PDA

View Full Version : What are you most/least looking forward to?

SGFerrit
June 6th, 2008, 10:00 AM
So, now that the premiere is just over a month away, and we have pretty solid information on more than half the episodes, which are you most looking forward to, and which episodes are you least looking forward to? You can rate episodes from most anticipated to least if you wish, like I have done below.

I personally think it is a pretty good line up this year, it looks like an even better line up than last year with better ideas at the start of the back half following the two parter, it was a bit slow last year after SoW and didn't pick up again until Midway. Too many fillers, I thought they were good but there were too many at once. This year, for possibly the first time, it looks like they will have a stronger start to the back half with more story relevant episodes.

-Most Anticipated-
The Lost Tribe
Daedalus Variations
The Queen
Ghost In The Machine
Prodigal
The Shrine
Whispers
Search And Rescue
Inquisition
Outsiders
Broken Ties
Tracker
-Least Anticipated-

I made that list yesterday, and actually found it very hard to do. And as I said last night, I'm actually quite looking forward to Tracker, more than I was looking forward to Tabula Rasa last year, and that turned out great, so I'd say the fact that an episode I'm quite looking forward to is my LEAST anticipated bodes very well.

(Sorry if this type of thread has been done for season 5, I searched but couldn't find anything):)

g.o.d
June 6th, 2008, 10:06 AM
asgard

that's all

Briangate78
June 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I am looking forward to most of the season. Some really good eps, especially the 2 part mid-season eps with Daniel Jackson. I am also looking forward to seeing what they do with Michael and how they save Teyla and her child. I am also looking forward to the return of Carson Beckett and how they will write him back into the show.

I am not too crazy about this love triangle thingy. SG writers have not really written romance and shipping in the past, so I will be cautious with that. Still will not make a judgement until I actually watch it.

Oh and most of all, what g.o.d. said. I was overly thrilled to hear about that because they were my favorite aliens in SG-1!

jenks
June 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
-Most Anticipated-
Search And Rescue
First Contact
The Lost Tribe
Daedalus Variations
The Shrine
Whispers
Prodigal
Inquisition
Outsiders
Ghost In The Machine
The Queen
Broken Ties
Tracker
-Least Anticipated-

SGFerrit
June 6th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm also looking forward to the fillers/non-arc related episodes being on par or perhaps even better than the real eps for a change! I'd say it is possible with what we have heard so far.

Daedalus Variations and The Shrine seem to me to be the only episodes really like this in Season 5 so far, all the other episodes seem to have some sort of importance in terms of either character arcs or story arcs. They both sound great IMO, both very different but both great.

I'm discounting The Seed from all of this as we know suprisingly little about it and I think it would be hard to form a valid opinion from what we do know. That could likely be a filler/non arc episode too, but I guess you could say it ties in with the 'return of Carson' arc.

Briangate78
June 6th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm also looking forward to the fillers/non-arc related episodes being on par or perhaps even better than the real eps for a change! I'd say it is possible with what we have heard so far.

Daedalus Variations and The Shrine seem to me to be the only episodes really like this in Season 5 so far, all the other episodes seem to have some sort of importance in terms of either character arcs or story arcs. They both sound great IMO, both very different but both great.

I'm discounting The Seed from all of this as we know suprisingly little about it and I think it would be hard to form a valid opinion from what we do know. That could likely be a filler/non arc episode too, but I guess you could say it ties in with the 'return of Carson' arc.

The Seed is going to surprise a lot of people, since hardly any spoilers were released.

I think DV and The Shrine are going to be some fan favorites. DV looks like a Farscape-esc type episode and The Shrine is going to show how good an actor DH can be it would seem.

TBA
June 6th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Hmmm....

Most anticipated
The Lost Tribe
First Contact
Daedalus Variations
Inquisition
The Queen
Search and Rescue
Ghost in the Machine
Outsiders
The Seed
The Prodigal
Broken Ties
Whispers
Tracker
The Shrine
Least anticipated

Linda06
June 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I'm most looking forward to the queen and prodigal...I'm least looking forward to yet another "emotional" ep for Rodney the shrine :S

And i am most definately not looking forward to this supposed "love triangle".

I am reserving judgement on the all girly team till i see it though!

jelgate
June 6th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Teyla looking like a Wraith. Need I say more. Todd episodes are always good:D

DesertFox2020
June 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
this supposed "love triangle".

Sorry, what? I'm not all caught up with spoilers yet.

Linda06
June 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Sorry, what? I'm not all caught up with spoilers yet.

