Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much needed explorating and technology of Atlantis(SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much needed explorating and technology of Atlantis(SPOILERS)

I think finaly we will find out some of the secrets Atlantis has been hiding in the episdoe "Before I Sleep" http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/1x5.shtml
    Check out the pics, the old lady in there is Dr. Weir. I believe once they take her out of stasis she will reveal technology that the Ancients told her about, or shower her, while she was in the city with them. Such things might include a healing device. Since you know there will be no way they will ever leave Weir in her aged state.

Ya, i know i messed up the title. I'm sick, give me a break.
    Last edited by dd78matt; 02 November 2004, 02:46 PM.

Normally, I don't read SG spoilers, but I couldn't resist this time.

SUH-WEET!

Comment

Also we might get some history on Atlantis and allies that we humans could use, from the Ancients while Dr. Weir is there.

Comment

We also find out about the timeship created by the Ancients. Most likely though, something will happen that will cause the Atlantis team to feel that it must be destroyed.
        Rocky

Comment

Either that or Weir dies before she can inform anyone about most things the Ancients had as secrets.
          Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
            Either that or Weir dies before she can inform anyone about most things the Ancients had as secrets.
            It's possible that the older Weir doesn't even know that much regarding the Ancients secrets.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              We also find out about the timeship created by the Ancients. Most likely though, something will happen that will cause the Atlantis team to feel that it must be destroyed.
              Sounds like Star Trek: Voyager

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
              Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
              "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
              My deviantART profile

Comment

Erm.... Weir will have to pilot the timeship back 10,000 years, where it gets destroyed/damaged/unusable (I forget what the spoiler report said). Then that Weir freezes herself.

What I don't understand is why the frozen Weir is old? But I'll take that up in a more appropriate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                  Erm.... Weir will have to pilot the timeship back 10,000 years, where it gets destroyed/damaged/unusable (I forget what the spoiler report said). Then that Weir freezes herself.

What I don't understand is why the frozen Weir is old? But I'll take that up in a more appropriate thread.
                  Uh, one of two things:
                  1. She was already old when she went in (very likely)
                  2. The Stasis pod doesn't keep the person from aging altogether, rather slows it down to an incredibly slow crawl (but, of course, given 10 THOUSAND years, it would show)

And yes, destroying a timeship sounds too much like Star Trek. They'll most likely be keeping it until it becomes a key plot device, triggering the leaving or Weir (NOOOOOOO!!!! I need more Torri!)
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    Yes, but the current Weir hasn't taken it back yet, so it's lying in some hangar in Atlantis.
                    Rocky

Comment

Yes, but the current Weir hasn't taken it back yet, so it's lying in some hangar in Atlantis.
                      I don't know if this would be a spoiler but just to be safe I did it this way.
                      Spoiler:
                      If the current actress that plays Weir wants to leave SGA, it would be a great way for her to leave the show

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        I don't know if this would be a spoiler but just to be safe I did it this way.
                        Spoiler:
                        If the current actress that plays Weir wants to leave SGA, it would be a great way for her to leave the show
                        It's probably not happening, at least not anytime soon, because we would have heard about it if that were the case.
                        Rocky

Comment

Phew. I love Dr. Weir. If Torri left the show, I'd be crushed...

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                            Sounds like Star Trek: Voyager
                            I've also noticed TPTB have dusted off some old sci-fi series scripts for the first season of Atlantis (that is common practice in the TV industry).

Even the Wraith - a long-sleeping, invincible enemy - mistakenly awakened by humans, that now are devastating worlds throughout the galaxy." Hmmm. Substitute the word "Shadows" for "Wraith" and you have the major story conflict for Babylon 5.

My hope is that as SGA characters and story arcs evolve, then TPTB won't have to rely on outside scripts for their ideas anymore.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It’s possible that the old weir will reveal technology that they might use in season final Siege against the wraith.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X