This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurassic Park

What's your favourite Jurassic Park movie? Are you looking forward to Jurassic Park 4?

I think my favourite would be The Lost World, but the first one is also pretty awesome. Jurassic Park 3 is pretty stupid.

I can never remember which Jurassic Park is which. But it's the one with the two kids, and theres a scene when they are in some lab and there are raptors around, think it's #1 or #2.

Comment

I think you're talking about the first movie. Theres raptors in the lab in pretty much all of them though.

Comment

I love the 1st one. The Second one doesn't have the newness to it that the 1st one had. The 1st one had wonder and amazement so i think that was what lacked in the second one, but they were both Spielberg so I love them! The third one was good because it had Alan Grant back in it, and like you had never seen him before.

I love the music in JP, in fact, will go listen to my John Williams collection now you've got me in the mood for some JP!

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
          I love the 1st one. The Second one doesn't have the newness to it that the 1st one had. The 1st one had wonder and amazement so i think that was what lacked in the second one, but they were both Spielberg so I love them! The third one was good because it had Alan Grant back in it, and like you had never seen him before.

I love the music in JP, in fact, will go listen to my John Williams collection now you've got me in the mood for some JP!
          The first one hands down! JP is quite possible my all time favorite movie! the second one wasnt as good as the first one but was still awesome and held to the book decently enough. the third one, dear buddha was that aweful! i was so disappointed with it! the only good thing about the movie was Sam Neil(sp?) but even that wasnt enough to save that horrible movie. as far as the fourth one i dont know, i havnt heard and plot details or cast info yet so i dont know, does anyone know anything about it yet?

Comment

Jurassic PArk rules, I'm a member of a JP board too.

Regarding this films, JP1 was most definitly the best, butTLW and JP3 were major let downs. Not only did they almost completely destroy the work of Chrichton and his novels, but JP3 makes no sense what so ever, does away with plot and is now a pocorn flik rather than a wonderful sci fi epic that JP1 was.

The movies are definitely inferior to the books, which I suggest everyone reads, they are superb!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I loved the first one, I remember going to see it when I was 7, and it sparked off a love for dinosaurs during my childhood

And I remember very little of JP3, except I'm pretty sure a lot of things in it didn't make sense.

And I had no idea they were making a 4th movie...

Comment

I loved the first movie. It was awe-inspiring and I got goosebumps the first time they saw the dinosaurs. The second one was o.k. up until the end. I don't seem to remember a dinosaur rampaging through a city in the book, but whatever. I didn't particulary enjoy the third one at all. The blush was off that rose.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

i don't...the first movie was spectacular...the sequals are just of lesser quality. they really can't top the original..the "classic" (though it really isn't that old...)
                  My flickr photography.

Comment

The original definatly. Loved it, loved the original book. It had wonder and excitment, plus what a creative idea.
                    JP2 was pretty good, although I was a little dissapointed that it veered away from the original book plot.
                    JP3 was a let-down. The graphics rocked, the story wasn't well thought out. IMHO they didn't have enough people to get eaten (I know, weird...). Everyone but the main characters were gone in like the first 20 minutes. It didn't seem to have much cooherity either. The buildings didn't match the ones in the first or second ones, but it was pretty cool to see the lab where it was made.

From what I've read JP4 is getting me excited.
                    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I remember watching Jurassic Park for the first time and what I saw was so enthralling that I never once remembered it was all just a fantasy film. The second time I saw it the suspension of disbelief was still so effective that whenever I *did* become aware that it wasn't real, it was to think "crumbs, the cameraman must have been nervous" rather than "crumbs, the SFX dinosaurs are realistic".

I liked the books. Very different sort of atmosphere to the film though.

I'm not especially looking forward to JP#4. 2 and 3 were nothing out of the ordinary whereas the first one was new and stunning, as well as being well-plotted.

Madeleine

Comment

Ian: God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs, God creates Man, Man destroys God, Man creates dinosaurs...

Elly: ...dinosaurs eat Man, Woman inherits the earth.

LOL!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          Ian: God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs, God creates Man, Man destroys God, Man creates dinosaurs...

Elly: ...dinosaurs eat Man, Woman inherits the earth.

LOL!
                          probably one of the best quotes found in any movie...
                          My flickr photography.

Comment

Hmm... I like both of the first two. I know a lot of people will say The Lost World was disappointing, had a weak plot, didn't follow the storyline of the novel etc., but it's good mindless fun. (And come on... The first one wasn't that deep, either.) I also like it for it's atmosphere, and the music... Plus, I always thought Jeff Goldblum was kinda cool and he has some great lines ("Need anything else?" - "Yeah, three cheeseburgers with everything!"). Oh, and I didn't think the book was that great so I don't mind the changes at all. Actually, it's almost a completely different story anyway.

JP3, though... Was mildly entertaining. Dr. Grant was back, which was good, as was Sattlers cameo. And it had some good, suspenseful individual scenes and cool dino visual effects. But overall, it felt like a let-down. Where was the climax? It felt like it was just beginning to really take off, and it just ended. It also had a significantly shorter running time than the previous two which further contributed to the feeling that it ended just when the climax would come.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

the thing i find most awesome about the first one is that the SFX are still awesome by today standards. the dino's look real still!

Comment

Working...
                              X