Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Continuum - MGM Stargate: The Making of Continuum (Pt 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Continuum - MGM Stargate: The Making of Continuum (Pt 1)

From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=84

(Please follow the link for the complete MGM Stargate article. Photo at the site courtesy of Martin Wood.)

The Making of Continuum (Pt 1)

May 29, 2008 (General)

From the frozen wastes of the Arctic Circle to the terrors of a changed timeline, the SG-1 team’s latest adventure is their most amazing yet! Writer and Executive Producer Brad Wright opens our series on the making of Stargate Continuum.

A brief excerpt:

**snippity doo-dah**

[Richard Dean] Anderson isn’t the only familiar face that long-term fans will recognize in Continuum, either. Amongst others, William Devane returns as President Hayes and Cliff Simon reappears as SG-1’s old Nemesis Ba’al – which provided an opportunity for Wright to explore a few alternative paths for another favorite face.

“I wasn’t going to use Vala as extensively as I did,” Wright explains, “and then Robert [Cooper] suggested a certain twist that makes her far more villainous and essential to the final part of the movie.”

In fact, Claudia Black gets a chance to explore Vala’s life before ridding herself of Qetesh. “It’s fun because this is a Qetesh that would have been different, even from the other timeline,” Wright points out, “because this is a Qetesh who was forced into marriage with Ba’al. Ba’al says, ‘I want you to be my queen’, which is a Goa’uld way of imposing servitude. But Qetesh is a Goa’uld, and obviously wants the power for herself.”

**snippage**

Watch out for the second part of our chat with writer and executive producer Brad Wright – coming soon!

Story by Sharon Gosling
    Photo Courtesy Martin Wood

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Cool! (Pun not intended!) Thanks for the link. Can't wait for this film!
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

sweet, thanks
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

I have been waiting for something like this to show up.

Comment

Thank you very much, morjana.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Extensive use of Vala!!! Now that's what I was waiting to hear.

Honestly, what with this and the recent good news from JM I am looking forward to this movie more and more.
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I just hope he will have Vala in future movies too it seems like he doesn't like her too much well I am glad she is in use more than she was first going to be.
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  I just hope he will have Vala in future movies too it seems like he doesn't like her too much well I am glad she is in use more than she was first going to be.
                  And we have to thank R. Cooper for that.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Just curious, why do you say that?
                    My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
                    A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

Me too. As far as I'm concerned any future outing for the Stargate franchise, be it new movies or another spin-off, need Vala, and Daniel of course.

Vala is, to me, without a doubt the most exciting, vibrant and downright interesting female character in the Stargate universe.
                      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

There is also a video on the stargate website now about the air force and navy in continuum!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=84

(Please follow the link for the complete MGM Stargate article. Photo at the site courtesy of Martin Wood.)

A brief excerpt:

**snippity doo-dah**

“I wasn’t going to use Vala as extensively as I did,” Wright explains, “and then Robert [Cooper] suggested a certain twist that makes her far more villainous and essential to the final part of the movie.”

In fact, Claudia Black gets a chance to explore Vala’s life before ridding herself of Qetesh. “It’s fun because this is a Qetesh that would have been different, even from the other timeline,” Wright points out, “because this is a Qetesh who was forced into marriage with Ba’al. Ba’al says, ‘I want you to be my queen’, which is a Goa’uld way of imposing servitude. But Qetesh is a Goa’uld, and obviously wants the power for herself.”

**snippage**
                          Well, thank goodnes for Cooper's suggestion because otherwise I do believe that Continuum wouldn't be so interesting. I've always wanted to know more about Qetesh and it sounds an interesting way to see it.

That twist they're talking about makes me wonder. I remember GW's review that indicated the twist leads to a sequel.
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Thank you morjana!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X