Jaffa Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa Ships

So like how come we haven't become good enough friends with the Jaffa to where we can like have one of thier Hataks and stuff or whatever they want to give to us?

They're a struggling people who need everything they can get after fighting two wars for freedom and took huge losses also most of the Jaffa don't like the Tau'ri as we killed a lot of their friends, and finally Earth can make better stuff with out them

So yeah thats why

Also we really don't deserve anything its not like we are sending ships or troops at any notice to defend Jaffa worlds
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
      So like how come we haven't become good enough friends with the Jaffa to where we can like have one of thier Hataks and stuff or whatever they want to give to us?
      So what you're saying is, they should give us bows and arrows to fight with when we have missiles?
      Thats a metaphor.

I guess for general purposes, a supped up Hatak isn't bad, and I wouldn't mind more smaller ships, cargo and AL Kesh(is that right, its been so damn long) being supped up, as we need some tiny transport ships, and smaller battle ships.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Quantity has a quality of its own.

A few cargo ships, el'kesh, and hatak would go a long way in aiding the current fleet of, what, 3 ships.
        aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          They're a struggling people who need everything they can get after fighting two wars for freedom and took huge losses also most of the Jaffa don't like the Tau'ri as we killed a lot of their friends, and finally Earth can make better stuff with out them

So yeah thats why

Also we really don't deserve anything its not like we are sending ships or troops at any notice to defend Jaffa worlds
          Yes, but it's not like we could. After all the Ori were kicking our butts to, so we couldn't of have helped them. But then again we did cloak an entire Jaffa city or town. So in a way we did help them.

Comment

Earth should focus more on Frigate and Destroyer type vessels for planetary and a 304 defense..
            1.smaller more maneuverable
            2.cheaper and faster to produce
            3.just one beam cannon per ship can make a wolf pack[3-5] very potent.
            4.Fleet balancing no more outnumber 304s

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

So yeah thats why

Good points here.

Originally posted by pyrodude View Post
              Quantity has a quality of its own.

A few cargo ships, el'kesh, and hatak would go a long way in aiding the current fleet of, what, 3 ships.
              The Ha'taks are more or less useless at this point for Earths needs and there is the matter of manning such vessels as well as hiding them. I mean its not like they can send it on patrol and have it raided by the Lucian Alliance or some other alien threat out there. Earth has just one base of operations and a few scattered outposts. There's hardly a need for a massive fleet.

They would be better off designing their own cargo ships and stuff so that they would be self reliant rather then have maintenance problems and going back to the Jaffa again and again for the needed parts.

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
              So what you're saying is, they should give us bows and arrows to fight with when we have missiles?
              Thats a metaphor.

I guess for general purposes, a supped up Hatak isn't bad, and I wouldn't mind more smaller ships, cargo and AL Kesh(is that right, its been so damn long) being supped up, as we need some tiny transport ships, and smaller battle ships.
              In the end though there is no point for such craft... Earths producing a single Asgard superships every now and then so they have some production already to produce high quality ships. Plus, without the Stargate Program being revealed, theres the little problem of maintenance and crew. Sure they have more nations then previously but people will notice a large number of airforce/army personnel missing if too many are stationed away from Earth on ships.

But as you said, why take arrows when you have missiles. Or in this case, why take staff weapons when you can get Asgard plasma beam weapons.

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
              Yes, but it's not like we could. After all the Ori were kicking our butts to, so we couldn't of have helped them. But then again we did cloak an entire Jaffa city or town. So in a way we did help them.
              It wasnt a Jaffa town that was cloaked, it was an ordinary Human one so one can't claim that Earth did squat for them. It's kind of like what that Jaffa councillor said, the Jaffa were fighting the Ori up front while Earth was barely touched during the entire invasion so I think they would need those ships a lot more then Earth which has the capacity to build its own.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                Good points here.

It wasnt a Jaffa town that was cloaked, it was an ordinary Human one so one can't claim that Earth did squat for them. It's kind of like what that Jaffa councillor said, the Jaffa were fighting the Ori up front while Earth was barely touched during the entire invasion so I think they would need those ships a lot more then Earth which has the capacity to build its own.
                Oh okay then nevermind. I guess though in the end the Jaffa Counciler is right we weren't really helping them as much as it was helping us. So basically it is one of those situations where you are right and I am wrong.

Comment

Perhaps we should make the first good turn. Offer to use our technology to boost a few shields of the Ha'taks in their fleet. Not make them 304 level neccessarily, I doubt they have enough power, but boost them up so Lucian Ha'taks don't stand enough of a chance. Of course, the Lucians could just capture Ori ships like in some of my future movie/episode ideas...
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

Ah but thats where we open a whole new can of worms... the Jaffa have somewhat of a chaotic relationship with Earth. Some like the SGC, some don't. A perfect example is what we see in season 9 and 10. Would Earth be willing to give such advanced technology to a race whose members might turn on them at any point?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I just don't think you could risk giving the jaffa anything to boost their ships firepower or shileds. There have been at least two incidents where they became hostile, even invading earth. And as I said before with limited ship numbers you can't leave a BC-304 in orbit to defend in case the Jaffa become hostile.
                      aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Why not give them advanced shields? Ori shields are pretty much the ultimate shield we've seen and 304 pwns them relatively quickly. Even if we did boost the shields of Ha'taks to our or even Ori level, then our weapons could take them out. I'm sure by now they've deployed a few ground-based beam weapons on Earth in remote sites. Granted, that's fanwanking speculation, but still, I don't see how giving them enhanced shields would make them something we couldn't deal with as long as we don't touch the weapons.
                        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                        Zatnikitelman

Comment

The Ori have/had? about a dozen ships. I believe there are a lot more hataks available to the Jaffa.
                          aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                            Why not give them advanced shields? Ori shields are pretty much the ultimate shield we've seen and 304 pwns them relatively quickly. Even if we did boost the shields of Ha'taks to our or even Ori level, then our weapons could take them out. I'm sure by now they've deployed a few ground-based beam weapons on Earth in remote sites. Granted, that's fanwanking speculation, but still, I don't see how giving them enhanced shields would make them something we couldn't deal with as long as we don't touch the weapons.
                            Your forgetting one very valuable item in Earths defence, The Antatic weapons platform it probably still has the drones to wipe out a Hatak feet with normal shield. But with ORI shields we know all the drones Earth has can disable one just imagine 50 Hataks we fire the drones on the un-ori shielded ones and boom 1 dead fleet were as we fire all our drones on Ori shield hataks and we kill 1 and then risk our 304's.
                            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
                            X