Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fanfic idea, just wanted some input from all you intelligent people out there!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fanfic idea, just wanted some input from all you intelligent people out there!

In light of stargate atlantis and season eight, i've decided to tweak the story line for my fanfic...

Its gonna go like this ... 10 thousand years ago the ancients came back from atlantis to find RA and the goa'uld enslaving humanity. Because the earth Zpm was depleted they are unable to fight off the Goa'uld so a group of these ancients relocate as many people to another world as possible. They hang around for another 1000 years teaching these people and sharing some of their knowlege. Then they all ascend, but before ascending they build a satelite network to protect this solar system, and tell the people never to venture, or look beyond their own solar system.

Over nine thousand years this has remained law, and even though these people are now much more powerful than both the goa'uld and the Asgard, they still remain secluded. To ensure the teachings were followed to the letter they even enveloped their star system in a subspace bubble, protecting it from the rest of the galaxy. Its the present, and these people are curious about what lies beyond the stars, so they return to the planet where the Ancients school once stood and unearth the ruins. They find the stargate, and a holographic recording left by the last of the ancients. In the recording the ancients tell them of their homeworld and how the goa'uld enslaved them, and how it was the Ancients hope that one day, their pupils would return to Earth and take it back from the goa'uld. This teares a rift in the governing body, and in order to prevent a civial war a government angency is established. One of the laws that this angency is bound to, is that no human is allowed to leave the protection of the subspace bubble, and because of this they can only send out probes and quantum droids. This race has mastered quantum physics and have the ability to manipulate quantum waveforms. This allows them to travel anywhere instantly. Quantum droids are matter that have been entangled with a person (creating a quantum double) because both are joined through quantum entanglement, they experience everything together. The droids are allowed to leave the subspace bubble, while the original is placed in a vr simulator so as not to break the entanglement. The angency has also sent probes throughout the galaxy, creating a detailed map of everything happening (which was forbidden under law). The stargate is activated to investigate 3 human life signs on a nearby planet (that will be sg1). During their encounter Sg1 is attacked by Baal's forces. the traveler comes to the rescue casting a shield over sg1. They are cut off from the stargate, but the traveler reveals a device capable of emulating a stargate without the stargate. They return to Earth.

This will introudce a potential ally to Earth, however the travelers government are not so ready to engage in a war. Religous factions begin over throwing the government and all hell breaks loose. The traveler is forced to shut down his quantum droid (which turns into a pile of its constituant atoms) and as war ravages through his solar system, the traveler decides to take matters into his own hands. He steals a ship and uses it to try and destroy the quantum shield generator(the device that stops them from doing a q-jump out of their solar system). in the fight his ships is serverly damaged (and so hes unable to destroy the generator) so he jumps to a prototype vessel his people have been testing, and uses it Pierce the subspace bubble. Once outside both the subspace bubble and qshield, he takes the ship back to earth.

I figured after that after that he'd become part of sg1 and try to save the galaxy deal. Figured he could also give the Asgard a technology that forces all the replicator blocks into one room (through quantum displacement) and then neutralizing them with the block buster Oniel built.

Okay, i changed the way SG1 meets this new race....
    The people of this solar system have built the subspace device to seperate them from the rest of the galaxy but havent deployed it yet. They still rely on the ancients defense satilites to protect them. The quantum shield is up though.
    Now the ancient will warn them only of the goa'uld and what the goa'uld did to their homeworld. The ancient will not give them stargate addresses, so when the new sg program begins they start randomly searching for combinations. The first world they visit will have the ruins of an ancient city, They send in their quantum droids to scout the site and send in a probe. After a couple hours of studying the ruins a Goa'uld mothership enters orbit and Jaffa transport to the surface. The qdroids dont have any shielding because they are just droids, and the jaffa execute them (they splatter into composit elements when they are shot because the entanglment is broken before any harm can come to them). The probe recognizes its in danger and because of the quantum shield it cannot simply jump back to its solar system, so the probe activates the stargate. Then Baal's jaffa attempt to stop it but they cant penetrate the shield before it enters the event horizion and the stargate deactivates, they do however manage to write down the stargate address.

Baal uses the gate address to determine where the planet is and sends a fleet of 7 ancinet enhanced ha'taks to check it out. The ha'taks encounter the defense satilites but their shields protect them. Seeing this, the people of that solar system engage their subspace field generator and push the solar system into subspace. The religious portion of the government use this oportunity to take control of the SG program and effectivly shut it down.

Ulana disagrees with the move but has little influence left after the attack. She decides to steal a prototype subspace vessel and uses it to tunnel through the subspace field protecting the solar system. As she exits subspace, baal's ha'taks detect her before she can activate her stealth mode and heavily damage the ship. She manages to engage stealth mode and escape to the nearest gated planet. However her ship has taken major damage and crash lands on the planet near the gate. During the crash a huge steak went straight through her brain, which should have killed her instantly. Her peoples medical technology, however, saved her life (each of them have advanced versions of nanites in their bloodstream that keep them young and healthy). The nanites manage to revive her body just as SG1 arrive on the planet. They find her in the crashed ship, with a steak through her brain but apparently still alive. Because of how advanced they note the technology to be, they bring her back to the SGC. The doctor removes the steak to find that the nanites have regenerated her entire brain. The nanites cannot restore memory so even though she is alive a huge portion of her memory was erased by the steak.

How does that sound for the lead up to the meeting with SG1? any comments and suggestions are welcome
    inputs and ideas very much appriciated.
    for gaters.net
    HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO COME BACK WHEN MY IP ADDRESS IS BLOCKED?

(Well, not much of intelligence here, but I'll give it a shot... )

That sounds quite cool. I'd read it.

I'd say write it, see how it turns out, and get it beta-read.

Sounds like a cool idea and you have it all planned out.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I'd read it too. It sounds perfectly plausible, I can see the Ancients actually doing that, so, go for it!
      Rocky

Comment

sounds really good. i hope you can start making the actual story, so we can read it. i really want to hear more about this weird race. good luck!
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

thx guys, i'll get to work on it.....
          for gaters.net
          HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO COME BACK WHEN MY IP ADDRESS IS BLOCKED?

Comment

Working...
          X