Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth Ammunition too inefficient to kill Wraith or human?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Ammunition too inefficient to kill Wraith or human?

Today i read an article by Richard Lardner in South China morning post.
    About many people in the US military are unhappy about the bullet and gun they were given, because they are too inefficent for killing human enemy.

The wraith sometime has super regenerate abilities, may be the new hybrid has them as well.SGA 's weapon is almost the same as standard US military .
    If real military consider the Ammunition is too weak to kill even the human.Then may be it is time consider peraonal energy weapon for SGA

Standard US military weapon for ground force are M4,and M16.they use M855 bullet.It was design during the cold war to penetrate soviet helmet.

But using weapon and bullet like that in close rang combat,many soldier feltunsafe, unless the bullet hit organ or spine, the enemy usually suvive the first shoot, and fire back.
    Some delta force soldier tell Richard Lardner real event about how the enmey suvive the first shot ,and shoot back at them, and they usually need to fire a few more shot to kill the enemy.

It is said that human kill one and other, and they want to kill them in one shot, but for soldier in the front line a few second could mean life or death.

And not only the bullet,the machine gun is alo part of the problem.
    Gun's like M4, the barrel length is about 36.8 cm, it is not long enough to maximumise the bullet's potental.
    The military want more powerful bullet to do more physical damage,but a bigger bullet mean more weight and more recoil.

Can the writer make up some new earth non energy weapon , or something design to kill the wraith.

the 5.56mm bullet which the british and us army use is not ment to kill it is ment to injure because it then takes two men away from the battlefield the injured party and the man carring him
    the 7.62mm bullet was ment to kill

Comment

Originally posted by woppy1010 View Post
      the 5.56mm bullet which the british and us army use is not ment to kill it is ment to injure because it then takes two men away from the battlefield the injured party and the man carring him
      the 7.62mm bullet was ment to kill
      damn. got there first.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

lol only Soldiers would know that though

Comment

I would imagine that the Atlantis Expedition has been given upgraded ammunition that is made to combat the Wraith.

Comment

the FN P90 uses 5.7mm bullets,you cant really upgrade ammunition with diffrent powders you have to get bigger caliber bullets which means bigger barrels its the length and Width of the barrel that matters

Comment

I don't know much about weapons/ammunition, so forgive my ignorance, but they can't make them more damaging hollow points or something?

Comment

you can put a cross on the tip of the bullet to make them open out when they impact the target but that is illegal does a lot of damage to the internal organs

Comment

Well you can always use different kinds of round, hollow point etc and I doubt that the hague convention applies to wraith so we can probably use hollow point rounds on the wraith. Against humans though....not a good idea....unless you don't care about the 1899 Hague Convention.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                    Today i read an article by Richard Lardner in South China morning post.
                    About many people in the US military are unhappy about the bullet and gun they were given, because they are too inefficent for killing human enemy.

The wraith sometime has super regenerate abilities, may be the new hybrid has them as well.SGA 's weapon is almost the same as standard US military .
                    If real military consider the Ammunition is too weak to kill even the human.Then may be it is time consider peraonal energy weapon for SGA

Standard US military weapon for ground force are M4,and M16.they use M855 bullet.It was design during the cold war to penetrate soviet helmet.

But using weapon and bullet like that in close rang combat,many soldier feltunsafe, unless the bullet hit organ or spine, the enemy usually suvive the first shoot, and fire back.
                    Some delta force soldier tell Richard Lardner real event about how the enmey suvive the first shot ,and shoot back at them, and they usually need to fire a few more shot to kill the enemy.

It is said that human kill one and other, and they want to kill them in one shot, but for soldier in the front line a few second could mean life or death.

And not only the bullet,the machine gun is alo part of the problem.
                    Gun's like M4, the barrel length is about 36.8 cm, it is not long enough to maximumise the bullet's potental.
                    The military want more powerful bullet to do more physical damage,but a bigger bullet mean more weight and more recoil.

Can the writer make up some new earth non energy weapon , or something design to kill the wraith.
                    but the P90 barrel is longer

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by woppy1010 View Post
                      lol only Soldiers would know that though
                      i've heard it before. a few times actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                        I don't know much about weapons/ammunition, so forgive my ignorance, but they can't make them more damaging hollow points or something?
                        well if i remember correctly, hollow points are more damageing when they enter the body, but they don't penetrate armour quite as easily.

Comment

You're right hollow points expand on impact tearing organs to tiny little bits or red ribbon, but how often have you seen a Wraith wearing kevlar? They seem to just rely on their regeration abilities as armour. Maybe they'd adapt and wear armour if we used hollow points but surely it'd be worth a bash.

Comment

malozzi said atlantis uses different ammo, and it kills wraith as seen lately in the show, as opposed to having fire entire clips on them. it seems logical they use the hollow point ammo. killer ammo. not injure ammo.

Comment

I'm guessing they could maybe use Trinium-Jacketed bullets just for sheer penetration power. Maybe even use a much heavier bullet or maybe even a naquadah enhanced powder! That'd be fun!
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X