View Full Version : "Infection" (517) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2

PG15
June 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Writer: Alan McCullough
Director: Andy Mikita

---

And info on the other 1 of the 2 remaining episodes we know nothing about:

Help spin Alan’s story for episode 18 (or maybe 17?). A mysterious arrival, a difficult dilemma, and the continuation of a storyline introduced in The Queen

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/june-4-2008-new-studies-suggest-young-people-living-longer-than-old-people/

My job here is done. :D

Lythisrose
June 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
My job here is done. :D

Your quest is complete!
Now do you get to marry the beautiful princess and rule the kingdom in everlasting love and harmony?:)

(maybe not Harmony, though?:S)

Mitchell82
June 4th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Your quest is complete!
Now do you get to marry the beautiful princess and rule the kingdom in everlasting love and harmony?:)

Nah make him marry Lucius. *runs to a galaxy far far away*

jelgate
June 4th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Thats vile.

I like it:D

PG15
June 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Off with your head, Mitch! :p

Your quest is complete!

Well, marry the HAWT princess, yes; rule the kingdom, yes; in everlasting love and harmony?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Yes.

:lol:

(and is disturbed)

ussrelativity
June 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Well, marry the HAWT princess, yes; rule the kingdom, yes; in everlasting love and harmony?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Yes.

McKay in a nutshell. :mckay:

PG15
June 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Thank you. ;)

Mitchell82
June 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Off with your head, Mitch! :p
Sorry couldn't resist. *points at halo*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
PG15 to rule this kingdom for all eternity. Hmm we are sooooooo doomed.;)

GoSpikey
June 5th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Thats vile.

I like it:D

:indeed:

naamiaiset
June 5th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Help spin Alan’s story for episode 18 (or maybe 17?). A mysterious arrival, a difficult dilemma, and the continuation of a storyline introduced in The Queen
todd perhaps? :D

and marrying lucius is more than vile, it's cruel. :p

jelgate
June 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
A punishment he deserves.:D

Platschu
June 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Maybe the Wraith will strike against the chicken and lamb. "We want humans!" :P

I hope the second half of the season is going to be as cool as the first one. Maybe these are the last Atlantis episodes, so I hope they won't waste them to filler stand alones. I think they will try to spend money for the 100th episode, so the 5x18-5x19 will be a cheaper episode.

Jumper_One
June 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe the Wraith will strike against the chicken and lamb. "We want humans!" :P

I hope the second half of the season is going to be as cool as the first one.

I'm pretty sure it will! eps like TLT, Inquisition and Prodigal sound great imo :D

Maybe these are the last Atlantis episodes, so I hope they won't waste them to filler stand alones. I think they will try to spend money for the 100th episode, so the 5x18-5x19 will be a cheaper episode.

not necessarily ;)

GoSpikey
June 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
After those spoilers, you think they might actually drop Atlantis? :eek:

Don't even write it down!

*Feels the need to knock on wood*

*Knock knock knock*

:D

PG15
June 5th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Update:

And, speaking of casting, we’re looking into the availability of the pallid one for Alan’s eppy, and this potential Stargate newbie for Carl’s eppy (which has taken a very dark turn). She’s super!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/05/june-5-2008-corn-dog-wins-best-in-show/

naamiaiset
June 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
the pallid one? sounds wraith-ish.

A punishment he deserves.:D

PG15
June 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Todd appears in this episode (or at least, planned to be; hopefully Chris Heyerdahl is available).

naamiaiset
June 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
it wouldn't surprise me either. he was a great addition in S4 and I'd love it if he gets written for a fourth episode.

GoSpikey
June 9th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Same here! ^^

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
since PG hasn't added this, I will. :p

PG15 writes: “1. Do shelved stories actually see the light of day ever again? Have there been shelved stories that have been picked up later on?

2. Is Todd still slated for 3 episodes this season?

3. Is Halling going to appear this season?”

Answers: 1. Occasionally although, off the top of my head, I can’t remember one. There’s always a very good reason why a story is shelved. 2. Maybe one more. 3. Nope.

GoSpikey
June 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM
^ lazy boy... :D

*Drops dead*

Watched 8 eps today.

Ltcolshepjumper
June 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I think we have a title for this one...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/june-11-2008-bermuda-triangle-mystery-solved-more-of-a-trapezoid/

...Afterwards, Marty G. headed down to post, leaving Paul, Carl, Rob, and I to help Alan break his story, tentatively titled The Antidote. We spent most of the day beating it out, stopping only to eat lunch and partake in a sparring session using some weapons Lawren discovered in the storage closet...

With the info from the beginning of the thread, and from "The Queen", it's safe to assume that the title refers to an antidote for the Wraith feeding.

naamiaiset
June 11th, 2008, 07:20 PM
this episode is sounding good already. :D

as long as todd doesn't end up dead from the lanteans (the therapy) "helping" him... a.k.a., steve. ;)

PG15
June 11th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Here's the whole quote, just for completeness sakes:

Afterwards, Marty G. headed down to post, leaving Paul, Carl, Rob, and I to help Alan break his story, tentatively titled The Antidote. We spent most of the day beating it out, stopping only to eat lunch and partake in a sparring session using some weapons Lawren discovered in the storage closet (“Yeah, I’m going to need a couple of blue pens, some liquid paper, two notebooks, and a staff weapon. Thanks.”). We completed the first three acts and most of act four before running out of steam. We agreed to go our separate ways to think about a phenomenal ending for the episode on the condition that we all reconvene first thing in the morning. Sure thing. Suckers!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/june-11-2008-bermuda-triangle-mystery-solved-more-of-a-trapezoid/

jelgate
June 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I clain that PG15's post is spam:P

naamiaiset
June 11th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I clain that PG15's post is spam:P
you're beating me in our bet. :mad:

jelgate
June 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thats the point:D
Go Jelgate

PG15
June 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
How dare you clain that my post was spam! I shall not be clained. Not now, not ever.

jelgate
June 11th, 2008, 08:02 PM
:lol:The m and n key are right mext each other. That and fatigue is startimg to happem.

Platschu
June 11th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Here's the whole quote, just for completeness sakes:

Will you rename the thread into "The Antidote"? :D

Antidote will be against Wraith hunger. It will be interesting, but I fear they will lost from their fearful image. :o

PG15
June 12th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I tried...hmm...maybe the mods are busy? Or maybe the report post feature is out of whack?

Or maybe I've bothered them 1 too many times about thread title changes. ;)

ussrelativity
June 12th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Take your time. I've got work to do.

--Looks like the title's changed.

Platschu
June 12th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I thought the thread opener can change the title. Mea culpa. :o

TBA
June 12th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Appearantly not... Although it looks like it's fixed now :P

GoSpikey
June 12th, 2008, 10:40 AM
"Fixed" for a while now. :P

Didn't they mention something dark happening for this ep? Or was that my misreading stuff?

jelgate
June 12th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Maybe Sheppard finds the antidote to kill Todd:P

naamiaiset
June 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM
:eek: bad jelgate!

GoSpikey
June 12th, 2008, 02:06 PM

:mad: And don't look at me, you deserved it! :mad:

:eek: bad jelgate!

PG15
June 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Well, that didn't last long...

We finished breaking Alan’s script today, formerly Antidote, now Infection.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/june-12-2008-remains-of-professional-golfer-found-on-the-moon/

GoSpikey
June 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Isn't an "Antidote" and an "Infection" a whole different thing?

Unless Todd's planning on infecting the Wraith like Michael is infecting people with the Hoffan drug?

Er... :S

jelgate
June 12th, 2008, 05:15 PM
:mad: And don't look at me, you deserved it! :mad:So I deserved to be redded for making a joke that harms knowone and quite frankly is not going to happen:mckay:

prion
June 12th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I gotta laugh, change the title again!

June 12th

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/june-12-2008-remains-of-professional-golfer-found-on-the-moon/

Success! We finally have all 20 episode slots filled for season 5. Now, as Marty G. pointed out, all we have to do is write them. We finished breaking Alan’s script today, formerly Antidote, now Infection. Carl put out a beat sheet for his episode and, after some discussion, finalized the beats - and a title: Identity. Rob, meanwhile, is going with Vegas for episode #19. Episode #20’s episode title remains a mystery. Hopefully, Paul (who will be writing the episode) will come up with something over the hiatus and save us the trouble.

