X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlander remake?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=54552

It seems that they are trying to make a Highlander remake. This has got to be the most needless remake in history! I watched the original a few weeks ago and it is still a great movie.

Something tells me that this movie will be much like the star wars prequals, that is it will have well done fight scenes but have no soul or depth to it.

A remake of the first film?
    Hmm I didn't like the sequels (but I liked the series with Duncan MacLeod...bet I'm one of very few that did )..

But why they decided to make a remake of the first film is beyond me.
    What for? That film was good. No need to do that.
    And it is no film that would have relied heavily on SFX..
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

I agree, the first highlander is fine as is. I hate remakes because they hardly ever do justice to the original.

Comment

The most needless remake in history was probably Planet of the Apes I think. But yeah, no, Highlander's a great movie.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Highlander is great as it is. But, if they do go ahead with a remake, I'll check it out.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Another remake? I liked the original, afew of the sequels and the series, but I agree with mappalazarou, no.

Comment

Somewhat fresh ideas must be very scarce these days. All we see is remake after remake.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wouldn't mind more sequels though. I mean like Die Hard 4.0, Indy and the crystal skull, etc.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

but I liked the series with Duncan MacLeod...bet I'm one of very few that did )..
                  I am a huge fan of the show complete with highlander tattoo next to my jedi one.

Comment

i think this is one of the few remakes i'll look forward too. i mean i like the first Highlander but i never really saw why it was so raved after.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                      but I liked the series with Duncan MacLeod...bet I'm one of very few that did )..
                      I am a huge fan of the show complete with highlander tattoo next to my jedi one.
                      An immortal Jedi?

Doesn't that contradict the force or something?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                        An immortal Jedi?

Doesn't that contradict the force or something?
                        Just think how easy cutting a persons head off would be with a lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                          Just think how easy cutting a persons head off would be with a lightsaber
                          Yeah but the whole 'There can only be one thing' kinda goes against the code of the Jedi.

sigpic

Comment

it's easy cutting off heads with a lightsaber but I don't act in the game. Just u-no protect peace in the galaxy and stuff.

Comment

Grey Jedi?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X