Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302 VS. Starfury

My money is on the Fury.

While the 302 has inercial dampeners, i'm in doubt as to whether it's aerospike engines can generate teh same thrust as the Fury's four engines.

The Fury also outguns the 302, with 6 main guns, and 8 missiles(designed purely for vacuum flight). The main guns have a range of 15000m(thirdspace). And deliver 20 megajoules pwr bolt(colector cards). It also has to of it's six main guns facing backwards.

Starfury pilots are also more aware of their battelfield and more capabel of handling their fighter though a mixture of HUD, voice, eye and hand/pedal controls.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    My money is on the Fury.

While the 302 has inercial dampeners, i'm in doubt as to whether it's aerospike engines can generate teh same thrust as the Fury's four engines.

The Fury also outguns the 302, with 6 main guns, and 8 missiles(designed purely for vacuum flight). The main guns have a range of 15000m(thirdspace). And deliver 20 megajoules pwr bolt(colector cards). It also has to of it's six main guns facing backwards.

Starfury pilots are also more aware of their battelfield and more capabel of handling their fighter though a mixture of HUD, voice, eye and hand/pedal controls.
    couldnt have said it better myself

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I was just watching thirdspace =D

Starfury by far =D

White Star, or Oddy ? I guess oddy cuz of the force field, but still prefer White Star style and size/crew.

Comment

in the atmosphere, a 302. star furies only operate in space. the model that replaced it would beat the 302 though

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
          I was just watching thirdspace =D

Starfury by far =D

White Star, or Oddy ? I guess oddy cuz of the force field, but still prefer White Star style and size/crew.
          in space i'd agree a starfury would win easily. afterall if a 302 is on your tail and you're in a starfury, you just do a 180 and blow the 302 apart.

I'd also go with the whitestar. I love those things.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What about the armor? Furys have 4 cm of armor, isn't the 302 made out of naquadah alloy?

Comment

What the hell is a starfury?

Comment

Thunderbolt fury

While in an atmosphere th 302 will be more maneuverable, in space the fury will just slaughter 302's.

The 302 relies too heavily on missiles, with the rail gun(right?) no where near as strong as the standard pulse cannons of a Fury.

a Thunderbolt can't land and take off again in atmosphere, but then again it's engines are built for space flight unlike the chemical rocket that pushes the 302.

Comment

If they introduced drone launchers then the 302 by far. Also the 302 can create hyperspace windows.
                  Originally posted by Craig Charles
                  "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                    If they introduced drone launchers then the 302 by far. Also the 302 can create hyperspace windows.
                    that can go three times the distance between the earth and moon and you might blow up when you get there. We are talking about tech that the 302 has. not what the next fighter might have.

Comment

using naquada it can make a short hyperspace flight.
                      Originally posted by Craig Charles
                      "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

A very short for that matter...
                        In general I prefer Babylon 5 space battles... It`s always bigger.. A lot of ships fighting each other....

In stargate, usually "our side" only have 1 or 2, but win because of the shields...

I really loved all scenes when "the bad guys" were about to attack and than an entire fleet of white stars jumped of hyperspace =D
                        Btw, it`s been a long time since I watched the show, but I guess the White Star can fix itself over time, cuz of the vorlon organic tech, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                          Thunderbolt fury

While in an atmosphere th 302 will be more maneuverable, in space the fury will just slaughter 302's.

The 302 relies too heavily on missiles, with the rail gun(right?) no where near as strong as the standard pulse cannons of a Fury.

a Thunderbolt can't land and take off again in atmosphere, but then again it's engines are built for space flight unlike the chemical rocket that pushes the 302.
                          Actualy, maneuvrability might not be much of a factor, the T-bolt has a realy big, powerful, gun with insane rate of fire. A energy based vulcan minigun basicaly.

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                          Only the Prototype(X-3020) had such a device, it was deleted on production run models as they weren't able to compensate for the naquadriah instabilities.

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
                          A very short for that matter...
                          In general I prefer Babylon 5 space battles... It`s always bigger.. A lot of ships fighting each other....

In stargate, usually "our side" only have 1 or 2, but win because of the shields...

I really loved all scenes when "the bad guys" were about to attack and than an entire fleet of white stars jumped of hyperspace =D
                          Btw, it`s been a long time since I watched the show, but I guess the White Star can fix itself over time, cuz of the vorlon organic tech, right ?
                          Yes an no, yes the organic(nanotechnological) armor will regenerate but interior systems....that's up for debate.

Comment

The Whitestar would get so royally owned by the Odyssey. Wouldn't be able to penetrate the shields before being blown out of the sky. One shot from the Asgard beam will probably take it out.

A more fair match, Victory class destroyer (3000 meters of destruction and the most advanced warship built by earth using Vorlon, think Ancient tech and Minbari tech). I would give the slilght edge to the Victory class.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              The Whitestar would get so royally owned by the Odyssey. Wouldn't be able to penetrate the shields before being blown out of the sky. One shot from the Asgard beam will probably take it out.

A more fair match, Victory class destroyer (3000 meters of destruction and the most advanced warship built by earth using Vorlon, think Ancient tech and Minbari tech). I would give the slilght edge to the Victory class.
                              No, Odyssey's plot shields are completly impermeable. But even they can't protect against an Andromeda-verse ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X