Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gatecon 2004: Exclusive Photos (Warning: 600Kb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatecon 2004: Exclusive Photos (Warning: 600Kb)

Here are some stray images I managed to collect at Gatecon 2004! Because I was shooting dv most of the time I didn't have the chance to pick up my camera, but I did get around to a few!

The next post exceeds 550kb, so anyone with a 56k connection has been warned.

Please to not reprint these images without written permission to [email protected].

Enjoy

All Images Copyright GateWorld.net
    All Images by David Read
    Last edited by David; 03 November 2004, 12:10 PM.

Don and Teryl take the stage!

Teryl types to five fans accross the Internet who have won an auction to speak with her while Richard Pasco, one of Gatecon's chiefs, makes sure time is allotted equally to the online participants.

Amanda Tapping

Michael Shanks

Amanda with fellow cast member Christopher Judge

SG-1

Amanda with Chris

Michael

Alex Zahara (Iron Shirt ((additional Unas)), Michael, X'els, Warrick, additional Kull Warriors, et al), Doug Arthurs (Heru'ur), Brent Stait (Ferretti)

Dan Payne (Kull Warriors, basically anything oversized), Andrew Kavadas (Olaf) Frida Betrani (Lya)

Alex and Doug

Last edited by David; 03 November 2004, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Very cool thank you David
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Nice pics, David. If I could ever be bothered to spend money on a decent camera, I could probably get some nice ones, too, but pic taking isn't a priority to me. Fortunately, I know there are guys like you running around getting the shots I can't. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

It helps to have a good seat in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            It helps to have a good seat in the house.
            Yeah, yeah, rub it in.

Comment

Michael Shanks has excellent taste in beer.

Comment

Another great set of pictures David. Thanks very much.
                sigpic

Comment

How 'bout some names to go with the faces? Not everyone can identify everyone on sight, ya know.

Yes, I know Amanda, Don, Chris and Mike... and I know some of the others, but I also get a lot of them mixed up...

Plus there are all the poor buggers who weren't there at all.

Comment

OKOK, when I'm at work tonight I'll fix 'em up

Comment

Thankies, David.

It's not like I like cracking the whip or anything (*ahem* wrong thread for that). I just gotta make sure I keep you on your toes.

It's all for the good of the fans... honest.

Comment

i'm sure you recognize teryl and don, and behind teryl while she's typing, that's Richard, one of the C4

the 3 guys, one with the kilt - alex zahara (tons of characters, mostly aliens), douglas arthurs (might have misspelled that, he's heru'ur) and brent stait (ferretti and he was also rev bem <?> on andromeda)

below that is dan payne, aka big honkin super soldier, one dude i can't remember, and frida bertrini (which i also can't spell, Lya the nox)

dougie is a great guy, fantastic personality. y ou just have to watch it if Davey Palffey is around (anubis) those two men together.....oh my. not only is the scenery fine but they're ornry as all get out
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Skydiver. I knew I could count on you to be a know-it-all.

Will second the warning of danger when Davey and Dougie are together. I consider myself very lucky to have avoided them thus far. Not that I've heard anyone complain about them, of course. hehe

Comment

True story:

Mom was out next to the pool, tanning, apparently looking radiant as ever, when Doug Arthurs comes by and notices her. He approaches and asks if he may kiss her hand. "Huh?" Mom asks, curiously, while four Stargate fanfemales sit in a hot tub near by, saying "You're more than welcome to kiss our hands!"

Doug turns to them and says "I only kiss women who like getting tans." While they continue to goat him, hoping he'll come over, he turns back to mom who kindly smiles and blows him off in the sweetest way.

"He had the most beautiful teeth!" she said to me later. She pointed him out to me among a sea of people, and sure enough it was Doug. Mom, who is only one of the most casual fans, had no clue who he was.

Comment

I swear that is always the way it happens, the person least interested is the one that attracts attention. Good for your mom David.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X