GoSpikey
June 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM
So I deserved to be redded for making a joke that harms knowone and quite frankly is not going to happen:mckay:

But I'll make it up as soon as I can! *kissy*

PG15
June 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I gotta laugh, change the title again!

June 12th

Success! We finally have all 20 episode slots filled for season 5. Now, as Marty G. pointed out, all we have to do is write them. We finished breaking Alan’s script today, formerly Antidote, now Infection. Carl put out a beat sheet for his episode and, after some discussion, finalized the beats - and a title: Identity. Rob, meanwhile, is going with Vegas for episode #19. Episode #20’s episode title remains a mystery. Hopefully, Paul (who will be writing the episode) will come up with something over the hiatus and save us the trouble.

Just because I've been late for the last few days, doesn't mean I'm late today. ;)

GoSpikey
June 13th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Does that mean prion can delete his post? :lol:

naamiaiset
June 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Isn't an "Antidote" and an "Infection" a whole different thing?
that was my first thought also. maybe the gene therapy backfires somehow. :S

Jumper_One
June 13th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Does that mean prion can delete his post? :lol:

her ;) the title reminds me of The Seed

GoSpikey
June 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Eep! Sorry!

Yeah, maybe it backfires... :S

Hopefully it's just their noses growing longer when they lie, or something... :S

Todd's not going to be a happy camper if it's really something wrong!

GoSpikey
June 13th, 2008, 04:39 PM
M... maybe it'll be like Helium? They can't stop laughing? :o

PG15
June 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM
A mention:

Well, I can honestly say I have never looked forward to a Friday the 13th like I did this one. It was our last day of shooting before the month-long hiatus- still, the mood was fairly subdued on our side of the production offices. [...] Carl and Alan were working on their outlines.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/13/june-13-2008-grass-roots-movement-killed-after-being-sprayed-with-glyphosate/

naamiaiset
June 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
helium? you want a hive of wraith with high pitched, squeeky voices? :lol:

what if the therapy also humanizes a wraith? the writers wouldn't go that route again, would they?

GoSpikey
June 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM
helium? you want a hive of wraith with high pitched, squeeky voices? :lol:

what if the therapy also humanizes a wraith? the writers wouldn't go that route again, would they?

Maybe it'll result in a massive accidental genocide? :S

You know, feeding hand eliminated (or what are they trying to do?) and then a problem with their digestive system? :(

Platschu
June 14th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I hope they will return to the Wraith history with this episode. I always wanted to see, who were the Ancients explorers attacked by Iratus bugs and how the Wraith evolved. Maybe Todd will tell us something about this, so this is the infection, from which the episode got the name. :)

My other guess is that they try to change their lifestyle with the new food sources, but this will create a torn between the Wraith factions. Maybe they will bring Tok'Ra type vega-Wraiths and old style human eater Wraiths. :D

GoSpikey
June 14th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hmm, the Wraith should have come out of common people that weren't decently protected from the Iratus bugs by the Ancients, meaning they neglected to check up on what happened with them. The thought that the Ancients were eaten on by Iratus bugs and that's what makes them so intelligent is a nice one, but I believe Joe has already shot it down.

Well, if the treatment works, and Todd's Alliance is taking it, and others, like eg Hunters that like their hobby too much (their reason for being), then you know which ones get shot down by the Lanteans, and Todd.

I kinda miss the Lanteans taking out Hives. :)

Platschu
June 14th, 2008, 12:21 PM
But they can't heal them completely, because than the Wraith won't be an enemy in season 6. I think they won't give up them so easily, so something has to happen and they will turn against Atlantis again. But if it doesn't happen, than I can imagine them a klingon type allies on Atlantis. Maybe Todd should get an own room. :)

GoSpikey
June 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
The 'new enemy' being introduced in the mid-parter, are they here to stay, or is it just that ep? Cos that could be the new enemy for Atlantis, with a side problem/Alliance with the Wraith.

TBA
June 14th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I don't think the writers plan to deal with the Wraith just yet. They will evolve them, yes, but they will always be the enemy of the team.

jelgate
June 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I don't think the writers plan to deal with the Wraith just yet. They will evolve them, yes, but they will always be the enemy of the team.I halfway agree with you. Yes I believe that the writers aren't done with the Wraith yet. However, if we're lucky SGA might on long enough where the Wraith will no longer be an enemy similiar of what happened in SG1.

Platschu
June 15th, 2008, 02:46 AM
They said that the Wraith will stay at the background in season 5. And if I count with Michael, than they will be in more than 10-12 episodes. I think maybe they changed their mind or they know that may there will be no more season, so they want to give us more detail about the Wraith than ever earlier. I like this, because the Wraith needed some expansion. I would be even happy, if they could create 2-3 recurring Wraith character next to Michael and Todd. Maybe Kenny, the ship commander of Todd, will be such funny character. :)

TBA
June 15th, 2008, 03:00 AM
I would be even happy, if they could create 2-3 recurring Wraith character next to Michael and Todd. Maybe Kenny, the ship commander of Todd, will be such funny character. :)

I don't see the point of naming someone Kenny if it's going to be a recurring character. Imo, the following scenario is much more likely:

Wraith: "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"
Todd: "You *******s!"

GoSpikey
June 15th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Like Joe says, don't judge before you see... ;)

g.o.d
June 15th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Like Joe says, don't judge before you see... ;)

and when you watch it, don't judge it either. Just worship it and us, because we make no mistakes

GoSpikey
June 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Go suck a lemon. :mckay:

Platschu
June 15th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Don't be so harsh. Why should we lost a delicious lemon, if we can put him into the kawoosh? :P If you didn't know earlier, g.o.d. is a short form of g.o.a.u.l.d. :D He has right to say his anti feelings and we have to accept this. ;)

g.o.d
June 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM

I like lemons :-)

but I'm going to rewatch BSG 410 for the fifth time, so maybe later I'll try lemons

jelgate
June 15th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I like lemons :-)but I'm going to rewatch BSG 410 for the fifth time, so maybe later I'll try lemonsIts about time BSG made an episode with quality.I like lemonade.

GoSpikey
July 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Close enough, Jelly. ;)

Teddybrown
July 20th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I read this on Wikipedia. I know it isnt very reliable but im going to put what it says anyway

It says that Teyla is going to hand over her baby to Michael and get married to him!?!?!?! lols Wots that all about

Please dont flame me if its wrong

Jumper_One
July 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I read this on Wikipedia. I know it isnt very reliable but im going to put what it says anyway

It says that Teyla is going to hand over her baby to Michael and get married to him!?!?!?! lols Wots that all about

LOL nah I don't think so ;)

The TARDIS
July 20th, 2008, 11:51 AM

SOMEBODY GO FIX THAT!!! POSTHASTE!!!

Bloody idiots editing Wikipedia with no knowledge or information and *grumblegrumblegrumble*

GoSpikey
July 20th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Will pay for screencap! :lol:

Where is it? :P

*Goes to Google*

Teddybrown
July 20th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Will pay for screencap! :lol:

Where is it? :P

*Goes to Google*

Just go to wikipedia and type in Stargate Atlantis Episodes and scroll down to the bit on Season 5
Its all there lol

Also thanks for not flamin me lol

GoSpikey
July 21st, 2008, 07:48 AM
Oh, we wouldn't flame you for that... :P

Could it be possible it's not there any more? All I see right now is the guest stars for season 5, and then stuff per ep.

Oh, and I think you should just pic out a nice signature, or make something, instead of that heap of smilies you have right now? Think about it? :o

GoSpikey
July 21st, 2008, 07:55 AM
*Smacks head...*

Of course...

Teyla gives in to Michael, and gives him her child. Doing so shows the love they have for each other. And they shock the entire expedition when they get married.

*Corrects a few things cos geesh...*

No, it's a Todd episode.

jenks
July 21st, 2008, 07:56 AM

It's all true. She's only after his money though...

Teddybrown
July 22nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
It's all true. She's only after his money though...

Teddybrown
July 22nd, 2008, 01:32 AM
Oh, we wouldn't flame you for that... :P

Could it be possible it's not there any more? All I see right now is the guest stars for season 5, and then stuff per ep.

