal.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7998

JedI Master of the Gate
January 21st, 2009, 05:35 AM
Rourke Offered Just $250K for Iron Man 2?
Source:Variety January 21, 2009

Variety has posted an interesting article on how the studios are being cautious about spending money for movies in 2010 and 2011. Here's a surprising bit:

Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in "Iron Man 2" — but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel; Marvel's tactics have already prompted Samuel L. Jackson to swear off playing Nick Fury because of a similarly low offer.
$250,000 sounds pretty darn good to you and us, but when you think that Iron Man earned $582 million at the worldwide box office, plus DVD sales, then something doesn't seem right. Let's hope Mr. Rourke ended up getting a much better deal.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7998

So in a case like this, why can't they just make a deal lor something where the actor gets maby $300,000 for appering in the film, and then say 5% of Box Office profits? Is it something to do with the unions?

Madwelshboy
January 26th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Samuel L. Jackson confirms recession has cost him Nick Fury

Samuel L. Jackson has confirmed to IGN that the recession has hit Marvel Films hard and that they can no longer afford him to pay him to make cameo’s in IRON MAN 2, CAPTAIN AMERICA, THE AVENGERS etc.

Marvel, remember, already dropped Terrence Howard from IRON MAN 2 because of his outlandish wages and swapped with Don Cheadle who was willing to work cheaper. From what we’ve been hearing also, Mickey Rourke is taking on a much decreased wage packet to play Crymson Dynamo in the sequel in the hope that the added exposure to his Oscar nominated turn in THE WRESTLER will see him right for a lot more roles in the next 10 years.

Or maybe it’s just that he has seen the future and the days of the big wage packets are truly gone. Maybe Samuel L. Jackson is still living in a dream world. And well let’s be honest, has he really been worth the money studio’s have thrown at him over the past five years? Does his name really mean anything to a project these days?

I can’t help but think Jackson is being short sighted here. He should be taking a massive pay cut for a few days “work” (it’s hardly work the scenes he has been involved in) with the hope that the building of his character will eventually lead to a nice payday in a NICK FURY movie somewhere down the road.

Will you miss Big Sam from the Marvel canon? I won’t… I can easy forget a very brief cameo from the end of the credits of IRON MAN. Personally, I’m hoping they keep Clark Gregg, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who harassed Tony Stark in the original. I would rather see more of him.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/samuel-l-jackson-confirms-recession-has-cost-him-nick-fury.php

Madwelshboy
January 26th, 2009, 06:59 AM
any reason why terrance howard wont be rhodes this time around?

not that i liked him in the first one, but from terrence to don? They both don't fit into that role too well, but i guess it can be modified to fit a different actor.

money!!!

Replicator Todd
January 26th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Nick Fury better not appear again if Samuel L. Jackson isn't playing him! :P

Madwelshboy
January 30th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Has Marvel’s recession cost them Emily Blunt too?

Marvel’s new policy of smaller wage packets might now have cost them Emily Blunt, who according to Variety is mulling over an offer to co-star in 20th Century Fox’s adaptation of GULLIVER’S TRAVELS.

Both IRON MAN 2 (shooting in Manhatten) and GULLIVER’S TRAVELS (in the U.K.) will film in April and it’s unlikely she will be able to commit to both, though her chances of doing so is said to be more optimistic this morning than it was a few days ago.

You would have thought it would be a no-brainer for Blunt after how successful IRON MAN was last year to star as Black Widow (and a role that she would grow into for future movies) but like I say, small wage packets compared with the big money Fox are likely to be throwing about and you can see why she has a dilemma.

There’s also another factor in all this. Fox are said to have a “first look option” from a deal made way back during THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, which they could invoke to get Blunt to star in GULLIVER’S.

<snip>

I’m sure all of you will agree we would rather see Blunt star as Black Widow for IRON MAN 2 rather than a Jack Black fantasy movie. She won’t be easily replaced.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/has-marvels-recession-cost-them-emily-blunt-too.php

nx01a
January 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM
There's holding out for money and then there's getting paid what you're worth. I'm in the camp who really never saw why Jackson was such a big name actor, but I can understand why his 'bad man' action roles inspired Nick Fury's Ultimate Universe portrayal.
We're used to hearing actors getting millions and millions, and since the movies gross so much, many deserve it. In today's financial 'crisis', maybe people should rethink their bottom lines? It's not like they're starving, what with residuals and previous salaries and all... but that's just a poor man's opinion.

CaldwellForce
January 31st, 2009, 03:11 AM
A year ago I would have thought Samuel L. Jackson to be perfect but many of his latest movies sucked

Bey0nd
January 31st, 2009, 12:55 PM
not anymore :(

Madwelshboy
February 5th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Rourke Not Crimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2?
Source:MTV February 4, 2009

In January when trade reports announced that Mickey Rourke was in talks to play a villain in Iron Man 2, it was believed that he would take on the role of Crimson Dynamo. Robert Downey Jr. tells MTV that doesn't seem to be the case, however:

"That's actually incorrect," Downey told MTV News when asked if Rourke was being considered for the aforementioned Iron Man rogue. When pressed if, instead of Crimson Dynamo, Rourke was up for the role of Whiplash, another potential role bandied about on blogs these days, Downey had a more cryptic response.

"I can neither confirm nor deny that," said Downey. "Or maybe it's some semblance of both. Here, I can tell you everything

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8048

Madwelshboy
February 14th, 2009, 12:06 AM
'Iron Man 2': Scarlett Johansson to replace Emily Blunt as Black Widow?

Because Emily Blunt's commitment to Twentieth Century Fox and the studio's upcoming Gulliver's Travels movie may prohibit her from costarring in Iron Man 2, Marvel is in discussions with other actresses, most significantly Scarlett Johansson, to take her place, EW has learned exclusively. Marvel will not confirm, but sources around Hollywood say Johansson has indeed met with the filmmakers and is interested in taking the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow. Blunt's reps are still trying to make both projects work, but Gulliver's is further along, with a start date of April 15. Iron Man 2 still doesn't have a shooting script and a start date has not yet been determined

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/02/iron-man-2-will.html

the fifth man
February 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I really can't wait for this movie. I loved Iron Man, and can't wait to see what they throw at us in this one.

Madwelshboy
February 15th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I really can't wait for this movie. I loved Iron Man, and can't wait to see what they throw at us in this one.

Me to! lets just hope it meets the standard of the first film

the fifth man
February 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Me to! lets just hope it meets the standard of the first film

The first movie will be pretty hard to beat.:)

Madwelshboy
February 17th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Eliza Dushku Wants to be Black Widow in Iron Man II

Listeners to the Howard Stern show this morning heard hottie Eliza Dushku plead for the role of KGB super spy Natalia Romanova a.k.a. the Black Widow.

Last we heard, the part was already offered to Emily Blunt, the sexy secy of The Devil Wears Prada, but conflicting film schedules and a contractual obligation with 20th Century Fox's remake of Gulliver's Travels may cause her to release the role -- leaving an opening for Eliza.

http://comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=6254

the fifth man
February 17th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Well, Dushku is very pleasant to look at.

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Mickey Rourke Not Doing Iron Man 2?
Source:New York Magazine February 18, 2009

Mickey Rourke has told New York Magazine that it's looking like he won't be playing the villain in Iron Man 2:

But so what if ICM's David Unger doesn't look good in a dress — at least he's battling Marvel for a bigger paycheck for Rourke for his rumored role as a villain in Iron Man 2, right? "Right now, we're not doing Iron Man 2," Rourke told us grimly.

In January, the news broke that Marvel had offered the award-winning "Wrestler" star just $250,000 to play a villain in the sequel. Perhaps further negotiations didn't go so well? Also, Rourke is now firmly attached to star in Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables, which starts shooting shortly and might interfere with the Iron Man 2 shoot.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8104

the fifth man
February 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
That will be a real shame IMO if he is not in this movie.

Madwelshboy
February 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Mickey Rourke still in 'Iron Man 2'?
Feb 19, 2009, 05:13 PM | by Nicole Sperling

Categories: Movie Biz

When it comes to Mickey Rourke, it looks like you can't always take what he says at face value. Yesterday, New York Magazine reported that in a conversation with the actor at New York's Fashion Week, Rourke explained that he is no longer doing Iron Man 2. But it turns out that's not necessarily the case. The Oscar-nominated star of The Wrestler, who starts his gig on Sylvester Stallone's testosterone-fueled The Expendables in two weeks, could still play a Russian baddie in the Iron Man sequel, as sources tell EW that the offer still stands, though nothing's yet being negotiated.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/02/mickey-rourke-a.html

Madwelshboy
February 20th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Major Plot Point of Iron Man 2 Revealed

This is somewhat old news, but confirmation nonetheless, of the main villain in Iron Man II... Booze!
A couple months before shooting began on Iron Man 2, J. Michael Riva, the movies set designer, had his first crack at the script. As there were several plot points for him to work on, the first plot point outlined "Tony, in the Iron Man armor, pukes in a toilet."

This confirms what a lot of fans were calling for originally when they heard confirmation of the sure success that will be Iron Man 2. Tony will be fighting the urge to consistently drink, turning him into an alcoholic. This goes hand in hand with what happened to Tony Stark in the comics. I'm glad that the producers are staying true to the source material and I hope they can come up with a positive outcome for the millions of fans that already look up to Mr. Tony Stark.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=6326

the fifth man
February 21st, 2009, 07:21 PM
It is great to have confirmation on that now. I can't wait to see what else goes on with this film.

Madwelshboy
February 22nd, 2009, 12:32 AM
TNA Wrestler Matt Morgan = Doomsday & Possible Iron Man 2 Villain

<snip>
This leads into Matt talking about possibly being cast in Ironman II as a villain but he can't talk anymore about it. He attributes the interest in him by casting directors to the work he's done on American Gladiators.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scoops/news/?a=6349

Madwelshboy
February 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Emily Blunt Definitely Out of Iron Man 2?

The Playlist reports that Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau was interviewed on Oscar night and he said that Fox exercised its option for Emily Blunt to star in Gulliver's Travels causing her to become unavailable for the sequel.

Favreau didn't say anything about Scarlett Johansson possibly taking over the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow.

The only thing he said about Mickey Rourke is that he "isn't officially cast but that he is a fan."

Meanwhile, Robert Downey Jr. said last night before the Oscars started that they are still trying to get Rourke to play a villain. He was quoted as saying that they are "slaving away on a hot script" for Iron Man 2.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8112

Madwelshboy
February 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Iron Man 2 start

Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2 will begin principal photography in early April, Marvel announced Tuesday.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/marvel-announces-thor-release-date-iron-man-2-start.php

Madwelshboy
February 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Blunt is out of IRON MAN 2… who will replace her?

So it’s confirmed she is out as Black Widow, which really sucks because she was the perfect actress for the role but of course she can’t be in two places at once.
Filming on IRON MAN 2 will begin in just over two months so Favreau is likely to already be deep into the process of finding her replacement….

