Darts Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darts Transport

In the episode Brotherhood we see a wraith pilot beam into Atlantis. Does this mean that there is a transporter in the Dart's cockpit?

If it is why didn't Sheppard beam himself out in the Lost Boys when he was flying in the hive?

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
    In the episode Brotherhood we see a wraith pilot beam into Atlantis. Does this mean that there is a transporter in the Dart's cockpit?

If it is why didn't Sheppard beam himself out in the Lost Boys when he was flying in the hive?
    He probably didn't know how.

The other possibility is despite what they though, it wasn't the pilot. Just a wraith that was stored in the buffer that the pilot was instructed to drop off.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Could be, Wraith have sacrificed themselves to try and destroy Atlantis (kamikaze run after the hives were destroyed).

As the dart interface was basic though the option probably just wasn't available.
      aka paddytehpyro

Comment

I dont think that Sheppard could beam himself out, He was stored in the buffer of the dart, in all likeliness the beaming tech is in control of the dart operator.
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

There is probably another smaller culling beam in the cockpit that allows the pilot to be stored in the buffer and then rematerialized to escape.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
          Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
          The Chevron Team
          Spoiler:
          Never make everything Organic!
          Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
          :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
          :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
          :The drones are heading towards us.
          :Those drones look familiar...
          : SQUID?!?
          We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
            There is probably another smaller culling beam in the cockpit that allows the pilot to be stored in the buffer and then rematerialized to escape.
            that is what I thought. in the episode where Mckay gets stuck in a dart and has Lt. Cadman's mind inside his. the beam appeared to be able to be directed backwards out of the back of the damaged dart. I always figured the beams were able to be aimed. The pilot just swiped the beam inside the cockpit after setting the controls to beam down and transmit all data back to the hive ship.

Such an ability also explains how a dart managed to cross light years of space. The pilot programmed the destination coordinates, beamed himself into the beam pod and waited in a form of stasis. When the Dart entered the system it automatically beamed him back into the cockpit where he had several hours to go. For the pilot only an hour or two would have gone by, but for the dart several months have travelled.

Comment

Probably couldn't with that Hive Ship?

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
                Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                that is what I thought. in the episode where Mckay gets stuck in a dart and has Lt. Cadman's mind inside his. the beam appeared to be able to be directed backwards out of the back of the damaged dart. I always figured the beams were able to be aimed. The pilot just swiped the beam inside the cockpit after setting the controls to beam down and transmit all data back to the hive ship.

Such an ability also explains how a dart managed to cross light years of space. The pilot programmed the destination coordinates, beamed himself into the beam pod and waited in a form of stasis. When the Dart entered the system it automatically beamed him back into the cockpit where he had several hours to go. For the pilot only an hour or two would have gone by, but for the dart several months have travelled.
                ^^^ This is what I have thought too since that episode where Ford captures the team and plans on Sheppard flying the found/stolen (?) Dart to the hive ship then taking his team up there by being picked up by the 'beam' them reintegrated upon arrival in the hive. I think that is what they did. Picked up the Wraith, kept him in the beam and beamed him down when they thought they were scanning the city.
                Jack: "Teal'c, look scary and take lead."
                Jack: (to a nurse with a needle) "Listen, really jam it in this time, okay!"
                Sheppard: The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns... we fight them too. Entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagens. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in.

Comment

If it is true what you are saying, the Dart must have had artificial intelligence since it did some nice evasive manouvres and destroyed a puddlejumper with one well-placed shot.

Comment

It was probably a wraith that was stored in the buffer panel. Cause the ship did seem to fly pretty well considering being shoot at.

Comment

Working...
                    X