PDA

View Full Version : What if Ronon leaves in Season 7?

Ripple in Space
May 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM
With Ronon leaving in season 7 I guess they'll have to bring Teal'c in to replace him... And Teal'c can't leave the Milky Way without his best buddies Jack and Daniel. Carter will probably already be in Pegasus commanding a BattleCruiser... Hey that might make for and interesting dynamic--Jack, Daniel, Carter & Teal'c--it just might work. Rodney & Shepp could still help, but they are outranked an outclassed... they'd be welcomed in at least 12 eps per season.

Briangate78
May 20th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Let's get to a Season 6 let alone a Season 7 to even worry about this. Again, GW had to make such a big deal about an uncertain comment where the actor is not even sure what he will do. :S

naamiaiset
May 20th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I agree with briangate. jason m. mentioned one line about leaving and it's turning into all this speculation... wait til (if) S6 or S7, then we'll see if he stays or goes.

I like ronon's character myself.

Ripple in Space
May 20th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Did you guys actually read my post, lol?

naamiaiset
May 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I did read it... but still. ;)

your idea turns SGA into SG-1 part 2. :p (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

jelgate
May 20th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Let's get to a Season 6 let alone a Season 7 to even worry about this. Again, GW had to make such a big deal about an uncertain comment where the actor is not even sure what he will do. :SIts not so much GW but forum members taking one line from Jason Momoa way out of proportion. It is way way too soon to speculate on a S7. A lot can happen in those two seasons. Theorotically if their is a S7 I won't be surprised if the Ronon is still killiing our green friends.

jelgate
May 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Did you guys actually read my post, lol?Yes but it is never going to happen for many reasons.

Reiko
May 20th, 2008, 09:26 PM
» I don't think thats Ripple's point. I think s/he's referring to the possibility of further SG-1ization af Atlantis.

Ripple in Space
May 20th, 2008, 09:33 PM
^ The post was a complete joke, tongue-in-cheek, lol. And He

Reiko
May 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
» Heh, wasn't sure. I tend to think most people are fellow females if I have no idea :P Though, lots of times I can tell from the posts.

KindlyKeller
May 21st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Its not so much GW but forum members taking one line from Jason Momoa way out of proportion.

To be fair, the GW headline is: "Momoa might leave Atlantis."

Platschu
May 21st, 2008, 01:11 AM
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
If there is a season 6 and 7, they will have time to convince him.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

JohnDuh
May 21st, 2008, 05:03 AM
Let's get to a Season 6 let alone a Season 7 to even worry about this.

Of course there will be a season 6 and 7 - there is money in them there puddlejumpers

GoSpikey
May 21st, 2008, 05:26 AM
More importantly, what does all this have to do with season 5 ?!?!?!?

Jeffala
May 21st, 2008, 06:25 AM
With Ronon leaving in season 7 I guess they'll have to bring Teal'c in to replace him... And Teal'c can't leave the Milky Way without his best buddies Jack and Daniel. Carter will probably already be in Pegasus commanding a BattleCruiser... Hey that might make for and interesting dynamic--Jack, Daniel, Carter & Teal'c--it just might work. Rodney & Shepp could still help, but they are outranked an outclassed... they'd be welcomed in at least 12 eps per season.

*BARF*

Briangate78
May 21st, 2008, 07:53 AM
Of course there will be a season 6 and 7 - there is money in them there puddlejumpers

After seeing the final numbers for Season 4.5, and if Season 5 continues the trend, Season 6 should be in the the bag, imo.

jenks
May 21st, 2008, 08:28 AM
I don't think there'll be a season 7, and to be honest considering how much Atlantis costs to make I'll be surprised if there's a season 6 as well.

Briangate78
May 21st, 2008, 09:01 AM
I don't think there'll be a season 7, and to be honest considering how much Atlantis costs to make I'll be surprised if there's a season 6 as well.

I agree about 7, but Season 6 would still have the cast under the current contract, including Jason M. It would be Season 7 when new contracts are made aka higher budgets. According to Joe M, Atlantis has not eached that point of being very expensive to produce like SG-1 was in S10. Right now, SCI FI will have no other solid drama series for Friday once BSG ends. Dr. Who and SJA are not exactly striking up stellar numbers.

Raziel
May 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM
NO.....please don't do this..... :(
more cool characters leaving Atlantis...

:weiranime22::thoranime01::thoranime01::atlantistrio::thoranime09:

Jumper_One
May 21st, 2008, 05:06 PM
NO.....please don't do this..... :(
more cool characters leaving Atlantis...

:weiranime22::thoranime01::thoranime01::atlantistrio::thoranime09:

relax, Jason won't leave for at least another season and by then he might've changed his mind ;)

Killdeer
May 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM
I don't think there'll be a S7. Although anything's possible I suppose. But if they do get that far, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason wasn't the only one leaving. Joe Flanigan sounded a little bit like the weekly commute was starting to wear on him in his last interview with Stargate Magazine, and I'll be a little surprised if he re-signs after he finishes his six year contract. David and Rachel will be finishing their contracts as well - who knows? David obviously has no problem finding other projects to keep him busy. I don't know if Rachel has anything else going on.

Plus - considering what happened to SG-1 in its later years? I'm not sure I want Atlantis to go much longer. I'd be happy with six years and no more (maybe less - we'll see how this season goes :D).

Falcon Horus
May 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM
Green to Ripple In Space!!

Also, on a small notion... Why season 7? Unlike the others who signed a 6-year contract at the beginning of season 1, Jason doesn't have 6 years on there.... Just a thought. If he leaves, it might be sooner than season 7 (which I might add is highly unlikely of ever being made professionally).

Jumper_One
May 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM

Also, on a small notion... Why season 7?

because...

"[I] wouldn't say I'm sick of [Ronon] yet," Momoa said. "But one more [season], and I'll probably be good. I'm 28 now. I'll be 30. ... It's just time to move on, and I'll want to play something else."
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/momoa_might_leave_iatlantisi.shtml

Unlike the others who signed a 6-year contract at the beginning of season 1, Jason doesn't have 6 years on there.... Just a thought. If he leaves, it might be sooner than season 7 (which I might add is highly unlikely of ever being made professionally).

it will depend on s5's ratings and viewers and of course SCI FI. we'll see ;) it's way too early to talk about s7

EdenSG
May 21st, 2008, 06:10 PM
Its not so much GW but forum members taking one line from Jason Momoa way out of proportion. It is way way too soon to speculate on a S7. A lot can happen in those two seasons. Theorotically if their is a S7 I won't be surprised if the Ronon is still killiing our green friends.

Very well said.

Season 5 is still shooting, we don’t know if there will be a season 6 and yet there is a lot of speculation about something that might happen in season 7 if there is a season 7. I think for now I am just going to enjoy season 5 and I will wait to see if there is a season 6 before I worry or speculate about a season 7 which is what, almost 2 years away?

