This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG: Continuum... New or just rehash?

Now, I'm an enormous SG fan. I've been doing SG since the film premiere and I eat up as much as I can, but when I read the proposed story for the 2nd movie all I could think was "haven't we been here before?" We've done the whole "Gate in Ice" thing, we've done the "SG-1 never existed" thing, hell, we've even done the "Baal returns to ruin the day" thing... several times. Now I love Baal, but enough is enough. Are you telling me that with so many utterly unfinished plots in the SG universe that the fans have been crying about that the producers felt that this was the best they could come up with? I'm no hater, far from it, but just read the poll on who's going to buy this film for yourself right here on the site. 40% said they aren't interested. Coming from the defacto SG fan site, that is a huge number. I dearly love TPTB, they've given us awesome things to enjoy, but this is just a disappointment. Its like their imaginations are fried. I was just reading about the idea for the 3rd film and I'm sure I may garner some hate for this, but Jack O'neill is not all there is to SG. TPTB, please, remember that there is so much more to explore, so stop the rehashing and remixing, stop the stale character stuffing and take the opportunity provided to you by these films to give your audience at least some of what they've been begging you for the better part of a half decade to finally see, Furlings not withstanding.
    Last edited by DarkElfa; 25 May 2008, 05:17 PM. Reason: Spell Checking

Originally posted by DarkElfa View Post
    I'm no hater, far from it, but just read the poll on who's going to buy this film for yourself right here on the site. 40% said they aren't interested. Coming from the defacto SG fan site, that is a huge number.
    That poll is for Stargate: Infinity, the crap animated children's show (with which the producers of the live action series and films had nothing to do when it was made back in 2002), not Continuum.

Continuum, while it has some familiar elements and story devices (each with a new spin), is pure awesomeness.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Oh I must... But I shouldn't.....
      Spoiler:
      Ok, I won't
      Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

I don't think that Continuum will just be a rehash type of movie. I really look forward to seeing it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well... I`ll be honest.. I really will probably buy any stargate dvd movie... Even if they make crap movies, I`ll still buy/watch them...
          I mean... I end up watching so many crap movies in the theater, why not watch twice a year a crap one about my favorite tv show ?

Buttt, the continuum doesnt seems like a crap one, it would if it was a kinda of stand alone movie.. But there will be permanent effects from this one...
          For example:

Spoiler:
          Baal`s symbiont is gonna die...

Comment

people watch the simpsons and thats turned into recycled garbage.

I'm going to buy it.....

I see similarities, but 80% of SG1 were "Lets go explorering, oh no a trap!" *kill* *kill* *kill*, *hour long struggle to the gate* *walk through the gate* "We saved the day"
            ... So like those SG1 episodes, I'll give it a chance, and like most of them I'll find it entertaining.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Now, I'm an enormous SG fan. I've been doing SG since the film premiere and I eat up as much as I can, but when I read the proposed story for the 2nd movie all I could think was "haven't we been here before?" We've done the whole "Gate in Ice" thing, we've done the "SG-1 never existed" thing, hell, we've even done the "Baal returns to ruin the day" thing... several times. Now I love Baal, but enough is enough. Are you telling me that with so many utterly unfinished plots in the SG universe that the fans have been crying about that the producers felt that this was the best they could come up with? I'm no hater, far from it, but just read the poll on who's going to buy this film for yourself right here on the site. 40% said they aren't interested. Coming from the defacto SG fan site, that is a huge number. I dearly love TPTB, they've given us awesome things to enjoy, but this is just a disappointment. Its like their imaginations are fried. I was just reading about the idea for the 3rd film and I'm sure I may garner some hate for this, but Jack O'neill is not all there is to SG. TPTB, please, remember that there is so much more to explore, so stop the rehashing and remixing, stop the stale character stuffing and take the opportunity provided to you by these films to give your audience at least some of what they've been begging you for the better part of a half decade to finally see, Furlings not withstanding.

Why don't you try watching the movie before you decide that it is simply rehashing things we have seen before.
              From what I have heard Darren say, and from the things I have read, it sounds like it is going to be awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

When the two movies were announced I initially thought the same thing. I thought I would enjoy Ark of Truth more. I didn't like the name Continuum, it sounded very "fanboyish" as well the plot sounded like Moebius. I was against that episode before it aired as well...

However everything I have been hearing from all involved as well as the select few who have seen it, it should be a great film. I am most excited about any potential dogfights. I'm a dogfighting enthusiast, so I look forward to that. I will certainly be buying it =)

Ace
                Last edited by Ace; 11 June 2008, 09:14 PM.
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

All stories have been told before, no matter the genre. It's just how you do it that matters.
                  My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
                  A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

From what I have read so far, I am leaning toward blatant rehash.

Comment

Right now I don't think it is just a rehash, but I won't know until I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                        From what I have read so far, I am leaning toward blatant rehash.
                        You obviously haven't read much then.

Really, Stargater34 has the right idea. We won't know until we actually see it. What IS known now however, is that everyone who has seen it and has commented on it says it is fantastic, and anyone not watching this because 'it sounds like a re-hash' are seriously losing out on something they could end up loving.

Comment

It sounds awesome!
                          Sphere…planet. Label…name.
                          Following…still…you…not!

Comment

yeah only the teaser looks awesome, if they didnt put all the good scene into the teaser i think it will be good tv-movie. !!! and for a TV or DVD movie the teaser looks just awesome!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Continuum is going to be awesome i cant wait till July for it to come out.

Comment

Working...
                              X