Scarlett Johansson was rumored a few weeks ago to replace Blunt. Her recent hair dye has also fuelled this speculation, though I can’t help but feel she is no good for a superhero role. And imaging her doing a Russian accent is a dreadful worry.

DOLLHOUSE actress Eliza Dushku has lobbyed for the part on Howard Stern and would be a really solid choice…

“They’re doing Iron Man 2, and I’m so perfect for the Black Widow character, that they just need to get into it. They need to understand… I just learned Russian because I had to play a Russian girl in “Dollhouse.”

She’s physically perfect, she can act, she has made a career out of playing heroic roles like this. And he role as Faith in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER is very close to Black Widow, where your not quite sure of her allegiance or convictions.

Other choices that can’t be ruled out…

Rachel McAdams, who was No. 2 choice for Pepper Potts which Gwyneth Paltrow nabbed, though it would be her first real blockbuster. And she is a natural red head.

If this movie were being made in 2000, it would have gone to X-MEN actress and former Bond girl Famke Janssen. No doubt, she is almost the live and breathing embodiment of Black Widow and has a whole filmography to prove it.

She has deep eyes which you can find yourself lost in and almost has eyes which you can never trust. At 44, she is probably way too old, HOWEVER, she doesn’t look her age and, well, they made a smart choice by casting Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark.

Maybe a more experienced actress is the way they will go.

Rachel Nichols, though her role in G.I. JOE Is way too similar and would definitely confuse. She would have been my first choice had she not found herself in that film.

Anne Hathaway, which would be interesting considering it’s a deal going back to THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA which has blocked her co-star Emily Blunt from appearing in the film. Maybe she is a little skinny but GET SMART showed she ain’t scared of populist fare.

Olga Kurlyenko, she is actually from the USSR. Which helps. And her persona in QUANTUM OF SOLACE and HITMAN are very similar to Black Widow.

Eva Green, the other Bond girl is also a possibility.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/blunt-is-out-of-iron-man-2-who-will-replace-her.php

the fifth man
February 24th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Iron Man 2 start

Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2 will begin principal photography in early April, Marvel announced Tuesday.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/marvel-announces-thor-release-date-iron-man-2-start.php

And so it begins. I hope everything goes well for them.

Madwelshboy
February 25th, 2009, 01:48 AM
'Iron Man' boosts Marvel's bottom line, but can the company keep it up?
Feb 24, 2009, 10:52 PM | by Joshua Rich

Categories: Comic Books, Film

Talk about a superhero: Marvel Entertainment just announced that, thanks to robust Iron Man DVD sales totaling some $136 million, the company's profits exceeded expectations at the end of 2008. Which is great news, indeed -- for Marvel...and me! After all, I still submit that, when it comes to comic-book flicks, Iron Man is far superior to The Dark Knight. (Sorry, uh, rest of the world!) But I digress. The real issue here is: Can Marvel stay strong? Last year marked the organization's freshman foray into filmmaking as a stand-alone studio, and while Iron Man wound up a huge hit (worldwide gross: $582 mil), sister summer release The Incredible Hulk fared merely well (worldwide gross: $263 mil). Meanwhile, the Punisher franchise seems finished for now, series like Blade, Fantastic Four, and Daredevil/Elektra could use a reboot, and while X-Men Origins: Wolverine is due out this summer, it'll be a while before we get our next glimpse into the world of Tony Stark, more than a year hence. And who knows what to make of that Spider-Man musical. What do you think? And what Marvel movies/musicals are you looking forward to seeing?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/marvel.html

Madwelshboy
February 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8118

kennythewraith
February 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM
marvel has announced that they have signed sam jackson to play nick fury in not 1,not 2,not even 3 movies but 9!as nick fury
i will find some links also and post them

and here they are
http://movies.ign.com/articles/957/957263p1.html

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/samuel-l-jackson-signs-9-pic-marvel-deal-to-reprise-nick-fury.php

SaberBlade
February 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I just read this and I think it's fantastic news. I remember there was some doubt about him doing Iron Man 2 again but the fact they have him for 9 movies is absolutely brilliant.

kennythewraith
February 26th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I just read this and I think it's fantastic news. I remember there was some doubt about him doing Iron Man 2 again but the fact they have him for 9 movies is absolutely brilliant.

well he came out and said he wont be back and that talks broke down....apparently that strategy worked...9 movie deal...i dont think that has EVER been done before!!!its crazy

SaberBlade
February 26th, 2009, 08:55 PM
well he came out and said he wont be back and that talks broke down....apparently that strategy worked...9 movie deal...i dont think that has EVER been done before!!!its crazy

Yeah, but I think he may have just came out and said that to **** with the fans minds before blowing all away with him doing 9.

kennythewraith
February 26th, 2009, 09:02 PM
yeah he could have said for that reason...but wiht marvel being cheap lately i see it more as a negotiating tactic...cuz he has always wanted to do the part but sam likes to get paid...a lot!

Madwelshboy
February 27th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Iron Man 2 Concept Art

With every new installment of a superhero movie the studio tweeks the hero's costume to make certain upgrades the same can be said of Iron Man 2. Don't tell Tony, but I think this one makes his butt look fat.
The great news out yesterday was that the always yelling even when he talks quietly Samual L. Jackson will reprise his role as Nick Furry 9 times over, so happy to hear that. Marvel is keeping continuity and better yet keeping the fans happy. Weew,, when was the last time you could say that a studio is keeping the fans happy?

Today's Iron Man news is from the Russian site StarkIndustries.ru. They have posted new concept art from Adi Granov the suit consultant on the film. In every new installment of a superhero movie the studio tweeks the hero's costume to make certain upgrades the same can be said of Iron Man 2. This movie is looking better and better every day.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=6401

kennythewraith
March 11th, 2009, 07:24 PM
mickey rourke and scarlett johanson reportedly signed for iron man 2
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rourke-And-Johansson-Confirmed-For-Iron-Man-2-12325.html

Madwelshboy
March 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
UPDATED: Johansson on board as Black Widow, Rourke’s in IRON MAN 2 but it’s cost Raimi his Morbius?

UPDATED:

E! Entertainment have confirmed a February 14th scoop that Scarlett Johansson will play Black Widow, the soviet spy who has a good side in IRON MAN 2.

The role firmly sets her up for future movies, including THE AVENGERS in 2012.
Nikki Finke claims Johansson screen-tested for the role at the beginning of the year but lost out to Emily Blunt, but now Blunt is travelling with Jack Black’s Gulliver, they went back to her and offered Johansson the part.

Physically she’s not right, her acting style only suits love triangle drama’s from what I’ve seen… it’s kinda like asking Marilyn Monroe to play TOMB RAIDER.

Blunt was just right for the role… Johansson may be out of her depth here. When an actress like Eliza Dushku lobbied so hard for the role, I think Favreau dropped the ball on this one.

A further update, Variety adds that Rourke will be playing both Whiplash and Crymson Dynamo, some kind of mixing of two villains.

END OF UPDATE…

“A significant” higher offer from Marvel than the $250,000 that was originally put on the table has secured the signature of Mickey Rourke for IRON MAN 2 according to Nikki Finke.

Holding out for a better deal, just as Samuel L. Jackson did with Nick Fury (which won him a big 9 movie contract) has paid dividends for Rourke who was director Jon Favreau’s one and only choice from day one.

We presume he will be playing Crymson Dynamo, a power armored-wearing Russian agent who is just one of three villains in the piece. Sam Rockwell’s Justin Hammer and the as yet cast Black Widow (Emily Blunt had to drop out) make up a trio of trouble for the returning Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark).

Yesterday, Favreau released an image of himself with cinematographer Matthew Libatique on the construction site of Stark’s house…

IRON MAN 2 is gearing up for a production start and those last minute deals are coming through fast, so expect to hear Blunt’s replacement soon.

Interestingly, Finke claims Sony were considering Rourke for a villain role in SPIDER-MAN 4 before he struck this deal with Marvel. What role for exactly?

Well I would suggest as we know Raimi has said many times he has a thing for Morbius that could lead to the character’s usage in a future installment, that it would be the living vampire…

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/rourkes-in-iron-man-2-but-its-cost-raimi-his-morbius.php

Madwelshboy
March 13th, 2009, 06:15 AM
'Iron Man 2' adds Mickey Rourke and Scarlett Johansson: Even more excited now?
Mar 12, 2009, 04:16 PM | by Jeremy Medina

Categories: Deals, Film, Sexytimes

The amount of talent Marvel has assembled for Iron Man 2 is pretty impressive. You have actor/writer Justin Theroux penning the script, multihyphenate Jon Favreau behind the camera, and A-list talent like Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Samuel L. Jackson reprising their roles from the stupendously awesome original (with Don Cheadle stepping in for Terrence Howard, to boot). Then, then, you add Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke as villains and you have the formula for one hell of a sequel. And let's be serious: Rourke was born to play a villain in a superhero flick. Just look at that face! It was meant to be.

To me, there seems to be only one weak link: the just-confirmed Scarlett Johansson. Sure, she's a fine actress given the right role and is guaranteed to look sultry in a skintight leathery costume. But her character, Black Widow, is a Russian spy. That's right, Russian. The thought of Johansson attempting a Russian accent sends chills down my spine, PopWatchers, and not in a good way. It certainly doesn't do Johnasson any favors that we've been imagining Emily Blunt in the role for quite some time (who had to drop out because of scheduling conflicts). Blunt surely would've killed and could have used the profile boost. But, I'll look at this from a glass-half-full perspective: While Johansson has floundered in big-budget blockbusters (The Spirit or The Island, anyone?) in the past, this plum role is her chance to shine.

Regardless, are you as jazzed for Iron Man 2 as I am? Is Johnasson a good choice to play Black Widow? And can you believe we have to wait until May 7 of 2010 to see it?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/mickey-rourke-a.html

the fifth man
March 14th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Nice to have things set now for this movie.

kennythewraith
March 14th, 2009, 09:34 PM
yeah it is nice to know the cast.hopefully scarlett johanson is able to do well with the part because she only acts well with certain roles

Pharaoh Atem
March 15th, 2009, 01:22 AM
i hated iron man 1 so i hope 2 is better

the fifth man
March 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I thought the first movie was amazing. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Madwelshboy
March 24th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Emily Blunt speaks for first time about dropping out of Iron Man 2

Emily Blunt, who had to drop out as Black Widow in Iron Man 2, spoke about it for the first time in an interview with MTV.com.

"It was one of [the] things that was conflicting," Blunt told MTV News about having to drop out of the superhero sequel because of a scheduling conflict with Gulliver's Travels. "So it's a shame the two of them couldn't work together. It just got complicated, so I think I had to pull out for my own sanity more than anything."

Blunt was replaced by Scarlett Johansson. Pulling out meant leaving behind the opportunity to work with co-stars such as Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Mickey Rourke, as well as the chance to take part in what will surely be one of 2010's most anticipated movies.

The fate of Gulliver's is somewhat more uncertain, although that adaptation of the classic Jonathan Swift tale comes with its own pedigree. In addition to star Jack Black, the film features one of the hottest actors in comedy, Jason Segel, and will be helmed by Monsters vs. Aliens writer/director Rob Letterman.

