Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earlier S1-S4 episodes as SE DVD movies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier S1-S4 episodes as SE DVD movies?

If we don't get new SG-1 movies in 2009, I hope they will remake or reedit a better season 1-4 episode like they did it with COTG. We can't expect that they will release ever a HD version of a complete season, because it would cost too much. So which episodes can you image as a newly re-edited and CGI upgraded DVD movie? Does it need to be a two parter to make a successful SE or can an only 42 minutes episode be equivalent with a longer DVD movie? Or would you like to see an extended episode with new scenes?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I think it does need to be a 2 parter, I wouldn't pay £10-£15 for 42 minutes, it would have to have one hell of alot of special features. Heck I'm still debating to get COTG SE, as I payed for the "old" version.

There's not really that many 2-parters they could do this with, WTSG and TSL don't really need improving, they knew what they were doing at this point and there's no obvious flaws like in COTG. JM and TDYK was just amazing so that would be out of the question. Nemesis and SV were quite well done. The one that is a bit disappointing is OoM and ITF, but I don't see them releasing this SE because the first episode was a clip show and know one in their right mind would buy it.

If there's any 2 parters from the first 4 seasons I missed out it doesn't matter, I don't see them making a SE of anything other than COTG.

The show was still finding it's feet, so there were understanable flaws in it that can be corrected.Also nearly every 2 parter after that was (in my opinion) well done, so no need to improve it (I don't think they'll release single episodes as DVD). Also they're aren't any REALLY BIG episodes early on, it wouldn't be worth redoing them, and probably wouldn't make that much money

All that being said I think they're maybe a very small chance of a "Season 1 SE" box set, with all the episodes re-done. If they are determined to remake every episode it will likely sell more than single episodes released on DVD. (BRAD AND OR ROBERT IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT GET IDEAS, I THINK IT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE IDEA)

If, in 10 years time Brad or Robert decide to do a "Lost City", "Rising", "Reckoning/Threads" SEs (the big episodes)..... SOMEONE NEEDS TO SHOOT THEM. I can understand why they are doing it with COTG, but those were well done and should be left alone.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The Seige would be perfect imo.

Comment

Leave the show as it is. I'm all for editting the nude scene out of "Children of the Gods," but leave the rest of the series alone. Re-editting just isn't necessary. It is what it is. They need to focus their attention on Atlantis, not re-editting old SG-1 episodes.

Comment

That's a nice contradiction you've got there.

Comment

The better picture quality can be a good reason for a new season 1-4 edition. And if we didn't get new SG-1 movies, than at least they can re-edit an older episode. I know it isn't a very good idea, but better than nothing.

I always wanted to see a changed Asgard first contact scene in Fifth Race. They should make a new gate with Asgard symbols.

Or they should make a such DVD movie, where they change a subject, than they re-use some part or the whole earlier episode(s), but they make also new scenes as a storyteller will give us new details. I could imagine an Asgard, Nox, Tollan, Aschen, Abydos or Chulak "movie".

If we count with the later season, maybe the best guess could be a Lost City SE DVD, where they ad Mitchell's scenes from Avalon. But it would be also too similar to Continuum, so I think it won't happen.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'd be much happier if they focused on Atlantis/more SG-1 films.

Clearly, as evidenced by the fact that they seem to want to exercise self-censorship now (newsflash TPTB: you could've done that on the first DVD release of the ep, you weren't under ShowTime anymore), the COTG SE is going to be a failure. If they're willing to take the George Lucas route where anything is fair game for "modification", any hope for redone old episodes is lost. I don't expect that any other effort re: SE episodes would be any more successful.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
              X