Oh, and I think you should just pic out a nice signature, or make something, instead of that heap of smilies you have right now? Think about it? :o

Will do

GoSpikey
July 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
It'll look much better, you'll see. :D

*Anxiously waits for news on "Infection"*:

PG, if you don't find me some decent spoilers story wise by tomorrow, consider yourself fired!

:P

PG15
July 22nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
You don't have the authority to do that! Only I have the authority to do that!

GoSpikey
July 23rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Well, boy? *Taps foot*

Fire yourself, then! :mad:

I'm waiting... You have till after I get back from the physio to do so!

You'd better have something "Infection"-wise by then! *growls*

PG15
July 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
I can...make up something? ;)

GoSpikey
July 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Try me. :P

PG15
July 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
I heard somewhere that this episode is basically Todd stripping.

naamiaiset
July 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
pg, she said give her news, not a heart attack.

PG15
July 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Oops. :p

naamiaiset
July 23rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
you should've said michael. :p

GoSpikey
July 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Er, girls? I strip those boys daily... :P

:o

Come on, PG... This is not what we're paying you for... :P

PG15
July 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
How about...a mention:

Alan finished his rewrite of Infection, Martin is prepping Brain Storm, Carl is poised to prep Identity, and Paul has broken ground on #20. With less than two months to go, it looks like it’s going to be a mad dash to the finish line.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/july-23-2008-burgers-then-back-on-the-program-then-remnants-day-2/

And what do you mean, girls?! I'm a guy, remember?! :p

PG15
July 23rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Of course it does. ;)

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
How about...a mention:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/july-23-2008-burgers-then-back-on-the-program-then-remnants-day-2/

And what do you mean, girls?! I'm a guy, remember?! :p

Could have fooled us.;)

GoSpikey
July 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
There! See? :P

PG15
July 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Fine.

Now let me go warm up my chainsaw to chop up some manly steaks that I will consume without chewing while watching Die Hard and scratching my butt.

That better? ;)

jelgate
July 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
You cook your steaks. What a woman:P

PG15
July 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm deep-frying them. :p

GoSpikey
July 31st, 2008, 03:21 AM
There. Had to do it myself, again. :mckay:

It sounds very nice! Wraith stuff again!

5.17 "Infection"

Somehow, Sheppard, Lorne and a bunch of Marines get involved with a Hive ship. While on board, more or less strange things happen: lights flickering, walls shimmering in and out of existence. etc.
[*claps hands* I love creepy horror movies! ;)]

While standing guard in a quiet part of the ship, Lt. Williams hears a strange noise while the lights flicker again - not just in his part of the ship, btw - and heads toward it. There, he finds an alcove -- and the wall in the back practically melting. It leaves a small opening to a hallway behind. He contacts Lorne to report his sighting as a face appears in the opening. It's a Wraith warrior, unmasked and pretty ugly and horrific, and the marine recoils from it.

Lorne plus Sheppard head over to the area when Williams doesn't answer Lorne over the radio anymore. They find the man's weapon on the floor, unused, but not a trace of the man himself. And there's no alcove in sight.

At the same time, Keller is busy with work of her own and having doubts about getting it done. Something regarding Wraith physiology - in regard of the title of the ep, I'm guessing that it has something to do with a virus or something along that lines - and making decisions that could affect thousands or millions of people. She tells McKay that he and his team must be used to this by now, but she isn't. Rodney reassures her by stating that he believes in her abilities, and he makes her smile.
[Awww... *rolls eyes*]

From: http://chocolate84.livejournal.com/80227.html#cutid1

GoSpikey
July 31st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Maybe they're trying to recreate Merlin's weapon, or sth... :lol:

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 03:49 AM
At the same time, Keller is busy with work of her own and having doubts about getting it done. Something regarding Wraith physiology - in regard of the title of the ep, I'm guessing that it has something to do with a virus or something along that lines - and making decisions that could affect thousands or millions of people. She tells McKay that he and his team must be used to this by now, but she isn't. Rodney reassures her by stating that he believes in her abilities, and he makes her smile.
not to sound like the anti-keller fanatics, but if she still doubts her abilities by this point and needs others to double-check her work, why is she around?

GoSpikey
July 31st, 2008, 03:55 AM
Nah, I think the Hive Ship is infected with something that makes it go bonkers. Maybe it's what the Ancients were working on, or sth?

Is Todd confirmed for this episode? Or was it another one? Identity?

About that Marine: yes, follow the Warrior into a hole when you got walls shimmering in and out of existence.

From those few sentences, it actually feels a bit like it's a story they pitched while working on The Daedalus Variations and Whispers. I mean, it's got the horror element of Whispers, from the hear of it, and the boat thing from The Daedalus Variations.

Gonna be a good ep, though! It's to the "Midway" placement, and that one was a decent one, so... :P

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 03:59 AM
joe said he was looking into using "the pallid one" in this, probably meaning todd.

jenks
July 31st, 2008, 08:55 AM
not to sound like the anti-keller fanatics, but if she still doubts her abilities by this point and needs others to double-check her work, why is she around?

Why wouldn't she be? It's her abilities that count, not her confidence in them, if the rest of the team know she can handle it them that's all that matters...

TBA
July 31st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Well, it depends on what she's working on, actually. If it something she totally hasn't done before...

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Why wouldn't she be? It's her abilities that count, not her confidence in them, if the rest of the team know she can handle it them that's all that matters...
true, but as the CMO, she should have some faith in her skills.

TBA
July 31st, 2008, 09:44 AM
True, but if it's a 'decision that'd affect thousands or millions of people'...

Platschu
July 31st, 2008, 12:23 PM
It seems Mr. Tentacle strikes back! :D

GoSpikey
July 31st, 2008, 03:17 PM
'Mr Tentacle' ?

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 05:25 PM
True, but if it's a 'decision that'd affect thousands or millions of people'...
even more of a reason why she needs to be confident in what she's doing.

Well, it depends on what she's working on, actually. If it something she totally hasn't done before...
she should expect that, it's a different galaxy. let's say she has a patient who needs a procedure she's never done and she lacks confidence that she can do it. it doesn't matter if people tell her that she can, her doubting herself can equal mistakes. that isn't a good thing.

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 06:00 PM
Well, it’s a race to the finish line as Marty G. begins directing Brain Storm today (which, if you haven’t heard by now, will guest Dave Foley, Billy Nye, and Neil deGrasse Tyson), Alan preps Infection (in which Todd makes his return following the events of the mid-season two-parter), Carl (Identity) and Rob (Vegas) field questions about their respective episodes, while Paul continues work on the big season (series?) finale.)

from http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/july-31-2008-the-happening/

Reiko
July 31st, 2008, 06:31 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/Reiko_Afterglow/smilies/overreacting.gif

» Not Keller, again! Why do they like her so much? Honestly, I don't see the appeal. :/

Killdeer
July 31st, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'm starting to get a little nervous at how much it's starting to sound like they're pushing the McKeller in the second half. I actually like the pairing, but that will change very quickly if it starts to pull Rodney away from his team.

jelgate
July 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/Reiko_Afterglow/smilies/overreacting.gif» Not Keller, again! Why do they like her so much? Honestly, I don't see the appeal. :/Becuase your just one person out of?* the millions of viewers

Laura Dove
July 31st, 2008, 08:39 PM
Becuase your just one person out of?* the millions of viewers

And I'm one more. *shrug* I just hope she will act like more a doctor and less like a whining little girl (like on the bridge in "Missing").

Blencathra
August 1st, 2008, 04:26 AM
Curious. I thought this was the Infection thread. Not the Anti Keller thread.

As for the episode, I am really enjoying the fact that there seem to be a lot of "spooky" episodes this season.

Fingers crossed for Todd being in this one. I think he's great. Pity he's not in more IMO. :)

naamiaiset
August 1st, 2008, 04:32 AM
Curious. I thought this was the Infection thread. Not the Anti Keller thread.
no one's being anti-keller, it's discussion about the spoilers.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 1st, 2008, 05:24 AM
Interesting, I wonder if Michael is responsible for this...

ussrelativity
August 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
Another week and a half, and we should get some details for the next one. The spoilers are coming faster and faster.