Blunt was reluctant to dish any information about the still-secret Iron Man 2 plot—not even a hint whether Black Widow will be Stark's love interest or adversary.

"See, that's the other thing, I can't give anything away on that front," Blunt told the site. "I'm not going to say! I'm not going to say! I'm going to get someone in trouble. Look at me, I'm such a goody-two-shoes!" Iron Man 2 is slated for release in May 2010.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/emily-blunt-speaks-for-fi.php

the fifth man
March 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
May 2010? That seems like forever.:(

Pharaoh Atem
March 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
May 2010? That seems like forever.:(

your a bsg fan we're used to waiting ;)

the fifth man
March 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM
your a bsg fan we're used to waiting ;)

True. But, one can still pout about it.:D

Madwelshboy
March 26th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Iron Man 2 Rehearsals Have Begun - Gwyneth Wants You to Twitter Her

Fav's is chatting up the fact that rehersals have begun and the cast will be twittering future details on the set...

'Iron Man 2' director Jon Favreau nicely leveraged MySpace during the development and production of the first movie as a way of staying in contact with the fans and cultivating a community around the film. This time around he's adding Twitter to his arsenal.

Case in point: Last night's tweet:

"Great rehearsal today with Gwyneth, RDJ and Don Cheadle."

So, there you have it. Gwyneth Paltrow, Robert Downey Jr and Don Cheadle are walking through the 'Iron Man 2' script in prep for filming in April.

Six hours earlier, Favreau also tweeted:

"I'm sitting here with Gwyneth. She wants to know why she should tweet."

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=6738

Madwelshboy
March 26th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Red-Headed Scarlett Johansson Gearing up for Iron Man 2

With rehearsals and screen tests under way, the sultry actress of Iron Man 2 is already looking the part.

The New York Post has run a photo of Scarlett Johansson sporting long, dark red locks. The looks to be in prep for her role as the Black Widow in 'Iron Man 2'.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=6766

Madwelshboy
April 1st, 2009, 02:01 AM
Iron Man 2 Starts Shooting on Monday!

Director Jon Favreau has revealed on his Twitter page that Iron Man 2 will start filming on Monday and that the "last cast has arrived in LA."

The cast includes Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson.

Iron Man 2 is scheduled for a May 7, 2010 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8202

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Robbins Rejected - Tim NOT in Iron Man 2

The rumor last December was about Tim Robbins playing Tony Stark's father in Iron Man 2. In this short video clip, Robbins tells CinemaBlend that the rumors are untrue. You just can't trust the Internets.

The story said Robbins would play Tony's daddy, and that he would play an important part setting up the Avengers and Captain America movies.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=6850

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Robert Downey Jr. Talks Iron Man 2

Entertainment Tonight talked to Robert Downey Jr. about Iron Man 2, which begins filming on Monday. Here's an excerpt from the interview:

"The film is almost entirely about character, and yet we still have twice as much action as we did last time, so it's going to be nuts," Robert tells our own Thea Andrews of the super sequel, set to start filming Monday. "Essentially 'Iron Man 2' is about looking behind the armor, or the armature, of a superhero. It's one thing to say you're Iron Man, it's another thing to be fully ready to do that."

As for co-star Scarlett Johansson, who plays the femme fatale Black Widow in the sequel, Robert says, "We've been rehearsing and she's in insane shape. She's getting lean and mean."

Iron Man 2, opening May 7, 2010, co-stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell and Samuel L. Jackson.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8215

Madwelshboy
April 6th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Iron Man's Terrence Howard speaks out about how he got recast

When the first Iron Man movie was in production, Terrence Howard talked about a three-picture arc for his character, James "Rhodey" Rhodes. The film even set up Rhodey's War Machine action in the sequel, when he looked longingly at the Mark II suit and said, "Next time." Then, in October, Marvel announced that Don Cheadle would be filling in the role Howard originated in the sequel.

In the time since that surprising casting news, Marvel has reportedly had troubled in casting negotiations with Samuel L. Jackson (as Nick Fury) and Mickey Rourke (as Whiplash) and has had to replace Emily Blunt with Scarlett Johansson (as Black Widow). Now, with Iron Man 2 going into production without him, Howard spoke frankly about Marvel's decision.

Howard spoke with a group of reporters on Saturday in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting the action drama Fighting. The following Q&A features edited excerpts of that interview.

We were really looking forward to you continuing in Iron Man 2 and 3. What happened?

Howard: Iron Man happened with that. Marvel happened with it. They made a choice. They made a very, very bad choice. They didn't keep their word. They didn't honor our contract. They sent everyone out into a field and told them to work and produce a great bounty. You produce a great bounty, and then when it's all in the storehouse, you are not allowed into the storehouse.

Does that have anything to do with what went on with Samuel L. Jackson and Nick Fury?

Howard: They did the same thing with Gwyneth [Paltrow], from what I've been told. They did it with almost everyone, I think, except Downey throughout the thing. One of the things that actors need to learn to do is take a tip from Friends [whose cast members all held out for higher pay]. You always choose to stick together. One for all and all for one. Our Gang, you know? Let Spanky be our rule.

Does that teach you a lesson about Hollywood politics?

Howard: Yeah, make sure your Ts are crossed twice.

Aren't you dangerous to them now, since you know the plans for the trilogy?

Howard: Nah, when someone does something wrong, you don't have to get them back. Everything right will return the favor for you.

Will you be eagerly awaiting Iron Man 2 in theaters?

Howard: Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I want to see what happens with that. I want to see Don Cheadle become me. I want him to do better than me. That's what I really want to see. I think he can. Don Cheadle is the reason I got on Crash. He was one of the producers on Crash, and he called and got me in there. So it's like Don is good by me, anything he does. He's given me the greatest gift I could ever imagine having. Don gave me that, so anything I have, I'll share with him.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/iron-mans-terrence-howard.php

Madwelshboy
April 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
No Demon in a Bottle Storyline from Iron Man 2

While delivering press for the Soloist, RDJ comments on the "Demon in a Bottle" scenario for Iron Man 2, which begins filming today.

When asked if the Demon in a Bottle story line is the one that is used in Iron Man 2, RDJ sts:

"Not really," Downey replied. "As a matter of fact, I think that’s probably best saved, because it’s such its own storyline. We're going for the interim space [between the origin and 'Demon']."

That's cool, I'm glad they are not jumping right into the whole Demon in a Bottle storyline just yet. The movie going audience loves Tony Stark and it does feel a bit soon to show the evil that comes along with alcohol addiction in such a main stream character. I think this is best saved for after The Avengers are made. Then Tony will have a reason to get plastered as the amount of stress builds while having The Avengers initiative to cater to as well as being Iron Man.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=6898

Artha O'neill
April 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Iron Man 2 Set Pics:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40681

enjoy.

Madwelshboy
April 7th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Footage From Iron Man 2 Set

We've posted some pics previously, but now you can see moany of the stars (except Mickey, Scarjo and Cheadle) in this short clip somebody posted on YouTube. Hey, you even get to see Garry Shandling! When was HE cast?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=6926

Madwelshboy
April 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Love Triangle Confirmed For Iron Man 2

During a recent press junket for April 24th’s “The Soloist,” actor Robert Downey Jr. confirmed with MTV News what comics fans had long been expecting: Tony Stark will indeed have two lovely ladies vying for his attention in “Iron Man 2”.

Of course, Gwenyth Paltrow is set to return as assistant/love interest Pepper Potts, but the sequel will also see the addition of Scarlett Johansson as Russian agent Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow.

When asked whether he’d be 1/3 of a love triangle in the film, Downey told MTV News, “Heck yeah, Wouldn’t you?”

It's still not clear which version of Black Widow will feature in Iron Man 2. The original version was a Russian spy who, after defecting, ended up joining the Avengers. In Marvel’s Ultimate universe, however, the Black Widow nearly married Tony Stark before revealing herself as a traitor.

I think the most likely outcome is that they will mix the 2 versions up..as they are reportedly doing with 2 different characters for Mickey Rourkes as yet unnamed villain(some say Dynamo some say Whiplash).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=6920

Madwelshboy
April 8th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Is Gary Oldman joining the cast of Iron Man 2?

IESB.net reported that Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight) was spotted on the Los Angeles set of Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2, possibly playing Howard Stark, father of Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.).

The site also reported that Garry Shandling will play Senator Stern.

It's unclear how much Iron Man 2 screen time Oldman will have; he is also currently shooting the post-apocalyptic The Book of Eli, which is in the middle of production in Albuquerque, N.M., and in which he plays a major role.

The role of Howard Stark was previously rumored to be played by Tim Robbins. But that role is also rumored to be the one filled by Mad Men's John Slattery.

Iron Man 2 hits theaters on May 7, 2010.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/is-gary-oldman-joining-th.php

Madwelshboy
April 9th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Tweeting from the Set of Iron Man 2

Director Jon Favreau gives us the latest news on Iron Man 2 news via Twitter...

Rourke does not disappoint.
about 4 hours ago from TwitterFon
Mickey Roarke’s first day.
about 7 hours ago from TwitterFon
Wrapped day two. Time for some sleep. So great to work with Garry.
7:59 PM Apr 7th from TwitterFon
Garry Shandling: “I can’t wait to see the movie to see who I actually play.”
3:49 PM Apr 7th from TwitterFon
Swarm of paparazzi on set.
2:58 PM Apr 7th from TwitterFon
Day 2. Slept like a rock. Finally. Not used to these long hours.
7:34 AM Apr 7th from TwitterFon
First day went great. I’ve never worked on a sequel before. It’s like we picked up where we left off.
8:44 PM Apr 6th from TwitterFon
Lunch! Boy it’s great to be back at work. Many familiar faces in cast and crew. I am so blessed to do what I love with wonderful people.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=6955

Madwelshboy
April 9th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Don Cheadle and the future of a War Machine Spin-off!

Don Cheadle, who plays Col. James Rhodes in Iron Man 2, has revealed new information about his future as War Machine and what it was like to replace Terrence Howard!

The article is as follows...

TF: So you'd like to see Iron Man 2 continue the first film's political engagement?
DC: People were surprised that Iron Man was really good and had more to it-that's attributable to Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. Hopefully that will continue. If this rolls out how it's supposed to, I'll do five movies for Marvel...I've always wanted to be in a big superhero movie and I'll actually be in some of the action. I like doing as much of that stuff as I can, so you wanna be fit! Let's hope I get the armour on. In the first movie Rhodey did say, "Next time."

TF: Was it strange excepting the role after Terrence Howard?
DC: I got a call out of the blu saying, "Do you want this part? Terrence isn't doing it." I said, "You're not firing him for me?" and they said, "We're not-he's out of it". After I acccepted, I saw Terrence and he said, "I know you don't know what went on because I didn't know what was going on!" Terrence is my boy, I've known him for a long time-it's all good. I imagine there'll be a fair amount of people who want to see Terrence again.

