Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity Trailer (spoilers but no biggies yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity Trailer (spoilers but no biggies yet)

Woohoo! I was at Starfury's "The White Room", an Angel convention where Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin and Summer Glau were. (As you can see the definition of "Angel" was rather elastic ) And I got to see the trailer for the new Firefly film and by golly I'm looking forward to that fim more than ever. It was short; it's probably best described as a proto-trailer, but it was terribly exciting.

River seemed to be in it a lot. At one point she was clinging to the celing, I'm not sure how. Inara got shot. Mal and Zoe opened a safe which turned out to have just a few coppers in it and Zoe said "Now we can give up this life of crime". The set of inside Serenity looks bigger than in the TV programme. River says, in a fearful voice, "Reavers!"

Not a huge spoiler but it regards the ending so I'm hiding it:
    Spoiler:
    None of the main cast die. But the fact that they've all signed up for any sequel that gets made ought to be a clue in that direction anyway

Nathan elaborated on the Reavers stuff. He said that the people made up as reavers were so gross that he couldn't happily eat his lunch at the same table as them. Summer was asked if she gets to shoot anyone else without looking, and she replied that she does get to kill a few people in "interesting ways".

All three of them said that they had been surprised by just how good the script was when they first got it - and they all knew Joss Whedon was a genius anyway

The con organiser said that Joss would like to do one of his cons but can't do any this coming year as his plate is way too full. Which is pretty great, really. I'm all for Joss being to busy with writing stuff to be jaunting about for cons

Madeleine

Regards to your spoilers:

YES! BOOYA!
    I cannot wait to see this movie, probably mor so than Star Wars. Just out of curiosity, is this trailer any different than the comic con one?

The set of inside Serenity looks bigger than in the TV programme

Yeah, they mentioned in some interview that the ship was a little bigger for filming, and that it made a huge difference
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

this is great....

can't wait for them to post something on the site.....

i don't con much so i never get the breaking news
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

They haven't updated their site in a while, but I think that they're planning on making a new one sometime soon. At least, that's what the word is on their boards.

Comment

Oh wow, thanks Madeleine! I can't wait for this movie either.

And I'm jealous - you got to see Nathan Fillion who is just a cutie. Ya'll have great cons.

Serenity - April 22, 2005.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
            is this trailer any different than the comic con one?
            We were told that the only place in the world that the trailer had been shown already was at the SF Comic Con, so I'd guess that means they were the same

I got a prop from the film ! Nathan had filched a few banknotes from the set, from a robbery that Mal and co did. He was giving them out to anyone who asked a decent question at the Q&A, and later on he and Morena and Summer signed it for me.

I have to say this bit, cos it's very true: STARFURY ARE TIP TOP CON ORGANISERS.

Madeleine

Comment

If it's the same trailer as the one from the Comic Con, then I've seen it and it looks great! Granted, it was on squinty vision and the picture was sort of dark and 'choppy' and it was way too short, but it still looked so amazing.

Serenity!

I just like writing that down. Pretty, pretty name.
              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                If it's the same trailer as the one from the Comic Con, then I've seen it and it looks great! Granted, it was on squinty vision and the picture was sort of dark and 'choppy' and it was way too short, but it still looked so amazing.

Serenity!

I just like writing that down. Pretty, pretty name.

Yeah, I had it e-mailed to me. Pity it was so dark... Love the name.

Comment

sounds cool! I really hope the movie will do well enough so that the series is continued
                  "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

I have a Serenity post card on my frig and am marking the days off till the movie comes out.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I so, so want to see this.

Thanks for the news

Comment

Working...
                      X