PDA

View Full Version : November Features Poll

zephyrRS
November 2nd, 2004, 09:07 AM
This week on GateWorld their is a poll regarding the upkeep of GateWorld.com. Firstly, THANK YOU to everyone involved in all the upkeep required on this site. It really is a WONDERFUL source of all things SG. The poll is on the main page at http://www.gateworld.net as follows:

GateWorld is five years old! What do you most want to see more often?
- Episode guide updates
- Omnipedia updates
- Interviews
- Columns / Editorials
- Video documentaries

I did vote. However, what I really wanted isn't on the list. I would like to see the transcripts either updated and/or links provided to sites that do have transcripts. This is especially true of the older seasons where some of the eps in syndication are "new to me."

I believe this is the right place to add this thread and encourage others to indicate if their number 1 item isn't on the list!

Again. please don't take this as critism of the site, because it is still the first place I go for my SG info fix.

DownFallAngel
November 2nd, 2004, 11:21 AM
http://www.moon-catchin.net/transcripts.htm

Problem solved?

zephyrRS
November 3rd, 2004, 07:33 AM
http://www.moon-catchin.net/transcripts.htm Problem solved?

You are now officially one of my best friends!!!!! Not only are these transcripts, but there are scene descriptors AND the links work.

I still think that GateWorld should link elsewhere for those older scripts lacking here - but this helps me now and that makes me a happy fangirl.

;-) R

DownFallAngel
November 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
You are now officially one of my best friends!!!!! Not only are these transcripts, but there are scene descriptors AND the links work.

I still think that GateWorld should link elsewhere for those older scripts lacking here - but this helps me now and that makes me a happy fangirl.

;-) R

You're welcome. And does this entitle me to a Green Rep point? Just wondering.

zephyrRS
November 4th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Rep point?

I think I did the "rate this post" thing correctly!

DownFallAngel
November 4th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I think I did the "rate this post" thing correctly!

Thank you! :D

David
November 7th, 2004, 06:41 AM
This poll wasn't made just for the heck of it. Darren and I have been picking it apart and seriously considering the implications behind the percentage of votes and where the readers are leaning. We're already making updates to that end.

David
November 7th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Out of curiosity, if you voted to have the episode summaries updated, did you vote because you actively read them or because they just NEED to be updated??

DownFallAngel
November 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Out of curiosity, if you voted to have the episode summaries updated, did you vote because you actively read them or because they just NEED to be updated??

Actually, I don't read reviews, not unless I've seen the episode. I actually, prefer the little **** thing you guys got going there. If its like a 2-3*, then I'd most liley watch it. 3-4* Gunna watch it, and 1-2* debatable. I don't like reviews, because some are biased and nitpicking. I liked your original style, with the character development and what not at the end, those were worth reading.

I think I voted for more Omni-stuff.

SaharaGate
November 7th, 2004, 02:42 PM

I didn't vote for the episode summaries but I do read them. Particularly some of the older eps (because the new stuff is fresh in mind...but given a few months and that changes).

I like the ones that list unanswered questions and things we learned about characters etc.

They usually make me see aspects of the episode I missed, or think about it in a different light.

They're also really useful when deciding which episodes you should force your latest SG1 recruits to watch in order to get them hooked asap...

David
November 7th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I liked your original style, with the character development and what not at the end, those were worth reading.

That's still the style, but we prioritize that the summaries be made first. We'll eventually go back and add Character Development and the like to ALL episodes. Again, on the way!

zephyrRS
November 7th, 2004, 08:44 PM
They usually make me see aspects of the episode I missed, or think about it in a different light. They're also really useful when deciding which episodes you should force your latest SG1 recruits to watch in order to get them hooked asap...

I agree to everything you stated. I also find the ep summaries useful in determining if it is an ep I've never seen, seen once or seen often. Also, it helps me to decide whether to set the VCR!