TF: Would you like to see a Rhodey/War Machine spin-off?
DC: Actually, I hope to retire. I'm only half-joking. It would be great to have a character that you could take off with. If it was Rhodey that would be interesting but I have young children. If it meant spending monthsand months away from home, it's not worth that. You've caught me at a very ambivalent moment. I'm gonna be a good soldier, I know that!

So what 5 films might Rhodey be involved with, and what does this mean for the future of War Machine?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=6960

Madwelshboy
April 9th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Rumor control 2: Gary Oldman NOT in Iron Man 2

JoBlo is debunking a rumor, first reported by IESB.net, that Gary Oldman (The Book of Eli) has joined the cast of Iron Man 2, which is now shooting in Los Angeles.

The site quotes Oldman's longtime manager, Douglas Urbanski, who denied the rumor, saying that Oldman is currently in the middle of shooting Eli in New Mexico. (We know that's true: We were on the set last week and spoke with Oldman ourselves.)

Urbanski added that Oldman hadn't left the set once, except to return home to see his children. That means IESB's report that Oldman was on the Iron Man 2 set can't be possible.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/rumor-control-2-gary-oldm.php

Madwelshboy
April 10th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Iron Man's 'Raza' looks ahead to a bigger role in future installments

Faran Tahir, who played the terrorist leader Raza in the first Iron Man movie, told SCI FI Wire that he doesn't have a role in the upcoming sequel, but that his character may appear in a later installment.

"We're still talking about it," Tahir said in an exclusive phone interview on Thursday. "It hasn't been finalized yet, so we'll see. The character didn't die in the first one, and it is part of a larger story. Iron Man's biggest nemesis is Mandarin, and my character is the only reference to Mandarin. So we're still trying to figure out how it's going to fit. The things to consider, I think, are that if it is a bigger story, how much of it is exposed [and] when."

Raza was the leader of a group that is part of the larger Ten Rings organization, which in the Marvel Comics is run by the Mandarin. Or is Raza more than he appears?

"Is he the conduit to Mandarin?" Tahir said. "Does he become Mandarin? Is it just another leader of the Ten Rings, you know, thing? All the allusions [in] my first speech was all about Genghis Khan and all that, which is Mandarin's thing, you know? So I think they have created the character and the storyline very wisely. To leave it as open as possible so whatever they need to, you know, pull from, they will."

For his part, Tahir would love it if he turns out to be the ultimate bad guy in the Iron Man universe. "Of course I would," he said. "Yeah, yeah, we'll see. We'll see." Iron Man 2 is currently shooting in Los Angeles.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/iron-mans-raza-looks-ahea.php

the fifth man
April 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Iron Man's 'Raza' looks ahead to a bigger role in future installments

Faran Tahir, who played the terrorist leader Raza in the first Iron Man movie, told SCI FI Wire that he doesn't have a role in the upcoming sequel, but that his character may appear in a later installment.

"We're still talking about it," Tahir said in an exclusive phone interview on Thursday. "It hasn't been finalized yet, so we'll see. The character didn't die in the first one, and it is part of a larger story. Iron Man's biggest nemesis is Mandarin, and my character is the only reference to Mandarin. So we're still trying to figure out how it's going to fit. The things to consider, I think, are that if it is a bigger story, how much of it is exposed [and] when."

Raza was the leader of a group that is part of the larger Ten Rings organization, which in the Marvel Comics is run by the Mandarin. Or is Raza more than he appears?

"Is he the conduit to Mandarin?" Tahir said. "Does he become Mandarin? Is it just another leader of the Ten Rings, you know, thing? All the allusions [in] my first speech was all about Genghis Khan and all that, which is Mandarin's thing, you know? So I think they have created the character and the storyline very wisely. To leave it as open as possible so whatever they need to, you know, pull from, they will."

For his part, Tahir would love it if he turns out to be the ultimate bad guy in the Iron Man universe. "Of course I would," he said. "Yeah, yeah, we'll see. We'll see." Iron Man 2 is currently shooting in Los Angeles.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/iron-mans-raza-looks-ahea.php

I would love to see Raza again. But as the Mandarin, I guess we'll see.

Pharaoh Atem
April 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I want war machine

the fifth man
April 11th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I want war machine

That would be pretty cool.

Pharaoh Atem
April 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
That would be pretty cool.

iron man,war machine VS big cool bad guy. plus a good story may give me more incentive to watch the second movie

Madwelshboy
April 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Does Iron Man need to be miserable, too?

Robert Downey Jr. recently teased some Iron Man 2 details when he spoke to Collider.com and other outlets while promoting his upcoming film, The Soloist. We already knew Terrence Howard was out and Don Cheadle was in, along with Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, and Scarlett Johansson. But Downey confirmed that Garry Shandling will play a Senator who wants to control Stark’s technology.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/does-iron-man-n.html

Madwelshboy
April 20th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Iron Man 2 a "Risky Movie," Says Downey

Iron Man actor Robert Downey Jr. gives us an update as to how Iron Man 2 is coming along -- and a warning...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=7077

the fifth man
April 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Iron Man 2 a "Risky Movie," Says Downey

Iron Man actor Robert Downey Jr. gives us an update as to how Iron Man 2 is coming along -- and a warning...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=7077

Hmmm, that risky talk definitely has me intrigued.

Madwelshboy
April 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Robert Downey Jr. Talks Iron Man 2!

Tony Stark himself, Robert Downey Jr., drops some information about IRON MAN 2!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=7087

the fifth man
April 21st, 2009, 06:48 PM
I can't wait for the day when we get to see a trailer of this. I have very high hopes for this movie.

Artha O'neill
April 23rd, 2009, 07:10 AM
A story in the Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i2b46d200e6140dd01d6e02fcfdb1d323) notes that actor Clark Gregg has returned for the sequel as SHIELD Agent Phil Coulson, and actress Kate Mara has joined the cast in an unspecified role.

the fifth man
April 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Anyone read Terrence Howard's comments on Yahoo today? He is still very upset about being replaced in this movie by Don Cheadle.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/us-magazine-terrence-howard.html

Pharaoh Atem
April 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Anyone read Terrence Howard's comments on Yahoo today? He is still very upset about being replaced in this movie by Don Cheadle.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/us-magazine-terrence-howard.html

i read that and it's sucks :mad: he was one of the few people in the first movie i liked

the fifth man
April 23rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
i read that and it's sucks :mad: he was one of the few people in the first movie i liked

I didn't like them replacing him either.

Madwelshboy
May 1st, 2009, 12:24 AM
First look: 'Iron Man 2' explores the unmasked life

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-04-30-first-look-ironman2_N.htm

Ishay
May 1st, 2009, 05:40 AM
First look: 'Iron Man 2' explores the unmasked life

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-04-30-first-look-ironman2_N.htm

at first i thought the grey suit in the background was war machine :( i'm so looking forward to the second movie :D the first one was brilliant

the fifth man
May 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
at first i thought the grey suit in the background was war machine :( i'm so looking forward to the second movie :D the first one was brilliant

Indeed it was.:) I really hope it is as entertaining and smart as the first film.

Madwelshboy
May 2nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
Indeed it was.:) I really hope it is as entertaining and smart as the first film.

This is in my top 5 must see films of the next few years

the fifth man
May 2nd, 2009, 07:48 PM

Oh, yeah. There is no way I would miss seeing this movie on opening day.:)

huntress
May 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
I can't wait for the second Iron Man movie. :) The first one certainly kicked booty.

Just a few minutes ago I finished a little Iron Man vidlet that I made on a whim because I was bored and couldn't go outside (allergies suck)

http://www.imeem.com/people/ftBLd9n/video/Wlr54ei2/huntress-iron-man-movies-video/

Feedback is always welcome :)

Madwelshboy
May 5th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Gwyneth Paltrow Filming A ‘Risque Scene’ As Dominatrix In ‘Iron Man 2’?

According to a rumor from The Daily Mail, Paltrow has been getting in shape for a “risque scene” alongside leading man Robert Downey Jr...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7314

Pharaoh Atem
May 5th, 2009, 05:57 PM

traitor

the fifth man
May 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Gwyneth Paltrow Filming A ‘Risque Scene’ As Dominatrix In ‘Iron Man 2’?

According to a rumor from The Daily Mail, Paltrow has been getting in shape for a “risque scene” alongside leading man Robert Downey Jr...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7314

Hmmm, very interesting.;)

Madwelshboy
May 7th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Rockwell reveals Iron Man 2 details

Sam Rockwell has revealed details about his character in Iron Man 2.

The actor will play the role of Justin Hammer, who is portrayed in the comic books as an English tycoon and arch nemesis of Iron Man’s alter ego, Tony Stark, Total Film reports.

He told MTV: "They wanted to go with a rival for Tony Stark who is closer to his age, and make him American."

Rockwell went on to mention that Hammer won't have many fighting scenes in the movie, though added that his comic book incarnation bears a striking resemblance to a fellow actor.

He said: "That looks like Jeremy Irons. I guess they couldn’t get Jeremy Irons for it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a155100/rockwell-reveals-iron-man-2-details.html

May 7th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Rockwell reveals Iron Man 2 details

Sam Rockwell has revealed details about his character in Iron Man 2.

The actor will play the role of Justin Hammer, who is portrayed in the comic books as an English tycoon and arch nemesis of Iron Man’s alter ego, Tony Stark, Total Film reports.

He told MTV: "They wanted to go with a rival for Tony Stark who is closer to his age, and make him American."

Rockwell went on to mention that Hammer won't have many fighting scenes in the movie, though added that his comic book incarnation bears a striking resemblance to a fellow actor.

He said: "That looks like Jeremy Irons. I guess they couldn’t get Jeremy Irons for it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a155100/rockwell-reveals-iron-man-2-details.html

they so should have got jeremy irons to do it!! :(

Madwelshboy
May 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM
The Fury of Jon Favreau's Tweets!

More great Tweet updates from the Iron Man 2 set.

Posted at about 11AM EST:

Scarlett's first day on set in the Black Widow outfit. You've never heard a crew get so quiet so fast.

Posted at about 4:30PM EST:

Now shooting first scene with Tony Stark and Nick Fury.

It's amazing and how much exciting news can be entered in Twitter's 140 character space!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/FalconsNest/news/?a=7356

Madwelshboy
May 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM
2nd Iron Man 2 Set Pic

IRON MAN 2 director Jon Favreau has posted another image from the set of the film that is currently in production.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/worldsgreatest/news/?a=7364

3rd Iron Man 2 Set Pic

Robert Downey looks too cool for school in his shades and breastplate as he "takes 5" on the set of the Iron Man 2 movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=7372

Madwelshboy
May 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Nick Fury On The Set Of Iron Man 2

Check out these new Set Pics from Iron Man 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7391

Madwelshboy
May 15th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Iron Man 2 Filming to Take Place in Monaco

According to Maprincipaute.com, Iron Man 2 will film in Monaco during the Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit and casino. It sounds like it will be mostly Second Unit filming

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8334

MIZA
May 16th, 2009, 02:25 AM

When does the movie come again, thanks

Madwelshboy
May 16th, 2009, 02:47 AM
When does the movie come again, thanks

Its scheduled for release on May 7, 2010

Madwelshboy
May 16th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Spoiler Alert: Iron Man 2

This anonymous tip has shed some light on what the Iron Man 2 crew was filming yesterday at Edwards Air Force Base in California.

