Goa'uld Maintanance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld Maintanance

I was wondering on the maintenance and repair of Goa'uld tech. Who does it? Teal'c says he knows nothing of there technology. So are there some Jaffa Warriors who do. Jaffa scientists? Is it lesser Goa'uld - like that goa'uld that worked for Ba'al then the Ori. I know Jaffa soilders have gotten systems back online such as shields or weapons, but that doesn't mean they know anything about the technology behind it. I'm not after a definite answer per say, just your thoughts on it.

I remeber that episode where they killed Camulus... I think.... well the guy who killed Teal'c's dad anyway. So when Camulus ordered that other Goa'uld to examine the robot versions of Carter, Teal'c and dead-Jackson, I would say that the lesser Goa'uld like her would be the ones that keep the technology up to date or whatever.

The problem there would be why would a System Lords employ the use of a lesser Goa'uld to keep their systems up to date if there is a chance that that Goa'uld would betray them in order to gain powers and armies of their own... hmmm
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      I remeber that episode where they killed Camulus... I think.... well the guy who killed Teal'c's dad anyway. So when Camulus ordered that other Goa'uld to examine the robot versions of Carter, Teal'c and dead-Jackson, I would say that the lesser Goa'uld like her would be the ones that keep the technology up to date or whatever.

The problem there would be why would a System Lords employ the use of a lesser Goa'uld to keep their systems up to date if there is a chance that that Goa'uld would betray them in order to gain powers and armies of their own... hmmm
      These lower Goa'uld do know the tech, they're kind of geeks, BUT they're either happy at their position (which would still be temporary, on the scale of centuries or millenia), or don't have the power to overthrow their master.
      Some of the higher Goa'uld do the stuff themselves.

It's also rather clear that will the technology displayed by the Goa'uld, the control of matter at the nanoscale (helmets, armour, bits of hardware folding in and out in impossible ways, automatized construction of landing pads, etc.), they can have self repair on their ships.
      Please consider that we've never seen a ha'tak being repaired other than by fiddling with crystals in the core room.
      We've seen defenses, weapons, sensors and hyperdrives being "repaired" from that room.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

It was Chronos who killed Teal'c's father.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          It was Chronos who killed Teal'c's father.
          Thats right! Camulus was the guy who seeked refuge at the SGC no?
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            These lower Goa'uld do know the tech, they're kind of geeks, BUT they're either happy at their position (which would still be temporary, on the scale of centuries or millenia), or don't have the power to overthrow their master.
            Some of the higher Goa'uld do the stuff themselves.

It's also rather clear that will the technology displayed by the Goa'uld, the control of matter at the nanoscale (helmets, armour, bits of hardware folding in and out in impossible ways, automatized construction of landing pads, etc.), they can have self repair on their ships.
            Please consider that we've never seen a ha'tak being repaired other than by fiddling with crystals in the core room.
            We've seen defenses, weapons, sensors and hyperdrives being "repaired" from that room.
            It does not mean that they do not do exterior maintenance and repair; their nano-technology is very advanced, but the ancients were more advanced and they still had certain maintenance from orbital and sub-orbital shipyards.

My point in the other thread about fleet maintenance and logistics is not going to never be shown on the show due to one important point:
            The show does not focus on that portion of things; it focuses on the big picture, important ship battles, and characters that help discover or make the things; not their maintenance.

Of all the Sci-fi shows currently, only Battlestar Galactica even approaches the concept of "Dirty Hands", which works for them because it increases the political drama. Stargate is not equipped for that type of show and it will most likely at best make vague references of maintenance or shipyards.
            Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Comment

Originally posted by Forthestars View Post
              It does not mean that they do not do exterior maintenance and repair; their nano-technology is very advanced, but the ancients were more advanced and they still had certain maintenance from orbital and sub-orbital shipyards.
              Yes they handle things much differently. The Ancients never pretended to be Gods, protective of the only element which let them reign over millions of soldiers.
              I'm not saying Goa'uld wouldn't repair a ship by mounting naqahdah panels onto the damaged sections or else.
              I'm saying that their dogma forces them to reduce human intervention as much as possible, and that from what we saw, the Goa'uld would have a good reason to use nano tech for their industry.
              It's not because the Lantians had better toys that they made the best choices or used them properly.

My point in the other thread about fleet maintenance and logistics is not going to never be shown on the show due to one important point:
              The show does not focus on that portion of things; it focuses on the big picture, important ship battles, and characters that help discover or make the things; not their maintenance.

Of all the Sci-fi shows currently, only Battlestar Galactica even approaches the concept of "Dirty Hands", which works for them because it increases the political drama. Stargate is not equipped for that type of show and it will most likely at best make vague references of maintenance or shipyards.
              We have instance of alien shipyards and maintainance hangars:
              - Apophis' supership, never finished.
              - The Ha'tak' flying platform in Orpheus.
              - Hangars, where Death Gliders and Al'keshes were repaired. Now, this knowledge of Goa'uld technology couldn't be acquired out of the blue, even this happened after the Goa'uld fall. You'll always wonder how the people, notably working with the Lucian Alliance, got their hands on this info. Maybe there are surviving minor Goa'ulds working there.
              - Inferno, with the Orion.
              - Ori primitive shipyards.
              - The hangar where the Ceberus was repaired.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I'm sure that some goa'ulds would have a trusted slave do minimal repairs. Also, for Jaffa not knowing the systems, it may be that only some jaffa don't. Lord Yu's first prime, for example, more than likely has the knowledge to make repairs. Since he takes care of Lord Yu, Yu could have given him knowledge how to fix goa'uld tech.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, but to repair Ha'taks, he takes a lot more than a few trusted First Primes. The First Primes are very special Jaffa, who are more or less aware of the whole Goa'uld set up.
                  Yu's one had a lot of respect for his Lord, and got used to the truth quite late, as he told to a captive Teal'c that he'd have outright killed Teal'c for what he said about the Goa'uld being false gods not so far ago.
                  In Summit, we saw one who was actually aspiring being given his own symbiote, and surprisingly aware of the system the Goa'uld relied on.

Other than that, you had Teal'c, Apophis' First Prime, who didn't know a thing about how his Lord achieved the magitech, as we saw when he went back to Chulak to see Dre'auc.

So with those facts, and those about the manipulation of metal at the nanoscale, the folding structures, the self building structures as seen on Cimmeria, and the fact that Jacob could repair a Ha'tak's key systems from the main room, I don't see much left to dispute the theory of automatized repairs.

Comment

Working...
                  X