This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Stargate (in general).

Hi everyone, i've recently been inspired to join this fan group as I have finally decided to get into Stargate Sg1 and take it from the very beginning (i've seen the film). I've only seen the Pilot so far and it looks promising. I especially loved the ending with the glowing eyes.

I know I must sound really dated and far behind (because i am)! But it's just a pleasure to finally sit down to this show and experience it for the first time. I can't wait to see how the characters develop.

My name is Joel.

No you're not the only one! I've only finished watching the series for the first time in the past couple of weeks. Sit down, grab some popcorn, and get ready for a great tv experience. If you're already hooked after the pilot (as I was too...) then you're going to love the rest of the series.
    sigpic
    Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

I've seen screencaps of some of the later seasons, plus some from the Atlantis, series, it looks absolutely mind blowing. I can't wait to get to some of that stuff. It's a shame that Richard Dean Anderson leaves though.

Comment

It is a shame that RDA leaves but you will have a good 8 seasons of him first! God, I'm sooo jealous, lol. Anyway, I'm sure you'll love the rest of it if you loved the pilot. It's always great to see new people get into SG1 after such a long time.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Man, I wish I could go back and watch them all again for the first time! I would love to be absolutley blown away again!!
          Sphere…planet. Label…name.
          Following…still…you…not!

Comment

Excellent! It is so cool to see new people watching the show for the first time. Enjoy it!

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

I just finished watching "The Enemy Within".

Ep review:

I would have liked them to have kept Kowalsky, he seemed like such an interesting ensemble cast member. But, on the other hand, the writers also needed to portray the Goa'uld as ruthless and difficult to defeat. I suppose if we had a totally happy ending it would have been too easy, too soon and too fast.

But I enjoyed the performances, the characters are starting to develop, the story kept me interested the whole time. I like where this is headed.

Just to clarify my understanding:

Goa'uld - the parasite/worm which penetrates the human to convert them into a Jaffa.

Jaffa - a human (or other species) that has been penetrated by a Goa'uld and is under its control. The human becomes the host to the Goa'uld ,like Teal'C.

Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by TryWhistlingThis View Post

Goa'uld - the parasite/worm which penetrates the human to convert them into a Jaffa.

Jaffa - a human (or other species) that has been penetrated by a Goa'uld and is under its control. The human becomes the host to the Goa'uld ,like Teal'C.

Is this correct?
                Not exactly. The Jaffa aren't 'hosts' to the Goa'uld larvae; they're more like incubators. Once a larva matures it leaves the Jaffa and takes a human host.
                If it comes down to it, I will have a plan. In fact I've cleared my whole afternoon for planning.

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

Is this correct?
                  No.

Goa'uld - A parasite that uses humans as hosts through mind control, totally consuming and overshadowing the personality of the host. The goa'uld also gains controls of all the memories of the original host. The goa'uld implants itself around the spine, going up through the back of the head to connect to the brain.

Jaffa - a race created by the Goa'uld to be incubators for their larvae. The Jaffa are essentially humans, who maintain complete control of their personalities and actions. The Goa'uld implanted in them drastically improves their immune system and ability to heal from wounds, however they are dependent on them. Without the symbiote, as it is referred to, their immune system will rapidly shut down and they will die.
                  sigpic
                  Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Risti View Post
                    No.

Goa'uld - A parasite that uses humans as hosts through mind control, totally consuming and overshadowing the personality of the host. The goa'uld also gains controls of all the memories of the original host. The goa'uld implants itself around the spine, going up through the back of the head to connect to the brain.

Jaffa - a race created by the Goa'uld to be incubators for their larvae. The Jaffa are essentially humans, who maintain complete control of their personalities and actions. The Goa'uld implanted in them drastically improves their immune system and ability to heal from wounds, however they are dependent on them. Without the symbiote, as it is referred to, their immune system will rapidly shut down and they will die.

I see, that makes sense. So, had Teal'C not defected to Earth, his primary role would have been to serve as a soldier for the Goa'uld and eventually find a human to pass the symbiote onto? It's making more sense, see, I assumed that they (Jaffa) were just humans who had been converted over. But the Goa'uld actually made these people? It will be interesting to see how it plays out for Teal'C in the nine or ten years of the show. Thanks for the clarification (Vala also).

Comment

But the Goa'uld actually made these people? It will be interesting to see how it plays out for Teal'C in the nine or ten years of the show. Thanks for the clarification (Vala also).
                      Just to make sure I was clear, by "made", I don't mean they created from scratch, just genetically altered humans...
                      sigpic
                      Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Thanks Risti

Comment

Working...
                        X