PDA

View Full Version : Looking foward to the Dr. being in Command

Lord batchi ball
June 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
When it was first announced that Robert Picardo was going to be in Command I was upset. But after becoming a Voyager fan I would have to say that I can't wait for Woosly to be on full time. I started this thread to discuss the two major roles that he has had and if you think he will bring any of those same qualties to Atlantis.

I know that Woosly has been a pain in the a** since being introduced but I since change. And from watching Voyager I know he has the abilty to expand a character so do you think the same?

P-90_177
June 14th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I'm running on a very simple Science Fiction Formula in regards to Woolsey.

Baldness = Awesome

For example:
Picard, Hammond, Sisko, Tigh.
:D

Jeffala
June 14th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Baldness = Awesome

For example:

The logic is irrefutable!

And as for Sisko, when he shaved his head at the beginning of season 4, his awesome level skyrocketed.

Gate-builder
June 14th, 2008, 11:57 PM

Baldness = Awesome

For example:

What about Teal'c! :D

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
June 15th, 2008, 03:07 AM
What about Teal'c! :D

:indeed:

rarocks24
June 15th, 2008, 05:39 AM

Baldness = Awesome

For example:

The Sisko... Is. Awesome.

Occulus
June 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM

Baldness = Awesome

For example:

Roslin. :D

Jeffala
June 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Roslin. :D

Does she get to keep her awesome if her hair grows back?

jelgate
June 15th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Does she get to keep her awesome if her hair grows back?Your level of awesomeness is directly porportionally to the amount of hair you have. Less hair= more awesome.

Jeffala
June 15th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I guess that means she'd doomed to either death or mediocrity.

And I feel better about my thinning hair now. Except for when I get sunburns on the top of my head. :-/

Briangate78
June 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Woolsey is going to likely be a winner next season. Meaning a lot of fans are going to enjoy the drama and conflicts. I've always loved to hate and hate to love Woolsey. It's a great opportunity to finally add some of that heavy drama like there was between Weir and the Military. This was truly lacking last season. There was so much stuff going on with the main team and the pegasus galaxy the leadership drama really did not have a chance to strike up conflict.

Jumper_One
June 15th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Woolsey is going to likely be a winner next season. Meaning a lot of fans are going to enjoy the drama and conflicts. I've always loved to hate and hate to love Woolsey. It's a great opportunity to finally add some of that heavy drama like there was between Weir and the Military. This was truly lacking last season. There was so much stuff going on with the main team and the pegasus galaxy the leadership drama really did not have a chance to strike up conflict.

which was ok imo because a lot of other stuff was going on. also I'm sure TBTB wanted to introduce some conflict in s5

Lord batchi ball
June 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM

I totally agree, last season just seemed to miss something and that somthing was essential to the show, conflict within the characters. Sure there was the minor conflicts like teyla and Rodney (at least minor IMHO). But the person in charge should at least provide some drama, no offence to Amanda but she just did not provide that. But like you said with Woosly there should be plenty of it, and that would be a great addition.

Briangate78
June 15th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I totally agree, last season just seemed to miss something and that somthing was essential to the show, conflict within the characters. Sure there was the minor conflicts like teyla and Rodney (at least minor IMHO). But the person in charge should at least provide some drama, no offence to Amanda but she just did not provide that. But like you said with Woosly there should be plenty of it, and that would be a great addition.

Well you had more conflicts within Sheppard's team like Sheppard and Ronon, Sheppard and Mckay, Teyla and Sheppard, Mckay and Ronon, and you get the idea. There was only one tension with a main character with Carter, and that was with Ronon. We did see another nice conflinct with Carter in the season's first half and guess who that was with? :p

Sp!der
June 16th, 2008, 04:03 AM
hey there,
I am really looking forward to his command in atlantis because as much as I love Samantha Carter, she did not really fit in the position of a command so I think Robert will do a great job.... it can only be better...

CazzBlade
June 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I think Woosley is a much better commander for the show than Carter. If this was real life (;)) then yeah, Carter would probably be by far the best candadate for the job but for a TV programme she was completely wrong, she didn't fit with the other characters. Whereas Woolsey won't step on anyone else's toes and can provide the conflict when needed and those unexpected touching moments.

My least favourite eps of Voyager were when they centered on the Doctor (or Seven) but I loved him in other characters eps and RP is a fantastic actor :D

Amalthea
June 16th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I am now officially looking forward to him now that those productions pics have been posted showing that they gave him REAL SHOES! I was very worried after those runners in the S4 season finale. lol

GateofDOOM
June 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Bring him on! Maybe Woolsey will help pull the focus back to the expedition and those pesky little ethical dilemma's. I know they tried in season four, but I don't think it flew too well.
Woolsey'll definitely bring a different viewpoint that will allow all the characters to argue with each other about what best to do! Carter more or less dictated decisions and nobody really ever argued with her.

I do miss the battles that used to occur between Sheppard/Weir and to a lesser extent McKay/Weir. Hopefully Woolsey can bring back that friction.

Whedonfanuk
June 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not to keen on his promo photos, but I think it will grow on me during the season, when he's been in uniform for a while. I've been a fan of Picardo since the Voyager days so I know I'm going to like him from the get go.

roll on July.

Forthestars
June 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I miss the Doc a lot; he was the only character on Voyager that grew and developed as the show progressed. If anything, I would contend Voyager's only overriding theme, other than sex, was him. His development into a sentient being capable of ethical and moral decision and the dramatic performance from Robert Picardo was truly amazing.

I am ambiguous about his Stargate character; he lacks the dry humor and bad bed side manner that made him interesting on Voyager. However, if anyone can pull off a good character; it has to be Robert Picardo. His flaws will in time be strengths and his attitude change from his antagonistic character in "Heroes par 1 and 2" have really made him more three dimensional.

Davidtourniquet
June 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I think Picardo plays Woolsey very well and I'm sure will be up to the challenge of leading atlantis. It'll be interesting to see him handle a situation again like the one with the 2 wraith ships in orbit that destroyed each other.