Battle strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle strategy

Here's an idea: let's equip all the nukes on the 304's with Sodan cloaking devices (or any type of cloaking device for that matter). It would make it a lot easier to destroy or disable an enemy ship (especially Wraith ships... no shields). We have Sodan cloaking devices, the Asgard Database and a matter convertor... in theory we should be able to make our own cloaking devices. Right ?

Going wiht the "strategy":

When facing off with a hive ship, stay behind it, where it can't shot you.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      When facing off with a hive ship, stay behind it, where it can't shot you.
      Same with the ORI toilet ship.

We have discussed such application in other threads.

Personally I would like to see a claoking/phase device on a 304 maybe something that can cloak in hyperspace so it can't be detected in hyperspace (Assurans detected Daedalus in hyperspace, Asgard can detect hyperspace activity).
      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I think we only have 14 cloaking devices and you need basic blueprints to make something in the matter converters. We have no clue how to make cloaking devices so we couldn't make any.

Best thing to do is to get some alkesh or tel'tac's and have them come close de-cloak and take out the hives hyperdrive and if possible take out their weapons systems.

Then a 304 comes in with the beams and takes them out.
        Visit my Website

Comment

I'm assuming you mean to cloak the missiles that have nukes at the tip and not the nukes that are in the armory to be beamed in.

If that is the case, and the missiles are cloaked, wouldn't the Wraith just start intercepting the smoke trail of the missiles?

Check out my idea (MSG 8376226) @ this post HERE

Comment

Originally posted by mago1978 View Post
            I'm assuming you mean to cloak the missiles that have nukes at the tip and not the nukes that are in the armory to be beamed in.

If that is the case, and the missiles are cloaked, wouldn't the Wraith just start intercepting the smoke trail of the missiles?

Check out my idea (MSG 8376226) @ this post HERE
            Thing is, is the 302 capable of carrying that weight to fit a cloak/hyperdrive to the 302 plus a large enough nuke to destroy a hive/toilet ship? It would'nt be very easy to fly especially if launching from the surface. Aeronautics is a very fine tuned science in itself. You would need to comepletly redesign the 302 and after its alterations it won't be a 302 anymore.

You would be better using the sheilds on from a jumper on the 302 instead of the hyperdrive then it can cloak and fight its way in.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              Thing is, is the 302 capable of carrying that weight to fit a cloak/hyperdrive to the 302 plus a large enough nuke to destroy a hive/toilet ship? It would'nt be very easy to fly especially if launching from the surface. Aeronautics is a very fine tuned science in itself. You would need to comepletly redesign the 302 and after its alterations it won't be a 302 anymore.

You would be better using the sheilds on from a jumper on the 302 instead of the hyperdrive then it can cloak and fight its way in.
              The original 302 had a hyperdrive engine.

As far as room for a cloak goes, keep in mind that the 302 has been turned into a drone, NO PILOTS. There is this huge cockpit for 2 now not been used.

And finally the nuke. If detonated inside the shields, I believe that even the least powerful nuke in the arsenal would destroy a mothership, but the 302 can carry huge loads (remember the Gate it took to space?), so the largest nukes could also be possibly used.

Comment

get a 302 with a single nuke missile

Comment

As far as room for a cloak goes, keep in mind that the 302 has been turned into a drone, NO PILOTS. There is this huge cockpit for 2 now not been used.

And finally the nuke. If detonated inside the shields, I believe that even the least powerful nuke in the arsenal would destroy a mothership, but the 302 can carry huge loads (remember the Gate it took to space?), so the largest nukes could also be possibly used.
                  When did this happen?

AFAIK 302s have always had pilots!

I agree that a Nuke wouldn own pretty much anything as long as it could get past the shields, with the obvious exception being a Hive as it has extremely strong armour to compensate for lack of shields.

Remember, the 302 couldn't get the gate all the way in to space. It was hauled up on top of another plane and then let go, where it got to the edges of space but couldn't break free from Earth's gravity, so I'd say it's maximum load in atmosphere would be several tonnes less than the Stargate's 29 metric tonne weight.
                  If we are only talking about space, weight is only an issue as far as maneuverability goes as there is no gravity.

Comment

How big will the Un-man'd technology will be as of yet we can't build drones so using there guidance systems are out. I don't know if they pulled the hyperdive out of the 302 when it didn't work but even then you need a good powersource, engines, cloak, hyperdrive, unmanned sensors/computer to run the calulations for hyperspace bursts. If we use these aswell the Wraith have taken over 302's before all it would take is them to use there brilliant computer skills and they've got a very dangerous weapon if used on a 304. Also were only fighting the Wraith atm and it would be cheaper just to make a hyperspace capable nuke missle as it would save more resources than your 302's.

Comment

a 302 can easily carry 1/2 nuclear missiles. enough to take out a hive via its dart bays

Comment

Answering a few of the past posts:

1st - A drone is piloted remotely and not automatically by the inboard computer.

2nd - My choice of a 302 over a missile with a hyper-drive engine was made because the 302 is more maneuverable and has more space for new systems when the pilots are removed.

3rd - I mentioned the episode in which the 302 was capable of flying with a stargate attached to show that it would be capable of delivering a nuke. I doubt very much that any nuke in the arsenal will ever weigh more than 1/5 of the stargate

4th - In the 1st World War the US Army had at its disposal what, at the time, was considered the best automatic rifle in the world, however the American soldiers never got it, instead they received a French made rifle, a rifle that turned out to be one huge disaster, in fact one of the worst rifles ever made.

The decision to keep the weapon from the soldiers was made because the Army was afraid that the Germans would get there hands on the weapon and produce it them selfs. Their decision cost thousands of lives over the war.

To have the ability to produce a weapon that will give you the advantage, that will help destroy the enemy faster and not do it because maybe the enemy will do the same, will only result in more of your soldiers dying in the long run.

Besides, since the 302s would be cloaked, all the Wraith would see is their ships exploding around them.

Comment

Working...
                        X