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 07:40 AM
Ew, what if Michael indeed did attack them because he found out Todd's the one that's been in contact with the Lanteans?

TBA
August 1st, 2008, 07:57 AM
If that's the case, you might get an epic Michael vs. Todd.

Spikey, pick your side please :P!

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'm not picking any sides! :lol:

It sure won't be the Lanteans' side, though! *g*

Platschu
August 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think we won't see Michael again. They mentioned 3 episode for him and if I know well, he will be in Whispers too next to the Prodigal.

Alan writes this episode, so I can hope only that Teyla will have more screentime here. :o

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM
That would be absolutely wonderful. :D

PG15
August 1st, 2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think Michael's in

Whispers. If so, then that spoiler has been kept REALLLLY under the wraps. I've never even heard of it

Anyway, I like McKeller, so it's good for me. :D Also, the fact that they're actually following up on this character arc (and yeah, it's a character arc) and building it up over a number of episodes is great continuity.

Mitchell82
August 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM

Agreed. Even the best of the best have doubts from time to time.

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Where is it stated that Michael will be in 3 eps?

I read over the part where it was said that he was in 'Whispers' and I got all 'woohoo' for Alan being someone who generally writes in Teyla a bit more.

Platschu
August 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Maybe I remembered to "Michael's lab", but it doesn't mean he has to be there. :o

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Maybe, yes. :D

After all, remember "Vengeance". He doesn't necessarily have to be there.

Maybe he already saw that the experiment had failed, and he just didn't come back for them. Or it's an ongoing one. After all, he has to begin again as long as he doesn't have the baby.

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 02:33 PM
You know what? The thing I noticed most is 'the crisis of confidence' thing... as if Keller's expertise isn't already in question by fans!! So, the story is about something the fans are already having problems with, but never mind, we'll just draw even more attention to that. ;) :lol:

Probably not the wisest of choices. :lol:

*tests out her spork for the hand holding* :eek: :eek: :eek: Ok it looks like it's working well, i'm good to go now. ;)

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
You know what? The thing I noticed most is 'the crisis of confidence' thing... as if Keller's expertise isn't already in question by fans!! So, the story is about something the fans are already having problems with, but never mind, we'll just draw even more attention to that. ;) :lol:

Probably not the wisest of choices. :lol:

*tests out her spork for the hand holding* :eek: :eek: :eek: Ok it looks like it's working well, i'm good to go now. ;)

Sporks can be pretty uselful, you know! :D

I have to admit, the 'crisis of confidence' issue baffles me. Why can't Keller be self-confident? Is it her age? Her personality? Because I'm getting tired of it. I'd want any doctor or medical professional to show caution and concern, sure, but I'd want them also to have confidence and self belief, otherwise why are they in that position of responsibility? :confused:

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
I don't think we can blame a 24-year old green CMO can be blamed for possibly not getting, or not knowing much about Wraith physiology.

At university, they didn't exactly have a 'how to mess around with space vampires' DNA' included in the course...

And I think it would give her a boost should Beckett be there again.

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
I don't think we can blame a 24-year old green CMO can be blamed for possibly not getting, or not knowing much about Wraith physiology.

At university, they didn't exactly have a 'how to mess around with space vampires' DNA' included in the course...

No, but it does irritate me that Keller lacks confidence generally. If she's a genius, she should be self assured, IMO. It's just something that bugs me about the character from time to time. :o

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM

Sporks can be pretty uselful, you know! :D

I have to admit, the 'crisis of confidence' issue baffles me. Why can't Keller be self-confident? Is it her age? Her personality? Because I'm getting tired of it. I'd want any doctor or medical professional to show caution and concern, sure, but I'd want them also to have confidence and self belief, otherwise why are they in that position of responsibility? :confused:

I may need spares, got any handy? ;)

I know, that's the one thing i've read time and time again on these boards, and I don't understand why when that's the case, the writers have decided to draw attention to it? *iz confused* Yes, I completely accept that Carson was the Wraith genetecist and that keller struggled as it's not her speciality, but for goodness sake, you'd think they'd want to empower a successful young woman and not draw attention to the things she can't do? *still confused*

jelgate
August 1st, 2008, 02:49 PM
Contray to popular belief not all geniuses are confident like McKay.

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 02:49 PM
I may need spares, got any handy? ;)

I know, that's the one thing i've read time and time again on these boards, and I don't understand why when that's the case, the writers have decided to draw attention to it? *iz confused* Yes, I completely accept that Carson was the Wraith genetecist and that keller struggled as it's not her speciality, but for goodness sake, you'd think they'd want to empower a successful young woman and not draw attention to the things she can't do? *still confused*
Maybe the idea is that it makes her more human and likeable? Though, I have to say, I think that might be a tad misguided :lol: I do like to see strong women. Someone not like me! :eek:

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
I'd disagree. A genius needn't be conceited or arrogant, yes, but self assured and full of self belief? I think so, personally. After all, they generally know the answers to the problems...

jelgate
August 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'd disagree. A genius needn't be conceited or arrogant, yes, but self assured and full of self belief? I think so, personally. After all, they generally know the answers to the problems...Their is a difference between having the knowledge to an answer and having self-confidence. I usually know most of the answers to a test but I still think I am going to fail

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM

Everyone has their weak points, I agree, but it's not about being socially confident, and Rodney, bless his little cotton socks has his vulnerabilities, but they're at least in proportion. With Keller, I personally feel it's too much the other way. She wouldn't have got to this stage if she wasn't good at what she does, but, and it's a biggie, she should be confident in her skills as a doctor, and the way it's worded seems to infer that she's unconfident in her abilities, which is something that concerns quite a few fans on this forum, and to be honest won't help people endear to her.

Maybe the idea is that it makes her more human and likeable? Though, I have to say, I think that might be a tad misguided :lol: I do like to see strong women. Someone not like me! :eek:

I like vulnerability and a crisis of confidence now and again, but once she starts questioning her own skills as a doctor, I don't know if the 'fandom' (apologies for generalising) would be able to let that go.

PG15
Well, it certainly doesn't apply to every genius.

I mean, I wouldn't say I'm a genius, but despite getting high marks in school I don't think of myself as that good; even when I'd get perfect on tests it's still not enough to really boost my confidence in my abilities. It's just who I am; and apparently, it's who Keller is, as well.

Yeah, I'm serious for once. :p

Linzi
Their is a difference between having the knowledge to an answer and having self-confidence. I usually know most of the answers to a test but I still think I am going to fail
But do you show your lack of confidence all the time? And are you a young genius in a postion of great responsibility?

jenks
August 1st, 2008, 02:57 PM
I'd disagree. A genius needn't be conceited or arrogant, yes, but self assured and full of self belief? I think so, personally. After all, they generally know the answers to the problems...

I still don't see what intelligence has got to do with self confidence, even if you do know all the answers, you don't know you're right until you're tested.

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM

As a matter of fact, sometimes supper brilliant people lack the ability to make contact with other people.

I don't see a problem in Keller not being self confident. If she had to study that much to get her degrees so early, one can assume she wasn't in all the special clubs in school, so maybe she had very little friends.

Besides, they're setting her up with McKay. If she had an ego like his, they'd need a three double king size bed just to fit them both on it... Well, you get what I mean.

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM

I mean, I wouldn't say I'm a genius, but despite getting high marks in school I don't think of myself as that good; even when I'd get perfect on tests it's still not enough to really boost my confidence in my abilities. It's just who I am; and apparently, it's who Keller is, as well.

But do you hesitate? Are you a skilled professional? With lives in your hands? I agree having vulnerabilities is good, but with Keller, for me, I just wish sometimes she'd be confident and sure of herself. She hesitates too much for me. I don't like to see medical professionals portrayed as being so lacking in confidence. It doesn't give me faith in them. I really want to like Keller more, and so far this season has been good. But when I read of more self doubt etc.. it just gets a bit old for me. Sorry. :o

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM
I still don't see what intelligence has got to do with self confidence, even if you do know all the answers, you don't know you're right until you're tested.
My experience has taught me, that people who are very bright generally are confident in their solutions to problems. A little self doubt is healthy, but Keller seems to doubt herself too much for my liking. Keller is a genius. In a position of responsibility. If she doubts herself so much, then I wonder why she's in the position she's in?