Briangate78
May 21st, 2008, 06:27 PM

Also, on a small notion... Why season 7? Unlike the others who signed a 6-year contract at the beginning of season 1, Jason doesn't have 6 years on there.... Just a thought. If he leaves, it might be sooner than season 7 (which I might add is highly unlikely of ever being made professionally).

because...

it will depend on s5's ratings and viewers and of course SCI FI. we'll see ;) it's way too early to talk about s7

Thanks Jumper, I was about to rebuttle FH's post. Because he is for sure not talking about Season 5 being the last.

Now Season 7 like I said is going to be very hard to get to, imo. Yes, I am being realistic for once. :rolleyes: Reason is, like Killdeer said, all new contracts. Still, I read a lot of interviews from the cast that they are pleased and are loving their character's direction. So who knows. Mr. Momoa may be challenged and he could very well defintley stay. Let's not count our chickens before they've hatched.

As per Season 6, A decision will be based on Season 4.5 and the first half of Season 5's numbers. For the record the Season 4 finale "The Last Man" attracted 2.6 total million viewers and scored a 1.8 HH Rating. Nearly 400,000 more viewers than the Season 3 finale. YES, THE POWER OF THE RATINGS SHALL SET YOU FREE. :p

farcue
May 22nd, 2008, 03:29 AM

people who didnt detect sarcasam in that need a lobotomy.

That is all.

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 04:59 AM

Same goes for 6. ;)

people who didnt detect sarcasam in that need a lobotomy.

I'm sure most of us noticed. Ripple In Space must be known for it by now. :p

But that doesn't mean, we can't discuss it, right?

SGFerrit
May 22nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Same goes for 6. ;)

Really? A possible pick-up is only a few months away. After the ratings s4 ended on, I think it is a VERY good possibility.

Briangate78
May 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Really? A possible pick-up is only a few months away. After the ratings s4 ended on, I think it is a VERY good possibility.

I would have to agree. :)

Thunderbird 2
May 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I must admit, the whole Dr Beckett carry on has made me start to see these kinds of situations in a different light.

I stopped watching Atlantis after The Return Part II. I knew what was brewing, as word had already leaked out about Sunday. After that, I no longer had access to Sky One anyway, so I couldn't see Atlantis (except for buying or hiring the DVD's) if I wanted too. - Reading transcripts on Gateworld has not inspired me! - I did get the chance to watch First Strike, and that just put me off even more.

As a result, I look back on Seasons 1 and 2 and find I can still thoroughally enjoy them, and get an inkling of what might have been, had the series not drastically changed in the way it did. - I guess what I am saying is, don't panic about season 6 /7, when we you haven't really had time to properly digest season 5 yet.

If Mr Momoa does decide to leave the series prior to it ending, (which I doubt, I can't see Atlantis's narrative going 7 years) that will leave at least five years with him as Ronon involved. Some tv series in their entirity (The Bionic Woman, Battlestar Galactica - both versions, and Blade the Series all spring to mind) don't get that long!

Enjoy the journey while its still ongoing!

Jumper_One
May 22nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Same goes for 6. ;)

not really. the first half of s5 will air this summer and those ratings and viewers will decide on a possible s6

exactly ;)

Platschu
May 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
If we get season 7 without Ronon, than I can imagine Todd as series regular. ;) We can't know if Sanctuary will reach season 3, so Christopher Heyerdahl can play a bigger role in Atlantis. :)

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
not really. the first half of s5 will air this summer and those ratings and viewers will decide on a possible s6

But it's not Summer yet so still too early.

Briangate78
May 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM

50 more days to go.

Jumper_One
May 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM

yes it's early but s6 is the next season. we're already discussing the various stories which will determine the fate of the show

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
yes it's early but s6 is the next season. we're already discussing the various stories which will determine the fate of the show

Damn, there's a great saying in Dutch that would be very suiting here...

Don't sell the hide until you've shot the bear, I believe the saying goes in English.

Jumper_One
May 22nd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Damn, there's a great saying in Dutch that would be very suiting here...

Don't sell the hide until you've shot the bear, I believe the saying goes in English.

ok but we can still speculate, right? nothing wrong with that imo

Platschu
May 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
I fear Atlantis will make his best season, but it will be canceled. The same happened with SG-1. :(

Jumper_One
May 22nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
I fear Atlantis will make his best season, but it will be canceled. The same happened with SG-1. :(

I don't consider s10 to be SG-1's best season. we'll see about Atlantis ;)

Jeffala
May 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
One thing that might entice Momoa to stay is to finally get rid of the hair, and I mean completely. No more wigs, hairpieces, weaves, what have you. He doesn't want it anymore and I don't blame him.

(If Ronon loses his hair in some way during S5, I've not heard about it. Of course, I'm not actively following spoilers for S5.)

Metonic
May 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM

So what your saying...is SG1 Atlantis?
I'd rather see the return of SG1.
Also.. MITCHEL AND VALA CAN NOT BE FORGOTTEN

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
ok but we can still speculate, right? nothing wrong with that imo

Speculation is good. Just like some say... *wink wink* ...don't make it fact. :p

One thing that might entice Momoa to stay is to finally get rid of the hair, and I mean completely. No more wigs, hairpieces, weaves, what have you. He doesn't want it anymore and I don't blame him.

OH MY GODDESS, you want him to go bald!!!!!! :p

Jumper_One
May 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Speculation is good. Just like some say... *wink wink* ...don't make it fact. :p

right but I didn't post opinions as facts

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
right but I didn't post opinions as facts

Then don't make it sound like I am wrong to think Atlantis won't make it to season 6 and/or 7.

I don't think you did, as I could be reading too much into it... I'm a little on edge and on a slightly shorter fuse than most days... :p Blame it on my mood if I misread.

Jeffala
May 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
OH MY GODDESS, you want him to go bald!!!!!! :p

Bald can be sexy. ;)

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Bald can be sexy. ;)

Of course.... :p

jelgate
May 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Roslin looked pretty good bald.:P

Jumper_One
May 22nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Then don't make it sound like I am wrong to think Atlantis won't make it to season 6 and/or 7.

I'm not

I don't think you did, as I could be reading too much into it... I'm a little on edge and on a slightly shorter fuse than most days... :p Blame it on my mood if I misread.

you misread ;) :)

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Roslin looked pretty good bald.:P

Yikes, spoilers!! Oh wait, I already knew that, due to an unfortunate LJ-incident.

you misread ;) :)

Thanks. ;)

sgarocks
May 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Now Season 7 like I said is going to be very hard to get to, imo. Yes, I am being realistic for once. :rolleyes: Reason is, like Killdeer said, all new contracts.

From what I've always read, the cast signed a 6-year contract AFTER season 1, so their contracts end after season 7, not s6 (if there's a s6 and s7, of course).

Briangate78
May 22nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
From what I've always read, the cast signed a 6-year contract AFTER season 1, so their contracts end after season 7, not s6 (if there's a s6 and s7, of course).

Are you sure about that? I heard Joe F, David H, and Rachel H had a 6 year contract from the beginning. Jason M might of signed a 5 year contract since he came on in Season 2.

sgarocks
May 22nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Are you sure about that? I heard Joe F, David H, and Rachel H had a 6 year contract from the beginning. Jason M might of signed a 5 year contract since he came on in Season 2.