Don't read if you don't wanna know ;)There's supposed to be some sort of love triangle between Ronon,Keller and Rodney :S

GateLadyM
June 6th, 2008, 11:30 AM
"The Queen" is the only one that sounds half-way entertaining to me, mainly because it deals with Teyla and Todd. Poor Teyla gets gyped by TPTB constantly and it will be good to see her get some quality air-time.

Least:

Anything with Keller. . .and the infamous love triangle. I was going to buy a barf bucket, but decided my TV remote would be more useful when these scenes appear.

Irish Eyes
June 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm also not up to speed on specific episodes so generally:

Looking forward to:

Daniel in Atlantis
Seeing Carson again

Not looking forward to:

The shippy triangle
J/T (unless I can view it as friendship)
GitM

Reserving judgment on:

The all-girl team

I need to go read some spoilers...

SGFerrit
June 6th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Don't read if you don't wanna know ;)There's supposed to be some sort of love triangle between Ronon,Keller and Rodney :S

Which will more than likely be a few vague comments, a bit of tension between Ronon and McKay, and perhaps a kiss or two spaced out across the season, taking up all of about 5 to 10 minutes overall.

Jumper_One
June 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I'm very much looking forward to S&R, DV, Whispers, FC, TLT, Inquisition, Remnants and the 100th ep but honestly every single ep sounds great imo
Sam's in two eps, Michael's back and he's still obsessed with Teyla's baby, Carson's in five eps, Woolsey should be a very different but interesting base administrator, Daniel and some Asgard willl show up in the mid-season two-parter. what else? oh yeah, Todd's back too and the team will encounter a new enemy...
is it july yet? :D

pilgrim soul
June 6th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Which will more than likely be a few vague comments, a bit of tension between Ronon and McKay, and perhaps a kiss or two spaced out across the season, taking up all of about 5 to 10 minutes overall.

I think you're right, chances are at the end of the season we'll look back and wonder what we were all worrying about. It'll get a few mentions here and there but it won't take up any considerable screen time and to be honest I'd rather see time spent on Ronon, Keller and Rodney than trying to force a romance else where.

As for what I'm looking forward to: well the season premiere obviously, JM promised space battles in The Daedalus Variations which will always win me over, The Shrine has a the potential to be wonderful and Whispers sounds like a great deal of fun.

I think they're probably the four episodes I'm looking forward to the most right now.

Pic
June 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I think you're right, chances are at the end of the season we'll look back and wonder what we were all worrying about. It'll get a few mentions here and there but it won't take up any considerable screen time and to be honest I'd rather see time spent on Ronon, Keller and Rodney than trying to force a romance else where.

One can hope.

I'm looking forward to Daniel.
I'm looking forward to more Teyla.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Woolsey.
I'm looking forward to more Keller, but am probably in the minority.
I'm actually just looking forward to new episodes in general.

silly sally
June 6th, 2008, 01:08 PM
The only thing I'm interested in is how they dealt with Sam leaving and what's Sam's new position

DONNA BOOTH
June 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I guess im looking forward to
The Queen
Prodigal
Outsiders as it sounds like an awesme Team Episode

Egle01
June 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm interested in "Search and Rescue", mid season eps with Daniel... And overall to see Woolsey as a new commander. Yeah, and hopefully one ep with Sam in later eps. That love triangular thing... seems to be a bit off.

DONNA BOOTH
June 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Im hating the Whole love Triangle thing makes me want to Barf

naamiaiset
June 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM
looking forward to "the queen", "broken ties" and the mid-season two parter the most.

not looking forward to a love triangle, woolsey (unless his character changes, which it seems it will), and I'm undecided on an asgard appearance. to me, it seems a little pointless to bring one back just to (most likely) kill him soon after.

jenks
June 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I have no interest in seeing the love triangle to be honest, but something tells me it's probably being blown out of all proportion...

jelgate
June 6th, 2008, 01:37 PM
When aren't things blown out of proportion here?

Briangate78
June 6th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I have no interest in seeing the love triangle to be honest, but something tells me it's probably being blown out of all proportion...

When aren't things blown out of proportion here?

You mean like the Jason Momoa leaving in 2 years if he even leaves at all kinda out of proportion? Gotta love the internet fandom. :S

kali1
June 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Looking forward to: Seeing more Lorne in S5

Not looking forward to: The romance story lines and the Barbie Team

jelgate
June 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Remember that time that newspaper article was saying Sheppard would replace Carter as head of Atlantis. It was clearly false and yet it was blown out of proportion here.

