Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading the SGA Books: Start with Rising?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading the SGA Books: Start with Rising?

Hey everyone, I just found out that this show also has novels to go along with the series and I'm really stoked. I used to read Star Wars novels all the time back in the day and they were so awesome. Anyway, I was wondering if I should start with the 1st book 'Rising,' or skip ahead to the 2nd volume since the 1st is based on the pilot episode of the series. Will I just be re-reading information that I already saw in the episode? Is it worth it to start off with this one?

Thanks!
    Lt. Colonel John Sheppard: This might come as a surprise to you but I'm not really in the mood for conversation. So why don't you just do me a favour, and SHUT THE HELL UP!

Just in case you're wondering, none of the novels are considered 'canon'.

Comment

What is canon?
      Lt. Colonel John Sheppard: This might come as a surprise to you but I'm not really in the mood for conversation. So why don't you just do me a favour, and SHUT THE HELL UP!

Comment

What I mean is that none of the stories in the novels actually happened as far as the series is concerned. They're a separate continuity if you know what I mean.

Comment

He should. He's an SW fan. He should know what EU is. If you're just interested in new stories, then go from the 2nd novel.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think I'll start with the 2nd then the 1st.

Comment

Working...
            X