Googled it, but can't seem to find anything beyond fan speculation.

Maybe Darren knows? Because I remember a GW article back when Atlantis was renewed for season 2, where it said that all the returning cast had sign a 6 year contract, and it was my understanding that this was done at that time (when it was renewed for s2, not at the beginning of s1). Maybe I'm remembering it wrong :o

Searched GW news too, but can't seem to get to those old news...

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Torri Higginson signed a 6-year contract too, didn't she?

jelgate
May 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Torri Higginson signed a 6-year contract too, didn't she?Most likely but its diffierent in the acting business. TPTB can cancel an actor's contract whenever they want but an actor has to work until contract expires of is canceled.

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Most likely but its diffierent in the acting business. TPTB can cancel an actor's contract whenever they want but an actor has to work until contract expires of is canceled.

Of course... :rolleyes:

Briangate78
May 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM

This has nothing to do with Torri Higginson.

Most likely but its diffierent in the acting business. TPTB can cancel an actor's contract whenever they want but an actor has to work until contract expires of is canceled.

Um thanks Jelgate you took the words right out of my mouth.

jelgate
May 22nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
This has nothing to do with Torri Higginson.Um thanks Jelgate you took the words right out of my mouth.Your welcome but I think I angered FH in the process.:(

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Your welcome but I think I angered FH in the process.:(

No, you didn't. That eyerolling smiley just didn't do my eyeroll any justice. It was about the business of how the contracts might work, btw.

jelgate
May 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
No, you didn't. That eyerolling smiley just didn't do my eyeroll any justice. It was about the business of how the contracts might work, btw.I'm overeacting again. I blame the artifical sugars. All of television is run that way not just SGA.

sgarocks
May 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM

Sure. And Paul McGillion too. Producers can end the actors' contracts and it happens in the industry all the time, for whatever reasons. But I don't see what that has to do with the likelihood of a season 7. The point is that if the actors' contracts are valid up to and including a possible season 7, their contracts won't have to be renegociated in case the show gets picked up for a season 7 (i.e. they can get a new season at a lower cost that the cost they would have if they have to renegociate the contracts, and that's important from a business point of view).

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm overeacting again. I blame the artifical sugars. All of television is run that way not just SGA.

Mmm... it's the way of business.

Briangate78
May 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Sure. And Paul McGillion too. Producers can end the actors' contracts and it happens in the industry all the time, for whatever reasons. But I don't see what that has to do with the likelihood of a season 7. The point is that if the actors' contracts are valid up to and including a possible season 7, their contracts won't have to be renegociated in case the show gets picked up for a season 7 (i.e. they can get a new season at a lower cost that the cost they would have if they have to renegociate the contracts, and that's important from a business point of view).

Paul Mcgillion likely has a recurring role contract now. It gives him work and the freedom to pursue other work since a full-time role would tie him up all season. I believe he is now on break and will come back when the 2nd half begins to shoot.

See, they should of offered that to Torri as well, give her a decent role and let her have the freedom to pursue other jobs between eps.

Don't be surprised if Jason Momoa decides to stay if we even get to a 7th season. 2 years is a long time, anything can change or not change depending how he feels now.

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM

Excuse the double post but I missed a post.... Took too long to post. Slow me! :p

This isn't just a thread about a possible season 7 cause that would be selling the hide before having a dead bear. This is also about JM leaving, or possibly leaving... When exactly that might be (with the emphasis on might).

sgarocks
May 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM

Yes, TPTB can cancel actors' contracts for any and no reason. It's not like they have to justify wanting or not wanting to continue a certain story line, or any other reason they might have for it. It happens all the time and it's just how the business has always worked.

I'm not sure about the actors having always to work until their contract expires. Maybe it depends on each case, maybe they can do it but they have to pay the studios fees. No idea.

Repli!kat
May 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Excuse the double post but I missed a post.... Took too long to post. Slow me! :p

This isn't just a thread about a possible season 7 cause that would be selling the hide before having a dead bear. This is also about JM leaving, or possibly leaving... When exactly that might be (with the emphasis on might).

I just had a senior moment here, when I read that I thought you were referring to Joe Malozzi leaving, not Jason Momoa! :o

sgarocks
May 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM

LOL. Several people posted stuff while I was typing my reply too. :P

My post was a reply to a post about season 7 not being very likely due to the contracts expiring at the end of season 6. I posted that I believed the contracts end after s7. The point I was trying to make is that the contracts might not have to be renegociated until after season 7 (IF there's a season 6 and a season 7, of course).
When I saw your post about Torri Higginson's contract, I thought you were replying to that post about the 6-year contracts and season 7, and I didn't see what the decision about canceling her contract had to do with having to renegociate the actors' contracts in a couple of years.
Sorry for any misunderstanding. :o

Coremae
May 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Bye Ronon bring back super Ford, Nuff Bloody Said!!!

Jeffala
May 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Bye Ronon bring back super Ford, Nuff Bloody Said!!!

I'm not sure how useful flecks of dust would be since that's basically what he is after he got blown up in "The Hive".

KindlyKeller
May 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
"The Hive" was left ambiguous as I recall, w/ Sheppard even commenting that he might have made it.

Briangate78
May 22nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
If Ford returns to replace Ronon I will not be happy. Again for the 1000th time.... If Anything is going to happen it won't happen till Season 7.

jelgate
May 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Why replace with Ronon with a character who had no personality?

Jackie
May 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
The question should be...if JM leaves then how will Ronon die?

I will go with...

Exploding tumor? Na, too cliché.

Wraith food? Nope, can't feed on him...made runner cause of that.

Teyla shoots him after she finds him in bed with Keller? Possibly.

Sheppard shoots him after finding him in bed with Rodney? Not likely. Rodney would go for shep though.

Rodney kills him...after becoming super rodney again but this time he's evil.

Ronon kills himself after discovering he is actually a wraith.

Dr. Wier returns as a replicator and makes him into...a replicator.

Ronon discovers death by chocolate ice cream.

He does a Barny Five and shoots his foot while the gun is still in his holster and dies of massive blood loss.

He comes to earth and is put on a make over show, where he kills the 5 gay guys, then gets the death penalty by lethal injection. Of course it takes 10 times the amount of potassium to kill him than a normal prisoner.

Ronon is infected by replicator nanites and is made into the Terminator and a kid named John Connor has to kill him.

Ronon is killed by a piano falling on his head after Keller took him to a concert in NY city.

Ronon dies of boredom after being subjected to Rodney and Daniel trying to out talk one another.

Jack takes Ronon fishing, he falls into the pond and drowns.

Ronon finds himself trapped between Carter and Rodney at a science fair. That's enough to kill anyone.

Last but not least, Ronon clones himself a hundred times and they all turn on him.

:ronan::ronan::ronan:

PG15
May 22nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Actually, I don't think so.

If you look at Stargate history, those that wanted to be gone were never really killed (Danny ascended, Hammond retired or something, and Jack...went away), while those who were forced off of the show were killed (Frasier, Grodin, Carson, Weir, etc.).

Jonas bucks this trend, however.