Briangate78
June 6th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Remember that time that newspaper article was saying Sheppard would replace Carter as head of Atlantis. It was clearly false and yet it was blown out of proportion here.

Yup. It's headlines my friend. People will see something and not even read between the lines let alone the actual article. :S

rens14
June 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I am looking foward to the asgard, daniel, micheal, todd, beckett, woolsey
and not to the love triangle

Platschu
June 7th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I think the The Queen, The mid-season two parter, Daedalus Variations will be the best in the season. Tracker, Search and Rescue and Whispers seems to be only an "average" episode. :o

But I have to say, that almost every episode seems to be interesting. When I read the spoilers for season 4, I knew some episode won't be my favorite. But now I think Atlantis will step out from the shadow of SG-1 and they will have their best season. I can hope only it won't be the last. ;)

magie
June 7th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Looking forward to:

- Woolsey as the new commander : he'll bring conflict and he'll make mistakes. It's going to be both fun and interesting to watch,
- Daniel in Atlantis : at last !!!
- Seeing Carson again. Someone who can act and who can convey so much with his eyes. I wish he would stay for the whole season.

Not looking forward to:

- Keller and Mackay,
- Keller and Ronon,
- Keller and Sheppard (more scenes apparently between them?)
- Keller's amazing new skills.

GateofDOOM
June 7th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Looking Forward to...
-The Shrine
-Daedalus Variations
-The McKay and Jackson Speed Talk hour (Who will reign supreme? Should we make bets!??!?)

NOT
-the continuation of plot lines from season four.
-Love triangle (Maybe all this talk of love triangleness is an attempt to de-sensitize us all to it in advance? That's why all the interviews I'm seeing mention it now right? Right?!)
-More on base shipping (cause then it might continue to the next week! I'm okay with the "alien-girl of the week" though. Yeah, I know, it's a weird opinion).

Egle01
June 7th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Looking forward to: Seeing more Lorne in S5

Not looking forward to: The romance story lines and the Barbie Team

A what? Doesn't sound good. :S

TBA
June 7th, 2008, 04:06 AM

But it definately looks good :D

Egle01
June 7th, 2008, 04:10 AM
But it definately looks good :D

But what is it? :confused:

TBA
June 7th, 2008, 04:12 AM
It's a team full of wonderful wonder-women :D

Egle01
June 7th, 2008, 04:14 AM
It's a team full of wonderful wonder-women :D

Really? :eek: Are you sure? Oh, Jeebus. What ep?

SGFerrit
June 7th, 2008, 04:20 AM

It's an all woman team that people have decided to ridicule straight off the bat as opposed to seeing what they are like first. Sad, I know.

Egle01
June 7th, 2008, 04:23 AM
It's an all woman team that people have decided to ridicule straight off the bat as opposed to seeing what they are like first. Sad, I know.

To say the least. :(

bluealien
June 7th, 2008, 04:26 AM

I agree. It's probably getting blown way out of porportion and won't amount to anything more than about 5-10 minutes screentime over the entire season, so I'm really not that bothered by it at all.

My most anticipated eps are ...
Search and Rescue.
Broken Ties.
The Seed
The Queen
Prodigal
Outsiders
Inquisition

My least anticipated eps are...

Whispers
The Shrine

stclare
June 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM
You mean like the Jason Momoa leaving in 2 years if he even leaves at all kinda out of proportion? Gotta love the internet fandom. :S

I truly hope it is being blown out of proportion, but I wonder why JM,JM,DH & JS all mentioned this triangle if its so small and insignificant why all the mentions? I dont belive on these occasions any of them have been misquoted. so although it could be that there all pulling our collective legs, I still feel the need (in the appropriate places) to bemoan the triangle of doom.

This is one instance where im praying that your right and im horribly,horibly wrong.

Looking forward to;

The Shrine.

Reiko
June 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
» Looking Forward to: Carson.
» Dreading: EVerything else.

Klenotka
June 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I am looking forward The Shrine. Both Hewletts, it´s a very good combination. David H could finally get some normal text and chance to act, not just technobabble and panic. Not mentioning the McKay whump :D

The least - Teyla and her baby storyline.

g.o.d
June 7th, 2008, 11:17 AM
The least - Teyla and her baby storyline.

I'm shocked!!!! :eek: :D

Briangate78
June 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I truly hope it is being blown out of proportion, but I wonder why JM,JM,DH & JS all mentioned this triangle if its so small and insignificant why all the mentions? I dont belive on these occasions any of them have been misquoted. so although it could be that there all pulling our collective legs, I still feel the need (in the appropriate places) to bemoan the triangle of doom.