“I worked with Sam Rockwell filming a scene with a combat drone he develops. Sam is a great actor and funny as can be when he's improvising. I hope some of this stuff shows up on the Blu Ray."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7548

the fifth man
May 16th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Its scheduled for release on May 7, 2010

Such a long time still to wait.:(

Madwelshboy
May 18th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Iron Man 2 Concept Image: Whiplash?

Supposedly, this is Mickey Rourke in concept Armour.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7590

Madwelshboy
May 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Catfight: Gwyneth vs. Scarlett - PLUS News of a Big Fight Scene in Iron Man 2

The claws are out on the set of Iron Man 2 with SCARLETT JOHANSSON and GWYNETH PALTROW going head to head...

The Sun newspaper reports that Gwyneth Paltrow feels that her on-set rival is hogging the limelight and now sparks are flying between the movie’s two female leads.

The newspapers Hollywood source revealed yesterday: “Gwyneth has become very frustrated with Scarlett. “They come from different worlds and have completely different styles. Gwyneth has found Scarlett very demanding of the attention of the crew. It’s not a happy set.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7592

Madwelshboy
May 22nd, 2009, 11:23 PM
Massive Set Being Built for Iron Man 2

A massive construction project at the foot of the Sepulveda Dam in L.A. has been arousing curiosity among motorists driving on the 101 Ventura Freeway in the San Fernando Valley for the past week. A "Rasputin" sign hangs at the entrance to the dam. The project, it turns out, is a set for Iron Man 2. We have a pretty good idea what they are building, but we won't spoil it here. Check out the photos

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8356

Dr Lee
May 23rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Really enjoyed the first movie..... and definately looking forwward to the new one. (If only to see Scarlett in tight leather:jack_new_anime05:)

the fifth man
May 23rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Really enjoyed the first movie..... and definately looking forwward to the new one. (If only to see Scarlett in tight leather:jack_new_anime05:)

Yeah, that is definitely a positive.:)

Madwelshboy
May 28th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Favreau and Rourke on Iron Man 2

With the filming of Iron Man 2 reaching the halfway point, director Jon Favreau and star Mickey Rourke talked to Empire about the title character, Jim Rhodes/War Machine and villain Whiplash. Here's a bit from Rourke on the latter:

Meanwhile, Mickey Rourke, who appears as new Iron Man nemesis Whiplash, was back on set last week after a stint with Sly, Li, Lundgren, Statham et al on The Expendables. "I'm having the time of my life!" he enthused about joining the Iron Man franchise. "It's been really brutal, because my Iron Man suit weighs 23lb. It's sort of a half-suit, with half my skin showing, with lots of Russian tattoos, because [Whiplash is just] out of a Russian-zone prison."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8367

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2009, 04:39 AM
Watch Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau's bit on Jimmy Fallon

Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau joined Late Night With Jimmy Fallon from the movie's Manhattan Beach, Calif., set on Monday, and you can view a clip after the jump.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/watch-iron-man-2-helmer-j.php

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
Marvel Movie Logos & Titles Revealed

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/1040L.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7804

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
"Iron Man 2" Teaser Posters

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/smim2.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=7810

the fifth man
June 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Marvel Movie Logos & Titles Revealed

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/1040L.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7804

I like the logos for the most part.

Madwelshboy
June 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Mickey Rourke Talks About Playing Whiplash

Mickey Rourke certainly seems to be taking his role of Whiplash very seriously indeed. Heres an excerpt from an interview he did with The Guardian..

And Iron Man 2, in which he plays Tony Stark's tattooed Russian nemesis, Ivan, is possibly the biggest movie yet in Rourke's new career. For Rourke this means going to Russia, drinking vodka and visiting jails to study prison tattoos and find his character's tics. "I decided to do half my role in Russian," he beams, "and that's hard because the Russian language doesn't roll off the English-speaking tongue very easily. I spent three hours a day with a teacher, and after two weeks I know four sentences! Let me see, it's sort of like... 'Yezzamee menya... Yezzamee manya obott... Er, nemaboootty menya...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=7868

the fifth man
June 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I think Rourke will be great in this.

Madwelshboy
June 8th, 2009, 06:49 AM
More Marvel Movie Info From Kevin Feige! - On "Iron Man 2"

Apparently they're halfway done with shooting, and almost all of the dialogue is finished being shot, with the next six weeks dedicated to action. Feige talked highly of Rourke and Sam Rockwell's involvement as villains, he also dropped an interesting hint about Scarlett Johansson. He said her character has "two sides" - her entrance is as an assistant to Tony Stark, but she is later revealed to be a character named Black Widow. Sounds like Widow will be following her story arc from the comics and be betraying Stark after all.

We know that Iron Man 2 is up next, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Feige said that they're "ordered this way for a reason." And confirmed that Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johansson as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are signed on for multiple movies or "multiple franchises," further extending that hint that Loki will be a villain who shows up quite often. Feige kept saying often that he'd love for audiences to have the same experience that comic book readers have - where characters make surprise appearances almost out of nowhere in issues they pick up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=7876

Artha O'neill
June 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
FIRST LOOK: Mickey Rourke as Whiplash

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1244592349.jpg

Source (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21531)

enjoy.

the fifth man
June 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
FIRST LOOK: Mickey Rourke as Whiplash

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1244592349.jpg

Source (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21531)

enjoy.

Very nice.:)

Madwelshboy
June 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Connecting The First Couple Of Iron Man 2 Photos

Iron Man 2 is the most talked about sequel Marvel has to offer. Slashfilm ran a comparison on the first 2 official photos from the set and it is pretty interesting what they came up with.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7950

Madwelshboy
June 18th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Joe Quesada Talks "Thor" And "Iron Man 2"

On Quesadas blog Cup O' Joe this week, the Marvel head honcho talks about a meeting he had with Kenneth Branagh and John Favreu's take on "Iron Man 2

He then talks about Jon Favreau and how he wanted to learn more about Tony Stark's reasons.

" We just sat there and talked Iron Man, and he wanted to know who he is and why Tony Stark does what he does. That was really key to Favreau: why put on the suit and try to do good things? It was a much tougher question once he defeats the Iron Monger, gets his tech and his company back…why continue doing this? What does Tony Stark stand for?

In essence, the thing I never revealed about that conversation in the past is that Jon was looking for these answers because he was already thinking ahead, he was thinking about "Iron Man 2."

See, it doesn't quite work on film that he goes and stops a little lady from getting mugged. While that may be an ancillary part of it, when you have that suit of armor, the world’s greatest weapon, the story has to be bigger, and your reason for being has to be bigger. But at the same time, it has to be small and streamlined enough that an audience can grab hold of it. Favreau is all about that. And at the same time, where do Tony's allegiances lie? It was almost the same kind of questions we had during "Civil War." So time with Favreau is sort of spent quietly huddling and talking about a character's reason for doing what he does. Again, that's also a part of that Marvel formula."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8014

Madwelshboy
June 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Marvel’s Editor in Chief Joe Quesada Talks Iron Man 2

Joe Quesada talks Mickey Rourke and his Iron Man 2 nerd moment in his most recent Cup O’ Joe column.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=8233

Madwelshboy
June 25th, 2009, 11:44 PM
New Poster

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/010.jpg

Madwelshboy
June 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

As for Iron Man 2, which is currently in production, Finberg assured fans they can expect more of the same action and improvisational drama courtesy of star Robert Downey Jr. There may be no way to manage fan expectations for the sequel to a $300+ million-grossing film, but Marvel is committed to pleasing them.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-the-avengers-movie-s.php

GuHNDoi
June 26th, 2009, 07:30 PM
No doubt it will be a worthy sequel, I really look foward to the Avengers groundwork being laid in this and subsequent marvel releases. Captain America and Thor. Awesome!

the fifth man
June 27th, 2009, 07:36 PM
No doubt it will be a worthy sequel, I really look foward to the Avengers groundwork being laid in this and subsequent marvel releases. Captain America and Thor. Awseome!

I sure hope so. I am really looking forward to it.:)

Madwelshboy
June 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Can't wait for IM2, my most anticipated film for 2010 (not like these much else out). I hope they put hints in it for Thor and Cap America, so that people know that the films are all connected leading to the avengers. Because general audiences mite not know, they are all linked and if one of them has a bad performance it mite danger further instalments.

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Stan Lee To Play Larry King In "Iron Man 2"!

"Iron Man creator and Marvel comics legend, Stan Lee will be playing "Larry King" in "Iron Man 2." Lee as "King" will interview Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) on "Larry King Live." Stan Lee will be questioning Stark about his new, modified "black" Iron Man suit."

They say their source also confirms that Lee will be a playable character in "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2."

This has not been confirmed so treat it as only a rumor until further notice.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8299

June 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Stan Lee To Play Larry King In "Iron Man 2"!

"Iron Man creator and Marvel comics legend, Stan Lee will be playing "Larry King" in "Iron Man 2." Lee as "King" will interview Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) on "Larry King Live." Stan Lee will be questioning Stark about his new, modified "black" Iron Man suit."

They say their source also confirms that Lee will be a playable character in "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2."

This has not been confirmed so treat it as only a rumor until further notice.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8299

i wonder if the black suit will be black widow ala Ultimates 2

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 01:25 AM

that would be interesting. there are rumor of a love triangle, with tony, pepper & widow, but whether we will see the exact storyline of Tony giving Widow the back suit as a engagement present.

June 29th, 2009, 01:46 AM
that would be interesting. there are rumor of a love triangle, with tony, pepper & widow, but whether we will see the exact storyline or Tony giving Widow the back suit as a engagement present.

i thought that was a good storyline i would love to see it onscreen.

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 01:54 AM
i thought that was a good storyline i would love to see it onscreen.

I don't have issues with the storyline, but whether it can come across as a believable and no rushed in 2/2.5 hour movie, with everything else that will be going on.

June 29th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I don't have issues with the storyline, but whether it can come across as a believable and no rushed in 2/2.5 hour movie, with everything else that will be going on.

it shoudln't be too hard, stark is pretty impulsive anyway, to propose after only knowing widow a short time would be believeable, and most movies of this sort have 2 arcs running through the movies the villain arc and the personal arc, which normally culminate at the end. ie stark and widow relationship (personal) whiplash/technology being stolen (villain) widow is a traitor and is stealing the tech (culmination)

kirmit
June 29th, 2009, 02:44 AM

More likely to be war machine imo

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 03:08 AM
More likely to be war machine imo

War Machine has already been confirmed to appear and his armor isnt really "black" anyway

June 29th, 2009, 05:44 AM
War Machine has already been confirmed to appear and his armor isnt really "black" anyway

also war machine is not owned by stark, it is owned by the US military. why would stark be talking about it on TV

kirmit
June 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM
In the comics Tony dons the war machine armour first, it was a stark creation, owned by stark, not the US military, that came much later on. When Tony apparently died, Rhodes took over with this armour, later on becoming War machine. This seems to be the path they're following and in many comics the armour is portrayed as black and silver/grey, with black being the dominant colour, so yes it could be described as a black Iron man suit.