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM

As a matter of fact, sometimes supper brilliant people lack the ability to make contact with other people.

I don't see a problem in Keller not being self confident. If she had to study that much to get her degrees so early, one can assume she wasn't in all the special clubs in school, so maybe she had very little friends.

Besides, they're setting her up with McKay. If she had an ego like his, they'd need a three double king size bed just to fit them both on it... Well, you get what I mean.
Well, yes, that's the problem. Her lack of self confidence in this instance appears to be a plot device to get her to hold hands with McKay. That really doesn't work for me at the moment. Both as a woman, and a Stargate fan :eek:

PG15
August 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Well, I'm training to be a physicist, so there aren't any lives in my hands, nor am I professional, yet. :p

Still, I do hesitate a lot during labs when I have to actually put my knowledge to work, yes.

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM

No I agree, it's not the sort of thing they teach in med school, LOL, but she's been in the PG for over a year now, and would know the basics, and she's been researching the gene because of Carson, and looking at Michael's doohickey's, so it's not that she's lament in these areas. I'm just concerned that they're going to draw too much emphasis on this, when realisitcally, do the fans want to see Keller feeling unconfident? If you're infected by a wraith bug or something, do you want to know that the doc that's treating you has no confidence in their abilities to treat you?

I agree, confidence and intelligence don't go hand in hand, but we're talking about the areas that she's supposed to be confident in, and to me, I think it's not helping that they're making her look more unconfident given how some think she's been portrayed, why not go the opposite route and showing how much she's learned and is trying instead of just showing the hesitations?

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 03:07 PM
But do you show your lack of confidence all the time? And are you a young genius in a postion of great responsibility?

Well, we're quite frankly not following her around 24/7, so you can't say that she's always like this, at every moment of the day.

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Well, I'm training to be a physicist, so there aren't any lives in my hands, nor am I professional, yet. :p

Still, I do hesitate a lot during labs when I have to actually put my knowledge to work, yes.
I'm sure you're very smart, PG. But Keller is meant to be a wunderkind. Not your usual run of the mill smarty pants. But a genius way above her years. Yes, of course, it's all totally unrealistic and all, but I don't know, I just wish she'd be seen to be more....well, capable. She just hesitates too much and doesn't always seem suited for CMO. Maybe TPTB can turn that around for me? But the romance thing? Hmmmm, I'm just not sure about that at all. Smacks of a lack of knowing what to do with Keller...then again, I guess I'm not a fan of romance between regular cast members, especially if I see no spark there. But that's just me :)

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 03:11 PM
Well, we're quite frankly not following her around 24/7, so you can't say that she's always like this, at every moment of the day.
No. I can only judge what TPTB show me on screen. How else can I judge her? I need to see a more self confident young woman to be convinced she's in the right role. :)

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM

Ahhh, but do you hold your colleagues hands when you're in the middle of an experiment and having a crisis of confidence? ;)

Linzi
August 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ahhh, but do you hold your colleagues hands when you're in the middle of an experiment and having a crisis of confidence? ;)

Ok, so wine over the keyboard. *Has visions of PG with goggles and white labcoat on holding hands with a pretty young thing, while his lower lip wobbles in a moment of crisis*

PG15
August 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM

No, but there were moments... ;)

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM

Ok, so wine over the keyboard. *Has visions of PG with goggles and white labcoat on holding hands with a pretty young thing, while his lower lip wobbles in a moment of crisis*

Aint young love sweet. ;)

jelgate
August 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Ahhh, but do you hold your colleagues hands when you're in the middle of an experiment and having a crisis of confidence? ;):eek:Who told you?

Pegasus_SGA
August 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
:eek:Who told you?
Babes did you forget already, that' i'm all knowing. ;) I see there is still so much you must learn young whipper snapper. :P

Killdeer
August 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM

So far this season I'm not having the problems with Keller that I had last year. But....

My biggest question is still...if she's 24 and green, why is she CMO? I don't have a problem with her as a doctor, but I can't think of a reason in the world that a young inexperienced doctor, no matter how talented, should be put in charge of the medical department of a top secret military base. And lest I be misunderstood, let me say it again. I don't have a problem with her being there in Atlantis, I have a problem with her being in charge. And it doesn't help for the writers to continually play up her lack of self-confidence.

jenks
August 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Question: For this season, aside from what’s going on with Keller, they’ve been getting more arc-oriented. What’s excited you as you flip through and looked and the scripts and seen how you’re building towards mid-season. What has you excited about the flow through of the story they’re developing this year?

Jewel Staite: The thing I’m most excited about is her confidence. I’m so happy to see more of that. She was a bit of a scaredy-cat in Season 4 and was apprehensive and kind of shy and full of anxiety a lot of the time. A lot of that is dissipated this year and she’s become more forthright and believes in herself a little bit more and I really like that. She’s becoming a strong female character on the show and that’s always good to have more of those.

http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=1197&p=4

jelgate
August 1st, 2008, 04:31 PM
So far this season I'm not having the problems with Keller that I had last year.?* But....My biggest question is still...if she's 24 and green, why is she CMO??* I don't have a problem with her as a doctor, but I can't think of a reason in the world that a young inexperienced doctor, no matter how talented, should be put in charge of the medical department of a top secret military base.?* And lest I be misunderstood, let me say it again.?* I don't have a problem with her being there in Atlantis, I have a problem with her being in charge.?* And it doesn't help for the writers to continually play up her lack of self-confidence.Because this is televison which is never accurate. Also where has it said what Keller's age is?

GoSpikey
August 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Isn't she? :beckettanime14:

prion
August 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
http://io9.com/5032499/new-hints-about-terminator-4s-ending-and-a-surprise-villain-in-transformers-2

Stargate Atlantis:

The 17th episode of Stargate Atlantis season five, which airs in early 2009, introduces a new character, a Marine named Lt. Williams. He doesn't even get a first name, and if you were cynical, you might not be placing too much stock in his longevity. Why are you so cynical? I'm not even going to mention that Lt. Williams goes off on his own to explore a supposedly abandoned Wraith vessel that has turned up near Atlantis. Or that part of the wall melts and a gruesome-looking Wraith without his mask lunges out and attacks Williams. I certainly won't bring up that by the time Major Lorne and Col. Sheppard show up on the scene, there's nothing left of Williams except his rifle. Nope.

Meanwhile, Dr. Jennifer Keller is being pressured to expand her knowledge of Wraith physiology. She admits to Rodney McKay that she's suffering a lack of self-confidence, and McKay takes her hand as he encourages her. The two have been growing closer

Yaskaleh
August 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Well, you all make a hen out of a feather.

If you compare to season 4, she has been a lot more confident thus far in season 5. As has been mentioned she is quite young for her job and she is in another galaxy full of aliens and advanced technology. Who would not be low-confident when working wilth something completely new (the thing she works with in Infection) when the lives of a lot of people are at stake?

If you look at the 4 main character all of them have had some experience with the kind of life they live in Pegasus. Sheppard has been to war, fighting for his life. McKay worked with the SGC a few times to solve some very serious problems. Teyla was the leader of her people for quite some time and she has been living with the fear of the wraith for all of her life. Ronon fough and survived the fall of his homeworld and living many year as a runner being constantly hunted by the wraith.

What have Keller experienced beofre coming to atlantis? She was helping people in the third world. That is hardly enough to prepare her for the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy.

Keller is the one character I feel that seems the most natural.

Cautious Explorer
August 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Well, you all make a hen out of a feather.

If you compare to season 4, she has been a lot more confident thus far in season 5. As has been mentioned she is quite young for her job and she is in another galaxy full of aliens and advanced technology. Who would not be low-confident when working wilth something completely new (the thing she works with in Infection) when the lives of a lot of people are at stake?

If you look at the 4 main character all of them have had some experience with the kind of life they live in Pegasus. Sheppard has been to war, fighting for his life. McKay worked with the SGC a few times to solve some very serious problems. Teyla was the leader of her people for quite some time and she has been living with the fear of the wraith for all of her life. Ronon fough and survived the fall of his homeworld and living many year as a runner being constantly hunted by the wraith.

What have Keller experienced beofre coming to atlantis? She was helping people in the third world. That is hardly enough to prepare her for the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy.