This is one instance where im praying that your right and im horribly,horibly wrong.

Looking forward to;

The Shrine.

When I see it, I will then make judgement on it.

Lythisrose
June 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Looking forward to: Space Ships
Dreading: Relation "Ships"
:):(

Kezia
June 7th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Really excited about:
Search & Rescue (it's the premiere!)
The Queen (Teyla as a Wraith Queen! and more Todd!)
FC/TLT (Need I say more?)

Overall, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how Woolsey settles in at Atlantis

Somewhat looking forward to:
The Seed (Carson's back! :D)
Broken Ties (more Tyre!)
The Shrine (I hope all the hype over it pays off)
Whispers (while I don't approve of the concept of an all-female team as "gender balancing", I want to watch this ep before passing judgment on the actresses themselves. the premise of the ep is somewhat interesting)

Not all that psyched about:
Daedalus Variations (seriously, didn't we have this same ep about 20 times in SG-1? :P)
Ghost in the Machine
Everything after TLT (so far)

Dreading:
Tracker, 'nuff said.

SGFerrit
June 8th, 2008, 04:25 AM

Yes, I'm looking forward to that too. Seeing the new races, new tech and new ships should make a nice change a refresh the show a bit, and considering we have lots of Wraith too it's not like we can complain that the new races will be stealing their screentime like with the Asurans.

I liked what they did with the Asurans closer to the end of their story, where they interlinked them with the Wraith. It looks like the same thing will happen right off the bat now, with the Lost Tribe at least.

FireCat
June 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I can't fathom why Keller was made a reg. She has already had more development than Teyla in four years! Just wrong!

Looking forward to Carson, and the Teyla/Queen episode, and more Todd.

I hope rumors are wrong, cause I won't watch an increase of cruddy Keller.

stargatelvr
June 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I have to say all episodes with Beckett, and the ones with Daniel. I'm not sure of the titles because I won't look at the pages for fear of spoilers. :-)

elliecat
June 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Looking foward to: Carson and Sheppard :sheppard: :beckett:

Least looking foward to: Any Keller scenes! And shipping in general.

Crichiel
June 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Most looking forward to: Search and Rescue and the mid-season 2-parter
Absolutely dreading: Teyla- and/or Keller-centric stories

Pic
June 10th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING.
I'm looking forward to seeing Daniel again.
I'm interested in how the transition from Carter to Woolsey is going to play out.
I'm want to see what they do with Keller considering the backlash of her being a regular now.
I'm sorta interested in the Teyla/Todd/baby arc but hope it wraps up relatively quickly, but still like Teyla.

Asqard? There's gonna be Asqard?
An all-women team?

Ok, yes, I've heard these things. But I shouldn't have a clue. Seriously. Way too many spoilers are leaked/given away on this show. I get the feeling that people have already made up their minds and the season hasn't even aired! Sit back, relax and enjoy ~ that's my motto.

(Although I'm gleefully feeding Giaus Baltar to the wraith in one of those game threads - bwhahawha)

Pajus
June 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Most looking forward to: Sheppard being put on trial (at least someone got the right idea)

Dreading: More Keller

Lahela
June 13th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Dreading: Relation "Ships"
:):(

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Most anticipated:
Broken Ties
Daedalus Variations
The Shrine
The Queen

Least anticipated:
Tracker
The Lost Tribe and any other ep where Keller is trapped with a leading male character

Lenas
June 13th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Most looking forward to:

Broken Ties
Daedalus Variations
Beckett
Todd

Least looking forward to:

Keller
Love triangle
Keller - supposedly a member of the team
Woolsey (but will give him a chance first)
Tracker
The Lost Tribe

vaberella
June 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Ronon

I'm looking forward to Ronon. Always a dependable character. A joy to watch on screen since I have to say he is the ONLY three-dimensional character on the show.

Larrin

I hear Larrin, will be showing up. She is the one character I am least looking forward too. I would take Lucius 9 times over than watch her on screen ever again.

jelgate
June 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Actually that is no longer true. Jill Wangner is doing a different show Lost Tribe and First Contact are filmed

vaberella
June 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Actually that is no longer true. Jill Wangner is doing a different show Lost Tribe and First Contact are filmed

You've made my night. Bless you. I'm not up to date with spoilers because I didn't really want to be spoiled. :D

LiquidSky
June 15th, 2008, 10:59 PM
What I'm looking forward in season five Todd and any Wraith episode.

What I'm not looking forward in season five Keller's love life episode.