June 29th, 2009, 08:18 AM
In the comics Tony dons the war machine armour first, it was a stark creation, owned by stark, not the US military, that came much later on. When Tony apparently died, Rhodes took over with this armour, later on becoming War machine. This seems to be the path they're following and in many comics the armour is portrayed as black and silver/grey, with black being the dominant colour, so yes it could be described as a black Iron man suit.

fair enough, i'm not much of a comics expert so i'll take your word for it, i just assumed they would fast track any use of war machine because it's only a movie, they can't really go into a lot of depth with that sort of stuff

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Brian Michael Bendis Talks

The "Secret Invasion" writer describes Kenneth Branagh's take on "Thor" as well as his love for the "Iron Man 2" script. Apparently Bendis has been working closely with Marvel studios, and is part of a group of comic writers that consults with the screenwriters and filmmakers, making sure that the characters stay true in their translation from page to screen.

“The ‘Iron Man 2‘ script is so good,” he revealed. “I’ve had to read it 30 times now.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=8312

the fifth man
June 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Brian Michael Bendis Talks

The "Secret Invasion" writer describes Kenneth Branagh's take on "Thor" as well as his love for the "Iron Man 2" script. Apparently Bendis has been working closely with Marvel studios, and is part of a group of comic writers that consults with the screenwriters and filmmakers, making sure that the characters stay true in their translation from page to screen.

“The ‘Iron Man 2‘ script is so good,” he revealed. “I’ve had to read it 30 times now.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=8312

I truly hope that is the case.

MIZA
June 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
just question i am sure others have asaked this before, but with Terence Howard of out of the second movie , do you think it will be successful ?? i am just wondering personally i like both Terence Howard and Don Cheadle

GuHNDoi
June 30th, 2009, 11:08 PM
just question i am sure others have asaked this before, but with Terence Howard of out of the second movie , do you think it will be successful ?? i am just wondering personally i like both Terence Howard and Don Cheadle

Same here, they are both very capable actors, I have no doubts as to wether Don Cheadle can pull off the role. That cast change is only a minor inconsistency when talking about the success of the film.:)

Madwelshboy
June 30th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I don't really think, it will have much of an effect really. general audiences will probably be immune to the change.

July 1st, 2009, 03:07 AM
i'm not too happy about it, mostly because they look nothing alike
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/defamer/2008/10/howard-cheadle.jpg

Madwelshboy
July 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM
Samuel L. Jackson Talks Nick Fury's Action Status In Iron Man 2

Check this MTV interview out regarding Nick Fury's action status for Iron Man 2.

“Not this time, not yet,” Jackson told MTV News of kicking some ass in Iron Man 2. "We still haven’t moved Nick Fury into the bad-ass zone. He’s still just kind of a talker.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=8338

Descent
July 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM
i'm not too happy about it, mostly because they look nothing alike
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/defamer/2008/10/howard-cheadle.jpg

Well, Terrence is younger and has lighter skin...but other than that.. hmph. I don't really understand why it matters... they are both very good actors. It's not like they got someone terrible to replace him. :P

He'll make a good James Rhodes/War Machine. Don't worry about it. :cool:

the fifth man
July 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM
Well, Terrence is younger and has lighter skin...but other than that.. hmph. I don't really understand why it matters... they are both very good actors. It's not like they got someone terrible to replace him. :P

I think Don will do just fine in the role too. I will miss Terrence, no doubt about that. There is just nothing we can do now but accept the change.

MIZA
July 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM

i agree, but i think in a way that it was bad that they just cut him off from the movie like that i think it was messed up and that somehow it will jinx the movie and it will not do so well

Madwelshboy
July 1st, 2009, 10:16 PM
DJ AM Gets an Iron Man 2 Cameo

First we got the Gary Schandling news, then a couple days ago we got the Stan Lee cameo news, then even better Olivia Munn, and today we get the DJ AM Iron Man 2 cameo news.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=8342

Iron Man 2" Scene Spoilers!

They have no idea how legit this is, but the scooper claims to be close to the production of ‘Iron Man 2'. If it is true, some mild spoilers ahead...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8350

Madwelshboy
July 13th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau tweeted that co-star Scarlett Johannson wrapped her part in the sequel movie: "She was awesome. Green Lantern visited the set. One week left until picture wrap. Looking forward to down time." ["Green Lantern" refers to Johansson's husband, Ryan Reynolds.]

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/news-briefs-transformers-2.php

Madwelshboy
July 15th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Iron Man 2 - BTS Set Video

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2009/07/iron-man-2-bts-set-video.html

Madwelshboy
July 16th, 2009, 03:44 AM
This week's Entertainment Weekly will feature Iron Man 2 on the cover, with the first look at Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/news-briefs-avatar-sneake.php

Madwelshboy
July 16th, 2009, 06:25 AM
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/news-briefs-avatar-sneake.php

Iron Man 2 - EW Pics

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/ewironman2.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/ewironman2new.jpg

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2009/07/iron-man-2-ew-pics.html

kennythewraith
July 16th, 2009, 03:29 PM
yeah i think she was a good call....cuz look...shes really hot!
yes im shallow
;)

the fifth man
July 16th, 2009, 07:24 PM
yeah i think she was a good call....cuz look...shes really hot!
yes im shallow
;)

Yeah, she is. Not a bad actress either.:)

kennythewraith
July 16th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah, she is. Not a bad actress either.:)

yeah but when she was cast soo many people bash her....dont get it....everything ive seen her in shes awesome.cant wait for the movie though

Madwelshboy
July 17th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Could this be War Machine and Whiplash?

We may see these or different costumes in Iron Man 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/WulfComicFan/news/?a=8595

July 17th, 2009, 02:57 AM
yeah but when she was cast soo many people bash her....dont get it....everything ive seen her in shes awesome.cant wait for the movie though

she was mediocre at best in home alone 3

Madwelshboy
July 17th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Iron Man 2 - New Promo Pic of Tony Stark from EW

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/Iron-Man-2-Downey_l.jpg

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2009/07/iron-man-2-new-promo-pic-of-tony-stark.html

Madwelshboy
July 18th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Iron Man 2 - More Promo Pics

Iron Man 2 - More Promo Pics from EW of Robert Downey Jr., Gwyenth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Sam Roclwell

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2009/07/iron-man-2-more-promo-pics.html

Jon_Favreau Twitter Update:-

We just wrapped principal photography. about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon

http://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau

the fifth man
July 18th, 2009, 07:55 PM
As usual, thanks for the pics, Madwelshboy.:)

kennythewraith
July 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM
she was mediocre at best in home alone 3
lol iv never seen that so illl take you word for it but shes a better actrees than most give her cradit for.

Could this be War Machine and Whiplash?

We may see these or different costumes in Iron Man 2

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/WulfComicFan/news/?a=8595

nice find madwelshboy

Madwelshboy
July 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Leslie Bibb Set to Return for Iron Man 2!

The actress who played reporter Christine Everhart in 'Iron Man' has revelaed that her character will be back for the sequel...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=8641

Madwelshboy
July 21st, 2009, 02:33 AM
Downey Jr: 'Iron Man is horny'

Robert Downey Jr has claimed that Iron Man is the "horniest" superhero series.

The actor told Entertainment Weekly that the upcoming sequel features a heated love triangle between his character Tony Stark, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts and Scarlett Johansson's new addition the Black Widow.

"Our signature as a superhero franchise is that we're horny," Downey Jr said. "Not, like, can't-bring-your-kids horny, but just... horny."

Paltrow added that the battles for Stark's affections are more complex than a "male catfight fantasy".

"The men want it to be, like, 'Ooh, the girls are fighting over Tony', but it's not as standard as that," she noted.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a166202/downey-jr-iron-man-is-horny.html

Madwelshboy
July 21st, 2009, 02:03 PM
New Black Widow Photo

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/zz40cf0a6b-550x365.jpg

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/

the fifth man
July 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
New Black Widow Photo

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/zz40cf0a6b-550x365.jpg

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/

Very nice!:D

Madwelshboy
July 22nd, 2009, 01:13 AM
Newest Iron Man 2 Image Shows Whiplash's Destructive Power

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DennisW22/news/?a=8679

Madwelshboy
July 22nd, 2009, 05:34 AM
"Iron Man 2" Comic Con Banner Hints At New Suit

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DennisW22/news/?a=8682

Madwelshboy
July 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
More New "Iron Man 2" Pics

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8684

Madwelshboy
July 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
'Iron Man 2' to be based on film, comics

The Iron Man 2 video game will use aspects from both the new movie and respective comic books.

Penned by comic writer Matt Fraction, the release will feature a brand new story adapted from elements in both mediums.

"A game presents an entirely new challenge, where the audience/consumer/player engages with the world, with the big and small aspects of the place and characters," he said. "They're a co-conspirator in the narrative. I hope it's as exciting and
challenging to play as it was to write."

The title will also include a redesigned control scheme and hand-to-hand combat.

Iron Man 2 will be released on 360, PS2, PSP, DS and Wii next spring

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a166706/iron-man-2-to-be-based-on-film-comics.html

Dr Lee
July 25th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Righty... the comic-con panel is set it start in about 10 minutes.... i'm going to try and follow anything that appears and post it here when i find it.

EDIT- Gad!... the SSH boards, one of the main places i'm following, has gone nuts... can barely get a page going

EDIT- 2 Live blogging here...

Linky (http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8558)

Dr Lee
July 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
New post....

some details of the teaser....

Going to take a little time to write up the footage we just saw... the crowd is going NUTS! We got to see Mickey Rourke's Whiplash in action, as well as Scarlet Johansson's Black Widow.... and holy crap... WAR MACHINE!!!!!!

Footage opened with Iron Man without his helmet sitting in a giant donut on top of the donut shop (which we've seen in early pictures). We see the back of Sam Jackson's head as Nick Fury calls Tony Stark to "Come down from the donut" and the next scene shows the two of them talking inside the donut shop, continuing the conversation that began in the ending scene in the first "Iron Man" about him possibly putting together a group of heroes.

*The second scene takes place in a courtroom where Tony Stark is being grilled by Senator Stern played by Gary Shandling, who is trying to find out why Tony Stark has a specialized weapon that he's not sharing with the government. We get the same sort of sass and gumption we saw from Downey's Stark in the first movie and hopefully we'll have time to share some of the funnier bits.

The third scene introduces Mickey Rourke as Whiplash and unfortunately, the voice over was hard to understand because of his thick Russian accent, but we can see him sitting at a workbench working on something that is revealed to be a similar chest plate as Iron Man's. We then get to see Whiplash in his full costume (similar to the picture that was released a few weeks ago) and he's whipping these insane energy whips on the ground sending up sparks. That leads into a shot of Iron Man flying through the air and the logo, which everyone thought was going to be it...but nope!!