Lahela
May 22nd, 2008, 11:31 PM

(If Ronon loses his hair in some way during S5, I've not heard about it. Of course, I'm not actively following spoilers for S5.)

Jason didn't want the dreads any more for himself, because of the weight. He never wanted Ronon to lose them.

I will go with...

<snippage>

<snippage>

It wasn't because they can't feed on him, it was because while feeding on him the wraith realised he was so strong and would make a good runner.

:)

Jackie
May 23rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Actually, I don't think so.

If you look at Stargate history, those that wanted to be gone were never really killed (Danny ascended, Hammond retired or something, and Jack...went away), while those who were forced off of the show were killed (Frasier, Grodin, Carson, Weir, etc.).

It was a joke, don't take things so literal.:rolleyes:

GoSpikey
May 23rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
I didn't really find it funny either, so... :P

Jeffala
May 23rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
"The Hive" was left ambiguous as I recall, w/ Sheppard even commenting that he might have made it.

Well since he didn't know how to fly a dart, I'm not sure how he could have gotten off of the hive before it exploded.

Jason didn't want the dreads any more for himself, because of the weight. He never wanted Ronon to lose them.

But they have to sew them back on for filming and sewing in tracks is really painful.

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
I just had a senior moment here, when I read that I thought you were referring to Joe Malozzi leaving, not Jason Momoa! :o

Sorry for the confusion... I realized it when I was typing that it could look diffirent. *pats*

Sorry for any misunderstanding. :o

Sometimes threads move so fast, I can hardly keep up... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. ;)

Did he? After that one vague mention of the Ori taking his planet, one can only assume he died in vague circumstances, just like Ford.

Well since he didn't know how to fly a dart, I'm not sure how he could have gotten off of the hive before it exploded.

Something I never really understood... Didn't they say in The Lost Boys that they had flown the dart but that they weren't as good at it as Sheppard would be?

Jeffala
May 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Something I never really understood... Didn't they say in The Lost Boys that they had flown the dart but that they weren't as good at it as Sheppard would be?

Here's what they said:

KANAYO: None of us have had much success flying it. Banged it up pretty bad the last couple of landings. It's in need of some repairs.

FORD: And a real pilot.

We know that Ford probably left after Sheppard, et. al. did so Ford, an inexperienced pilot who is at best not very good at flying the dart has to get the dart, fly it out of the hangar bay, fly it past the other darts in the battle zone (dodging both them and their weapons fire), escape the shockwave caused by the hive's destruction, and successfully land the dart and escape through the stargate (or, if he knows how, fly the dart through the gate but still have to land it eventually).

I don't know how doable it is for him.

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2008, 08:23 AM

It could be possible, anything could happen if you really believe in it. ;)

Jeffala
May 23rd, 2008, 08:34 AM
It could be possible, anything could happen if you really believe in it. ;)

And every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings? :p

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
And every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings? :p

Really? :eek:

:p

Jeffala
May 23rd, 2008, 08:40 AM

That's what that little girl in that old movie told me.

I'm also remembering something about clapping and fairies, but that may be totally unrelated.

</offtopic>

jelgate
May 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM

Of course my doorbell just rang and your here:P

Lahela
May 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
But they have to sew them back on for filming and sewing in tracks is really painful.

Yep, but it was the sudden weight that was the decider which is why they forked out ten grand for the wig. Jason still wanted Ronon to keep his dreads :)

Ripple in Space
May 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
We know that Ford probably left after Sheppard, et. al. did so Ford, an inexperienced pilot who is at best not very good at flying the dart has to get the dart, fly it out of the hangar bay, fly it past the other darts in the battle zone (dodging both them and their weapons fire), escape the shockwave caused by the hive's destruction, and successfully land the dart and escape through the stargate (or, if he knows how, fly the dart through the gate but still have to land it eventually).

I always heard that Ascended Jonas (the Ori killed him) just teleported Ford to safety...

Irish Eyes
May 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM

I will go with...

Exploding tumor? Na, too cliché.

Teyla shoots him after she finds him in bed with Keller? Possibly.

Sheppard shoots him after finding him in bed with Rodney? Not likely. Rodney would go for shep though.

Rodney kills him...after becoming super rodney again but this time he's evil.

Ronon kills himself after discovering he is actually a wraith.

Dr. Wier returns as a replicator and makes him into...a replicator.

Ronon discovers death by chocolate ice cream.

He does a Barny Five and shoots his foot while the gun is still in his holster and dies of massive blood loss.

He comes to earth and is put on a make over show, where he kills the 5 gay guys, then gets the death penalty by lethal injection. Of course it takes 10 times the amount of potassium to kill him than a normal prisoner.

Ronon is infected by replicator nanites and is made into the Terminator and a kid named John Connor has to kill him.

Ronon is killed by a piano falling on his head after Keller took him to a concert in NY city.

Ronon dies of boredom after being subjected to Rodney and Daniel trying to out talk one another.

Jack takes Ronon fishing, he falls into the pond and drowns.

Ronon finds himself trapped between Carter and Rodney at a science fair. That's enough to kill anyone.

Last but not least, Ronon clones himself a hundred times and they all turn on him.

Jackie - tried to green you, but it wouldn't let me. :lol:

Let's just say I would be helping Teyla. ;)

PG15
May 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
It was a joke, don't take things so literal.:rolleyes:

But I like taking things literally! :p

Besides, it gave me a chance to note the pattern.

Interesting point FH. I'd buy it. :D

Jackie
May 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
I didn't really find it funny either, so... :P

Humor is subjective!

:p:p and :p

Jackie - tried to green you, but it wouldn't let me. :lol:

Let's just say I would be helping Teyla. ;)

Thanks irish eyes.

Jackie
May 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
But I like taking things literally! :p

Besides, it gave me a chance to note the pattern.

Interesting point FH. I'd buy it. :D

I'm afraid to ask what you were noting.

Without humor life would be dreadful, boring, and boring. :eek:

Thank god (god of your choosing) for individuality. :)

Morbius
May 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM
there isn't going to be a season 7, unless skiffy is committed and can't get out of it, ie. they already paid, there won't be a season 6.

lossing weir was bad, the replacement with carter was dumb, but woolsy?

i'm outa here, and so are the vast majority of the casual viewers i imagine. The whole show had already been a shark jumper, it is almost silly to watch this then go watch SG-1 from season 1-4, the shows don't resemble each other.

now i just can't see a reason to watch this dribble anymore, but i'm utterly stunned to think someone has a pipe dream that this train wreck will go on for 3 season more, count yourself lucky it went to season 5.

Jumper_One
May 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
there isn't going to be a season 7, unless skiffy is committed and can't get out of it, ie. they already paid, there won't be a season 6.

lossing weir was bad, the replacement with carter was dumb, but woolsy?

why don't you wait until you've seen s5 ;)

i'm outa here, and so are the vast majority of the casual viewers i imagine. The whole show had already been a shark jumper, it is almost silly to watch this then go watch SG-1 from season 1-4, the shows don't resemble each other.

so? are you saying Atlantis is supposed to be like SG-1?

now i just can't see a reason to watch this dribble anymore, but i'm utterly stunned to think someone has a pipe dream that this train wreck will go on for 3 season more, count yourself lucky it went to season 5.

