This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus gates can manually dial

in the ep when they try to use the "aliens in the mist" to power the gate to reach earth; Mckay removes the control crystal from the Atlantis dialing computer and takes it the other pegasus gate dhd to jury rig it to that DHD.

so the only way they could open the Atlantis stargate was by supplying enough power and manually dialing. they removed the control crystal; mckay took it with them and definitely weir did not have it with her when she gated to that world. also remember aris boch removed some crystal from a MW DHD and they were stuck; so all those crystals must be there for DHD operation

also, can anyone explain the black hole episode when the event horizon is dragged backward by the gravity? speculation why time dilation would occur in advance of the gravitational field?

-13 red points and counting!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind repeating that with more than three sentences?

Well, in case I understood.... Spoilers (highlight to read)
    If I understand what you're saying, you're talking about finding a plot hole in the episode "Home", right? You're wrong. McKay states that the crystal he gates over to install is an extra one that enables intergalactic travel. He also takes out the crystal when he goes back to Atlantis.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

The ZPM or whatever it's called?

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
      Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
      "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
      My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
        Mind repeating that with more than three sentences?

Well, in case I understood.... Spoilers (highlight to read)
        If I understand what you're saying, you're talking about finding a plot hole in the episode "Home", right? You're wrong. McKay states that the crystal he gates over to install is an extra one that enables intergalactic travel. He also takes out the crystal when he goes back to Atlantis.

I just watched that ep and I don't remember that line. quote me the exact dialogue.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Gothann is right, it was an extra control crystal that allows an eighth chevron to lock. If you recall, McKay said that there wouldn't be a slot in the off world DHD where they could just put it in. If it was the main control crystal, then just take out the old one and replace the new one.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
            Yeah, the ZPM is the power source, but the intergalactic control crystal is the only plug-and-play (with a bit of hotwiring) piece from the Atlantis DHD.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              Spoiler:
              Gothann is right, it was an extra control crystal that allows an eighth chevron to lock. If you recall, McKay said that there wouldn't be a slot in the off world DHD where they could just put it in. If it was the main control crystal, then just take out the old one and replace the new one.
              I never knew that. Cool.

My deviantART profile

Comment

The ZPM only provides extra power.
                Spoiler:
                If you connected a ZPM to a standard Pegasus gate, it still wouldn't be able to dial another galaxy
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  The ZPM only provides extra power.
                  Spoiler:
                  If you connected a ZPM to a standard Pegasus gate, it still wouldn't be able to dial another galaxy
                  Why can't it?

My deviantART profile

Comment

Why can't it?
                    Due to the reason I posted and you quoted, it needs a specific control crystal.
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

okay, you're right (maybe partially) mckay does say the Atlantis DHD does have an additional control crystal. but the crystal chip he pulls out might contain both chips together like the new dual core processors Intel and AMD developed. it's still possible they needed to manually dial.....

what about my other questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                        Due to the reason I posted and you quoted, it needs a specific control crystal.
                        Ok. Any idea where the crystals come from? Are they synthetically made?

My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                          okay, you're right (maybe partially) mckay does say the Atlantis DHD does have an additional control crystal. but the crystal chip he pulls out might contain both chips together like the new dual core processors Intel and AMD developed. it's still possible they needed to manually dial.....

what about my other questions?
                          TA, clearly it doesn't work that way.

The Ancients made 'em.
                          Rocky

Comment

Yes, they're synthetically made by the Ancients, mimicked by the Goa'uld and very hard to recreate without the necessary tools.

As for the Black Hole question, I'd rather ask in the SG-1 section, the people posting there should have an answer as to why those two things happened.
                            Enter my game site...

Comment

Well if the ancients made the control crystals, who made the ZPM's. If the ancients made the ZPM's, why are there not enough, cuz surely the ancients just cud of made loads, so that they did not run out and surely they told the asgards or someone so that they cud make sum.

Comment

Working...
                              X