Capturing a hive-ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing a hive-ship

Could we (before the Wraith started jamming us) beam all the Oxygen from a hive-ship in order to kill the wraith and capture it. After that we beam new oxygen from a planet in the hive (first wait a few hours) and then take the hive.

Also an idea i had, could we beam all the wraith out of the hive (before jamming)? We now a cloacked puddle jumper can scan the hive for lifesigns (The Hive) and we alsom know they can reroute data to our ships (Allies). Put One and One together and it would make an awesome combination.

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
    Could we (before the Wraith started jamming us) beam all the Oxygen from a hive-ship in order to kill the wraith and capture it. After that we beam new oxygen from a planet in the hive (first wait a few hours) and then take the hive.

Also an idea i had, could we beam all the wraith out of the hive (before jamming)? We now a cloacked puddle jumper can scan the hive for lifesigns (The Hive) and we alsom know they can reroute data to our ships (Allies). Put One and One together and it would make an awesome combination.
    the first one i'm betting is impossible. the second is more likely but still difficult i'd imagine.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Don't think you can beam 11KM of Oxygen from a hive-ship. IF you could beam in anything, why not the retro-virus?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

that certainly worked before.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

No matter what you would do...it would only work if no other hive-ships are nearby.
          No one can fly a hive-ship without heavy modifications (except a pregnant Teyla )
          sigpic
          Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
          Spoiler:
          Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
          You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Even if you beam out the oxygen, the humans there, would prolly breathe out CO2 and that can be passed through carbon scrubbers to be oxygen for the Wraith the breathe. It might be insufficient, but if you just have a chance to beam something, either a nuke or a lot of retrovirus canisters would work better.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
            Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
            The Chevron Team
            Spoiler:
            Never make everything Organic!
            Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
            :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
            :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
            :The drones are heading towards us.
            :Those drones look familiar...
            : SQUID?!?
            We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

somehow I doubt you can lock onto atmosphere. The system is probably designed to lock onto something tangible. In any case the ship must have additional air in compressed tanks.

Comment

Air can be transported because in unending it stated from Carter that the beams were able to be alterated to make air and food for the crew for sg1 to survie on the odeysse.
                sigpic

Comment

why would you want a hive ship anyway, you need someone with the metal ability to control it and they have no shields, their weapons are amazing dont get me wrong but there are better ships out there
                  sigpic

Comment

but not in the same quantity

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                      but not in the same quantity
                      I was just about to say that. hive ships lack shields and there's the issue of being able to control them (which could probably be worked around as mckay tried to), but strong hulls and strength in numbers can make up for it.

Comment

I don't understand why you couldn't beam Wraith out of the ship or large quantaties of air. I think it would be nice if we beam in offensive style like Thor did against the Goa'uld and the roque agents on their offworld base. Thor beamed entire goa'uld ships (I think it was the same class as Ra had) so I say that it is possible. And surely McKay would be able to make a manual interface with Teyla helping him (similar to what the Travelers tried with Sheppard's help)

Comment

Ancient-ships and hive-ships are a bit different. You can`t really compare them.
                          For most ancient systems it is only necessary that one with the ancient gene activates them. Afterwards you can manually control the components or fly through thought-control.
                          The hive however requires a permanent telepathic interface with the "pilot". So in order to use the systems you would have to construct a whole new controlsystem.
                          I´m not quite sure what McKay said..but I remember something like “got the hyperdrive working, but that’s not going to help much if I can’t get the neural interface to work".
                          You could also see it as Teyla had to constantly concentrate to fly the ship.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                          Spoiler:
                          Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                          You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Working...
                          X