I'm sorry you feel that way but according to the ratings and viewers more people have watched s4.5 than s3.5

jelgate
May 24th, 2008, 05:34 PM
so? are you saying Atlantis is supposed to be like SG-1I hope not That would boring to me. SGA is a lot more gray SG1 ever was

Briangate78
May 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
How the heck did Atlantis jump the shark? Last time I checked they are still fighting the Wraith, and one in perticular who has become more advanced. Talk about character and enemy development. That to me is a show that is going in the right direction. Also season 5 will have the team exploring the pegasus galaxy and Atlantis again, so how the heck is that different from the beginning?

As per Ronon leaving, lets get past a Season 6 before we even concern ourselves.

I disagree with the comments people make like "Oh maybe Jason knows something we don't". Um yeah ok, sure. He just said in a recent interview that he got so into his character he never had so much passion in acting. Rachel Lutrell is loving the direction of her character. I see a very happy cast and crew. Heck, why the hell would Paul McGillion even return for a recurring role if he did not get along with the producers. He could of said no like Torri. Maybe it's not the producers but certain actors who have the issues. Amanda Tapping wanted to stay but she could not blow such a great opportunity. She'll be back though in several eps. That to me shows the cast is happy. So please stop spreading rumors that Joe and Co are making everyone unhappy. I am sick and tired of the false accusations. Please have evidence to back things up, like I do with my ratings rants. Thank you. Again, Just talking in general.

Mitchell82
May 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM
If that happens I think I will jump ship as that has "jump the shark" written all over it. IMO Jason leaving is at this point nothing more than a rumor that has gotten way out of control. If and I stress if he leaves it is IMHO not the end of the world. I love Ronon but simply him leaving because he wants to branch out is not enough to be an issue.

SG13-NightOps
May 25th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I agree. It was all planned. They are putting subliminal messages into Jason's script so HE decides to leave this time so that they can bring over Teal'c. Why cant everyone see that!!!!

/sarcasm

vaberella
May 25th, 2008, 01:35 AM

I'll bite.

My issue isn't Ronon leaving but the way he would leave and what would happen to the role afterwards. If the actor who plays Ronon wants to leave he permanently must leave. I hate the vacation time some actors take to rest and recoup and try to reprise the role when (and this is a leaping statement) the need for something better fails them miserably.

In any event, if he goes...a few cameo roles would be nice because I don't want him dead fully. Maybe hook him up with a lady and keep him off the show or something. But he bumps into the team from time to time.

I was tempted to suggest maybe leaving this open to bring back Ford. But that's way too much and as I've said in the past it's really too late for Ford at this point. In any event, I wouldn't be too upset with Ronon leaving since I don't see it too detrimental to the storyline.

Although Ronon is still the most well written character on SGA, he doesn't necessarily hold the show together except in my little world. Plus as a fan I have no loyalty to any character. :)

As for Teal'c replacing...I think that's a ludicrous idea since they don't really need to add to keep a token. Unfortunately if they add Teal'c, I'd seriously see it as a misstep by TPTB and they'd have turned a great character like Ronon into a token muscle man. It's not needed or necessary. As for the others coming in...I didn't know Carter and the rest would definitely be turning SGA into what the lemmings accused the show of becoming when Weir was elminated and Carter took up the spot of intermittent leader.

I personally would not be against having an all new cast taking over to tell you the truth. I'm tired of this crew sort of falling into the same silly highjinx they haven't learned from in the last 4 or so seasons. At this point their stupidity in situations has reached over my head and I wouldn't mind seeing a new crew entering into stupid highjinx of the same rationale. They can leave the old characters there to tell them how to make the situation worst though. :D

Platschu
May 25th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Sorry for being harsh, but if Jason doesn't want to stay even if he gets better salary, he or any other actor finds it boring or not enough satisfying from the carrier perspective, than they must let him or her go. :o

Briangate78: You are right. It seems Atlantis will be more colorful than ever in season 5. ;)

vaberella
May 25th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I agree. It was all planned. They are putting subliminal messages into Jason's script so HE decides to leave this time so that they can bring over Teal'c. Why cant everyone see that!!!!

/sarcasm

Or maybe it's something more...

Ronon's father is really Teal'c.:S

GoSpikey
May 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Mental green, Brian!

markaudette
May 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
With the state of the franchise as it is right now, I already have my foot wedged in the door, holding it open for me.

If Jason leaves - I'm done. I'm gone. I can't take this crap any more.

lcshepp
May 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I would imagine that there are a few more contracts to fret over after S6. If I recall correctly, JF's contract might be an issue also. He has not said anything publicly as Jason has, but who know what will happen?

I for one feel that with all the possiblilites that lay ahead for the Stargate franchise, eg. movies, conventions, books, more seasons, etc., that to publicly say you might be leaving, is a bit rash. Jason says he is only 28, well yes, you are ONLY 28. He has a lot of years ahead of him. The Stargate franchise can possibly be considered a 'cashcow' for all concerned. Not that Jason wouldn't be a part of that in some fashion, but it would be nice if he would consider finishing out the series.

Hopfully if the quality remains high and viewership steady, maybe he will reconsider. But in the end he has to do what is right for him.

Briangate78
May 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Well I read in a recent interview that Jason got so into his character and the part that he broke some equipment or something. That to me shows passion and really getting into your character that you love, not hate.

maylet
May 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Nice idea

Briangate78
May 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
He did say that. He also said he's looking for other options. Someone doesn't have to be completely miserable to keep their options open. It's something actors do.

That's the whole point to this conversation. He did not say he was unhappy and leaving. People are making those assumptions. Maybe he doesn't think SGA will make it past 6 Seasons. If it does, maybe he'll be singing a different tune.

Cautious Explorer
May 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
That's the whole point to this conversation. He did not say he was unhappy and leaving. People are making those assumptions. Maybe he doesn't think SGA will make it past 6 Seasons. If it does, maybe he'll be singing a different tune.

Brian, I think you're fussing over nothing. People aren't going to stop speculating just because you "prove" that Jason is happy in his role. The fact is, he is looking. That's a smart thing to do. No matter how much he may love playing Ronon, he'd be foolish to turn down a part where he was actually utilized as more than a background character. (I'm not giving motives to JM -- just my opinion)

Rac80
May 26th, 2008, 06:02 PM
warning I am in a "mood" so don't read unless you are prepared!
there will be weeping and wailing in the streets, riots will break out, disappointed fans will be throwing their 52 in wide screen tvs out second story windows! there will be earthquakes, floods, asteroid attacks, famine everywhere, locusts, ants, and SMOG....
*shrugs shoulders* oh well, we will survive! :D:D

Briangate78
May 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Brian, I think you're fussing over nothing. People aren't going to stop speculating just because you "prove" that Jason is happy in his role. The fact is, he is looking. That's a smart thing to do. No matter how much he may love playing Ronon, he'd be foolish to turn down a part where he was actually utilized as more than a background character. (I'm not giving motives to JM -- just my opinion)

I'm fussing over how people misrepresent facts in general or make assuptions without evidence. JM says he's keeping his options open for something after Stargate. All of a sudden people are saying he is unhappy and will be leaving. If this is not distorting someone's statement then I don't know what is.