That's the problem. She isn't experienced, and yet she was put in charge. Everyone else that we know of who was sent to Atlantis had prior experience in the stargate program. (Except for Sheppard, who would never have been considered if it weren't for his Ancient gene.)

She probaby is perfectly natural for a community hospital somewhere. Although with that same underconfident attitude, I still can't see her being put in charge there either.

Keller has experience working in third-world countries? I missed that. You'd think she'd be less delicate then.

Teal'c_PI
August 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I just hope that, in this upcoming episode, they don't kill Major Lorne. I know that, eventually, they will, given the fact that he's in the show more and more...but who will they get instead to back up the main team on off-world missions?

Anyway, I might as well add that I have no problem with Keller. In the first part of 'Missing' she was annoying, whiny, and maddening, but after that episode her character has surprisingly become more likeable. She's grown to be a better person.

chensuu
August 4th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Well, you all make a hen out of a feather. ...

I'm sorry...Third world countries??? What episode was this in?

:sheppard::ronan::mckay::teyla:

Naonak
August 4th, 2008, 10:24 AM
That's the problem. She isn't experienced, and yet she was put in charge. Everyone else that we know of who was sent to Atlantis had prior experience in the stargate program. (Except for Sheppard, who would never have been considered if it weren't for his Ancient gene.)

She probaby is perfectly natural for a community hospital somewhere. Although with that same underconfident attitude, I still can't see her being put in charge there either.
The way I understand it, Keller was originally just put in charge temporarily after Carson's death, until they brought someone new in, but did a good job and they decided to keep her in charge. And hey, it was Weir who put her in charge originally, so blame her... :p

Anyway, I think that in medical situations - dealing with Weir in First Strike/Adrift, especially - Keller's performed very well under pressure, it's just other crap like, you know, being hunted by cannibals that she doesn't cope well with.

Cautious Explorer
August 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
The way I understand it, Keller was originally just put in charge temporarily after Carson's death, until they brought someone new in, but did a good job and they decided to keep her in charge. And hey, it was Weir who put her in charge originally, so blame her... :p

Anyway, I think that in medical situations - dealing with Weir in First Strike/Adrift, especially - Keller's performed very well under pressure, it's just other crap like, you know, being hunted by cannibals that she doesn't cope well with.

Well she certainly didn't cope well with that! I'll agree. ;)

But I'm really not seeing any great competence as a physician or as a leader. Not to say that she's incompetent, but I'm not seeing anything special. I need to see a spark of confidence and authority in someone in charge. IMO Keller doesn't have it. She's supposed to be the one leading the way, not hesitating and doubting herself.

Yaskaleh
August 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry...Third world countries??? What episode was this in?

:sheppard::ronan::mckay::teyla:

Not any particular episode. It was something I read here on the forums. Someone had compiled data from interviews with Jewel staite and TPTB. It meantioned a little about her background.

chensuu
August 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Not any particular episode. It was something I read here on the forums. Someone had compiled data from interviews with Jewel staite and TPTB. It meantioned a little about her background.

Honestly, I'm not so sure. This is the first time I've ever read this - Keller working in Third World Countries prior to coming to Atlantis - anywhere.

:sheppard::mckay::ronan::teyla:

GoSpikey
August 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
When did she have time for that?

chensuu
August 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
When did she have time for that?

I have absolutely no idea! :confused:

:sheppard::mckay::ronan::teyla:

Mitchell82
August 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I just hope that, in this upcoming episode, they don't kill Major Lorne. I know that, eventually, they will, given the fact that he's in the show more and more...but who will they get instead to back up the main team on off-world missions?

Anyway, I might as well add that I have no problem with Keller. In the first part of 'Missing' she was annoying, whiny, and maddening, but after that episode her character has surprisingly become more likeable. She's grown to be a better person.
If they kill Lorne I know we'd need to call 911 for Linda as she'd be having a heart attack.;)

jelgate
August 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
and about every other female fan

Mitchell82
August 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM
and about every other female fan

How true.

Platschu
August 5th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I hope they won't continue the earlier trend to kill a popular character in every season for drama.

S3 : Sha're
S4 : Martouf
S5 : Aldwin, Narim, Daniel Jackson
S6 : Abydos, Skaara
S7 : Janet Fraiser, Osiris
S8 : Jacob Carter, Yu
S9 : Prometheus
S10 : Asgard
A S1 : Grodin
A S2 : Ford
A S3 : Beckett, Kolya
A S4 : Weir

GoSpikey
August 5th, 2008, 02:58 AM

These have all come back in some form or another...

Which makes me ask the question: what's wrong with Grodin?!?

I liked his accent, and I was happy to see him in an ep. :D

Mitchell82
August 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I hope they won't continue the earlier trend to kill a popular character in every season for drama.

Not all of those were just for drama. Sha're was killed off becuase Vaitiare and Michael had recently split and it was tough to work together. Martouf was orriginaly intended to actually come back and not remain dead but his schedule wouldn't allow it. Daniel's getting killed off had to do with some internal issue between him and TPTB same with Weir. As for the Goa'uld that were killed well that was inevitable. I didn't like loosing Janet, Jacob, Beckett or Weir but was pleased with the way it was done. Killing off characters and ships make the show more realistic. I do hope Lorne isn't killed though.

prion
August 5th, 2008, 02:04 PM

hmm, where was it mentioned she'd done medical work in the third world countries? but that would be as close as she could come to danger (although some inner city ERs can be, er, interesting).

the biggest trouble i have with Keller is they don't show her medical competency, which in turn shows how little the writers know about medical (even basic first aid at times).

Yaskaleh
August 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Well, I've been trying to find where I read that line about her working in the third world but no succes so ignore that part of the post :(.

Reiko
August 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM

» See, I think their attempts to make her more "natural" or whatnot are getting out of hand and always were out of hand. One of my favourite things about Carson, Elizabeth, John, Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney is that even though they do have extraordinary (yes, I would say unrealistic) skills in what they do - they are always treated as regular people in their relationships and how they act. Yeah, they have more special skills than all of us, but in spite of this they all hold (and were written with) a very down-to-earthliness. Keller, however is constantly being stacked up on a golden pedestal for whatever reason that may be. :S

A S5 : Keller

» *whistles innocently*

Mitchell82
August 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
» See, I think their attempts to make her more "natural" or whatnot are getting out of hand and always were out of hand. One of my favourite things about Carson, Elizabeth, John, Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney is that even though they do have extraordinary (yes, I would say unrealistic) skills in what they do - they are always treated as regular people in their relationships and how they act. Yeah, they have more special skills than all of us, but in spite of this they all hold (and were written with) a very down-to-earthliness. Keller, however is constantly being stacked up on a golden pedestal for whatever reason that may be. :S

A S5 : Keller

» *whistles innocently*
You are anything but innocent. Messa thinks you need to be punished. Here is your new budddy for awhile...http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/bigbird.gif

GoSpikey
August 6th, 2008, 04:54 AM

Teal'c_PI
August 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
»Keller, however is constantly being stacked up on a golden pedestal for whatever reason that may be. :S

I'm not sure I know just what you're mentioning. When did all this happen? All I remember being 'special' about Keller is in 'Quarantine', when she said that she graduated from college at 15. Unless I missed something in the season 5 episodes...

Showfan
August 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I'm not sure I know just what you're mentioning. When did all this happen? All I remember being 'special' about Keller is in 'Quarantine', when she said that she graduated from college at 15. Unless I missed something in the season 5 episodes...

I believe Keller said she graduated high school at fifteen. :)

PG15
August 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Small update:

Infection has started shooting (infirmary scenes in Stage 6 to start the day, then a move over to the hive ship set in the FX stage),

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/08/12/august-12-2008-another-yawn-study-production-update-lets-talk-cordelias-honor-mailbag-and-the-weird-food-purchase-of-the-day/

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I believe Keller said she graduated high school at fifteen. :)

I'm pretty sure you're right about that.

GoSpikey
August 13th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Infirmary scenes in "Infection" ?

Oh boy. Maybe they'll work on the 'newest cure' over there? Or are they bringing some Wraith into the infirmary, or what?

Infinatus
August 18th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Oh boy. Maybe they'll work on the 'newest cure' over there? Or are they bringing some Wraith into the infirmary, or what?

