• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Continuum - SciFi Wire: Continuum Made Character Suffer

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=54710

12:00 AM, 23-MAY-08

Continuum Made Character Suffer

The upcoming straight-to-DVD movie Stargate: Continuum, based on SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1, gave producers a chance to wreak havoc on a main character to serve the exigencies of the film's location shooting.

**snippage**

"I had to finish the Arctic scenes first, before we started to shoot [Stargate: The] Ark of Truth," Wright said in an interview in Vancouver, Canada, last week. "It was kind of weird. We shot all the Arctic scenes, and then took a long, long break, shot another movie and then did Continuum."

**snippage**

"There's a nobility of the character, and that's fun to do in a time-travel story, because you know you can get away with it, and it will be OK," Wright said. He added with a nasty grin: "What I did to O'Neill [Richard Dean Anderson] was pretty harsh, too." Stargate: Continuum drops on DVD and Blu-Ray on July 29.

--John Sullivan

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

It's an accusation Wright's heard before, especially after an SG-1 episode in which he killed off the entire cast. "But it's fun to watch your characters sacrifice themselves for what they believe in," Wright said.
    I think I just fell in love with the man.
    My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
    A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

I so can't wait to see all of this on-screen. Thanks, morjana.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks for posting.

Comment

What episode is he referencing? Double Jeopardy?
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by elite Anubis Guard View Post
            what Episode Is He Referencing? Double Jeopardy?
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Ta matey. You'd have thought I'd have looked up what he'd written.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I just saw picture from Continuum on gateworld. Jack is on the floor with blood around his head. Please tell me they don't kill Jack. I will be so upset. Jack is my favorite person. If it happens I hope it is fixed with the timeline or I will never watch Stargate SG1 again. They can kill anyone but my Jack. I guess I need to stop freaking out and wait for the movie.

Susan

Comment

Don't worry I'm 100% sure that Jack will still be alive at the end of Continuum...mainly because there are already plans for a third Jack-centric movie.
                  Last edited by Nikki; 03 June 2008, 01:40 PM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                    Don't worry I'm 100% sure that Jack will still be alive at the end of Continuum...mainly because there already plans for a third Jack-centric movie.
                    Yes, but does this means we'll SEE Jack alive at the end of Continuum?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      Yes, but does this means we'll SEE Jack alive at the end of Continuum?
                      I think this is one of those "we'll have to see the movie to find out" questions.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        I think this is one of those "we'll have to see the movie to find out" questions.

Morjana
                        Nope, based on what I've heard about this movie, I'm pretty sure we won't see him. We'd be lucky if the even mention him. People tend to forget that they didn't plan to have Jack in the original script. As late of January 2007 they were still negotiating with Rick, and now BW wants us to believe that "For me, an SG-1 movie should include O'Neill. That's how I feel about Stargate," BS, he should have written Jack in the original script from the get to not have him plastered onto an already finished script...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          Nope, based on what I've heard about this movie, I'm pretty sure we won't see him. We'd be lucky if the even mention him.
                          What have you heard about this movie that would indicate that?

People tend to forget that they didn't plan to have Jack in the original script. As late of January 2007 they were still negotiating with Rick, and now BW wants us to believe that "For me, an SG-1 movie should include O'Neill. That's how I feel about Stargate," BS, he should have written Jack in the original script from the get to not have him plastered onto an already finished script...
                          BW had written two versions, one with Jack and one without.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            What have you heard about this movie that would indicate that?

BW had written two versions, one with Jack and one without.
                            Some people already saw the movie (legally I might add) *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

Comment

Originally posted by VETASSISTLADY View Post
                              I just saw picture from Continuum on gateworld. Jack is on the floor with blood around his head. Please tell me they don't kill Jack. I will be so upset. Jack is my favorite person. If it happens I hope it is fixed with the timeline or I will never watch Stargate SG1 again. They can kill anyone but my Jack. I guess I need to stop freaking out and wait for the movie.

Susan

I'm sure the character that was made to suffer in Continuum was in fact Daniel.

As to what happens to Jack, I'm sure it's all put right in the end. They wouldn't end the whole eleven plus years of SG1 and leave a character like O'Neill dead.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X