This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the wraith live in hive ships

and have queen for each ship. Will the queen have any special powers like the system lords do. Does any1 know any name of any queens

So far no wraith queen has appeared in any episode so we don't know what she looks like or what her powers are and no names either.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

i kind of like the enemies without names because it kind of makes them more mysterious. then again, when youre talking to someone about a certain queen, you dont know what to call them.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

queen 1 from so so

queen 2 from so so
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

While the unknown nature of the wraith make them seem quite menacing and powerful, I think eventually we'll need some names and faces to associate with the enemy, but it's probably just my thought.

Spoilers, Underground & The Storm

Spoiler:
          Unless of course, they intend to use the Genii as that type of enemy for SG-A.

Comment

Maybe they will have a queen Wraith which controls the rest, maybe indestructable, but I think that will be too usual and expected. It wont be a very good story line if there is a queen Wraith

Comment

As far as I know there is wraith queen but so far she has not apeared on Atlantis I we will learn more about her in season 2.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Does anybody know what she will look like. Will she look like any of the other Wraith or different?

Comment

We simply don’t know no info is available on her yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    So far no wraith queen has appeared in any episode so we don't know what she looks like or what her powers are and no names either.
                    It does not seem to unreasonable to assume that the Wraith queens are the only ones capable of Wraith reproduction. Such a system would make the use of the terms hive, and queen consistent with english usage. If there is a single queen to each ship, I find it remarkable that the various wraith ships seem to be so cooperative and at peace with one another. The nature impulse would be for one queen to seek dominance over another, to establish their own genetic lines.

Obviously seek intra-wraith conflict would be detrimental to their efforts to remain dominate over the humans, and the extra feeding that would be necessary to expanded their hives would quickly decimate the human population.

Perhaps that is what happened to the Pegasus galaxy. The wraith having gained space travel quickly expanded and grew by preying upon other races that were already established in the Pegasus galaxy. However, their desires to domiate the other Wraith eventually, and not necessarily very quickly, destroyed both most of the wraith, and all of their prey. Eventually the last remnants of the wraith (probably all descendants of a single queen, or even a single ship) decided to sleep until there was once again prey, and made the conscious decision not to repeat the destructive behaviour of their foray through the galaxy. That when they awakened they were presented both a rich feeding ground and a formidable enemy, probably served to force them to maintain their unity as they expanded once again.

Comment

Do the Wraith have a home world or is their existence solely onboard their ships? What is their heirarcy? There would have to be a ship "queen" or "Captain" of some sort and are they loyal to that captain only? Do Hive captains get ticked off with each other (as the System Lords do)? Would Steve have been welcome on a ship other than his own? Are ships considered "individual" or are they tied together somehow as the Borg were?

Sure wish TPTB would give up some info.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                        It does not seem to unreasonable to assume that the Wraith queens are the only ones capable of Wraith reproduction. Such a system would make the use of the terms hive, and queen consistent with english usage. If there is a single queen to each ship, I find it remarkable that the various wraith ships seem to be so cooperative and at peace with one another. The nature impulse would be for one queen to seek dominance over another, to establish their own genetic lines....................
                        This is all speculation not that there is any thing wrong with that I just think we should go facts. As to some points you raised each hive ship has its own feeding ground mentioned in recent episode “Poisoning the well” which means they don’t fight amongst them self’s over food and power. There seems to be a good structure of command with each wraith knowing what its responsibility is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                          This is all speculation not that there is any thing wrong with that I just think we should go facts. As to some points you raised each hive ship has its own feeding ground mentioned in recent episode “Poisoning the well” which means they don’t fight amongst them self’s over food and power. There seems to be a good structure of command with each wraith knowing what its responsibility is.
                          My previous post was just a bunch a speculation. I guess I left out the questions that prompted my speculation.

What is the political structure of the Wraith? It is some monolithic hierarchy, or are the individual hive ships more or less autonomous?

How did this structure come into being? If the ships are pretty much independent, including feeding grounds, how do they mantain the peace between them?

In response to these questions, I proposed that the current wraith are the remainder of those wraith that survived a previous intra-wraith war in the pegasus galaxy and the destruction of their original food. Being confronted by the Ancients as they awoke from their sleep, probably only served to reenforce the lesson that they could not fight one another.

Another explanation is that the Ancients only awoke the Wraith metaphorically. Perhaps the Wraith did not posess interstellar travel before they were contacted by the Ancients. The Wraith acquired interstellar travel from the Ancients, and thus the Ancients awoke the Wraith threat upon the galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                          X