Or it's just classic whump. ;)

naamiaiset
August 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM

maybe keller passes out from fear of todd. :p

GoSpikey
August 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Hmm... Todd can get infirmaried, as far as I'm concerned. :P

Infinatus
August 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
maybe keller passes out from fear of todd. :p (assuming he's the wraith she has the "intelligent conversation" with)

Or (wo)manly hunger, bringing us full circle to Hide and Seek and solidifying McKeller. ;) :P

:S

Infinatus
August 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hmm... Todd can get infirmaried, as far as I'm concerned. :P

That would actually be very interesting. We haven't seen an alien medical emergency since One False Step... :P

GoSpikey
August 18th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Wow, that was far-fetched... :P

GoSpikey
August 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
That would actually be very interesting. We haven't seen an alien medical emergency since One False Step... :P

Well, if it's true that it's Todd's Hive, it might be logical that he's somewhat hurt, or passed out...

With those Warriors being in the walls, and no one is apparently anywhere in the ship, well, where they're supposed to be, meaning that if Todd flew the Hive over, he should be steering it, but he won't be, right?

So snatched into the walls he may be. :D

This might be a good horror episode? Although they said Whispers was the horror one...

morjana
August 19th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Actor Kavan Smith has an interview at SF Universe (http://www.sfuniverse.com/2008/08/18/supporting-atlantis-an-interview-with-kavan-smith/), and comments about his appearance in 'Infection.'

"The one I'm doing right now is called "The Infection" and without giving away too much; it's not necessarily his own storyline but Joe (Flannigan) and I work together quite a bit in this one. At least two-thirds of the episode are basically Joe and I, so even though it's not Lorne's own storyline, it's definitely a good one for the Lorne character. So fingers crossed that they might go another season and maybe throw a few more storylines in there for our boy."

GoSpikey
August 19th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Lol, I'm gonna guess 2/3rds is slightly exaggerated? I mean, it won't be 2/3rds of dialog between them, right?

Besides, Todd has to fit in there, too... :P

Laura Dove
August 19th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Lol, I'm gonna guess 2/3rds is slightly exaggerated? I mean, it won't be 2/3rds of dialog between them, right?
Besides, Todd has to fit in there, too... :P

That leaves 1/3 of the episode for Todd to scare Keller. ;) Maybe it's not just dialog between Sheppard and Lorne, they act side by side or something.

jelgate
August 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Do we even know if Todd is in this episode or is Spikey just acting crazy again.

GoSpikey
August 19th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Jelgate, go look in the mirror. :mckay:

TBA
August 19th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Do we even know if Todd is in this episode or is Spikey just acting crazy again.

Both, I s'pose.

naamiaiset
August 19th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Well, it’s a race to the finish line as Marty G. begins directing Brain Storm today (which, if you haven’t heard by now, will guest Dave Foley, Billy Nye, and Neil deGrasse Tyson), Alan preps Infection (in which Todd makes his return following the events of the mid-season two-parter), Carl (Identity) and Rob (Vegas) field questions about their respective episodes, while Paul continues work on the big season (series?) finale.)

from josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/july-31-2008-the-happening/ (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/july-31-2008-the-happening/)

GoSpikey
August 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Naami, for proving me sane! WOOPIE!!!!

GoSpikey
August 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Oh yeah, that's true, I added the "Todd" tag in here, lol.

naamiaiset
August 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks, Naami, for proving me sane! WOOPIE!!!!

even I can't work miracles. :p

GoSpikey
August 19th, 2008, 11:53 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Wendy_the_Bloody/Emoticons/rolleyes.gif

PG15
August 20th, 2008, 05:14 PM
A mention:

Well, this is an interesting time of year. All the scripts have been written so we know where the season and story arcs are going, and there's no more pitching or spinning to be done. Paul is collecting notes on the final episode of the season, entitled "Enemy at the Gate". Joe is editing episode 515 "Remnants", Alan's episode 517 "Infection" is shooting, there's a day 2 mix of episode 509 "Tracker" to watch, and we've been casting and prepping for episode 518 "Identity" and episode 519 "Vegas". But for the script coordinator (me!), much of the work on prepping scripts has already been done. So I'm taking the opportunity to help coordinate some of the aspects of the Vegas shoot, which will be heavy on legal clearance issues.

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/archives/2008/08/the_heat_of_sum.html

GoSpikey
August 22nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Aka: "Dude, What's Wrong With My Hive?"

melfan
August 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Aka: "Dude, What's Wrong With My Hive?"

I would so laugh if one of the Wraiths said that!

GoSpikey
August 23rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
:o

Fenrir Foxz
August 23rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Controls are jammed. :p

*watches wraith hive crash into a star*

GoSpikey
August 23rd, 2008, 05:45 AM
You're a tough one, right, FoXz?

Okay.

*Puts FoXz in a canon*

*Shoots him towards the endangered Hive*

*Watches The Flying FoXman bump the Hive off course*

There. :P

Fenrir Foxz
August 23rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
LOL :p

*FoXz rips through the hives hull causing a major breach*

*All wraith sucked into space*

*FoXz gets intercepted by his starship and jumps into hyperspace* :p

GoSpikey
August 23rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
I said you 'bumped' against it, signifying you didn't get in, but got shot away from the Hive in opposite direction, again... ;)

Fenrir Foxz
August 23rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
Yeah but due to the speed I was going at, I ripped through the hull rather than 'bumped' the hive. :p

GoSpikey
August 23rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
*Watches The Flying FoXman bump the Hive off course*

No, you were a vessel to get the Hive away from the bad star, nothing more... :P

Fenrir Foxz
August 23rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
Then your plan failed and caused the loss of many Wraith. :p

This should be an interesting episode.

GoSpikey
August 23rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
*Watches the FoXz move over to collide with the star himself.*

There. End of story.

About The Shrine
I kinda thought the number of Wraith on those two Hive ships a bit exaggerated?

If every Hive ship (there were supposed to be 60 in the first season, let's say they didn't build more, then 14 got shot down by us, so 46 tops left - minus the ones the Replicators got, but doesn't matter) carried 5,000 Wraith aboard (we were previously told 2,000 tops?) then 46 x 5,000 = 23 x 10,000 = 230,000?

That's a bit much, isn't it? Not saying that every Hive carries that much, but it's strange they're getting so cozy all of a sudden.

Wait, that shouldn't be here... :o

Infinatus
August 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
About The Shrine
I kinda thought the number of Wraith on those two Hive ships a bit exaggerated?

If every Hive ship (there were supposed to be 60 in the first season, let's say they didn't build more, then 14 got shot down by us, so 46 tops left - minus the ones the Replicators got, but doesn't matter) carried 5,000 Wraith aboard (we were previously told 2,000 tops?) then 46 x 5,000 = 23 x 10,000 = 230,000?

That's a bit much, isn't it? Not saying that every Hive carries that much, but it's strange they're getting so cozy all of a sudden.

Wait, that shouldn't be here... :o

Very off topic as that is... :P

230,000 isn't much for an entire species. Although I can see your point if you're referring to the fact that each feeding cycle 230,000 people would die so if there's only millions of humans in Pegasus as the writers seem to say then that's a plot hole. Though I'd imagine not all hive populations are the same. ;)

melfan
August 24th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Very off topic as that is... :P

230,000 isn't much for an entire species. Although I can see your point if you're referring to the fact that each feeding cycle 230,000 people would die so if there's only millions of humans in Pegasus as the writers seem to say then that's a plot hole. Though I'd imagine not all hive populations are the same. ;)

From what I have gathered, not all Wraith wake up at the same time, some go to sleep and other wakens, and they don't have the same feeding grounds either, they have their planets they go to after hibernating for a few hundreds of years, the only reason for all woke up at the same time was that Sheppard killed a Keeper and she new of a new feeding ground with billions of Humans for the taking, namely Earth. It only makes sence that that many Wraith exists.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 24th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I didnt find much of a problem with the Wraith numbers in the Shrine personally. I mean Hiveships are quite massive things and should be able to sustain such a large crew capacity.

