Wraith beaming beam tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith beaming beam tech

Ive been thinking of so many ways of how to use the wraiths beaming arrays and buffer technology to help in real world and stargate universe. So i want other people to think of how the tech could be used either in strange bizarr ways or perfectly reasonable ones.

Wraith beam Fridge (Might contain traces of human)
    Wraith vacuum cleaner (Might make your dog disapear)
    Wraith toilet (what goes hopefully won't go out)
    Can play 'Got your nose' legitimatly.
    No need for land fill sites anymore just beam rubish into a tiny buffer.

Come on think people!!!!!!!!!
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

If you want, you can use it for stasis, storing them as energy signatures.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
    Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
    The Chevron Team
    Spoiler:
    Never make everything Organic!
    Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
    :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
    :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
    :The drones are heading towards us.
    :Those drones look familiar...
    : SQUID?!?
    We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

For shipping of goods across the country and around the world

You can order grociers and other item on the Internet. The company sends you a buffer unit with all your good in their. Plug the buffer into your beaming unit then unbeam your stuff.

Comment

Corn! If it can be modified or particular things, harvest. (Vegetables, not people.)
        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Asgard beams SO > wraith beams >.>

Go Green

Comment

A virtually inexhaustible magazine capacity for railgun rounds & missiles.

You can missile spam rinse and repeat with Mark VIII’s…according to Col. Caldwell it only takes one Mark VIII’s to take out a hive in “The Siege Prt.3”.

In “The Last Man” we see some missiles of a lesser yield then the Mark III’s we see in “No Mans Land” get through to hives utilizing some ‘crazy Ivan’ jinking & lurching to avoid intercept, & they also appeared to have some glowy corona/aura around them which I would guess was some kind of plasma shield to enhance their survivability.

If they incorporate these improvements into Mark VIII’s then storage of massive numbers of them in Wraith buffer for missile spam(s) would prove quite effective.

While the Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons are great capitol ship killers in their own right…clearly a capitol ship killer in the form of a fire and forget weapon is called for…Just watch Michaels more maneuverable cruiser foiling a 304’s attempts at getting a decent firing solution to get a feeling for what I’m saying here. Of course there were extenuating circumstances in that engagement chiefly their desire to cripple the cruiser & not destroy it, but there was a considerable amount of time before Shep called on them to cripple & not destroy, so one has to wonder why they couldn’t get a firing solution for the one punch Nelson before they got the communiqué from Shep. Just food for thought…you do the dishes.
            Last edited by Argosy; 12 May 2008, 12:17 PM.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
            *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
            DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

One of the best easily forseen uses for it is as a storage medium. You could culling beam an entire building or several buildings filled with tools and machinery into a vehicle of some sort, send it through a stargate, and instantly have a fully functional base on the other side.

Bottemless ammo magazines have also been mentioned but far greater abuses of the tech are possible. For one you could use it to "dupe" items in real life.

Baically scan in something, say a rifle. The beam scans it in and turns it into energy which it stores, then it puts it back together again into matter when you want it back.

Here's the key difference though. Rather than wipe that scanned in information telling the culling beam how to reassemble the rifle into matter just save it. Then provide enough energy to make another rifle with naquada generators, ZPMs or whatever and boom, you have two rifles, then three, then four then... You get the idea. The only resource you need is raw energy.

Works for everything from humans for food to complete and fully operational starships, even starships with crews if you see nothing wrong with duping people (or wraith drones which are clones anyway).

If you had a big enough culling beam orbiting a large star and feeding off its power directly you could poof entire fleets of hiveships into existence from a single pattern, possibly in hours or minutes per ship. You could even poof them in with crews of those drones already on them. Given enough time you could even concievably create entire planets, designed the way you wanted them then poofed into existence by the assembly tech.

All you need for duplication is one example of the thing you want to duplicate, a "save" button for the assembly information and enough power to create another one, but things don't even need to stop there. You could use it to create things that would be completely impossible otherwise. Ships with entirely solid hulls yet still having internal space. You might even be able to do really freaky things like create your own sub atomic particles with tailor made properties that can't even be imagined by normal physics. You'd be able to create ridiculous amounts of anti matter at the very least.

Culling beam tech should be so much more ridiculously overpowered than the show reflects.

Comment

I'm sure that if the wraith could use the culling beam to clone their troops, they would, as it'd be a whole lot easier than that whole cloning debarcle we saw in Spoils of War.

We also haven't seen any evidence that the culler can beam up ordinary stuff, have we? Although I suppose a person is a lot more complicated to store than a cardboard box, so there's no reason it couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jonty-comp View Post
                  I'm sure that if the wraith could use the culling beam to clone their troops, they would, as it'd be a whole lot easier than that whole cloning debarcle we saw in Spoils of War.

We also haven't seen any evidence that the culler can beam up ordinary stuff, have we? Although I suppose a person is a lot more complicated to store than a cardboard box, so there's no reason it couldn't.
                  Unfortunately, like many sci-fi civilizations, the Wraith are prevented from fully realizing the actual potential of their technology by the limited imaginations of the "beings" that created them.

Everything is already in place to allow them to do what I described. As far as beaming up ordinary stuff goes; they beam up and down cloths and guns just fine, along with radios and explosives or any other complex equipment an SG team member might be carrying.

Comment

Or (Stargate Universe) if you put one on a space gate in orbit around a planet, and re-materialize (beam down) the buffer directly into the event horizon, so it will appear directly in front of the event horizon of the other gate.
                    so you could send your fleet through the gate. Eliminating the need for supergates.
                    sigpic
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                      In “The Last Man” we see some missiles of a lesser yield then the Mark III’s we see in “No Mans Land” get through to hives utilizing some ‘crazy Ivan’ jinking & lurching to avoid intercept, & they also appeared to have some glowy corona/aura around them which I would guess was some kind of plasma shield to enhance their survivability.
                      Yeah, it was nice to see them put some jinking and jiving into the missiles. It seemed like for a while after "The Siege 3" they took the attitude of, "Damn, it didn't work the first time. Running our missiles in a straight, predictable line directly at the enemy is ineffective. Unfortunately, nothing at all could possibly be done to rectify this." So it was nice to see the military adapt their strategy.

But I thought the auras you were talking about were just the exhaust plumes from the rocket motors.

Comment

Working...
                      X