LS

elliecat
June 16th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Keller and the 'love triangle of doom' are not very popular are they? Hmmm what a surprise! ;)

I could put up with Woolsey, Lucius and Larrin, ok not Larrin, if just Keller would go!

Oh I am looking forward to the asgard though :) Maybe they can beam up Keller and dump her on another planet or something ;)

katikatnik
June 16th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I'm mostly looking forward to more Sheppard and McKay bickering. As long as those two bicker, I'm a happy camper. Take those two away and every ep is boring.

Oh, and to the episode Remnants - althought I dread it at the same time...

elliecat
June 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I'm mostly looking forward to more Sheppard and McKay bickering. As long as those two bicker, I'm a happy camper. Take those two away and every ep is boring.

Oh, and to the episode Remnants - althought I dread it at the same time...

I quite agree! I love the McKay - Sheppard banter and bickering, if they are not in it I do find my mind wandering! ;)

katikatnik
June 16th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I quite agree! I love the McKay - Sheppard banter and bickering, if they are not in it I do find my mind wandering! ;)

Exactly! They are Atlantis for me. I can deal with anything the writers throw at me, as long as John and Rodney can "do their thing" :) I love the scenes where John surprises Rodney with his intelligence - a smart military guy, look at that, a complete shocker for Rodney ;)

That's why I'm looking forward to Remnants. It should be a Sheppard episode so we will see...

elliecat
June 16th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Exactly! They are Atlantis for me. I can deal with anything the writers throw at me, as long as John and Rodney can "do their thing" :) I love the scenes where John surprises Rodney with his intelligence - a smart military guy, look at that, a complete shocker for Rodney ;)

That's why I'm looking forward to Remnants. It should be a Sheppard episode so we will see...

I could quite happily watch the McKay and Sheppard show every week! I love those guys. Yeah, I love the fact that Rodney doesn't quite know what to make of Sheppard because he doesn't expect him to be as smart as he is and it completly throws him off balance. ;)

If it's a Sheppard episode let's hope that Rodney is in it lots aswell! :)

Cautious Explorer
June 16th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Most looking forward to:

More Sheppard
1. Sheppard/Teyla scenes
2. Sheppard Ronon scenes
3. Team (Sheppard, Teyla, Ronon, McKay) episodes where everyone gets an important part
4. The return of Teyla as a team member without being sidelined by pregnancy and invisible lover issues
5. Carson, Zelenka and Lorne
6. No Carter

Least looking forward to:

1. Any scenes with Keller
2. Anything about McKay's lovelife
3. The inevitable "special episode" about McKay
4. Badly written female characters thrown in for the purpose of looking cute or romancing the guys.

Lythisrose
June 16th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I could quite happily watch the McKay and Sheppard show every week! I love those guys. Yeah, I love the fact that Rodney doesn't quite know what to make of Sheppard because he doesn't expect him to be as smart as he is and it completly throws him off balance. ;)

If it's a Sheppard episode let's hope that Rodney is in it lots aswell! :)

I agree! The main reason I watch SGA is for the McKay-Shep show. I love some of the other characters and happily watch them in smaller doses but I will rewatch the Shep and McKay (or just Shep to be honest ;)) scenes over and over.

elliecat
June 16th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I agree! The main reason I watch SGA is for the McKay-Shep show. I love some of the other characters and happily watch them in smaller doses but I will rewatch the Shep and McKay (or just Shep to be honest ;)) scenes over and over.

:D I do that! Ha ha. I know what you mean, I love everyone else (apart from Keller! ;) ) but they are the main two for me. Well, if they made it three with Zelenka I wouldn't mind one bit, I watch his scenes nearly as much! :D

jenks
June 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Not looking forward to - love triangle, Larrin

Looking forward to - the rest

CazzBlade
June 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM
-Most Anticipated-
Search And Rescue
Broken Ties
Prodigal
Daedalus Variations
Whispers
The Lost Tribe
Outsiders
The Queen
Ghost In The Machine
Inquisition
The Shrine
Tracker
-Least Anticipated-

MIZA
June 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
i am most looking forward to carson episodes and possibly i am dreading the whole change over from Col Carter to Woosley thing i hope it is not as raw and i think it maybe

bluealien
June 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping we get much more than the McKay/Sheppard show.. I've had my fill of the repetitive banter between these two..its gotten so predictable that I can finish McKays sentences.

Looking forward to more Sheppard and Ronon moments and can't wait for Search and Rescue, and especially Broken Ties.