Mitchell82
August 30th, 2008, 08:19 PM

How about a Keller takes her top off completely scene and makes out with Rodney.;) *Hey I'm a guy what do you expect*;)

Laura Dove
August 31st, 2008, 12:38 AM
How about a Keller takes her top off completely scene and makes out with Rodney.;) *Hey I'm a guy what do you expect*;)

I'd prefer a scene where she takes her top off with Todd. :wraithanime11: :p

naamiaiset
August 31st, 2008, 12:44 AM
I'd prefer a scene where she takes her top off with Todd. :wraithanime11: :p
do you realize how frightening that would be
for todd? :(
:p

keller has an "intelligent conversation with a wraith" (I presume it's todd) in this episode, I wonder what they talk about. all I can picture is keller scared out of her wits and todd enjoying every moment of it.

Laura Dove
August 31st, 2008, 01:11 AM
do you realize how frightening that would be
for todd? :(

Lol :)

keller has an "intelligent conversation with a wraith" (I presume it's todd) in this episode, I wonder what they talk about. all I can picture is keller scared out of her wits and todd enjoying every moment of it.

Yep, Jewel Staite said something like that in an interview, and it promises to be yet another wonderful Todd scene. First time scared Keller will actually be interesting! :D

GoSpikey
August 31st, 2008, 02:21 AM
:indeed: Poor Todd...

Well, Todd has to verify that the treatment is good, or that it needs some tweaking on some places, right?

And that happens in a convo with Keller. Who he's probably frightened a bit in 5x10-5x11... lol.

Or he got scared of her, gained some respect for her, when he saw her with a P90? :lol:

naamiaiset
September 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
Portlandbound writes: “What episode did you like the best to direct from Atlantis or SG1? If you could pick any of the Executive Producers of Atlantis you found gave you the most trouble when directing? Was their a script you felt was hard to direct and what was it? Thanks for your time!”

Answer: The hardest scripts to direct were Vengeance (making one hall look like many, and trying to make the creature attacks scary) and Infection (6 days in the Hive set – a fate worse than death).

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/september-3-2008-director-andy-mikita-calls-the-shots-and-the-weird-food-purchase-of-the-day/

melfan
September 4th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Interesting

GoSpikey
September 4th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Yeah, I read that too.

Of course, though, I was squee-ing... :P

Platschu
September 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM
As viewers and Wraith fans, we can happy that their newest standing set became a Wraith Hive. We will get more Wraith connected episodes, because they have to use it in more episode. :D

GoSpikey
September 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Now you're suddenly back to being a Wraith fan? :beckettanime14:

Strange.

jelgate
September 4th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Their is a difference between Wraith fans and the Wraith thunkers

Platschu
September 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Now you're suddenly back to being a Wraith fan? :beckettanime14:

Strange.

Tell me, GoSpikey, if you found yourself burning alive to watch a new SG episode, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

I always was and I always will be a loyal Goa'uld fan, but nowadays I began to like the Wraith more and more.... :wraithqueen17:

Risem
September 6th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Their is a difference between Wraith fans and the Wraith thunkers

Well said. :D

Though sometimes a very thin line. *giggles*

PG15
September 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
And we know who the director is now...

Since doing this interview, Mikita has directed two additional season five Atlantis stories, "The Prodigal" and "Infection".

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/080904-atlantis-andy-mikita.html

GoSpikey
September 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Yay!

naamiaiset
September 15th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I want to see keller call todd by his "name" in this. I think todd's reaction would be priceless.

GoSpikey
September 16th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Todd: *Snarls* "What did you just refer to me as?"

Jeff O'Connor
September 16th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Todd: "I already eat farmers, and from my understanding, your planet has a bad habit of killing doctors. I'm sure I could aid such efforts..."

naamiaiset
September 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Todd: "I already eat farmers, and from my understanding, your planet has a bad habit of killing doctors. I'm sure I could aid such efforts..."
all the sudden, mckay rushes to keller's rescue...
mckay - wait, he said doctors, didn't he? ...crap. :mckay:
todd - :wraithanime11:

Jeff O'Connor
September 16th, 2008, 11:57 PM
all the sudden, mckay rushes to keller's rescue...
mckay - wait, he said doctors, didn't he? ...crap. :mckay:
todd - :wraithanime11:

Heheh. ;)

jorgen3
September 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
summary for Infection

MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
The official summary is not available as this episode has not yet aired in the United States.

Spoiler Summary
Sheppard, Lorne, Lt. Williams (one of Lorne’s men), and Marines are aboard a Wraith hive ship. They are spread out, but in radio contact. With orders to report “anything unusual”, Lt. Williams immediately radios Lorne as soon as he sees a wall “melting”. As he approaches the wall to get a closer look, he is grabbed by a Wraith drone who isn’t wearing the normal bony mask. The Wraith drags Williams off, leaving his unfired weapon behind.

When Williams fails to continue his report, Lorne, Sheppard, and a Marine look for him at his last location, but only find his weapon. Lorne asks if this is cause for reinforcements to be sent from Atlantis.

Meanwhile, Keller is faced with working with Wraith physiology and “having the fate of the galaxy hang in the balance.” She is being encouraged by McKay, who manages to get her to smile. He even takes her hand in a gesture of encouragement.

Cast
Joe Flanigan as Lt. Col. John Sheppard
Rachel Luttrell as Teyla Emmagan
Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex
Jewel Staite as Dr. Jennifer Keller
Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey
and David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
Guest Stars
Kavan Smith as Maj. Lorne
Christopher Heyerdahl as Todd
Lt. Williams
Marine

Jeff O'Connor
September 19th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Coolness. Thanks.

naamiaiset
September 19th, 2008, 06:08 AM
we knew that a long time ago. :p

GoSpikey
September 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I'd be dead if I didn't have spoilers by page 12, yet... :P

naamiaiset
September 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
so, who wants to go persuade JM for new spoilers on this episode? :p

GoSpikey
September 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
WOW, is that truly the last thing that was said on this thread? :eek:

I believe that...

Todd might consider having some of his Warriors treated? Just to see if it works on the ones who take away most of his meals...

Maybe he's even in Atlantis when another Hive comes and sits above them?

It might also mean that Michael is still alive. No need for conversations if he's no longer there. Unless it bothers him that he's backing down on his word then..

Jumper_One
September 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
WOW, is that truly the last thing that was said on this thread? :eek:

I believe that...

Todd might consider having some of his Warriors treated? Just to see if it works on the ones who take away most of his meals...

Maybe he's even in Atlantis when another Hive comes and sits above them?

It might also mean that Michael is still alive. No need for conversations if he's no longer there. Unless it bothers him that he's backing down on his word then..

why would he be dead?

naamiaiset
September 27th, 2008, 11:31 AM
why would he be dead?
Michael? The Prodigal, possibly.

Jumper_One
September 27th, 2008, 11:33 AM

yeah it's possible but I don't think so

GoSpikey
September 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Me neither. For starters for the fact that it would be *lame*...

Jeff O'Connor
September 27th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Overall, I think killing Michael off in 'The Prodigal' would be a pretty bad move. Whatever Mallozzi and Mullie had in mind for the sixth season, I would hope keeping him around at least until then would be one of them. That said, applying a continuation/resolution of his arc to the first telefilm would be equally sensible.

He's an ongoing, ever-present threat; more than anything else in the series. Having the first telefilm deal with other threads because he's already kicked the bucket would be bad in my opinion; it would require either introducing someone else for the 'full-on antagonist' role or, I suppose, having TLT as the nemesis. In which case, maybe not such a bad idea -- they're getting a damn good reception so far. But having both? Now that could be spectacular.

GoSpikey
September 27th, 2008, 02:46 PM
True, true. It would make sure that at least people will watch/buy the first movie.

(I'm not too happy about the fact they're broadcasting it first, they don't do so with SG-1 movies either!)

But I wonder what will happen next. A boring Genii movie? Another Todd movie? Wraith related things? Discovering a lab? Bringing back Ford in a movie is lame, he exploded, if they give a general idea of what's to come of the Wraith in the first movie, are we sure *more* movies of anything are required? I mean, for a movie, you need a decent plot... :S

Are the 'new enemies' true enemies? If they're just 'lost' we can help them find their home again, right? I mean, if they want to, they could end the 'new enemy arc' in the next ep already...

But enough about the movies now, as this isn't the place? :o

Infinatus
September 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM

I'm hoping he escapes with Torren so that he can perfect his hybrids.