*The last bit is the first look at Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer coming up to the original Iron Man armor and asking what it is to which he's told that it's classified by Cheadle but then Hammer starts pulling out all sorts of weapons to retrofit on the armor and Cheadle says "I think I'll take it... ALL OF IT" and sure enough, we then see our first look at the retrofitted Iron Man armor

Taken from the first live blog in my last post

the fifth man
July 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Hopefully that teaser hits the web soon.

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
SDCC: Fans say Iron Man 2 so awesome it's orgasmic

To give you an accurate picture of the reaction I heard from the thousands of fans who streamed out of Hall H at the San Diego Comic-Con just a few hours ago after having seen preview footage from Iron Man 2, I could probably just type the word AWESOME!!! over and over several hundreds of times in all caps with at least three exclamation points and leave it at that.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-iron-man-2-fan-buzz.php

SDCC: Iron Man 2 footage brings crowd to its feet

Crediting the attendees of the 2007 Iron Man Comic-Con panel as the reason the movie went on to become a critical and commercial smash, Jon Favreau appeared in a completely-packed Hall H on Saturday at this year's Comicn-Con to premiere footage from the forthcoming sequel, Iron Man 2, with two clips that brought the crowd to its feet.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-iron-man-2-footage-b.php

SDCC: Jon Favreau on building a better Iron Man 2

Two years ago, Iron Man footage killed at San Diego Comic-Con. On Saturday, Iron Man 2 footage killed again. With hard evidence that the sequel would indeed live up to the hype, director Jon Favreau explained what he learned from the good and bad sequels of other franchises. He held up Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn and The Empire Strikes Back as high watermarks for their approach to continuing stories.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-jon-favreau-on-build.php

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 11:54 PM
SDCC 09: Iron Man 2 Interviews

Favreau, Johansson and more suit-up for SDCC 09

http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/142/14251831/vids_1.html

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 11:58 PM
SDCC 09: Rockwell Dons Armor in Iron Man 2?

The biggest panel of this year's Comic-Con has come to an end, giving the Iron Man faithful much to look forward to. And IGN Movies was of course on hand to talk to the cast and crew of the highly anticipated sequel.

continues:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/100/1007565p1.html

Madwelshboy
July 26th, 2009, 12:16 AM
SDCC 09: Iron Man 2 Panel

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment presented hungry fans with their first look at Iron Man 2 today at San Diego Comic-Con. Director Jon Favreau, leading man Robert Downey Jr., and Marvel's movies honcho Kevin Feige talked up the hotly anticipated sequel and publicly screened for the first time footage from the recently wrapped film, which opens May 7, 2010.

continues:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/100/1007513p1.html

Its a information overload!!! im so excited!!

Madwelshboy
July 26th, 2009, 12:40 AM
'Iron Man 2' crew returns to Comic-Con as conquering heroes and sets off a whole new buzz bomb

"Nobody cared about Iron Man until we came here," said director Jon Favreau, returning to Comic-Con to offer a packed and amped-up crowd in Hall H an advance taste of Iron Man 2. (The hall was so crowded, even Marvel executives had difficulty getting in.) Favreau was joined on the stage by stars Robert Downey Jr. (who plays Tony Stark/Iron Man), Sam Rockwell (who plays sleazy arms merchant Justin Hammer), Don Cheadle (taking over the role of Jim Rhodes from Terrence Howard), and Scarlett Johansson (who plays Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow -- and who drew audible gasps from the audience.)

continues:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/iron-man-2-comiccon.html

Iron Man 2 Footage from Comic-Con 2009

Here are clips from the Iron Man 2 panel in Hall-H, and a G4 interview with Olivia Munn and Jon Favreau...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic-con/news/?a=8780

FEARnet
July 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Here's some other coverage and photos from the panel at CC -- my buddy was there, he actually got to ask Jon a question haha! It was really cool.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/photos/b16131_sdcc_2009_iron_man_2_panel_pics.html

There's a ton of pics in there from the Hall H panel.

Jack with FEARnet

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 03:53 AM
"Iron Man 2" Will Not Lead Into "Avengers"

Director Jon Favreau weighed in at Comic-Con with his own details on the film. He stated that the sequel won't leave an open-ended cliffhanger for Marvel's 2012 "Avengers" movie.

"We're working towards 'Avengers,' but by the same token we want to resolve this film and make ['Iron Man 2'] play on its own," Favreau told MTV News. "It's not a serial. It's a self-contained film."

Since Marvel Studios began planted movie crossover appearances in "The Incredible Hulk" and the first "Iron Man," continuity buffs have had a great deal to speculate about given Marvel's ambitious calendar of releases, including "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger." Favreau stressed that while the movies would all be working off each other, his focus remains on making this film work on its own.

"It's not building towards a cliffhanger that's the next movie," he explained. "It's about wrapping up our story and making it a complete tale."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/iron_man_2/news/?a=8831

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Iron Man 2 Interviews from SDCC: Scarlett Johansson

Following the debut of the first official Iron Man 2 teaser footage, I had the opportunity to sit down with actress Scarlett Johansson to discuss the role of Natasha Romanoff, AKA the Black Widow and some of the rumors surrounding this much-anticipated sequel.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=8853

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Kevin Feige Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers, Nick Fury, Thor, And Captain America!!

Q: How reticent were you to go on with a second movie(Iron man 2)? What were the choices you had to make, in order for this second movie to be better than the original one?

Kevin: Thankfully, the first film was a big enough success that nobody was reticent. Certainly, the studio was like, "Make another one! Make another one!" The fear always is to make it good and to improve upon what you did the last time. It was well received, but there were things we thought we could improve. That's always the best part of the sequels. You get a chance to do it again and maybe improve elements that you disappointed with, even if the audience wasn't. There were a few teeny, tiny things that we looked forward to redoing.

Also, when you've got 50 years of comic book stories to tell, we had all sorts of stories we hadn't gotten to yet. An origin story is great and it's pre-packaged, if you do it right. It's the sequel that frees you up. We committed ourselves to a direction. We had Tony out himself as Iron Man, in the last frame of the last movie. We were like, "Should we do this? We're locking ourselves into something." And, we said, "Yes, let's do it." It's locked us into something which has opened up the whole franchise, like in that Senate scene that we showed in Hall H. That's what the whole movie is like. Everyone knows who he is now, and he has to deal with that.

Q: When you brought the first film to Comic-Con, you just killed. How did the reaction this time around compare? How did you pick what you were going to show, to top that first presentation?

Kevin: It was very overwhelming out there. It was great. There was a standing ovation, the minute Jon walked out, so that was very different than it was last year. All that was great, but we wanted the footage to speak for itself, so we followed the method we did last time. We didn't really get a chance to do a preamble, but that's not footage we would show to any crowd. We put that together for this crowd, which is essentially bringing people into the cutting room. That Senate scene is a long, raw, rough version of that scene. But, this audience is very savvy and we give them credit for that.

Q: Was it not worth fighting and trying to make it work with Terrence Howard?

Kevin: Ultimately, we thought that we had a chance to improve the movie with Don Cheadle. For the story that we wanted to tell in the first movie, Terrence did a great job for us. I'm glad that he was in that one. In this one, the story we wanted to tell and that Jon and I started working on, which was going to be much more Jim Rhodes-centric, and have the War Machine story, we thought Don was a better way to go.

Q: Were there other things that you wanted to tweak for improvement?

Kevin: Just really little things. Our end battle this time will be slightly more epic, in scale. It's that balance of delivering the character. With these movies, we really care about the characters, but also delivering a spectacle. In the last movie, the connection between Jeff Bridges and Robert was great, but we wanted to give it a little more spectacle, this time around, for its finale.

Q: How much pressure is there on you to deliver a movie that is going to be as commercially successful as the first one?

Kevin: A tremendous amount of pressure

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=8843

Madwelshboy
July 29th, 2009, 05:42 AM
We talked with Tony Stark's dad from Iron Man 2

Iron Man's award ceremony segment introduced all of Tony Stark's backstory, glossing over the business of the late Howard Stark, who founded the company that gave Tony the resources and know-how to create the nifty Iron Suit and the breastplate that keeps him alive.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/we-talked-with-tony-stark.php

Madwelshboy
August 1st, 2009, 01:19 AM
****** ****** To Cameo In "Iron Man 2"?

Its been speculated on already of course, and many people feel its highly likely since Stark(RDJ) made an appearance in Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk movie. But this is the first solid...well,..rumor..sent from a reliable(at least according to nukethefridge) source that we have seen.

The sites confidential source first reported that Stan Lee will make a brief appearance in the second Iron Man film as Larry King. Now the mysterious scooper is reporting that that Edward Norton will have a possible cameo as both Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

Take it all with a pinch of salt of course!..But wouldn't it be great if this one turned out to be true?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8945

Dr Lee
August 1st, 2009, 02:21 AM
There has only been one report of this hjappening ..... and that was ages ago.

I will be VERY, VERY,VERY surprised if Norton appears in IM2.

On a slightly different note, it's reported by an extra that the chest piece is modified by the end of the movie to have the mini arc reactor cover turned into a Triangle from the original circle

the fifth man
August 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
There has only been one report of this hjappening ..... and that was ages ago.

I will be VERY, VERY,VERY surprised if Norton appears in IM2.

On a slightly different note, it's reported by an extra that the chest piece is modified by the end of the movie to have the mini arc reactor cover turned into a Triangle from the original circle

I think it would be great though. I hope it does happen.

Dr Lee
August 2nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
I actually agree....... With RDJ appearing at the end of TIH it would make a nice comparison for Norton to pop up in IM2......

There's just no real evidence that this is going to happen though

the fifth man
August 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
I actually agree....... With RDJ appearing at the end of TIH it would make a nice comparison for Norton to pop up in IM2......

There's just no real evidence that this is going to happen though

They could just be trying to keep it a secret.

Madwelshboy
August 3rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Iron Man 2 Interviews from SDCC: Jon Favreau

Director Jon Favreau endeared himself to comic fans long before Iron Man debuted in theaters and proved he had respect for the source material because he took early footage and the cast to the Mecca of comic book fans, the 2007 San Diego Comic-Con. The teaser footage, played with Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" blasting in the background, was received with thunderous applause from the audience and the word got out from there that Iron Man was not going to be B-list, even if the character was perceived that way.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=8966

Madwelshboy
August 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Iron Man 2 Interviews from SDCC: Don Cheadle

One would expect actor Don Cheadle to be one of the more nervous of the cast members of Iron Man 2 to appear at the San Diego Comic-Con to unveil never-before-seen footage, especially considering his addition to the cast came at the expense of popular actor Terrrence Howard. Howard portrayed James "Rhodey" Rhodes in the first Iron Man and was popular among fans, so there was some grumbling in the fan community when Cheadle stepped in to play the role and don the War Machine armor for the first time.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=9006

Dr Lee
August 8th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Gentlemen.... and Ladies.....

the IM2 Comic-con video...

Linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgKPxIQ8eSQ)

the fifth man
August 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Freaking awesome!:D Thanks for the link.

Artha O'neill
August 10th, 2009, 07:01 AM

Big props to you man!!!

