This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth?

I was just watching the teaser trailer for "Stargate: Continuum" and I have a question. Excuse me if this might have been covered before, but I have just joined the forum the other day.

My question: Is the Earth destroyed in the alternate timeline where SG-1 finds themselves after Baal changes the timeline?

There are scenes of the Goa'uld ships surrounding Earth (like ships did around Abydos in "Full Circle") and preparing to open fire. There is another scene later on with some ships floating through red space dust with what looks like the Moon on one side. There is also a picture of this on Gateworld's main page highlighting the section people need to click to watch the trailer.

So I propose the question again, do people think the Earth is destroyed in the alternate timeline?

I think the planet with the red nebula behind it is probably the...

Spoiler:
    Tok'Ra homeworld.

Comment

I would agree with Jenks if anything. I have my doubts that Earth will be destroyed. If Earth is destroyed, how would SG-1 correct the timeline?
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

It's not our Earth though.

Comment

Indeed. From the looks of it Alt-earth gets annihilated by an enormous fleet of Ha'taks.
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I agree that can´t be earth.......or is it
            sigpic

Comment

Well it looks like it's Earth, but not 'our' Earth. Instead an alternate timeline-Earth gets destroyed.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Could it be one of those last-minute things?

The ships are in orbit, everyone knows they are going to get it, SG-1 makes to the Stargate, activates it and goes through at the last possible second as the killing blast is delivered and the Earth is destroyed.

FADE TO BLACK

Then we see the team come out somewhere in the past where they are able to make sure the stargate gets to where it needs to go so all is put right.

They wait for the required solar flares, activate the gate and go home.

Everyone lives happily ever after.

Comment

I get the impression that the AU Earth gets ****ed. You can see the Ha'Tak fire raining down behind the F-15's that SG-1 are in in the trailer.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much.

But really, who wouldn't want to see some major damage inflicted on Earth after all this time?

Comment

As President Hayes has been known to say, "Not gonna happen".
                      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I don't think it is likely to get destroyed. Its more likely that Ba'al wants to take it over.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                        X