This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Succesful movies = 11th season

Hopefully the movies can be so succesful that it will bring to the forefront how popular Stargate SG-1 still is, don't get me wrong the movies are great and all but a once a year 2 hour special is not enough compared to a full blown 24 episode series. So lets hope the tv execs see the light and re comission the series
    I WILL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND

Originally posted by Palantir71 View Post
    Hopefully the movies can be so succesful that it will bring to the forefront how popular Stargate SG-1 still is, don't get me wrong the movies are great and all but a once a year 2 hour special is not enough compared to a full blown 24 episode series. So lets hope the tv execs see the light and re comission the series
    Dream on...
    The cast has moved to other things - AT Sanctuary, MS+CJ-RoA, BB-Going Homer, Beau B-My Brother's Hot... and Other Dilemmas
    We'd be lucky if we get them all for the 3rd movie...

Comment

according to TPTB it's very hard to run 2 shows. Now we have SGA . And when SGA will end, we'll probably have SGU.

and with the Ori gone, I don't want to have another season without them
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

An 11th season of SG-1 would be way too confusing for anyone who didn't watch the movies. It would just jump from the events of Unending to a post Ori and maybe post Baal galaxy.

Comment

I have dreamed about a new SG-1 season, but it would be a back step for the actors. The DVD movies have much better quality (bigger budget for guest stars, effects, sets and filming locations), so I think this format will be the future of the franchise. They should make 2-4 SG-1 movie per a year. I hope even if Atlantis is canceled, than they will get an opportunity to continue the best Atlantis story lines on DVD. 2 SG-1 and 2 Atlantis movie would be wonderful in every year.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

successful movies = possibly big budget theatrical movie

Comment

possibly big budget theatrical movie = better TV seasons with bigger budget
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                An 11th season of SG-1 would be way too confusing for anyone who didn't watch the movies. It would just jump from the events of Unending to a post Ori and maybe post Baal galaxy.

Well you could use season 11 but with an extra title,somewhat like Stargate SG1 the new galaxy order for example.

Comment

I think a big budget theatrical movie is more likely than a new season of SG1.
                  The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
                  The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
                  The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
                  You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
                  You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure, MGM will have their own channel next year, well it will be partly theirs anyway...

Comment

I haven't seen any of the movies yet, but I anxious for more. And maybe even one they show in the cinemas, that would be cool and it would draw in new viewers

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                        Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                        successful movies = possibly big budget theatrical movie
                        You are both right
                        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
                        Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by Karhedron
                        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

I'd prefer a big budget theatrical movie over a new season, to be honest.
                          Mia: Don't you hate that?
                          Vincent: Hate what?
                          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

The problem with theatrical movie is that it kinda would have to "introduce" the characters a little, when you are going to the big screens it`s not only yout fandom that has to appreciate the movie =D

I hope they dont do as babylon 5 did release good movies and them a crap one ( the legend of the rangers ) that basicly has nothing to do with the show =D ( I know it`s not the same writers and all )

Comment

They should stick to the movies. The anticpation of waiting for something like that far out weighs the drag of them trying to have everyone "catch-up."
                              There are so many untapped story lines. They would do a great injustice to the show if they gave up on it and didn't keep making movies or something.
                              Could it be possible to do mini seasons where they focus on a story for something like 5-8 episodes at a time. Maybe that would a stretch??

Comment

Working...
                              X