This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's replacement - old face or new ?

Will they bring an old face in to replace Sam or will they create a new character?

Whilst on the subject It's a shame AT is leaving the show but to be honest Sam Carter really did'nt do anything while she was there, she did'nt get much screen time and she is not cut out to be an expedition leader sat behind a desk that's just not the Sam Carter we know.

I'd like to see Hammond or Landrey get the job, let's hope they don't promote from within or that will be another character behind a desk and wasted.
    I WILL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND

Erm...

Do you want to be spoiled, or did you make this thread purely for speculation purposes?

Comment

Woolsey is replacing Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Woolsey is replacing Carter.
        And I'm not that pessimistic about it. If you consider his behavior in the past, he's been the strongest advocate possible for whatever his assignment was.

When he was assigned an oversight role to the SGC, he went after the duty like a bulldog and that's why he is pretty thoroughly reviled by the fans.

I think that, given his responsibility for the people of Atlantis and the success for the mission, he'll pursue his duties with the same zeal that made him hated by everyone and I think it'll turn out okay.

Comment

I believed Woolsey was the proper person who should have replaced Dr. Weir. In fact, Woolsey has the expertise that Weir was supposed to have, as far as political and diplomatic negotiations. I think Atlantis could have been much more interesting if it had included the political dynamic from the start.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            I believed Woolsey was the proper person who should have replaced Dr. Weir. In fact, Woolsey has the expertise that Weir was supposed to have, as far as political and diplomatic negotiations. I think Atlantis could have been much more interesting if it had included the political dynamic from the start.
            I'm with you on that.

Also, I'm hoping that TPTB don't shy away from writing in some conflict between Woolsey and the "established" characters (sorta like with Caldwell and Weir in the earlier seasons).

The way they wrote in Keller has a bit worried, however.

Comment

were did it say she was leaving...that sucks no more carter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                were did it say she was leaving...that sucks no more carter
                Well, as early as Feb. 5 it's been known that Woolsey's going to be the new leader.

Carter out, Woolsey in for fifth season of Stargate Atlantis - TV Squad

And it's been understood since she was brought in that Tapping would only be on Atlantis full time for one season. She had one season left on her contract so they had to either buy her out or use her on Atlantis. That's how I understand it, at least.

Comment

i new she had 1 year left didnt know if they was gona resign or what but this sux
                  sigpic

Comment

I think that Woolsey will do a good job,, assuming he can learn to be a little more decisive and not give a darn about what the IOA has to say.
                    The actor has shown the ability as the Doctor on STV, so I think he will do just fine. Worse thing that happens is they kill him off and nobody cares. I would prefer a more Hammond or Landry type though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

And it's been understood since she was brought in that Tapping would only be on Atlantis full time for one season. She had one season left on her contract so they had to either buy her out or use her on Atlantis. That's how I understand it, at least.
                      I don't think so. The producers expected her to return, but after Sanctuary got greenlighted, they changed their plans.

Comment

I'm going to give Woolsey a fair shot. I think there is a good chance, after this next season is over, a lot more people will like and respect his character.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          I don't think so. The producers expected her to return, but after Sanctuary got greenlighted, they changed their plans.
                          I always forget about Sanctuary. I watched a few of the episodes on YouTube and thought it was interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            Well, as early as Feb. 5 it's been known that Woolsey's going to be the new leader.

Carter out, Woolsey in for fifth season of Stargate Atlantis - TV Squad

As I understand it they wanted Tapping to return full time for Season 5 but Tapping decided on Sanctuary over Atlantis once Sanctuary got the go ahead & that forced the writers to find a replacement

Comment

Looks like some of us are taking spoilers for granted.
                              My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Working...
                              X