Cautious Explorer
May 26th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Better than paranoia. :p

I'm not paranoid. You're just out to get me! :)

I'm fussing over how people misrepresent facts in general or make assuptions without evidence. JM says he's keeping his options open for something after Stargate. All of a sudden people are saying he is unhappy and will be leaving. If this is not distorting someone's statement then I don't know what is.

People see what they see. You've presented your own "facts" a time or two yourself. Nobody except JM knows his motivations. I think you're on sticky ground when you start trying to tell people what the "facts" are. It might be best to state your own opinions and leaving it at that.

Skydiver
May 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
guys, let's take it easy on the speculation. NOne of you are at bridge, none of you are confidantes of the actors, and NONE of you have ANY idea what's going on in thier heads.

rumor mongering causes nothing but harm

Cory Holmes
May 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
But it can be funny :)

Briangate78
May 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm not paranoid. You're just out to get me! :)

People see what they see. You've presented your own "facts" a time or two yourself. Nobody except JM knows his motivations. I think you're on sticky ground when you start trying to tell people what the "facts" are. It might be best to state your own opinions and leaving it at that.

Well the only facts I've posted on this forum are mainly about Ratings. Ratings are cut and dry for the most part.

guys, let's take it easy on the speculation. NOne of you are at bridge, none of you are confidantes of the actors, and NONE of you have ANY idea what's going on in thier heads.

That's what I've been stressing the whole time through this thread. :)

ablevins425
May 26th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I say who cares if he leaves? I for one don't really see his character making or breaking the show, and I have never been a fan. Except Sateda. It was a good episode.

Mitchell82
May 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'll bite.

My issue isn't Ronon leaving but the way he would leave and what would happen to the role afterwards. If the actor who plays Ronon wants to leave he permanently must leave.
Not necessarily. They've done well so far with having past characters guest star.

I hate the vacation time some actors take to rest and recoup and try to reprise the role when (and this is a leaping statement) the need for something better fails them miserably.
Like Soaps? Yeah that is getting old though a first grader could write better scripts than the writers on the soaps.

In any event, if he goes...a few cameo roles would be nice because I don't want him dead fully. Maybe hook him up with a lady and keep him off the show or something. But he bumps into the team from time to time.
Well while cameo roles are better than nothing I'd rather if he leaves that a guest spot is more than a cameo.

I was tempted to suggest maybe leaving this open to bring back Ford. But that's way too much and as I've said in the past it's really too late for Ford at this point. In any event, I wouldn't be too upset with Ronon leaving since I don't see it too detrimental to the storyline.
Meh Ford is dead and gone and while I can live with it if Ronon leaves he is IMHO an essential part of the show and way better than Ford.

Although Ronon is still the most well written character on SGA, he doesn't necessarily hold the show together except in my little world. Plus as a fan I have no loyalty to any character. :)
Well actually IMO all the characters are very well written though I do have loyalty to Shep,Teyla, and Rodney and really hope none of them leave.

As for Teal'c replacing...I think that's a ludicrous idea since they don't really need to add to keep a token. Unfortunately if they add Teal'c, I'd seriously see it as a misstep by TPTB and they'd have turned a great character like Ronon into a token muscle man. It's not needed or necessary. As for the others coming in...I didn't know Carter and the rest would definitely be turning SGA into what the lemmings accused the show of becoming when Weir was elminated and Carter took up the spot of intermittent leader.
Agreed. Turning this into Sg-1 redux would be a very bad idea.

I personally would not be against having an all new cast taking over to tell you the truth. I'm tired of this crew sort of falling into the same silly highjinx they haven't learned from in the last 4 or so seasons. At this point their stupidity in situations has reached over my head and I wouldn't mind seeing a new crew entering into stupid highjinx of the same rationale. They can leave the old characters there to tell them how to make the situation worst though. :D
While the show could survive a major change like that I disagree with the way the show is going. Personally they are going in the right direction and I don't want that to change.

TameFarrar
May 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM
The TOPIC of this thread is "What if Ronon leaves in Season 7?" not what is going on with Joe Flanigan.

Please confine your discussion to the Topic.

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

vaberella
May 26th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Not necessarily. They've done well so far with having past characters guest star.
To an extent I won't agree. It's when I think of Ford do I have a sense of disillusionment. Not to mention, I like when they leave in glory and don't really return. It opens the door for other things. As I said though, I don't mind maybe one or two come backs but they'd have to be extremely few and far between.

Like Soaps? Yeah that is getting old though a first grader could write better scripts than the writers on the soaps.
Actually I was referring to actors who take time off for things bigger and better (like a movie career but just turn into extras on other shows) and when it doesn't work out they come back. It irks me to no end. I won't deny that it's seen a lot with soap actors. I know a few one in paticular an actress who plays Robin in General Hospital--won several awards, left for the big screen and just ended up playing extras with two lines in shows like Party of Five or Firefly. I prefer if they stay away and let the show go on. Not my choice to make, but it's a personal gripe.

Well while cameo roles are better than nothing I'd rather if he leaves that a guest spot is more than a cameo.
I guess I should have been more careful in my wording. I meant guest spot rather than a five minute cameo. He of course has been a regular. But again I would prefer it few and far between.

Meh Ford is dead and gone and while I can live with it if Ronon leaves he is IMHO an essential part of the show and way better than Ford.
I see the importance his character could play but when I was still an avid watcher of SGA...Ronon, taciturn as he is, was basically wall paper at times with a good one liner. They were not and I still feel have not used him to his max. But compared to everyone else, he's the best developed and the most three-dimensional character there is. The rest of them are, for all intents and purposes, lame and one-dimensional. Sometimes, I see more to Shep, but then he falls flat.

Well actually IMO all the characters are very well written though I do have loyalty to Shep,Teyla, and Rodney and really hope none of them leave.
As my above states...I think everyone else is overall terribly written when compared to Ronon. Ronon is a phenomenal character, although they can push him even more. Of course if we take Ronon out of the list and you set up the heirarchy amongst the remaining characters...including recurring. I get the feeling Zelenka beats Shep, Teyla, and McKay by a landslide.

Agreed. Turning this into Sg-1 redux would be a very bad idea.

While the show could survive a major change like that I disagree with the way the show is going. Personally they are going in the right direction and I don't want that to change.

I don't now how I feel with the changes made. At this stage and post S4, I've become ambivalent...since the characters who felt some endearing qualities have since lost it. So if Ronon leaves, it won't be the last straw in my on and off again following, but it will decrease it more. I won't be upset with the character gone but I will have problems with the way he's handled in future if he loses the varied and unpredictable persona he has.

Briangate78
May 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yup, Jason Momoa hates working on Atlantis.............

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/dsc08264.jpg

Doesn't he look like he is having a bad time? ;)

Jeffala
May 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Yup, Jason Momoa hates working on Atlantis.............