Madwelshboy
August 11th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Don Cheadle Says War Machine/Iron Man Will Be In Conflict In "Iron Man 2"

We know Rhodey and Stark are good mates..but it seems Iron Man and War Machine have their differences!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=9157

Madwelshboy
August 11th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Comic-Con part 3: Iron Man 2, Trek, True Blood and Joss Whedon!

In the final video from the Syfy/Entertainment Weekly party at last month's San Diego Comic-Con, we interview Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau, Dollhouse creator Joss Whedon, Star Trek's Zachary Quinto and he cast of True Blood, among others.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/in-the-final-video-from.php

Madwelshboy
August 18th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Whiplash's Iron Man 2 costume revealed?

http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2009/08/whiplashs-iron-man-2-costume-revealed.html

Madwelshboy
August 20th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Thor, Hulk cameo in 'Iron Man 2'?

Iron Man 2 star Don Cheadle has fuelled rumours that Marvel superheroes Thor and the Hulk will make cameo appearances in the upcoming sequel.

Speaking to MTV News, the actor - who plays colonel James Rhodes in the film - joked that the characters will appear after the end credits, working in a diner.

"Thor and Hulk both make an appearance in this film. They work at a diner," he said. "You heard it hear first. Thor is actually in the movie. He eats Tony Stark. He consumes him into his God-like belly and spews him into the world. He turns into stars actually.

"It's a strange twist. I don't know that they're going to stay with it. It may not make it to the final cut, but it was cool to see filmed."

Although Cheadle's remarks were made in jest, they support previous speculation that the Thunder God will be referenced in the update as a means of garnering anticipation for 2011's Thor movie

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/a172551/thor-hulk-cameo-in-iron-man-2.html

Madwelshboy
August 21st, 2009, 02:14 AM
New 'Iron Man 2' Image Shows a Suited-Up Justin Hammer

We’ve only seen him in the sides of a handful of promo shots, now get a real glimpse at "Iron Man 2" villain Justin Hammer

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9394

More from Don Cheadle on Iron Man 2

When asked about the general conversation that took place with director Jon Favreau on the Iron Man 2 set, Cheadle explained that his motivation wasn't necessarily to make a bigger film, but a film that explored the ideas set during the first installment in a big way.

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9404

Mickey Rourke's "Guarantee" That Iron Man 2 Will Top The First

When asked about Iron Man 2, Rourke told reporters that it will "be better than Iron Man 1, that I can guarantee you."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=9409

Scarlett Johansson Talks More About Iron Man 2

On the character:

"I think that the character is sort of a shape shifter," Johansson said. "It was sort of like playing two different characters. One character is more kind of mysterious, I don’t want to say submissive, but she’s blending in with the crowd I suppose. The other part of this character is someone who is assertive and knows their sh*t. It was a challenge for me but Jon Favreau was incredible. He really supported me with this."

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9410

Madwelshboy
August 22nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
Kevin Feige Spills Loads of Info on Marvel Movies!

On Iron Man 2:

What are some of things you want to improve on from the first film?

Little things. Really little things. I don’t know, I think our end battle this time will be slightly more epic in scale. It’s that balance of delivering the character. All we really care about in these movies are the characters. But also, delivering a spectacle. On the highway and the rooftop in the last movie was great and the connection between Jeff Bridges and Robert was great but we wanted to give it a little more spectacle this time around for the finale.

On Black Widow:

Black Widow is being introduced in “Iron Man 2” and is played by Scarlett Johansson. Will her character be a part of “The Avengers” movie or possibly be spun-off into her own feature film?

She’s signed on for all of those should we be lucky enough to have an audience that wants to see them.

On Nick Fury:

How large will Nick Fury’s role be in “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America?”

You know, that remains to be seen. I think Sam Jackson’s gone on the record as saying that he hasn’t busted into bad-ass action mode yet. At the end of the first one, for the people who were patient enough to wait through the end credits, they met this guy named Nick Fury. They or Tony had no idea who he was. In this movie, he opens that door a little bit more for Tony and invites him to walk through it. Tony may or may not do that in this movie. But Nick Fury is the conduit through which all the characters will connect.

In that case, how important was it for you to sign Sam Jackson for all of those films?

We wanted to do it. We wanted to do it for the continuity and clearly he had inspired the Ultimate Comics incarnation of Nick Fury of the past ten years. So we were very happy when we got him involved in all of the movies.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9453

Madwelshboy
September 2nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
'Iron Man' sequel coming in 3D?

The sequel to last summer's blockbuster Iron Man may be released in 3D.

According to Ain't It Cool News, Paramount and Marvel have produced a one-minute demo real that shows footage from Iron Man 2 converted to digital 3D.

Producers are reportedly evaluating the time needed and cost demands to turn the entire film into 3D, with three different companies in the running for the conversion job.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a175259/iron-man-sequel-coming-in-3d.html

the fifth man
September 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
This 3D thing is really being pushed down our throats, isn't it?

Madwelshboy
September 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Favreau on Iron Man 2: If Not in 3-D, Then IMAX

Only yesterday, the news dropped that a one-minute demo of Iron Man 2 footage converted into 3-D has been created and Marvel Studios is shopping around for a good price on converting the entire movie into 3-D. However, before you get too excited (or bent out of shape if you're not a big 3-D fan), think back to an interview director Jon Favreau gave to MTV not too long ago in which he said that it's unlikely we'll ever see Iron Man 2 in the 3-D format:

"There are a few drawbacks to it at this point--there's more cost involved, and it also forces you to shoot digitally. My cinematographer [Matthew Labatique] really likes film, and Iron Man had a certain look because it was film."

However, if you're just dying to see Iron Man 2 in another format, Favreau did leave open the possiblity of seeing it in IMAX:

"...either shooting in the IMAX format, or blowing it up to IMAX."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=9749

Madwelshboy
September 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Edward Norton: "I am not in Iron Man 2"

While in Toronto attending the International Film Festival, MTV News tracked down Edward Norton who addressed the rumors that Bruce Banner/The Hulk will appear in 'Iron Man 2'

"I heard that. I don't know where that's coming from. I am not in 'Iron Man 2' to my knowledge."

Even though there's still no word on where Marvel plans to go next with the Hulk franchise — or if Norton will return for any future films — it looks like they haven't approached the actor to reprise his role as Bruce Banner... yet!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=10087

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
Iron Man 2
Release Date: May 7, 2010
Development Status: Tony Stark's flight path to a sequel to his hit first movie started off bumpy: "Favreau's not coming back – gasp!?" "The Downey may not return – double gasp?!" "Howard's out, Cheadle's In as Rhodey – more with the gasping?!" But cooler heads and deep pockets prevailed, and the other fire drill that panned out to be true was actor Terrance Howard departing the role of Rhodes. Which kind of sucks for Howard, as Cheadle inhabits the role as Rhodes picks up the War Machine mantle. Face-melting footage from Comic-Con proved that.

IGN's Iron Man 2 set visit , we learned the following about the story: Two personal crises hit Tony hard: Tony's lingering father issues and an energy crisis of some sort. The shadow of Tony's celebrated, brilliant father, Howard - a man who helped America win World War II and stay armed during the Cold War - looms over the entire film. Howard's past somehow holds the key to Tony's future. (Tony isn't the only character with daddy issues; Mickey Rourke's villain, Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko also has them.) Black Widow weaves her way through the story, infiltrating Stark Industries and the CEO himself. All of this turmoil wears down Stark's relationship with Pepper and Rhodey, and most likely impacts Nick Fury's attempts to lure Stark to S.H.I.E.L.D. Expect Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer to get into the fun as well.

All of this will be revealed next May, and maybe in 3-D. Paramount will distribute the sequel, but rights for releasing the third film will most likely fall under Disney, as IM3 is not part of Paramount's distribution deal with Marvel.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=10199

Alan Wake
September 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
This 3D thing is really being pushed down our throats, isn't it?

Yes, It is... I'm having a hard time breathing now!

But really, I hate watching films in 3D.

I just want to see the movie, nothing special please.

the fifth man
September 21st, 2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, It is... I'm having a hard time breathing now!

But really, I hate watching films in 3D.

I just want to see the movie, nothing special please.

Same here. 3D just doesn't do anything for me.

Madwelshboy
September 25th, 2009, 12:43 AM
ET's Full Iron Man 2 Set Visit! Source:He-Man September 25, 2009

Entertainment Tonight recently got a chance to visit the set of Iron Man 2 and has now posted their full, 5-minute-long set visit online, which you can watch using the player below! You'll get a look at some great behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the stars.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59475

Madwelshboy
October 1st, 2009, 09:34 AM
Don Cheadle Talks War Machine

Entertainment Tonight recently got a chance to talk to Don Cheadle about playing Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes/War Machine in Iron Man 2, an interview that you can watch using the player below!

Opening in theaters on May 7, 2010, the Jon Favreau-directed sequel stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling, John Slattery, Kate Mara, Clark Gregg and Olivia Munn.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59645

Madwelshboy
October 31st, 2009, 01:25 AM
More from Don Cheadle on Iron Man 2

If you're a loyal CBMer, or you just like to follow Iron Man 2 news, than Don Cheadle's recent statements to MovieFone at last Thursday's Ante Up for Africa event to benefit Darfur charities are nothing new. In fact, he said virtually the same things during my interview with him at Comic-Con and in a separate interview back in August.

But, for those who missed those articles, or for those who are just getting turned on to CBM now, Cheadle had this to say about playing the role of James "Rhodey" Rhodes in Iron Man 2:

"The special effects, the amount of things that happen, the amount of CGI...it's like getting to play with the best toys at the best level.

"I think the character that I play, my CGI character worked as much as I worked. The stuntman worked as much as I worked. It's a huge undertaking. It was great. It was a really different experience than I have worked on before. Robert [Downey Jr.] is a great guy to work with. Jon Favreau, everybody is quality. It's a lot of fun, the series."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=11441

kennythewraith
November 30th, 2009, 01:05 PM
RDJ aparently helps rewrite Iron man 2
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Robert-Downey-Jr-Rewrote-Iron-Man-2-15903.html

Dr Lee
November 30th, 2009, 02:10 PM
POSTER!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4223/ironman2postera.jpg

Replicator Todd
November 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
POSTER!

No way, a tear went down my one as I saw the beautiful sight. DEAD SERIOUS.

Dr Lee
November 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I've no doubt.... that is an awesome poster.

the fifth man
November 30th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I've no doubt.... that is an awesome poster.

Indeed it is. I have found a new wallpaper for my desktop.:)

Madwelshboy
December 2nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
Iron Man 2 - New Promotional Pics

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/37aa64fabf63e5450f307e49b64750e2.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/49d7347051dc75733c5b34348a9bab3d.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/299efdedd44808665fa423d02653a681.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/b3f373704a378d3f63b284deef3e400a.jpg

http://www.movies.spoilertv.com/2009/12/iron-man-2-new-promotional-pics.html

DigiFluid
December 2nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
POSTER!

Awesome.

Replicator Todd
December 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
War Machine is going to own!