Replicator Queen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicator Queen.

I just watched AOT a second time. And the scenes with the replicators caught my attention this time. The first thing the little buggers did was to build a Queen. So, if the metal spiders had everything they needed to construct a Queen, what purpose did the Queen serve?

~Dave

I imagine the first Replicator, the one that escaped from Merrick and Carter, would have replicated enough blocks to make itself into a queen and for a couple of minions. Then those minions would bring back the necessary materials to the queen for faster and more efficient replication -- it's no good if you have to get the raw materials and manufacture them into blocks, so taking the materials to the stationary queen would result in quicker replication.
    -- Brains12

Comment

Ok I have to agree wityh you two. But like what about the replicators that went into Merricks body, what did they become? Because I am sure they were more than like a worker or somthing.

Comment

Perhaps a queen facilitates greater communication and allows for the prioritizing of objectives amongst the "hive".

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
          I just watched AOT a second time. And the scenes with the replicators caught my attention this time. The first thing the little buggers did was to build a Queen. So, if the metal spiders had everything they needed to construct a Queen, what purpose did the Queen serve?

~Dave
          Coordinate the Drones.
          Build new ones (spiders) It needs to be stationary near a power juncture.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

But if the spiders have everything they need to create a Queen, then why do they need the Queen at all? Wouldn't you think the Queen would come first and create the spiders?

~Dave

Comment

But if the spiders have everything they need to create a Queen, then why do they need the Queen at all? Wouldn't you think the Queen would come first and create the spiders?

~Dave
              Maybe the queen can make blocks much quicker than normal replicators can.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Maybe the queen can make blocks much quicker than normal replicators can.
                Indeed. I would wager that the big, glowy ball in the center is dedicated replicator block foundry.

While individual replicators can obviously create more blocks and therefore more replicators, the Queen seems to serve as a dedicated factory with no real purpose other than churning out little baby replicators. I highly doubt it imparts any command or control boost to the rest of the horde, since the only thing we've seen with any higher functions than regular spiders have been the human-forms.
                Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                - Serenity

Comment

So mechanical spiders have a sense of time, and are in a hurry? I have trouble with that concept.

~Dave

Comment

So mechanical spiders have a sense of time, and are in a hurry? I have trouble with that concept.

~Dave
                    Not really a sense of time, but more along the line of they were programmed to cannibalize the ship as quickly as possible. They adapt using whatever resources are available, in the case of the Odyssey they also already knew everything about the ship schematics and they'd also have access to any information about how the crew would adapt as well and they used that against them.

(sorry if this doesn't make much sense, i'm still on my first cup of coffee.)
                    My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
                    A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

Well then, I guess I have a difference of opinion with the reasoning of the replicators. LOL! With limited resources, it would seem a waste to commit so much of the materials to construct a Queen, when all that could go into more spiders, who actually do the work.

~Dave

Comment

like has been said before the queen is a factory, purley made to make other "spiders" more quickly and efficiantly, but i think the queen has secondary uses like:
                        1)Base of operations (somewhere to fall back to)
                        2)diffrent types of replicators (scout, Grunt, the ones controll people)
                        3)and because there always has to be order among caose
                        sigpic

Comment

Well then, I guess I have a difference of opinion with the reasoning of the replicators. LOL! With limited resources, it would seem a waste to commit so much of the materials to construct a Queen, when all that could go into more spiders, who actually do the work.

~Dave
                          Maybe the queen can make them more efficiently, using less energy than the others then.

Comment

Working...
                          X