Ori Ships (Spoilers from AoT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Ships (Spoilers from AoT)

Ok so i was just in another thread talking about the threats that we might have in the MW galaxy and it just got me thinking about all the ships left behind by the Ori. So lets think about this for a minute we saw that they had at least 10 ships (AoT) and the Pri's still have those cool half ascended powers so what if they decided to attack us.

Surely thats a huge threat for earth because that means that they could take over our whole galaxy if the new leader of the Ori army wasn't an honourable man.

Now you can assume that SG1 destroyed the ships and stuff but i doubt that...and even if they did they could still build more.

And i think we could have at least taken a couple i think we earnt them...The jaffa espically did.

What do you think???
    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Hello,

The very first time I saw an Ori ship I was struck by its design. To me the ship looks like an upside down Star Wars clone trooper helmet. I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I was curious if anyone else had the same impression. In fact I can remember asking myself why the PTB used a clone helmet for a ship. Anyway that was irrelevant tangent for the day. Thanks.
    "Colonel listen to me. Speech is thought verbalized. Languages are codes. I'm a linguist. I'm a codebreaker. Don't you see? If I can do this I can read their minds."

Comment

lol im just glad someone finnaly wrote back to my thread...i thought it looked like a weird toilet sheat but i can see where ur coming from lol thats weird.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
        Ok so i was just in another thread talking about the threats that we might have in the MW galaxy and it just got me thinking about all the ships left behind by the Ori. So lets think about this for a minute we saw that they had at least 10 ships (AoT) and the Pri's still have those cool half ascended powers so what if they decided to attack us.

Surely thats a huge threat for earth because that means that they could take over our whole galaxy if the new leader of the Ori army wasn't an honourable man.

Now you can assume that SG1 destroyed the ships and stuff but i doubt that...and even if they did they could still build more.

And i think we could have at least taken a couple i think we earnt them...The jaffa espically did.

What do you think???
        I think they would have been horrified at finding out that they had been murdering thousands of innocent people in the name of false gods. A bit like what Tomin felt like when he was talking to Teal'c. I think finding out the truth in the way they did would make them want to live peacefully for the rest of their lives.

As for us keeping some of the ships, it would have been nice, but I'm guessing they all went home back through the supergate. We would have had to find a way to fly them anyway because they were keyed to the Prior's unique physiology. It would have been nice to be able to study their shields and powersource though.
        sigpic

Comment

For all we know the Altareans may have gave them one...even tho it is dought full.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
            I think they would have been horrified at finding out that they had been murdering thousands of innocent people in the name of false gods. A bit like what Tomin felt like when he was talking to Teal'c. I think finding out the truth in the way they did would make them want to live peacefully for the rest of their lives.

As for us keeping some of the ships, it would have been nice, but I'm guessing they all went home back through the supergate. We would have had to find a way to fly them anyway because they were keyed to the Prior's unique physiology. It would have been nice to be able to study their shields and powersource though.
            yeh it sure would have been nice to study them

sigpic

Comment

Imagine McKay's mouth watering at those ships.
              This time... it's war!

Comment

I'm glad that Earth didn't get to study the ships or get them for free because they 'deserve it'. Same concept of why the Jaffa don't give free Ha'taks to Earth really. Anyway, Earth has the entire sum of Asgard knowledge, seriously they don't need to get any more powerul and be given technology beyond their understanding or control.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I was under the impression that we could fly it. Season 10 episode 14 "THE SHROUD" Sam was taping into the ships mainframe to control it by computer verse chair. But Adria caught on quickly and stopped her. Could be wrong haven't seen that episode in forever! LOL

I do believe that it would make sense that the IOA would demand to have a ship in order to reverse-Engineer the tech.

Just my little old' opinion.

Nef.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                  X