Could Earth have won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Earth have won?

A thought occured to me: Could Earth have won against the invading Ori motherships if SG 1 failed to get the Arc of Truth?

You can come up with Strategies on how you would have defended Earth from the Ori invasion or simply yes or no.

I think Earth would have won against the invasion force with little problems.

1. They let the invasion force get close to Earth. I mean within a few thousand miles. The 304's are hiding in the dark side of the moon.
    2. They activate Arthur's Mantle interfaced with SGC ZPM to hide Earth.
    3. They flood space with anti-prior energies. If the Prior's cannot use their powers they cannot fly their ships hence they can't fight. Send the 2 304's to wipe them out and demand their unconditional surrender.
    4. After the battle you blow up the Ori supergate.

Your thoughts please?
    Stargate Revival Please!

No way. Without SG-1 and their combined character shields, earth wouldn't stand a chance.

I like the idea of powering Merlin's phase shift device with the ZPM which was sent to Antarctica, though. It would only be a temporary tactic, though, and the SGC would need to find a more permanent way to deal with the Ori before the ZPM ran out of power.

As for using the anti-Prior device, though... doesn't that use ultrasonic frequencies, though? Since space has no air (or other medium through which to transmit sound), I don't think it would work.
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I think it would have been pretty easy. The Apollo and the Odyssey would have been able to hold the ships off long enough to ring aboard as many troops as possible with those anti prior devices, with enough of them aboard they'd have been able to take over the ships eventually.

Comment

Or go ahead with the Replicator plot, infect the Ori Galaxy with a plague of Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I think it would have been pretty easy. The Apollo and the Odyssey would have been able to hold the ships off long enough to ring aboard as many troops as possible with those anti prior devices, with enough of them aboard they'd have been able to take over the ships eventually.
          is this a joke?

each Ori ships carries thousands of soldiers. And I'm sure the Ori/Adria were well aware of Earth's population, so they woudl have sent even more soldiers.

few Ori ships would target Antartic outpost and others would destroy our fleet of 304's. Then they could bombard few big cities only to get some attention and invasion could begin.
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            is this a joke?

each Ori ships carries thousands of soldiers. And I'm sure the Ori/Adria were well aware of Earth's population, so they woudl have sent even more soldiers.

few Ori ships would target Antartic outpost and others would destroy our fleet of 304's. Then they could bombard few big cities only to get some attention and invasion could begin.
            Earth has millions of soldiers.

Comment

At that point in time, neither the Daedalus nor the Apollo had the Asgard weapons installed, so they'll be useless, offensive wise.

Since we don't have the infrastructure of the alternate world in The Road Not Taken, both the drone platform in Anarctica and Merlin's phase cloak would need the ZPM to function, meaning we can only use one of them. Take your pick.

Comment

Didn't Colonel Ellis say during the movie that they couldn't have stopped all the Ori ships?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                  Didn't Colonel Ellis say during the movie that they couldn't have stopped all the Ori ships?
                  He said the Ancient weapons platform in Antarctica was incapable of destroying 7 Ori ships.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Earth has millions of soldiers.
                    You talked about boarding the Ori ships with our soldiers. That's why I mentioned numbers of the Ori soldiers aboard each ship.

but ground invasion would be a big problem for the Ori.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

We would lose -- badly.

1. Earth has no Asgard weaponry available to it in this scenario, as the Odyssey would either be destroyed or under Ori control.

2. The anti-Prior device works with soundwaves on a relatively small area. It would be impossible to disable the Priors without beaming a device aboard one of their ships, which we know is also impossible. That aside, there is no evidence suggesting a Prior needs to have his abilities active to control the ship (all that was said was that the control chair recognizes that it must be a Prior flying, so it's probably more like an Ancient control chair; thoughts make it work).

3. The Apollo is, as far as I'm aware, the only ship Earth has at its defense. It would be knocked out in two hits just like any other pre-"Unending" DSC-304, and the orbital battle would be quick and easy for the Ori.

4. Phase-shifting Earth would be useless, as it would just waste all our power, cut us off from the stargate network and the galaxy at large, and in the long run would end with us being blown apart anyway.

5. The Ori could easily destroy every major city and strategic base from orbit with little cost to themselves.

6. With the exception of the sole 304 in orbit, Earth has no tangible way to transport soldiers into space. Therefore, the Apollo's destruction would mark the end of humantiy's ability to effectively resist invasion.

7. Lastly, the Antarctic outpost (if the ZPM stays there) cannot fight off a fleet of Ori ships that large and their accompanying fighters. We know from "TRNT" that the outpost as is can barely fend off one mothership, so half a dozen would easily be enough to either absorb the barrage of drones of outmaneuver them and destroy the weapons platform.

Thank you for reading
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Earth would have been pwned if they wouldn't have found the arc...Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          1. Earth has no Asgard weaponry available to it in this scenario, as the Odyssey would either be destroyed or under Ori control.
                          I thought we had those weapons on the Apollo already.

2. The anti-Prior device works with soundwaves on a relatively small area. It would be impossible to disable the Priors without beaming a device aboard one of their ships, which we know is also impossible. That aside, there is no evidence suggesting a Prior needs to have his abilities active to control the ship (all that was said was that the control chair recognizes that it must be a Prior flying, so it's probably more like an Ancient control chair; thoughts make it work).
                          THis seems to be the consensus when I suggested it I thought it worked the way Wraith jammers do. I guess I was mistaken.

3. The Apollo is, as far as I'm aware, the only ship Earth has at its defense. It would be knocked out in two hits just like any other pre-"Unending" DSC-304, and the orbital battle would be quick and easy for the Ori.
                          Well the Oddysey's shields survived numerous hits but that maybe due to the ZPM aboard

When all else fails we could still let loose the replicators on the Ori fleet.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

The only weapon that we could deploy against the Orii fleet, and be successfull (once the shields have been breached) is the Replicators.

Just my opinion.
                            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Without SG-1 finding and using the Ark, Earth would have been in big trouble.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X