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/dsc08264.jpg

Doesn't he look like he is having a bad time? ;)

He looks like he drank that paint thinner (guessing) next to him and it got him super-sloshed.

Everlovin
June 11th, 2008, 11:32 PM
warning I am in a "mood" so don't read unless you are prepared!
there will be weeping and wailing in the streets, riots will break out, disappointed fans will be throwing their 52 in wide screen tvs out second story windows! there will be earthquakes, floods, asteroid attacks, famine everywhere, locusts, ants, and SMOG....
*shrugs shoulders* oh well, we will survive! :D:D

LOL! Rach! That sounds like that Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd cartoon they took off of Wagner's 'Ring of the Neibelung'. Love it! Earthquakes! Tidal Waves! Lightning! Thunder! SMOG!!!!!

Seriously, I'd be upset. I was upset when we lost Jonas, Janet, Jack, Aiden, Carson, and Liz. I'll still watch Stargate because it's one of the three best things on TV.

prion
June 12th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I don't think there'll be a S7. Although anything's possible I suppose. But if they do get that far, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason wasn't the only one leaving. Joe Flanigan sounded a little bit like the weekly commute was starting to wear on him in his last interview with Stargate Magazine, and I'll be a little surprised if he re-signs after he finishes his six year contract. David and Rachel will be finishing their contracts as well - who knows? David obviously has no problem finding other projects to keep him busy. I don't know if Rachel has anything else going on.

Plus - considering what happened to SG-1 in its later years? I'm not sure I want Atlantis to go much longer. I'd be happy with six years and no more (maybe less - we'll see how this season goes :D).

I think it's way too early to speculate on who might leave or who might not. For Joe, while the commute is awful, it's a steady gig, good salary, and he's got a family to support. As for Jason's comments, me thinks a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

Rac80
June 18th, 2008, 03:45 PM
LOL! Rach! That sounds like that Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd cartoon they took off of Wagner's 'Ring of the Neibelung'. Love it! Earthquakes! Tidal Waves! Lightning! Thunder! SMOG!!!!!

Seriously, I'd be upset. I was upset when we lost Jonas, Janet, Jack, Aiden, Carson, and Liz. I'll still watch Stargate because it's one of the three best things on TV.

HA! someone else who watches the classics! ;)
To be honest Stargate Atlantis is the only thing I bother watching the new episodes of! everything else I'll catch later if I really want to see it.

Xylian
August 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Jason Momoa said he didn't want to play Ronon after six seasons. So, if Atlantis lasts more than six seasons, who will replace Ronon. It definately won't be Ford again. What do any of you think?

Sun'shyne
August 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
If they look for brains instead of muscles, Jonas would make the most perfect choice....

Having said that though, It would be a shame to lose Jason.

Colonel_Ez
August 3rd, 2008, 04:09 AM

With SGA not being as popular as SG-1 it will probably finish at the S7 mark anyway (as is the standard with most shows) possibly even finish before

Moving SG-1 to Atlantis and downgrading the Atlantis cast to helping out in 12 or so eps a season would be a seriously bad idea imo

Briangate78
August 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
With SGA not being as popular as SG-1 it will probably finish at the S7 mark anyway (as is the standard with most shows) possibly even finish before

Moving SG-1 to Atlantis and downgrading the Atlantis cast to helping out in 12 or so eps a season would be a seriously bad idea imo

Actually SGA is more successful internationally than SG-1 was according to MGM.

Vespasianus
August 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
If Ronon indeed leaves in S7, I imagine the writers will promote Captain Alicia Vega to Sheppard's team.

queen_hathor
August 3rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
To be fair, the GW headline is: "Momoa might leave Atlantis."
Hey, just found this thread. Does someone have a link to this? There's a lot to trawl through!!

jelgate
August 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Hey, just found this thread. Does someone have a link to this? There's a lot to trawl through!!http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/momoa_might_leave_iatlantisi.shtml

queen_hathor
August 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM

Briangate78
August 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Gotta emphasize the word "Might" on that one.

Falcon Horus
August 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
If Ronon indeed leaves in S7, I imagine the writers will promote Captain Alicia Vega to Sheppard's team.

:eek:

No-no-no-no-no-no-no, tell me you're kidding!! Please, tell me you're kidding?

queen_hathor
August 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Gotta emphasize the word "Might" on that one.

Oh yeah definitely.

Having a mental block... who's Vega?

jelgate
August 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Vega was that lady who shot down the Dart in S&R

Falcon Horus
August 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Having a mental block... who's Vega?

Search & Rescue

The chick who shoots a dart without even aiming for it.

queen_hathor
August 3rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Ah right. I think I'd rather just have Lorne join the team lol.

Infinatus
August 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
Lorne or Vega joining Sheppard's team would be a bad idea. Lorne is good as a recurring character, and maybe Vega will be too, but I remember somebody saying somewhere on these boards you can't eat cake every day.

stclare
August 4th, 2008, 05:53 AM

Hey you gotta balance out the male/female ratio right ;)

I have to say i wouldnt be bothered if Jason left of his own accord. Ronan isnt one of my "must see charcters" although i do like the current dynamic. it wouldnt put me off watching should he be absent.

siegprime
August 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
It'll obviously be Todd that joins the team... V_V

queen_hathor
August 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
It'll obviously be Todd that joins the team... V_V
:lol:

Mitchell82
August 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Jason Momoa said he didn't want to play Ronon after six seasons. So, if Atlantis lasts more than six seasons, who will replace Ronon. It definately won't be Ford again. What do any of you think?

Well remember RDA said that every single year from season 6-season 8 when he finally said this time he means it. So my point is who knows what will happen.Lets just see if the show makes it that far.

ha'tak_
August 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
WHAT will there be season 6 and 7

but ronon cant leave

jelgate
August 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
You have to take that article with a grain of salt. A lot can happen between now and a potential S7

Mitchell82
August 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
WHAT will there be season 6 and 7

but ronon cant leave

At this point a season 7 is a stretch lets just see if we get a season 6.

the fifth man
August 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
At this point a season 7 is a stretch lets just see if we get a season 6.

Yeah, as most of us know, you can never really predict what Sci-Fi will do. At the very least, I sure hope we get a Season 6.

Vespasianus
August 5th, 2008, 11:43 PM

No-no-no-no-no-no-no, tell me you're kidding!! Please, tell me you're kidding?But of course.;)

Her name wasn't even spoken thus far, she had about half a minute of screen time and I'm not crazy about noname characters being promoted to full time. But you could see the attraction she'd have for the writers: eye-candy and by the time a S7 aired, she would be an "established character".:D Still, she'd be a better choice as a team member than Nancy Sheppard on the base á la House M.D. S2.

But seriously, I don't know who could replace Ronon if Atlantis manages to go as far as a Season 7 AND Momoa wants to leave. Lorne is simply not interesting enough on the long term (imo!), Ford is most probably dead... hmmm. Zelenka could fun though, it's just that the team doesn't require TWO brilliant astrophysicists.

