X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Close Up: David Hewlett

From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=83

(Please followo the link for the complete article/interview.)

Close Up: David Hewlett

June 3, 2008 (Actors)

We saw him spend his life setting right a wrong at the end of season four – so what’s Stargate Atlantis’ fifth year got in store for Dr. Rodney McKay?

Photo courtesy of MGM Stargate

A brief excerpt:

David Hewlett, the actor behind the ever-irritating and indeed, irritated, Dr. Rodney McKay, is enjoying his first period of ‘down time’ since filming on Stargate Atlantis’ fifth season began. According to Hewlett, McKay is having quite a time of it this year – and he’s happy to tell us all about it.

“It’s been amazing,” he says, with obvious enthusiasm. “I’ve got my first break; there’s an episode, ‘Whispers’, where I just have a couple of cute little scenes with the lovely and talented Paul McGillion, so I’ve actually had a few days off. But it’s been amazing. The episode I’m most excited about so far is called ‘The Shrine,’ which we’ve just finished shooting. It’s Brad Wright’s triumphant return to writing scripts for Atlantis, and it’s just great. It’s a really meaty McKay episode, but the great thing about Brad is that he may write episodes that are kind of McKay-centered, but he’s so good at bringing in all the other characters as well. So it’s just a great ensemble piece where I get to do some acting,” he laughs. “I love running around shooting things and techno babble and all, but it’s just nice to go, ‘Wow, I actually have to act…’ I can’t just have fun I actually have to do some serious work!”

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Cool stuff.

Comment

OMFG, that photo! *points at the picture* *faints*

Thanks for posting. I like the part where he says it´s nice to act for a change.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
        OMFG, that photo! *points at the picture* *faints*

Thanks for posting. I like the part where he says it´s nice to act for a change.
        Breathe, Klenotka, breathe!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

very interesting article, thanks
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

[QUOTE=morjana;8348000][B]

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=83

(Please followo the link for the complete article/interview.)

Close Up: David Hewlett

June 3, 2008 (Actors)

We saw him spend his life setting right a wrong at the end of season four – so what’s Stargate Atlantis’ fifth year got in store for Dr. Rodney McKay?

!” [/I]

Please note, spoilerphobes should realize this interview contains season 5 SPOILERS.

Comment

Working...
            X