This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genii Storys

Has it been confirmed if there are any Genii storylines??

Im asking cause i was watching Trio late last night and this part got stuck in my head..

SHEPPARD: Twenty years ago, the Genii kind of took over the planet and employed ‘em all as miners.

CARTER: Mining what?

McKAY: Haven't a clue, but whatever it was, they cleaned out the deposits and left.

Since theyre in a new galaxy i was kind of hoping for some new Element to be found, possibly what the Olesians found.. the cold fussion and no radiation chemical. Just a speculation.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts? Let's start here:

1. Shouldn't spoiler tags be used for anything S4 related, still? I for one haven't seen Trio yet as I'm from Europe.

2. How do we build the plural form of a word ending on '-y'? You take away the '-y', and you replace it with '-ies'. Could have avoided that fart in the title...

And I can't say nothing for the other things, as again, I haven't seen the ep yet.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

It's probably something boring, like uranium for there bombs.
      Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Maybe it's something that will get them all killed.

I wish it , though, so it won't happen. Unfortunately.

Comment

JM said in his blog there were likely some Genii appearing in s5.
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
            It's probably something boring, like uranium for there bombs.
            Thats what i think it was. either that or plutonium or another radioactive mineral.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
              JM said in his blog there were likely some Genii appearing in s5.
              PG15 writes:Will the Genii appear this season?

Answer: Likely
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-for-insomnia/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I always liked the Genii. I think and I wish more stories would have dealt with them. I always viewed them as unpredictable – especially since Ladon took over as leader.

While I agree with those that said the Genii were likely mining material for their nuclear bombs, I also think the writers have dropped hints along the way that there might be something more going on with the Genii.

1. From Coup D’etat (S-2): Ladon told Sheppard: “Well, if you're referring to the Ancient gene, I'm working on a treatment that can artificially produce it. In fact, we've been collecting samples for some time.”

2. From The Return 1 (S-3):

Spoiler:
                ATHOSIAN SETTLEMENT. Teyla and Ronon are sitting in a tent with Ladon Radim of the Genii.

LADON: I knew you would never come to me so I thought I would come to you. Our relationship has been ... strained, but we need to put all that behind us now.

DEX: We do?

LADON: Well, your friends have all returned home and you’ve been asked to leave Atlantis. So the question is: what will you do next?

TEYLA: We are helping my people rebuild this settlement.

LADON: Yes, but the settlement seems finished. (He looks at Ronon.) Besides, is carpentry and clearing brush really the best use of your skills?

TEYLA: Get to the point.

LADON: Come work with me.

(Ronon snorts quietly and sits back.)

LADON: I understand your reluctance. In the past, the Genii have hardly been the shining beacon of hope in the galaxy.

DEX: “In the past”?!

LADON: We are growing stronger every day, and we have a number of operations planned that could seriously cripple the Wraith.

TEYLA: What do you have in mind?

LADON: Well, I am of course reluctant to go into specific details here ... (Teyla and Ronon exchange a glance) ... but suffice it to say the plans are dangerous and in need of your unique abilities.

I always thought these exchanges held hints of what the Genii might be involved with and could potentially be developed into interesting storylines. Ladon was their head scientist. Who knows what they could be up to? Are they friend or foe? Ally or antagonist? Do they work for the betterment of the Pegasus Galaxy or are they looking more at dominating? It will be interesting to see what TPTB have planned for them in season 5.

Comment

I want Kolya to come back. He was killed off way too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post
                    Has it been confirmed if there are any Genii storylines??

Im asking cause i was watching Trio late last night and this part got stuck in my head..

SHEPPARD: Twenty years ago, the Genii kind of took over the planet and employed ‘em all as miners.

CARTER: Mining what?

McKAY: Haven't a clue, but whatever it was, they cleaned out the deposits and left.

Since theyre in a new galaxy i was kind of hoping for some new Element to be found, possibly what the Olesians found.. the cold fussion and no radiation chemical. Just a speculation.

Any thoughts?
                    I was hoping to see some kind of new element being discovered in SGA. We don't know about.

The only way the Genni can be a threat to the expedition is if they join sides with Michael.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      My thoughts? Let's start here:

1. Shouldn't spoiler tags be used for anything S4 related, still? I for one haven't seen Trio yet as I'm from Europe.

2. How do we build the plural form of a word ending on '-y'? You take away the '-y', and you replace it with '-ies'. Could have avoided that fart in the title...

And I can't say nothing for the other things, as again, I haven't seen the ep yet.
                      Then dont comment on the thread....

Comment

The Genii will feature in 'Inquisition'.

Comment

Source?
                          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

http://chocolate84.livejournal.com/69951.html

Comment

Hm, interesting Let's hope the Genii will actually appear in the ep as well.
                              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                              X