That would drive Shepard nuts. :D

Rac80
August 6th, 2008, 06:45 AM
You have to take that article with a grain of salt. A lot can happen between now and a potential S7

call me a cynic but my first thought was "Contract negotiations!" :P:P

Mitchell82
August 6th, 2008, 11:11 AM
But of course.;)

Her name wasn't even spoken thus far, she had about half a minute of screen time and I'm not crazy about noname characters being promoted to full time. But you could see the attraction she'd have for the writers: eye-candy and by the time a S7 aired, she would be an "established character".:D Still, she'd be a better choice as a team member than Nancy Sheppard on the base á la House M.D. S2.

But seriously, I don't know who could replace Ronon if Atlantis manages to go as far as a Season 7 AND Momoa wants to leave. Lorne is simply not interesting enough on the long term (imo!), Ford is most probably dead... hmmm. Zelenka could fun though, it's just that the team doesn't require TWO brilliant astrophysicists.

How about this guy...http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/sg1s10e20_0805.jpg

jelgate
August 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
How about this guy...http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/sg1s10e20_0805.jpgNo

Jeffala
August 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
No

Agreed.

Infinatus
August 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
How about this guy...http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/sg1s10e20_0805.jpg

That would be really cool but at the same time it would make no sense.

Infinatus
August 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Zelenka could fun though, it's just that the team doesn't require TWO brilliant astrophysicists.

Zelenka would have been useful in The Daedalus Variations. ;)

KindlyKeller
August 7th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I don't think there's going to be a Season 7 (S6 seems a likely ending for the series, even if they do some direct-to-DVD films a la SG-1), so I don't think this will be much of an issue.

If there is a Season 7 and he does leave, Lorne makes sense character-personality wise, but not practically. It would basically be a demotion for him, as he leads his own team right now. They could bring back Cadman. They could promote this Vega character. Or they could bring in someone now. If they go the lattermost route, I hope it's an Earth-born character and not another "badass alien."

Infinatus
August 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
If there is a season 7 it might be one of the new characters introduced in Whispers. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out.

fumblesmcstupid
August 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
uh, wow what will we do if Ronon leaves in season 7? hmmmmmm weeeellll.

gosh darn it what will we do?

Snap my fingers.....there won't be a serason 7

talk about putting your horse before your cart!

Infinatus
August 26th, 2008, 07:07 PM
And I was quite looking forward to Atlantis with no Ronon.

stargater1990
August 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM

heretic!!!

Jeffala
August 26th, 2008, 10:57 PM
heretic!!!

<dalek>
DO NOT BLASPHEME! DO NOT BLASPHEME!
</dalek>

(Sorry, I couldn't help it.)

queen_hathor
August 27th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Would you expand on that please? What are you reasons for that?

Infinatus
August 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Would you expand on that please? What are you reasons for that?

He's a shallow character who just gets a kick out of blood and guts. Sateda did help explain this but I still don't particularly enjoy watching him on screen most of the time because he's usually just portrayed as a "badass alien" with a nifty blaster who kills Wraith, has superhuman strength and endurance, and then is suddenly useless in episodes with no action.

queen_hathor
August 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
He's a shallow character who just gets a kick out of blood and guts. Sateda did help explain this but I still don't particularly enjoy watching him on screen most of the time because he's usually just portrayed as a "badass alien" with a nifty blaster who kills Wraith, has superhuman strength and endurance, and then is suddenly useless in episodes with no action.
WTF??? :eek:

OK, thanks. That gave me a good laugh, but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I totally disagree of course, but hey I'm entitled to my opinion too :D

jelgate
August 27th, 2008, 12:56 PM
He seemed pretty useful in The Shrine:D

queen_hathor
August 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
He certainly did :D

dec55
August 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Ronan is one of the best characters that made sense in the Stargate Universe.
Definitely brought some excellent dry humor to the show.

Falcon Horus
August 27th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Definitely brought some excellent dry humor to the show.

Not to mention lots of grunting and grumbling.

jelgate
August 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Not to mention lots of grunting and grumbling.And they say Ronon and Rodney are different:P

Falcon Horus
August 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM
And they say Ronan and Rodney are different:P

Well, Rodney does talk a loooooooot more than Ronon will ever do.

Briangate78
August 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
uh, wow what will we do if Ronon leaves in season 7? hmmmmmm weeeellll.

gosh darn it what will we do?

Snap my fingers.....there won't be a serason 7

talk about putting your horse before your cart!

Well there are a lot of Jack asses to pull those carts.

stargater1990
September 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM

you just about described teal'c, i take it you dont like him either then?

Infinatus
September 7th, 2008, 12:44 PM
you just about described teal'c, i take it you dont like him either then?

Actually I liked Teal'c a lot because despite his tendencies to seek "Jaffa revenge" he was useful beyond combat situations and unlike Ronon he didn't growl and grunt, need to be reminded not to kill when it wasn't appropriate, and he was more social in his own way (maybe not having lengthy conversations but he did make an attempt to better understand Earth with its unusual people and culture very different from what he knew on Chulak). Also, superhuman strength and endurance doesn't bother me when you have a symbiote or tretonin coursing through your veins, as opposed to an ordinary human.

Cryowolf
September 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Actually I liked Teal'c a lot because despite his tendencies to seek "Jaffa revenge" he was useful beyond combat situations and unlike Ronon he didn't growl and grunt, need to be reminded not to kill when it wasn't appropriate, and he was more social in his own way (maybe not having lengthy conversations but he did make an attempt to better understand Earth with its unusual people and culture very different from what he knew on Chulak). Also, superhuman strength and endurance doesn't bother me when you have a symbiote or tretonin coursing through your veins, as opposed to an ordinary human.

Teal'c produced such things that Ronan never could...Just look at.

Daniel: Go ahead, Teal'c, tell them how deep you are! You'll be lucky if you even understand this!

Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Daniel: Oooh! So deep!

Jack O'Neill: No more beer for you

queen_hathor
September 9th, 2008, 03:09 AM
as opposed to an ordinary human.
I'd say Ronon is far from ordinary!! :eek:

Save Carson
September 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
What do you mean, their is no season 7 and their will be no season 7

queen_hathor
September 13th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yes but when this thread was started, there had been no announcement that this will be the final one!

Save Carson
September 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
ok then. But even if there was going to be a season 7 why would Ronon leave unless he got killed? Ronon dosent get killed, he just kills

queen_hathor
September 17th, 2008, 01:25 PM
ok then. But even if there was going to be a season 7 why would Ronon leave unless he got killed? Ronon dosent get killed, he just kills
There was an interview with Jason Momoa where he said he'd leave at the end of season 6 to pursue other avenues. It's on GW somewhere I think, I'll try and find it :)

Jumper_One
September 17th, 2008, 01:43 PM
There was an interview with Jason Momoa where he said he'd leave at the end of season 6 to pursue other avenues. It's on GW somewhere I think, I'll try and find it :)

Blood and Tears (http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/blood_and_tears.shtml) ;)

queen_hathor
September 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Blood and Tears (http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/blood_and_tears.shtml) ;)
Thanks, at least someone's organised! :p

Jumper_One
September 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks, at least someone's organised! :p

LOL you're welcome :P