I'm looking forward to a lot more Teyla,, and it looks like she will get a lot more to do this season.

More Sheppard/Teyla scenes as Teyla is really the one who gets Sheppard to open up.. all we get between John and Rodney is endless babble, where we learn nothing new about the characters at all.

I'm looking forward to Remnants and Inquisition and hope we get a more serious Sheppard focued ep. To me Sheppard is the most underused character on the show and I feel he has the most potential but the writers just tend to give him one liners or have him run around with a gun.. not that I dont enjoy seeing him in action hero mode.. but I'd like something a bit deeper from the character this season, but at the same time please keep him in character and don't turn him into some ruthless killer.

Not really looking forward to anything with Keller or Carson,.. neither really hold my interest and am caustiously optimistic about Woolsey... i think.

My least anticpated eps are Whispers, Outsiders and particulary The Shrine..

EdenSG
June 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I can’t really say what eps I am looking forward to the most because while I do read and enjoy spoilers, I take them with a grain of salt and try not to speculate on them too much as generally they are not always reliable or only one piece of the picture. I guess I don’t want to build my hopes up (or down) or have too many preconceived ideas about any one episode because things are never quite the way I imagine them to be. I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment expecting something to happen that doesn’t.

So instead of listing eps, I would like to answer the question this way:
What I am looking forward to the most is the potential, the surprise, the excitement of what might happen and all the possibilities a new season brings.

I am also looking forward to:
- those moments in an episode where I go, “wow, that was great” or “gee, I can’t believe that just happened”.
- those little character moments that make me smile or surprise me or even make me a little sad.
-seeing the team interactions, team friendship moments and how Woolsey will be fitting in.
- seeing familiar faces again; Lorne, Zalenka, Caldwell, Chuck etc….
-to having Carson back for 5 ep!
- some adventure, some excitement and some great special effects along the way and a few moments of sitting on the edge of your seat tension.

I am not looking forward to those eps or scenes I will not like – though I have no idea which eps/scenes there will likely be a few (or maybe a lot) I don’t particularly like.

Till I see how it all plays out I am neutral on:
Keller/Ronon/McKay
All girl team
Teyla and baby
(I am in the camp that believes that – at least for the first two, that it will be much ado about nothing)

At this point I guess I am looking forward to seeing all the eps. I know there are certain eps that others are already not looking forward to – that is okay. There have been eps that I love that many others have hated and visa versa. As I said, I try not to prejudge eps beforehand. One thing I can say for certain is that one fan’s disaster ep is another fan’s treasured ep.
So I guess you could say I am looking forward to discovering those little treasures hidden within the season 5 eps

Rac80
June 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I am looking forward to:
More Jennifer and her growth/changes
more teyla (PLEASE!!!)
the r/j/m triangle (I didn't "drink the koolaid"! :P )- I know it won't be too overt.
all the eps I have seen spoilers for except the following.....
I am not looking forward to :
The rodney mckay show....(can't stand the character!)
mcshep show (they are not the only two there!)
carson back again (let the poor man rest in peace)

elliecat
June 17th, 2008, 05:25 AM
I'm looking forward to Ronon and Rodney realising that Keller is a whiny little girl and neither of them will go for her ;)

Can't wait to see Rodney and Carson either, it's just not the same without Carson. ;) And lots and lots of Sheppard and McKay, they are my favourite characters after all. And Zelenka aswell, but not anywhere near Keller because she was mean about him. ;)

Everlovin
June 18th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Looking forward to more Jenn. Hopefully some Ronon/Jenn
Looking forward to more Teyla.
Looking forward to more Ronon.
Looking forward to Carson. I missed him so much.

Not looking forward to Woolsey. Yes, I know the character will create conflict, but he doesn't have the cojones to run a war.
Can we have a little less of the McShep show? Love them both, but they're not everything there is to SGA.

Looking forward to all of the shows. I'll take anything Stargate I can get. :D

marielabbott
June 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Looking forward to

The Queen--more Teyla and more Todd
The Shrine
In general: Carson back, briefly. Secondary characters like Lorne, Radek, and Caldwell.

Least looking forward to

Ghost in the Machine--I really dread everything I've read about this one. :S
Whispers

In general: the queasy triangle of McRonifer. I wish they would stay with the shippy hints of previous seasons. More SG-1 crossovers.

Rac80
June 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM
oh yeah so looking forward to seeing daniel in atlantis again! :D:D

mrscopterdoc
June 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Not looking forward to - love triangle, Larrin

Looking forward to - the rest

I totally agree

Rac80
June 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Looking forward to more Jenn. Hopefully some Ronon/Jenn
Looking forward to more Teyla.
Looking forward to more Ronon.
Looking forward to Carson. I missed him so much.

