This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanks for President...of Atlantis

I was just watching ‘New Order’ and think the character of Daniel Jackson would be a viable leader figure on Atlantis.

• He has been ascended, twice, so has a grasp of ancient rules and the ancients kind of like him. Before anybody says he can't remember his time ascended, i know; but its still in there and would you not agree he is an authority on the subject?!

• He’s a non-military character that has negotiated with multiple races throughout the Milky Way galaxy

• He learns spoken and written languages rather quickly

There are more, feel free to add more…

While he may be prowling through the Asgard interface/ library he has to be better than Woolsy.

Your thoughts…

sigpic

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    I was just watching ‘New Order’ and think the character of Daniel Jackson would be a viable leader figure on Atlantis.

• He has been ascended, twice, so has a grasp of ancient rules and the ancients kind of like him. Before anybody says he can't remember his time ascended, i know; but its still in there and would you not agree he is an authority on the subject?!

• He’s a non-military character that has negotiated with multiple races throughout the Milky Way galaxy

While he may be prowling through the Asgard interface/ library he has to be better than Woolsy.

Your thoughts…
    As much as I love Dear Dr. Jackson, he's not leadership material. He's become sort of Mary-Sue ish in some ways.

Chuck would be the perfect leader of Atlantis. Yes, Chuck.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I agree. He should be there as a leader of expedition instead of Woolsey
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
        As much as I love Dear Dr. Jackson, he's not leadership material. He's become sort of Mary-Sue ish in some ways.

what or who is Mary-Sue? I've seen thin in several threads
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          what or who is Mary-Sue? I've seen thin in several threads
          Mary Sue
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              Do you something to back that up. I don't trust wikipedia.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Daniel is not a leader. He is not qualified to be the overseer of scientific and military operations in atlantis. woolsey is qualified.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

He's a hell of a lot more qualified than Weir ever was.

Comment

No.

Daniel's experiences do NOT add up to qualifications as the Atlantis mission commander.

His experiences as a negotiator (for example, "Divide and Conquer,' or "Learning Curve"), put his skills more in the appeaser category.

Weir, who learned to bluff from watching her father's games ("New Order, Part One), had a reputation for being a tough negotiator.

Plus, Daniel (due to his theories on the Egyptian pyramids), doesn't have the full respect of his archeology peers.

Woolsey also has the reputation, the working experience, to be the new Atlantis mission commander.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      He's a hell of a lot more qualified than Weir ever was.
                      Not really. Weir had diplomatic and leadership experience. Unlike Daniel, she actually brokered several treaties (the writer's must have forgotten about that when writing her character). Daniel is the most qualified to be in Atlantis, but not the leader. Would you put Daniel in charge of the SGC?
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Are you kidding? If there was a Mary Sue on Stargate certainly wasn't Daniel...

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        No.

Plus, Daniel (due to his theories on the Egyptian pyramids), doesn't have the full respect of his archeology peers.

Woolsey also has the reputation, the working experience, to be the new Atlantis mission commander.

Morjana
                        But Daniel doesn't need that, 'cause in Atlantis they know that his theories were rigth! And I don't think that Woolsey deserves more respect than Daniel or, better, that Atlantis crew respect him more than Daniel. Plus Daniel has 10 + 2 Stargate's years of training....
                        Last edited by madaboutdanny; 09 June 2008, 05:27 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          Not really. Weir had diplomatic and leadership experience. Unlike Daniel, she actually brokered several treaties (the writer's must have forgotten about that when writing her character). Daniel is the most qualified to be in Atlantis, but not the leader. Would you put Daniel in charge of the SGC?
                          And doom the planet? I wouldn't.

Comment

Your thoughts…
                            Those examples show that he is more than capable to be a member of the expedition but not a leader. He is not the leadership type anymore than Rodney.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Daniel a Mary Sue? Uh if anyone qualifies for that it certainly is not Daniel.

LMAO yeah sure he is...
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X