X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica Personality Test

Personality Test by Join The Fight!
    I'm Lee Adama!

Haven't Joined the Fight yet? Choose your side, human or cylon! Click the pretty pic

Already in? Share your results in a reply, will ya?

Hi! I'm a sucker for just-for-fun personality tests... so after retaking it multiple times and getting the same result, I'm apparently Anders.

(I notice this thread is your first post here. Welcome to the boards! )
    Last edited by pynapl; 07 May 2008, 10:00 PM. Reason: placed image
    sigpic

Comment

Love is your god, and there's nothing you won't do in its name. Most people don't realize this about you — at least, not at first. You can seem stand-offish and hard to get close to. But those who you allow to get emotionally close to you learn very quickly how deeply you feel for them, and how devoted you are.

Even when you should be happy, you worry constantly — about what other people think of you, about whether you'll do the right thing, and about the consequences of your actions, which you might not understand until it's too late to set things right.

You're a reliable worker, professional and committed. In chaotic situations you can be a quick thinker, and you're able to see past your immediate situation to envision unorthodox solutions to seemingly intractable problems.

The biggest chink in your psychological armor? You have a knack for getting into controversial and potentially tragic romantic relationships. But, hey, nobody's perfect. Not even a Cylon.
      Last edited by daniel9; 07 May 2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Having taken it several times, I'm some bizarre combination of Anders, Gaeta and Lee.
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Well that's distressing. I loathe Tory but the description isn't far off the mark...

You live to manipulate people and opinions. You're always quite polite about it, and you act as if all you want to do is help. But who are you helping? Odds are it's yourself. You never lack for an agenda, though you're smart enough not to let people see that you're the one at the center of it.

Organization and persistence are your stock in trade. You're a planner, and you corral details and people and resources with tireless efficiency. When something gets in your way, you co-opt it, you go around it, or you destroy it. When people get in your way, you use them, trick them, seduce them, or frak them over.

Do you ever tire of scheming? You worry more about others' perceptions than you do about their suffering. In fact, the only thing you really worry about is your narrowly defined self-interest, and in its service you tend to pursue the most practical and least risky solution available.

Yes, you'll go far in politics.

I have always found it easy to manipulate things in my favour. A little white lie here, a half-truth there, an indirect suggestion without actually having said anything--it doesn't take much to make other people think what you want. And it just gets easier the better you know the person you're talking to, knowing exactly which buttons to push and more to the point how to push them.

Gods, I really should be a politican.
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 08 May 2008, 06:03 AM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well, I turned out to be LEE ADAMA. Could be worse.

I took it again and this time I'm Billy. Awwww, I loved Billy.

Comment

Have you ever met a lost cause you didn't fall for? How do you always seem to wind up on the losing side of a fight, in the political minority, or on the outside of society looking in? It seems like the result of a perfect storm of personality traits — your unshakeable devotion coupled with a love of the underdog.

You'd seem pretty normal if your compassion for others didn't constantly compel you to take positions that put you at odds with the mainstream. You'd sacrifice yourself to save a dodgy stranger, stick up for the rights of your enemies, and risk your life in the name of justice. And people hate you for it.

It's fortunate, then, that in most other ways you're a well-balanced personality. This solid grounding enables you to win some people over to your way of thinking, find new ways of balancing idealism and pragmatism, and cope with the stress of being a human lightning rod for controversy.

The world could use a few more people like you… but not too many.
              Puppet Hammond: Sergeant, make it spin.
              Puppet Walter: Spin? Sir, it doesn't spin.
              Puppet Hammond: What? It has to spin--it's round. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the General, I want it to spin. Now.

sigpic

Comment

No one makes a better executive assistant than you. You never steal the limelight from your superiors, unless they need you to create a distraction. Loyalty is very important to you, and you take your work very seriously — maybe a bit too seriously.

Your greatest strength is your knack for understanding other people's points of view. You genuinely care for the fates of other people, who sense this and reward you with their trust.

Organization is your other strong suit. You know how to track details and juggle schedules. Rolling with the punches, on the other hand, is not your forte. You cling to relationships and ideals long after everyone else realizes it's time to let go.

No one would call you a worrier or a free spirit; you maintain a steady balance of hope and pragmatism in your life and work. Your approach to problem-solving is similar. When a situation calls for innovative ideas, you come up with them. When a crisis demands a practical action, you know how to get the job done.

You ought to run for president. Just try not to get shot.

Eh. Not too surprised there.

Comment

Who would believe that a respectable-looking person like you would conceal such an edgy inner life? Most people who know you see a hard-working, ambitious go-getter. You're very disciplined and good at following through on complex projects. But you have layers, don't you? You hide secrets both sordid and dangerous.

You function well in a variety of settings, and you have a strong sense of right and wrong. When a crisis calls for someone to act with quiet courage and take selfless risks, you're the one who fills that role. Few people realize how vital you are, however, because you don't trumpet your own heroism.

The biggest stumbling block for you is that you have difficulty deviating from the status quo. You follow orders a bit too well, and you don't always know when it's time to throw away the manual and start making new solutions from scratch.

If only you didn't take everything so literally, or so personally — because when you snap, you go frakkin' berserk.
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I took it a second time a got Colonal Tigh. How, I have no idea.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      I took it a second time a got Colonal Tigh. How, I have no idea.....
                      once I got Ellen Tigh, but that was the round when I decided to answer with the options that made me laugh rather than what I really agreed with... even so...I still had that "yikes" moment, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

Laura Roslin:

compassion and intuition that your worldview is rooted in the long-term "big picture" rather than the mundane details of daily life.

Maybe you take intuition too far, though. People don't always know whether to describe you as visionary or deluded. They mistake you for an intellectual lightweight because you refuse to be bound by the chains of mere fact.

Your foes underestimate you, however, because they usually don't realize until too late that you are driven by a powerful sense of purpose. If the only way to serve your grand vision is to blast a few enemies out an airlock, so be it.

You worry about the consequences of your actions, not only for yourself but for the effects they'll have on others. But just because you care about other people doesn't mean you like them. You're usually polite and sociable, but sometimes your temper gets the best of you and puts others off. You can be charming when you make the effort, but there's the rub — it's an effort.
                        Probably my least favourite character
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I got Billy. Aw, I miss him.

Comment

Got anders. I'm no frakking cylon

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                              Laura Roslin:

compassion and intuition that your worldview is rooted in the long-term "big picture" rather than the mundane details of daily life.

Maybe you take intuition too far, though. People don't always know whether to describe you as visionary or deluded. They mistake you for an intellectual lightweight because you refuse to be bound by the chains of mere fact.

Your foes underestimate you, however, because they usually don't realize until too late that you are driven by a powerful sense of purpose. If the only way to serve your grand vision is to blast a few enemies out an airlock, so be it.

You worry about the consequences of your actions, not only for yourself but for the effects they'll have on others. But just because you care about other people doesn't mean you like them. You're usually polite and sociable, but sometimes your temper gets the best of you and puts others off. You can be charming when you make the effort, but there's the rub — it's an effort.

Probably my least favourite character
                              She's probably the one I relate to most (hence my favourite). Except for the whole religion thing so I'd never get it for an answer. Of all the descriptions I've seen, that last paragraph is me to a "t"- I'd say I'm more a mixture between Billy and Roslin.

marielabbot
                              this just makes me miss Billy all over again too.

Comment

Working...
                              X