Not looking forward to Woolsey. Yes, I know the character will create conflict, but he doesn't have the cojones to run a war.
Can we have a little less of the McShep show? Love them both, but they're not everything there is to SGA.

Looking forward to all of the shows. I'll take anything Stargate I can get. :D

Yep we definitely need more Jenn and more Ronon/Jenn!
I want the "old" kicking azz teyla back! (I understand it is hard to do that while pregnant...but once the baby is born....)
Ok Less Mckay, mcshep, carson (the poor little man is dead after all!),and woolsey!

elliecat
June 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
I can't wait to see any McKay scenes and what funny lines he will come up with in season 5 :) Especially when he's with Shep, those two are comedy gold when they're on it! ;)

Least looking foward to? Well, it's still Keller and that will never change. I would look forward to her if she was with Woolsey though, they would be great together! Two whiny newbies, made for each other I say. ;)

Rac80
June 22nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
Ronon and Jennifer getting together is tops on my list. :D
least....moan-a-minute mckay! the whining the complaining, the snarking! :S:S

dmpv_74
June 23rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
i am really looking forward to new ships i really hope that the USA gets the Phoinex but it would be really cool if they have the first Russian built ship or other country and maybe finding a new ancient type ship.

that would be cool

Rac80
July 6th, 2008, 07:05 AM
the most-
having a friday night show to watch again...with our schedules we don't watch tv sunday night - thurs night. Right now friday and saturday nights are when we rent movies.
Also --- MORE JENNIFER KELLER!!!!

the least-
the moan-a-minute twins
and Shep's kirking. (atleast no larrin! whew!)

Pajus
July 6th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Most looking forward to: Sheppard being put on trial

Least looking forward to: More Keller

chensuu
July 7th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Most looking forward to: Team interactions, Sheppard and McKay, personally, I love the Sheppard and McKay show.
New alien races, Daedalus Variations, The Queen, Remnants, much more Todd!

Least looking forward to: More Keller, Keller's love triangle - McRonifer !!!! Thanks to marielabbot for that very fitting moniker. GAG!!!!

:sheppard::teyla::mckay::ronan:

marielabbott
July 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Most looking forward to: Team interactions, Sheppard and McKay, personally, I love the Sheppard and McKay show.
New alien races, Daedalus Variations, The Queen, Remnants, much more Todd!

Least looking forward to: More Keller, Keller's love triangle - McRonifer !!!! Thanks to marielabbot for that very fitting moniker. GAG!!!!

:sheppard::teyla::mckay::ronan:

McRonifer is a fitting name (yech! I totally agree with you about the triangle), but to give due credit, I stole it from Killdeer, who originated the moniker. :)

chensuu
July 7th, 2008, 03:39 PM
McRonifer is a fitting name (yech! I totally agree with you about the triangle), but to give due credit, I stole it from Killdeer, who originated the moniker. :)

Thanks for letting me know! And thanks Killdeer! I love the name, and HATE the idea! *shudder*

Rac80
July 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
MOST-
More Jennifer Keller, Daniel in a two-parter, new villian?
LEAST-
the moan-a-minute twins, the shep/mckay hour, and woolsey in charge!

Reiko
July 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Also --- MORE JENNIFER KELLER!!!!

» You're beginning to scare me.

Most looking forward to: Sheppard being put on trial

» I wouldn't have guessed ;)

Least looking forward to: More Keller

» Of course. :mckay: Oh, and I'll just say it to you - bad physics :P

MOST-More Jennifer Keller, Daniel in a two-parter, new villian?
LEAST-the moan-a-minute twins, the shep/mckay hour, and woolsey in charge!

» Yeah, you just stated that every other day for the last few weeks or so. Anything new? :o

Pajus
July 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM

I know what you mean. My liver is scared too

» I wouldn't have guessed ;)

I might have become a little predictable with that

» Of course. :mckay: Oh, and I'll just say it to you - bad physics :P

That actually gives me ideas for fanfictions without having to use my brain too much.

TheReturnOfTheLantian
July 9th, 2008, 12:15 AM
looking forward to everything. nothing is going to put my hopes down.

