Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Continuum - MGM Stargate: Director's Cut: Continuum (Pt. 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Continuum - MGM Stargate: Director's Cut: Continuum (Pt. 1)

From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=86

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Director's Cut: Continuum (Pt. 1)

June 12, 2008 (General)

As Stargate Continuum gets closer and closer to launch, director Martin Wood talks about the fun he had fitting 11 years of history into one excellent adventure.

Photo courtesy of MGM Stargate

“The whole thing for us was to make the biggest Stargate that’s ever been made aside from the original feature,” says Wood, of what exactly he wanted to achieve in making Stargate Continuum. “The biggest that we could in the time and with the money that we had.”

Few could argue that the veteran director has failed to achieve his ambition. After all, Continuum stretches from the icy expanses of the Arctic ocean right into the farthest reaches of the stars – and also gives viewers a very definite idea of ‘what might have been’, if not for SG-1 as we know it. Continuum is a classic Stargate SG-1 adventure, and the director is in no doubt as to what makes it such.

“The team that we had,” he says immediately. “Having Richard Dean Anderson in the show, having our core team, and getting to have everybody back. It was so funny because all the people that I’ve worked with for 11 years were standing on the set and I was saying, ‘I did three shows with you and five shows with you and a season with you…’ It was such a classic Brad Wright run-and-jump-and -sit-and-cry type of story, that makes it classic SG-1 immediately, and then having that team and all those characters back – it will remind everybody what’s happened over the last eleven years. I think that’s part of the brilliance of Brad Wright and Robert Cooper when they write these things – Brad is so intimately aware of 11 years of evolution.”

**snippage**

In the next installment, Martin Wood tells us about filming in the Arctic circle for those memorable icy scenes!

Story by Sharon Gosling

[Visit MGM.com]

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

thanks, another great interview
    It was just, from the beginning to the end, the most brilliant Stargate I’ve had a chance to do. And I have lots of favorites, but Continuum is my favorite.
    sounds great
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks,Morjana.

An interesting read .Looking forward to part two !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=86

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)
        lovely interview. can't wait for part two.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting that Morjana!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
            In the next installment, Martin Wood tells us about filming in the Arctic circle for those memorable icy scenes!
            Looking foward to this!
            Thanks morjana!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
              X