Stargate SG-1 - Video: Late Night with Conan O'Brien - June 12 '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 - Video: Late Night with Conan O'Brien - June 12 '08

The Late Night with Conan O'Brien show on June 12 '08 had another skit performance of "Nerding It Up With Pierre"...

a skit between Conan O'Brien and the show's graphic designer, Pierre Bernard, on a topic...of the current tomato salmonella scare in the United States, compared to events in Stargate SG-1, Star Wars and Pokemon.

*cough*

I've embedded a clip of the skit on my google blog (courtesy of HULU) at:

http://morjana-subductionleadstoorog...mon-video.html

And I'm working on a transcription for those GateWorld Members who may not need be able to view the clip (but I have to leave in a few minutes for a doctor's appt. so it may be a few hours until I can post it).

But the Stargate SG-1 reference is to the Ori plague from Stargate SG-1's season 9, where the Priors unleashed a plague in "The Fourth Horseman" and Orlin provided assistance.

I know...I know...who knew it could be compared to a tomato salmonella scare?

(Apparently Pierre and Conan!)

Morjana

EDIT: 6/13/08 @ 5:38 -- A transcription of the skit:

Conan: "I wanted to mention one of the big stories this week, everybody talking about the salmonella outbreak affecting certain type of tomatoes. It's been a big scare, a bunch of tomatoes affected by the salmonella outbreak. McDonald's, and other restaurants nationwide, have completely pulled tomatoes from their menu.

Well, everyone here on the show is very concerned about this. We often order food from local restaurants. We don't know which tomatoes are okay, which ones aren't. But there's one guy on our staff that doesn't care at all about this issue, I'm talking about one of our graphic designers, Pierre Bernard."

(Still photo of Pierre shown on TV. Audience claps and laughs.)

Conan: There he is. He just doesn't care. I thought we should bring Pierre out here, and find out about his lack of interest in this issue. So, here he is everybody, Pierre Bernard."

(Pierre enters the studio, audience cheers and claps.)

Conan: "Now, Pierre, is it true that you just don't care about the salmonella outbreak affecting the tomatoes?"

Pierre: "I couldn't care less, Conan."

Conan: "Okay. But you ARE very interested in scifi television shows and Japanese anime, is that correct?"

Pierre: "It's my life."

Conan: "Okay. Well, I had an idea. Maybe, I can make you interested in the tomato salmonella outbreak, by talking about it in terms you'd understand, in a little segment I'd like to call, "Nerding It Up For Pierre."

(Audience cheers)

Conan: "All right, Pierre. In order for you to understand which tomatoes to avoid, let's say that beefsteak and plum tomatoes are infected with evil, like Darth Vader in Star Wars episode 4, "A New Hope." But cherry tomatoes are like still young Anakin Skywalker in "Attack of the Clones," still unspoiled and unpoisoned by the Dark Side."

Pierre: "You mean like a Jedi Knight, cherry tomatoes have a high metachlorian count?"

(Audience laughs)

Conan: "Exactly. Yes. And this salmonella outbreak is like the sinister Ori plague launched by the Priors in season nine of Stargate SG-1."

Pierre: "The same plague that Orlin fought using his Ancient memory in 'The Fourth Horseman' episode?" (Very deadpan)

(Audience laughs)

Conan: (laughing) "Yes, Pierre. (laughing) So convincing. (Camera switches to Pierre, who is trying to keep from breaking up laughing.) The very one, as if you just read it! Ah...And the FDA is using its powers to defeat the tomatoes in the same way that a Pinkachu on Pokemon would use its electric tail shock to gather berries for monster trainer Ash."

Pierre: "Wow. I had no idea that a salmonella outbreak affecting only specific types of tomatoes could be so incredibly fascinating." (Very droll. Audience laughs)

Conan: "Well now, maybe you'll pay closer attention next time you're at your neighborhood McDonald's."

Pierre: "Actually Conan, I'm not allowed within 50 yards of my neighborhood McDonald's. The girls who work the shake machine took out a restraining order against me. So long everybody." (Waves goodbye to the audience, audience cheers and applauds.)

Conan: (laughing) "Could we send him to an improv class? (laughing) I'll pay for it!"
    Last edited by morjana; 14 June 2008, 10:45 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

You can also view the clip directly at Hulu at

http://www.hulu.com/watch/22851/late...008#s-p1-so-i0

just go to the 15 minute mark.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      You can also view the clip directly at Hulu at

http://www.hulu.com/watch/22851/late...008#s-p1-so-i0

just go to the 15 minute mark.
      Both links are just for folk in the US.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Websites like that tend to be proprietary due to legalities. I can't watch Canadian shows in the States on Canadian sites.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Weird, I live in Italy and I can watch the Hulu site
          sigpic
          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

I live in Italy too but i CAN'T watch it Frak...
            SGU: Their Only Mission is Survival

Indeed.
            Who knew that this was to take literally!

Forever my team:

Comment

Originally posted by Siba View Post
              I live in Italy too but i CAN'T watch it Frak...
              Well, um, unless you're a huge Conon O'Brien fan, you're not missing a lot unless you're interested in tomatoes

Comment

Working...
              X