Rac80
July 9th, 2008, 05:56 AM
lol you want scared? I don't understand the unadulterated hate of a fictional character. THAT is what is scary. (*starts thinking about all of the case files of serial killers she has read*) :eek:

Lahela
July 9th, 2008, 06:43 AM
lol you want scared? I don't understand the unadulterated hate of a fictional character. THAT is what is scary. (*starts thinking about all of the case files of serial killers she has read*) :eek:

I don't understand the squeeing over the vague possibility of a romantic relationship between two fictional characters. THAT is also scary. *starts thinking about all those stalker stories she has read* :eek:

Showfan
July 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Excited about:

Sheppard and McKay! Yeah!
Team episodes!
Ronon! Teyla!
New villains.
Rodney and Daniel in the mid-season two parter!
Todd and the Wraith!
Almost everything except....

NOT excited about:

Yucky, icky Keller love triangle.
Keller in general

Pic
July 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
looking forward to everything. nothing is going to put my hopes down.

Yup!!! Sooo greening you for that!

Although, the term "McRonifer" is rather humorous. ;)

Rac80
July 9th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I want more action scenes, less blab, blab, blab. (ie McKay!).
More great Teyla scenes, less whining from the moan-a-minute twins.
More HUMOR, less whump (don't like bloodshed here).
More Jennifer, less McShep.
That's today's list!

chensuu
July 9th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I want more action scenes, less blab, blab, blab. (ie McKay!).
More great Teyla scenes, less whining from the moan-a-minute twins.
More HUMOR, less whump (don't like bloodshed here).
More Jennifer, less McShep.
That's today's list!

I'm sorry...who are the moan-a-minute twins?

I'm excited about seeing:

The team! Sheppard, Teyla, Rodney and Ronon! In any combination. In any situation.
New Aliens!
Space battles!
Conflicts with teammates and Woolsey, but please, please, please,

Not excited about:
CONFLICTS between teammates over Romantic situations...ie...McRonifer.

prion
July 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Most looking forward to?

Seeing the team again. HOpefully some good Shep whump (one can hope)

Least looking forward?

Bad writing, re-used plots you can figure out the end a mile away :(

Rac80
July 9th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry...who are the moan-a-minute twins?

I'm excited about seeing:

The team! Sheppard, Teyla, Rodney and Ronon! In any combination. In any situation.
New Aliens!
Space battles!
Conflicts with teammates and Woolsey, but please, please, please,

Not excited about:
CONFLICTS between teammates over Romantic situations...ie...McRonifer.

LOL a few pages back someone (nope it wasn't me :P) nicknamed Rodney and Carson the moan-a-miinute twins! ;)
I also don't like romantic triangles too messy in RL.

Reiko
July 9th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Least looking forward?
Bad writing, re-used plots you can figure out the end a mile away :(

» Amen. :)

LOL a few pages back someone (nope it wasn't me :P) nicknamed Rodney and Carson the moan-a-miinute twins! ;)

» Triplets. Don't forget Keller.

Rac80
July 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
» Amen. :)

» Triplets. Don't forget Keller.
LOL what it took her 15+ years to gestate? (quick call the guiness book of world records or a tabloid! ;) )I don't think so! the moan-a-minute twins they were born and shall remain! :D

Reiko
July 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
LOL what it took her 15+ years to gestate?

» Do you know what gestate means?

the moan-a-minute twins they were born and shall remain! :D

» I agree with that. Of course they were born, and they shall stay on Atlantis. ;)

Rac80
July 9th, 2008, 05:18 PM
» Do you know what gestate means?

» I agree with that. Of course they were born, and they shall stay on Atlantis. ;)

LOL according to merriam-webster it means to be in the process of gestation (or in-utero in other words) I certainly hope I know (*checks* yep that is her biological daughter in the next room :P ).

CaroLing
July 14th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Im most looking forward to the *insert girlish squee here* the romance. We havent had much of that on Atlantis in the first four seasons. Im thinking since the show is established now we might *crossing fingers* get a little more of that. Im least looking forward to Weir (if she returns) I just dont likethat story thread. We've already had a story thread of an established team member Ford going loco against the team. just my opinion.

Rac80
July 17th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Im most looking forward to the *insert girlish squee here* the romance. We havent had much of that on Atlantis in the first four seasons. Im thinking since the show is established now we might *crossing fingers* get a little more of that. Im least looking forward to Weir (if she returns) I just dont likethat story thread. We've already had a story thread of an established team member Ford going loco against the team. just my opinion.

I never made that connection but you landed a hole-in-one there.
a new least looking forward to-
the ewwy gooeys in the seed. :S:S NOT my thing!

Valaslonglostsister
July 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'm looking forward to everything really but i'm really looking forward to "The Shrine" ^^

~Dani