This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping the wardrobe changes the clothes

Although I realize the SGAers are probably limited somewhat about clothing surely their wardrobe consists on more than one or two outfits which I'm hoping we see eventually ..
    Do I think Shepherd looks incredible in his Uniform and his black shirt ? Yes but after awhile he needs to start wearing other clothes :-)
    Teyla needs a better wardrobe too since how many times can she wear the same top and IMO she looks great and can pull off the mid=driff look but I'd enjoy seeing other styles and other colors ..
    Am I asking the impossible ?

Pam

Originally posted by SHEPHERDHOLIC
    Although I realize the SGAers are probably limited somewhat about clothing surely their wardrobe consists on more than one or two outfits which I'm hoping we see eventually ..
    Do I think Shepherd looks incredible in his Uniform and his black shirt ? Yes but after awhile he needs to start wearing other clothes :-)
    Teyla needs a better wardrobe too since how many times can she wear the same top and IMO she looks great and can pull off the mid=driff look but I'd enjoy seeing other styles and other colors ..

Pam
    well they have shown them in off duty cloths, but anytime they are on duty or on a missin they are going to be wearing their uniforms. SG-1 has been wearing the same offworld uniform for 8 years now (with a few exceptions like when they wear dessert camo or something) teyla and her people probably had a limited wardrobe because as hunter gatherers they probably didnt waste a lot of time trying to look stylish. you wear something till it wears out and then you make a new one

Comment

I love and have always loved the new Atlantis uniforms! I hope they never change! Does anyone know where I could get one?
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Pam
        General Atlantis
        Spoiler:
        They are cut off from Earth, with (at the moment) no way to get back, and they're having problems getting food, so I doubt that clothing is high on their list of priorities.
        Rocky

Comment

Major Tyler :-)
          I think their Uniforms are great and I do not expect to see any changes surrounding their official uniforms per se but would enjoy flexibility in their off duty clothing and I see in the pics by Thor ( Major Thanks THOR ) we are going to see John and Teyla on other clothes which is refreshing and a trend I'm hoping is going to be continuing ..

Pam

Comment

Pam
            Knowing the nature of people I would expect to see a gradual casualness seeping into their wardrobes. I can imagine someone slipping away from the official uniforms and into those old ratty jeans they brought from earth, or the sweatshirt with the university logo on the front. Or T-shirts, shorts, tank tops, oversized sweaters, funny hats. Do they have a dress code? Who would enforce it? People like comfortable and convenient.

Having said that, Teyla could use some other choices. Can you imagine her in a frilly dress? I can't. As for the men, they've looked good in whatever they've worn so far.

Someone mentioned that SG1 wardrobe hasn't changed much and I would think that we won't be seeing much variation in SGA clothing either. But we can talk about it.

Comment

One thing I'm a little sad about is the zero percent chance of seeing Sheppard or Ford in blues (for their verious services). Ultimately, until and unless they get supply shipments from earth, if they start showing lots of verity in clothing people will be making the same comments they are about Weir.

Comment

They could always have a scene or two devoted to the Atlantis supply sergeant starting to make new clothes from cloth found in the city or imported from an allied world; then from there on they can wear a variety of clothes, from old skool to ultra-modern, and the issue is dealt.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  One thing I'm a little sad about is the zero percent chance of seeing Sheppard or Ford in blues (for their verious services).
                  But Ford isn't in the Air Force, he's in the marine corps, so he wouldn't wear blue. We have seen him in camoflauge. Also, I don't think they thought they'd need their nice fancy uniforms in Pegasus.
                  Rocky

Comment

Surely it's just a darker blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      Surely it's just a darker blue?
                      Well, everyone has probably seen the Air Force uniform. Here's the marine corps:
                      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        Well, everyone has probably seen the Air Force uniform. Here's the marine corps:
                        Is that blue? I have no idea, I'm colour blind and navy blue looks a lot like black to me (and vice versa).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          Is that blue? I have no idea, I'm colour blind and navy blue looks a lot like black to me (and vice versa).
                          It's black (or a really, really, really dark blue, but probably black.)
                          Rocky

Comment

Well, everybody has civvies. We've seen Sheppard and Weir in blue jeans, we've seen Ford, Teyla, Weir and McKay in civvies when they visited Sheppard in the infirmary in "38 hours". Everybody brought along clothing to wear during their off hours, but they could only bring along so much. However, down the road, yes, they could pick up new clothing. But I'm sure they're going to stick with the uniform until they fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              It's black (or a really, really, really dark blue, but probably black.)
                              In the marine corps they are still called blues. They are dark blue.

http://www.marines.com/about_marines/uniforms.asp

And from "An Unofficial Dictionary of the Marines.":
                              Dress Blues.
                              The famous blue uniform of the Marines with a standing colar. The uniform is similar to the one worn by Marines in the Civil War. The "sky blue" infantry trousers are adorned by a red "blood stripe" down the outside seams on commissioned and non-commissioned officers. This uniform is worn with medals (without medals it was at one time called Undress Blues). Current usage refers to Blue Dress A (with medals), Blue Dress B (with ribbons), Blue Dress C (sky blue trousers with khaki shirt, field scarf and ribbons) and Blue Dress C (short sleved khaki shirt and ribbons).
                              Last edited by Major Fischer; 01 November 2004, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X