X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacGyver movie revealed

http://gizmodo.com/386877/holy-crap-...er-film-coming

reveals today (May 3rd)

Today at Maker Faire 2008, MacGyver creator (and real life inspiration) Lee David Zlotoff announced he has a big budget MacGyver movie in the planning stages.

Zlotoff mentioned he somehow ended up with the movie rights years ago (extremely uncommon), giving him full control over the film. While few specifics were mentioned, and no formal announcement has been made, its extremely promising that the man with the power to make the film is getting the ball rolling. The question is...do you bring back Richard Dean Anderson as old MacGyver, or bring in a younger, Christian Bale-type to reprise the role of makeshift gadget god

RDA ALL THE WAY... PREQUIL MOVIES ARE THE PITS NOW... RDA ALL THE WAY...
    sigpic

Comment

Richard Dean Anderson all the way.

I seriously doubt any other actor can do MacGyver with the same fun playfulness that RDA gave to that role.

Any other actor and they have to call the character by a different name!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

From Maker Faire 2008:

http://makerfaire.com/pub/e/1318

Maker Faire Bay Area 2008
        MacGyver: The Making of a Cultural Icon

Maker Main Stage (Fiesta) , Saturday 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM
        Maker Shed Author Signing Area , Saturday 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM (after his talk on the Maker Main stage)
        Maker Main Stage (Fiesta) , Sunday 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
        Maker Shed Author Signing Area , Sunday 12:15 PM - 12:45 PM (after his talk on the Maker Main stage)

The writer of MAKE's Makeshift feature was father to McGyver, who was based on his own father. Learn about the origins of the MacGyver series and why MacGyver has become such a cultural icon.

Web site: none available

Topic(s): Arts

Tags: presentation, MacGyver
        About the Maker(s)

Lee Zlotoff Lee is a producer, director and screenwriter best known as the creator of the TV series "MacGyver"; he has produced, directed, and written for numerous TV shows and films.

MacGyver: The Making of a Cultural Icon Lee Zlotoff
        The writer of MAKE's Makeshift feature was father to McGyver, who was based on his own father. Learn about the origins of the MacGyver series and why MacGyver has become such a cultural icon.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

what would be the point in doing a Macgyver movie without RDA??
          if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

The one and only.....RDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Richard Dean Anderson all the way.

I seriously doubt any other actor can do MacGyver with the same fun playfulness that RDA gave to that role.

Any other actor and they have to call the character by a different name!
              Nope. They recast all the time, but not with very good results (think MIAMI VICE, as one example)...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Nope. They recast all the time, but not with very good results (think MIAMI VICE, as one example)...
                I understand that they recast. However, still doesn't change how I feel that any other actor wouldn't be MacGyver regardless if tptb called the character MacGyver.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

If Richard Dean Anderson isn't gonna b in the movie, they shouldn't bother even making it. I'll still go c the movie if he's not, but without him the movie wont do anywhere near as good without him in it.

Comment

hmmmm. i dunno about this. i would say RDA but he is getting on in years. i'm not sure he'd be able to do it the same............plus I doubt he'd be able to grow a new mullet.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Deja vu...

Is it 2005?

Comment

Ben Browder for leading role
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Didn't RDA briefly reprise his role as a MacGyver for a super bowl commercial? So he could do this.

I'm in the minority who saw him as Jack O'Neill first, and I've only watched about 1.5 MacGyver episodes. So, if I do watch it, whether he's in it or not will make no difference to me.

Oh and before someone posts anything say "OMFG YOU NEVER WATCHED MACGYVER!?!". It ran from when I was -5 till I was 1 (and a half), I had heard of it from The Simpsons but I simply thought they made it up to avoid copyright issues. Then I saw an advert for it as part of Bravo's "80's classics", saw it was real, saw RDA mulleted... and lol'd
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

MacGuyver had an estranged son in the series, correct? Seems to me a Crystal Skull style team up would work quite well.

Comment

Does anybody else remember a WB pilot a few years ago called "Young MacGuyver" starring Jared Padalecki (now of Supernatural)?

It never aired and it didn't get picked up for a series. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0352117/

The answer to the question of whether they would consider a MacGuyver project without RDA is "of course they would". They are Hollywood.

Also, I'm one of those people who never watched MacGuyver even though I was old enough to. It wasn't what I was into at that time. I do remember RDA on General Hospital though.

Comment

Working...
                              X